Containing the Situation Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So would you like me to tell Bailey the trip's cancelled?" I asked pointedly as we walked back on the turf...

"Well I'm sure as shit not talking to her" Devon replied with a laugh/groan as he settled himself back down...

About 15 minutes later I noticed Arnie taking Devon aside and witnessed a pretty animated, one sided conversation that seemed to mostly consist of Arnie poking Devon in the chest and Devon nodding. I waited until Devon was safely departed before making my way over to Arnie and offering him a fresh brew...

"Here" I said with a smile," I think I owe you that..."

Arnie returned my smile and grabbed the beer from my hand.

"That little fucker has been dancing around the edge of getting his ass kicked for waaay to long" Arnie replied with a note of anger in his voice. He lowered his voice, "I saw him talking to Gregors' girlfriend last week outside the bar we were at and when I broke it up the two of them looked a little too guilty for my liking..."

"Was that what your little "intervention" tonight was about?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yep...I made it real clear that he had his one chance and next time I was kicking his ass off the team..."

"Well just wanted to say I appreciate the way you delivered your message on the practice field, not sure he will be lifting those arms tomorrow."

Arnie cracked a smile but in a more serious tone replied: "You know I got your back Kenny."

I just gave him a quick cheers, loaded up my gear and made the quick drive home.

I honestly had no idea what to expect when I got back to the house. Half of me expected to see Bailey with all her camping gear packed and ready at the door and the other half hoped that she had witnessed a "come to Jesus" moment and was waiting to apologize in a bra and panty set with a steak dinner on the table and Step Brothers queued up on the TV.

Neither of these scenarios proved out however as I came home to Baileys car in the drive way and no sign of her in the house. I walked up the stairs and found the door to her studio closed, with the sound of Nirvanas' "Jesus Don't want me for a Sunbeam" leaking from under the door.

Normally I would leave Bailey to her painting but I was pretty much done with this whole separation thing and decided it was time to force the issue. Opening the door I took in the sight of my beautiful, stubborn little angel painting what could possibly be the exact moment of the apocalypse based upon the paint colors she was using and the force she was applying them with. I knew she heard me enter the room so I decided to leave her no doubt I was there...

"Is this one entitled "The slow painful death of my stubborn asshole boyfriend?" I asked with a chuckle.

I couldn't tell if Bailey was trying not to laugh or getting ready to hurl ninja stars that she had strategically hidden in her clothing as I watched her hunch forward a little...I barely heard her muffled reply: "No..."

I wasn't sure what to expect as I quietly came behind her and slowly wrapped my arms around her. What I was not prepared for was for my strong minded, independent, stubborn as a mule girlfriend to spin towards me, collapse into my chest and begin to sob like an inconsolable child. I tried to calm her as I rubbed her back and whispered it was OK, we would be fine...I could barely make out her words as she continued to sob into my chest...

"I...uh...just want ...huh...you ...uh ...to love...me ..uh...uh...again" she managed to get out as she sobbed piteously. I held her trembling body as tight to me as I could just making soothing noises and caressing her long blonde hair. I could feel her trying to control her breathing as I felt her chest heave against mine. Eventually, with what felt like an entire body sigh she calmed down enough for us to talk.

"I could never stop loving you baby" I whispered to her as I held her.

I picked her up and carried her to our bedroom. Gently laying her on the bed I laid down alongside her and pulled her to me once again. I felt her mold herself so tight to me that it felt like she was trying to join herself to me.

"I hate it when...uh...you're mad at me..."Bailey cried softly as I held her..."The last four days have been the worst in my, my uh... whole life. I don't want to us to...uh...to be apart anymore...I hate it worse than anything" she finished, burying her head in my neck.

I felt her tears that had soaked through my shirt and now fell down the nape of my neck and experienced the most overwhelming sensation of love and, well I don't know what to call it, just...rightness...that I had ever experienced. I knew at that moment that she belonged beside me and that I needed to nurture and shield her awesome spirit and love for the rest of my life.

Bailey seemed all cried out as I whispered the words that I knew she needed to hear...

"You can never lose me Bailey...you're the Brennan to my Dale... the Amy Poehler to my Tina Fey...the George to my Jerry...The Black Knight to my King Arthur..."

I felt Baileys lips move on my neck..."Didn't he get all his limbs chopped off?" was her muffled comment...

"Right" I agreed..." That may have been a bad one...but you get the idea..."

I felt her arms move around me and her hands pull my head around to her...Brilliant tear stained eyes peered up at me..."Kenny?"

"Yes Baby?"

"Just shut up already and fuck me..."

12