Constance and Her B&B Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The entree was medallions of beef, with mashed potatoes containing a generous amount of rutabaga for tartness. The Alexander Valley cabernet, six years old, was an instant hit, and six bottles disappeared.

Striking a note of informality, the Proprietor announced that desserts, liqueurs, and coffee were served in the parlor.

In the kitchen, the three of us hugged and kissed over the enthusiastic reception our meal had received. Connie whispered, "There isn't any drunken loudmouth. How did we avoid that everpresent hazard?"

Changed into our walking clothes, Tina and I offered to lead a stroll around the property under the brilliantly starry night, and almost everyone accepted.

She whispered in my ear as we shone big flashlights on the path, "She should be with you, but she pushed me out the door!"

I tightened my arm around her waist and said, "You are special to both of us, you know."

She punched my arm, "Damn, you've got me all teary again!"

Surprisingly, the guests did not linger, and the parlor was empty by ten. Connie and I carefully closed up the house, while Tina laid out the breakfast service for the morning.

It was nightshirt weather and the three of us squirmed in the big bed, seeking the warmest pile arrangement. Tina nuzzled and I said to Connie, "She is still fussing about being the odd man out."

"Doesn't feel like a man to me." Four hands attacked and she howled, "Stop, they are freezing me!"

"Definitely not a man."

"Hmmm." College girl was squeezed between two lovers, just where she wanted to be.

On Sunday morning, with the last of the holiday guests driving away into thick Mendocino fog, I had a strange sense of accomplishment. It was fun and funny, after a fashion, to play house in the Victorian B&B. Steve, my editor, would be really peeved if he found out the new novel was second in line to helping Constance restore her manse. And to providing a little bed warmth at the same time.

The kitchen was comfy and the women opened a space for me between them. I had hardly taken a sip when they were dragging me to the bedroom and a snuggle. "Arnie, we cleared two thousand dollars from the holiday guests. That's never happened before." They were worming around like cats when the phone rang.

"I'm lonely. Is there room at the Inn?"

"We are snuggled with him, talking about the project. Get your beautiful architectural self out here."

College girl was down to her underwear and perched on my chest. "We do have to get organized for Christmas." I reached between her legs, pinching the tender flesh I found there.

"Connie, he is feeling his oats. Are we allowing sex this morning?"

While I was teasing Tina, the owner and fiancee was slipping everything off. "He has been very well behaved for three days. We will offer him a choice. A cash bonus, or our bodies."

Tina's voice was very tough. "Constance Middleton, you are the proprietor of a successful and historic Bed and Breakfast. Arnold is a famous writer. You are no longer permitted to act like a common slut."

We were still wrestling and giggling when Camille rushed in, shedding clothes and asking, "I suppose my plans have been tossed?"

I was out of the bed in a flash and holding her high. "They are blowing off steam. Join the crowd."

We were about to join when the first tremor hit. And then another. I hollered, "A real earthquake, outside. OUTSIDE!"

We held onto each other in the damp cold, looking at the house move and hearing windows breaking. The shaking went on for almost a minute. Connie had only a thin robe and shivered in my arms.

"Damn," Camille said, "that must have been a seven. Now we find out how well built your house is, Connie."

I said, "I will go inside and get warm clothes. The rest of you stay here. There will be aftershocks."

I was back in a few minutes, arms full of what I could gather in a hurry. In the distance towards town, we could hear sirens.

While they dressed, I said, "we are ok and should offer to help in town. What about shutting off the utilities and dousing the fires for now? We need to sleep outside tonight, anyway."

It took almost an hour to load the pickup with emergency supplies and tools. I made sure the chain saw was fueled. I carefully navigated the basement, securing water, electricity and the fuel tank for the boiler.

It took another hour to cut downed trees and branches from Connie's road so we could get through. The cell tower was operating, and the emergency channel was announcing the high school would be the evacuation center, and the fire house the headquarters for emergency response.

Camille dashed up to the Fire Chief and pointed to us. He walked over to a table and was showing her town maps when we hurried up. She said, "They need help going house to house, looking for injured people and fire hazards." The fire chief handed her a section of map with yellow highlighter on it.

In a strong, take charge voice, Connie said, "Tina and I will go to the high school in Camille's car, the two of you take the pickup and do your search."

Driving to the northeast part of town that we had been assigned, Camille looked at me with unhappy eyes. "Arnie, it was such a nice holiday and now look at this. I hope we don't find any dead people."

I squeezed her hand, "Let's worry about saving the living, Cammie, we can't help the dead."

She flinched and closed her eyes, leaning back. After a moment, "Thank you Arnie, you are absolutely right."

Our area was about ten square blocks, almost fifty modest houses. There was a lot of self-help going on, and we encountered block captains already checking houses. I handed out rolls of orange and yellow tape. "Yellow tape means no occupants remain. Orange tape next to yellow means all utilities have been secured," I told them. With a lot of local help, our area was checked and secured by noon.

One of the biggest problems was people who said their homes were ok and they wanted to stay put. It took persuasion and arm twisting to convince them there would be aftershocks and some might be strong enough to knock down homes that had already taken a lot of shaking.

I caucused with several of the block captains to discuss the few who obstinately refused to leave, and the related issue of looting. I said, "Let's turn a negative into a positive. Pick three or four spots to be local communications sites. Use front lawns. Get some big tents up. Gather emergency generators there. Provide water and figure out sanitation. Organize patrols from those sites and have the people who don't want to go to the high school pitch their own tents nearby."

Camille was a wonder. Wrenches in her pockets for gas and water valves. Bandages and other medical in a pack on her back. A helping hand and a soothing kiss for the very old and the very young.

When we got back to the fire station for another assignment, Connie and Tina were feeding emergency crews from a giant pile of sandwiches and drinks on a card table. We found a place to sit and waited for Camille to come back from reporting in. She grabbed a sandwich and sat down.

"Incredible good luck for such a severe shake. Two deaths, both seniors, that look like heart attacks. A half dozen fractures, and lots of scrapes. Three fires, none of them serious."

She smiled up at a harassed looking guy who had approached. "Hello Ray, grab a sandwich and sit. I can guess what you need."

She looked at us and said, "This is Ray Smith, the head of the Building Department. He has the job of approving re-occupancy permits and is going to need help."

Ray smiled and said, "You are too, Camille. At least half of the buildings are going to need emergency repair permits, and you are the only architect and engineer in town."

They laughed at each other, not happily. "You must have had emergency drills on this, didn't you?"

"It's one page, Cam. It says requisition help from outside the area and establish an emergency permit processing center at a central location."

She thought a moment and said, "We will establish a help center. Architect and engineering services on one side, permits on the other. I will call my friend, Alan, the Architecture Dean at Berkeley, and have him send a half dozen students, complete with tables and supplies and computers, to staff the drawings side. Ray, you call the County and get some extra inspectors. With bad weather coming, we need to help people back into their homes as soon as possible."

The rest of us were nodding. Connie asked, "Camille, what about the contractors? Won't we have ripoff artists flocking here?"

I made a suggestion. "Let's have the local contractors set up a desk to interview people who want a special contractor badge. A signature and a badge number on a permit application gets you priority processing. I'll volunteer to staff the desk with help from Guerro and others we can trust. I'm good at sniffing out fakes!"

Two weeks later, it was raining cats and dogs, but only a dozen buildings were still empty because of incomplete repair work. The City Council was hosting a party in the high school gym for everyone who had helped get the town back together. Camille and Connie were so popular there was a line to get a hug and a kiss. Tina and I were against the back wall, sipping hot wine punch and enjoying the happy scene.

"Not bad, college girl."

"Not bad, novelist." She folded into my arms with a hot kiss. "I don't even care if I am seen kissing an older man."

"You are getting tortured for sure. How are the folks?"

"My dad has been working double shifts getting the store going again. Almost everything was on the floor, along with broken glass."

"What about Mom? Is she giving you a hard time for hanging out with Connie's disreputable gang?"

"Arnie! The way Mom tells it, we are heroes. Diving straight into helping everyone. Organizing the permit desk. For the moment, at least, we are walking on water."

"You're pretty cute, you know it? We need to snuggle tonight."

"Darn right. When can we leave?"

"You have to get permission from you know who. She says she threw up this morning and may be pregnant."

"OMG, an earthquake baby! When did you do the deed?"

"You have to ask? I haven't had private sex with her for weeks."

"Ooh, this is delicious. And it is all x-rated. We can't breathe a word of it."

"What about a wedding? Don't women want a ring before their belly gets big?"

Eyes flashing, she punched my arm. "They want a wedding band, silly. And it isn't a big deal anymore. You wouldn't believe how many couples are living in the woods around here without a marriage license."

"Go ask her if it is ok to leave so you can have snuggle time with me."

From twenty feet away, I could see the whisper in Connie's ear, and then a wonderful smile on her face as she turned and mouthed, "Bad boy!"

We had the pickup and Tina was stretched out with head in my lap. "You are such a nice guy, taking good care of me. I made Connie promise that even after the two of you are married, I get to hang out in your bed." She giggled and nibbled on my fingers. "At least part of the time."

"What do you call it when a guy has a wife plus two loving girlfriends all in the same bed?"

Bending my fingers, she said, "Family is what I call it. Is that ok?"

I didn't answer and felt choked up for some reason. We pulled into the back of Connie's house and went inside. When the four of us had found a moment to go over the place, it was hard to see damage, other than a few broken windows. Unlike 19th Century houses sitting on redwood timbers on the ground, Connie's house had a concrete foundation and the structure bolted to it.

She explained, "This house was built after the San Francisco earthquake. The architect practiced in the City and knew about the need for foundations."

I hugged her and said, "And we were lucky enough to fall in with the Mistress of the House with a Foundation!"

"Fix us a nightcap while I get ready for bed. Something hot and spicy."

When I came back there was a growing fire in the little stove, and a smiling college girl in the middle of the big bed. I handed over the tray and got cleaned up myself, slipping in tight to her side. "That is hot and spicy, just like you." My hands roamed.

She sipped and said, "I like being your hot and spicy girl. Maybe we should write her into the novel."

"She was a child bride, married off at seventeen to the richest logging baron in town. He managed to get in the way of one of his falling redwoods, and now she is the youngest, richest widow in town."

Tina added, "The husband taught her all kinds of naughty sex, and she has a long line of men at her parties and receptions. It is said, in the men only bars in town, that she fucks like a mink."

I picked up the story again, "But her bedroom behavior is just a cover for smuggling, using the dead husband's lumber schooners..."

Camille and Connie stood in the doorway, dark eyes flashing. "What is this? Tina making up stories so she can act the tramp?"

Cold hands reached for tender flesh and she was dragged away, wailing "No, no, no."

I moved over to the edge of the bed with my mug and awaited developments. After more slapping and shouting, I heard the shower. My eyes were almost closed when three lotioned and fragrant bodies were with me, snuggling, wiggling and laughing.

Constance sat on my chest, showing off her pregnant tits and daring me to attack. "No sex. Tina says we have to discuss our future. Our future together."

The eyes were actually serious. I sat up, keeping Connie close, and said, "Don't we need to finish the remodeling and get ready for guests over Valentine's Day? We've lost almost a month with earthquake recovery."

I used a warm tongue on the nipple closest to me. She turned to kiss my forehead, which brought the stiffening breast against my mouth. "Murphf," I said.

"That is very nice, but no sex, please! We have to talk."

I pulled back and sipped my own steaming brew. "It's not totally fair to ask a guy to talk when you are naked in bed with him. Especially when there are three naked beauties."

I positioned the architect between my legs, working hands in her lush black hair and massaging her scalp. Low moans came forth. "Arnieee!"

"What if we turned one of the writer's shacks into a studio for Camille? Something built just the way she wants it? You did say we are supposed to organize for a family?"

Connie sat with legs folded, giving me the evil eye as I dragged Tina behind Camille, working her muscles hard. "What about this one? Hasn't got her degree. Makes up risque stories as she goes. Has the resident writer completely under her thumb."

They came after me, rolling, laughing, pounding. I pinched in all the forbidden places, and finally lay back. Connie announced, flipping her hair, "This is ridiculous. The ancient house has come through the big earthquake intact, and we can't even be serious for one minute!"

Tina got Connie in a scissors grip with her legs and smashed their lips together. "Evelyn, the rich widow, called. She talked to Camille and got wind of the writer's shacks. Wants us to build one for her in the trees where she can entertain her men friends. Says she will pay extra, especially if we include a hot tub!"

Giggling, they sat on me. "Arnie, we are enough for you. Evelyn is off limits. Besides, one of those burly sea captains she fancies will find you in her bed and take you out!"

All the tension of the last weeks drained out of us. The last thing I heard before sleep was Connie saying, "This is too much fun."

The next morning, Sunday, was clear and sunny. Hands were running up and down my spine. "Coffee is coming."

Returning from the bathroom, I leaned over and kissed two naked behinds, and took a nip as a special present. Connie came up and nudged me, "Stop that and help with the tray."

Camille sipped her coffee. "I think we do have to get organized. We have to get plans approved now if we want to build as soon as it dries out." She looked at me with her dark smile, eyes crinkled and long hair in her face. I realized it was true, they did have me under their thumb. Each of them in their special way.

A large gulp of caffeine burned my tongue. "Before you fill my head with chores, I am going to the garret and write. Schedule a coordination meeting for lunchtime and I will work all afternoon at your command."

In the tiny bedroom on the third floor, there was a winter chill. Accompanied by a chill in my brain as I gazed at the meager pile of yellow sheets, untouched by human hand in almost a month. I closed my eyes and rehearsed the plot in my head.

Tea arrived at ten, along with a warm caress and a kiss on my cheek. My hand around her waist crept upward. The body jumped back. "No, no, no. No diversions, distractions, dalliances..."

The tea was abandoned as I descended the stairs with her wailing, squirming self in my arms.

"Stop! Help! He is being bad!"

Tina was cleaning the fancy new stove, while Camille worked on a site drawing at the kitchen table. They looked at us with smiles.

In my harshest voice, I said, "I found this devious woman hiding in the garret, up to no good."

I was pushed to a seat at the table, another mug of white tea placed in front of me, along with a freshly toasted muffin.

I moaned and mumbled, "Ladies, I have been corrupted. I am trying my damnedest to write, but my poor brain only thinks about my womenfolk down here working hard on our projects."

Camille found her way around the table, grabbing my ears and twisting the head with the nonfunctioning brain back and forth. "Arnie, you are excused from writing for the moment. I need a surveyor's assistant and you will do fine. We have to stake the new plan and take dimensions."

I reached behind and pulled her to my lap, kissing lightly and tracing her fine lips with my tongue. "Mistress, your many charms compel obedience."

All three rushed at me, shouting, and I dashed outside into brilliant sunshine. It was a great day for being outdoors, not in the attic writing. I chased them about, arguing for a run to clean out the fuzzies.

In a huddle, panting, they agreed. "You are right, Arnie. We need the exercise anyway. Connie will take us a new way!"

We set off through the trees, dodging downed branches. In twenty minutes, I was completely lost but we burst into a small clearing with an ancient log cabin in it. We stood there, catching our breath. Moss everywhere. Several small windows not smashed out.

"Tell us about this, Connie."

She pulled my ears and kissed the side of my head. "It is a deep dark secret. Two properties over from the one adjacent to me. I met the owner in town one day and asked for permission to run on his old logging roads. He said yes and told me about the secret cabin. That is one hundred fifty years old and where his great great grandparents first lived on this land."

"Oh my," said Camille. "That original old growth is practically indestructible." She turned to Connie, "Shouldn't some preservation be done?"

"Alex is in a nursing home now and I don't know his relatives. I don't even know if there are any."

Clouds had moved in and the clearing with its building was dark and mysterious. "I'd hate to see this pass into the wrong hands. Do you suppose I could afford to buy it from your friend Alex?"

"Arnie! That is so sweet." We turned and headed back. In the shade of tall second growth trees, it was hard to tell directions, but the pregnant B&B owner jogged as if she had been in this forest forever.

Back around a fire, she said, "I will go visit and ask about the cabin and its land. Maybe he might sell."

Ten days of sun had us scrambling to get contractors in place and the grading for new structures completed. Camille shuttled to and from the county building department office, where she was well treated for her hard work on earthquake recovery. One morning, in typical mist that had returned, a large flatbed delivered the first prefab building, which was to house Camille's office and work space.