Conjunction

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I told him that my quest was a success, that he was right about the city, and the artifact that we found here. I've included some of my calculations informing him of when he can expect things to go back to normal. My hope is that he can coordinate with the king and the farmers to plan new growing seasons and maximize their yields. I've included my account of everything that I saw during my journey, everything that I've discovered, along with my proposal to have the Sorcerer's Guild send a contingent of scholars to the city. The Shamans seemed open to the idea. I impressed upon them that the city is their heritage, that they will have the final say in what goes on within its walls. It seems that saving the world has earned me some of their trust," he added with a chuckle. "The Guild will have to respect their wishes if they want to operate an outpost here. I also told him that I do not intend to return," he added, Kadal cocking her head at him.

"But...you talked so fondly of your homeland," she said, her frill rising to frame her head. "Are you sure?"

"I have everything that I could ever need here," he said, Kadal returning his smile as her frill flushed red with happiness. "I will need to travel back to the trading post just beyond the Western shore, however. I'm sure the owner can have a message delivered for me, and I'm not certain how they would respond if I had one of your kin carry the letter in my stead. Your people are settling in, and your Shaman told me that there are more on the way. They can manage things during our absence. How about it?" he added, "would you like to spend another couple of weeks alone in the desert with me?"

Her long tail slithered down to coil around his waist, lifting him from his chair, her thighs opening like a trap to catch him as she tugged him between her legs. The desk groaned under her weight as she leaned in to give him a kiss, lifting his chin with a clawed finger, her forked tongue darting into his mouth. She subjected him to a slow, affectionate embrace for a few moments, Caden unable to prevent his hands from wandering down to her wide hips.

"I worried what might happen when your task here was complete," she said after breaking off. "So much so that I didn't want to ask about it. You really mean to stay in the city? With me?"

"A whole herd of Borophages couldn't keep us apart," he replied, her frill fluttering with delight. She wrapped her arms around him, pressing his face into her chest as she hugged the breath out of his lungs.

"I've never been more glad to have lost a fight," she whispered, Caden's laughter muffled by her bosom.

-THE END