Confrontation Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He released her nipple and came up so that his eyes were levelled with hers as she opened them up to reveal those grey orbs that had haunted his dreams and fantasies for years. Minutes passed and they just stared into each other's eyes, both trying to understand the message hidden within their souls. His free hand cupped her cheek and his thumb brushed her full bottom lip affectionately- a bit too affectionately for his own ease. Was he having feelings for her? Or had he had those feelings all along and her absence finally revealed that to him?

He watched her lips part ever so slightly like she was inviting him to have a taste, without dwelling on why this was, he took his chances and pressed his lips against hers softly. He felt her hesitancy, but rather than force her like he was won't to do, he coaxed her unto accepting his kiss with gentles bites and licks. Once he was granted the access he sought, his tongue plunged into her mouth, a loud groan rumbled within his chest as he again tasted what he had longed for. It was enough to make him loose his hold on her wrist just so he could slip his fingers into her hair.

There was nothing rushed about this kiss, nothing aggressive, nothing that told Rhea she was kissing the same man who had given her the best sex of her life five years ago. This was nothing like the crude kiss she had gotten that day, this was more....passionate, like he was putting more of himself and his emotions into it, it was so unlike Mitch to put his emotions into any woman, he just wasn't that easy.

She slipped her fingers into his hair- finally making a decision of her initial choices, and moaned at his expertise, whether crude or passionate, one thing was for sure, Mitchell could make any woman soak her panties with a kiss.

He finally ended their kiss, he looked into her eyes as both panted from lack of breath. A finger traced the contours of her face from her forehead, to her brows, the bridge of her nose, it's tip, before slipping over her full lips, "I missed you." He breathed.

Rhea blinked, unsure of what she had heard him say with such sincerity, he sounded like a man who was relieved to have a dear one close by. He sounded strange.

"I was going crazy, I drank, I...I stalked Lynn, I searched everywhere I thought you would be and I couldn't find you. You have no idea how crushed I was." He continued.

Now she was shocked, was he drunk? She licked her now dry lips and asked, "You? Or your ego?" She could hardly even hear herself.

He smiled, "Maybe a little of both, but when you came back with Jonas, I was definitely crushed. Why did you keep him away from me?" He asked, his expression turning serious.

She almost felt bad at the look of hurt that crossed his features, she honestly hadn't thought he'd care, he just came off as this selfish jerk who would rather not have a kid running around and ruining all his fun, she hadn't thought for a second that he would want Jonas, and she told him so, "I didn't think you'd want him."

He scoffed, "Well you didn't give me the choice, did you?"

She shrugged, "I just...I didn't want to force you out of your little playground and I didn't want to have to explain to Jonas sometime in future why his daddy didn't like him." She admitted she had made some selfish decisions concerning Jonas, but most of it had been to protect him psychologically, with Mitch's behavior then, she thought he would have ignored Jonas most of his childhood or at least paid him little attention, but not enough to make him feel loved.

If nothing else, her revelation was the most hurtful thing he had ever heard, he knew most people thought of him as self-centered, but to think he'd treat his own blood with disdain simply because of circumstances he didn't cause? For the first time in his entire life, he lost his desire to sleep with a woman, ironically becuase of the same woman who awakened said desires in a matter of seconds.

Slowly, he got off her and sat up at the extreme end of the couch. He let out a laugh filled with pain, "You know, I almost reported you missing at some point, three months after you disappeared on me, I drove to the station one day, I was going to file a missing person's report, one of those really dumb ideas you come up with after having one too many bottles of scotch. And then I got there, and I thought to myself, 'who the fuck am I to report you missing?' I wasn't a relative, an employer, a lover or even a friend, just a one-time fuck, what if you just wanted to get away? What if you wanted to get away from me?" He laughed again and shook his head, but there was really nothing funny about his confession.

Rhea was now sitting up as she watched an array of emotions flit across his face, from pain, to hurt and amusement. She failed to speak at his pause, waiting for the end of his little confession. It would be easy to laugh at how much she actually believed him if she was watching herself from the outside. Mitchell montgomery? Caring so mucj as to report a woman he had had an impulsive fuck session with missing? Laughable, but as she now thought, believable too.

"If I had known there was even the possibility that you were carrying my child, if I had thought for one second that you were pregnant, I would have combed every corner of this entire country searching for you Rhea. I know I'm a selfish jerk, but you could have at least had just a little more faith in me." He finished, finally truning to stare straight at her.

Rhea's throat was dry, her heart felt like the life was being squeezed out of it. If she had known he'd be this hurt, maybe...no, it never occurred to her that he would care this much, then again, apart from what Lynn had told her and his reputation in the county, had she really known Mitch? Had she ever thought of hima s one who gave a flying fuck about anyone other than himself? No, she had based her entire judgment on hearseys and conceptions, never on facts, and the way he had taken her that day hadn't exactly made him look any better. But the man she saw now was not the Mitch she knew, no, she didn't know this Mitch.

"I'm sorry." She finally spoke softly. She honestly had no idea what to say after his gut-wrenching speech.

He wished that could take back all the years he had lost with Jonas, but they were gone, no amount of apologies from either of them would bring them back, "Don't see him anymore."

She furrowed her brows in confusion, unsure of what exactly that comment had to do with the current conversation, "Excuse me?"

"Jared. Don't see him anymore, don't lead him on."

"What? Why?"

"Because he has feelings for you."

Rhea gave him a look of surprise, she wasn't aware of that, still she didn't reply the way she knew he expected her to, "and why is that so wrong?"

He looked a bit caught off guard by that question, "You don't feel that way about him." He replied matter-of-factly.

Rhea shifted uneasily at the precision of that statement and the confidence with which they were spoken, "How sure are you of this?"

Now he was shocked, she was goading him, of course, why else would she lie so blatantly? He refused to be baited, "I'll go check on Jonas." He replied, putting an end to their converstaion. He got off the couch and made his way to Jonas' room, only to stop at the threshold, "And how sure I am? If I had been Jared, and I had taken you and Jonas to that park, I wouldn't have gotten that little Sesame-street peck you gave him, I would have had you moaning and pleading as I buried myself as deep inside you as I could get." His lips formed a cocky smirk as her cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

Glad he had made his point, he continued on his way.

He was sound asleep when he stepped in and Mitch was grateful for that because it allowed him the opportunity to study him closely. He watched him for minutes! Marvelling at how absolitely adorable he was- when his eyes weren't staring daggers at him. He never thought he'd be able to a part of the creation of something so perfect, he reminded him so much of himself both in looks and character, there was no doubt in his mind that Jonas was a full-blooded Montgomery.

He moved closer and sat on the bed, the small bed protested against his weight but it soon adjusted to it. His fingers danced lightly against Jonas' face like it had Rhea's earlier, the touch caused Jonas to stir and Mitch withdrew his hand quickly until he settled. He muttered something about blueberry pancakes which made Mitchell smile, yep, he was the cutest little thing, and to think he had almost missed out on his childhood....no, he wouldn't dwell on the past, rather, he was going to make the present and the future as perfect as he could.

He bent his head to place a light peck on Jonas' forehead, "Don't worry son, from now on, daddy'll make sure you never leave his side." He spoke softly and with a sincerity he never thought possible coming from him, but he was determined to keep his promise, he would never let Jonas go- nor his mother.

12