Crescent City in The Rockies Pt. 02

Story Info
Young wife looks for love outside of her marriage.
15.2k words
4.66
61.1k
55

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 01/04/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JimBob44
JimBob44
5,056 Followers

*Author's Note: Any and all persons engaging in any sexual activity are at least eighteen years of age.

Disclaimers: This story has been edited by myself, using Microsoft spell check. You've been forewarned.

*.*.*.*

Upon hearing of the demise of her husband Emily Burgess stoically invited Annie Burgess, Anatole Burgess's spinster sister to come and reside in the small home on Annunciation Street in New Orleans, Louisiana. Together, they set about raising Anatole's daughter Merilee.

By the time Merilee reached the age of eighteen, she knew that Mother and Aunt Annie were not just sisters in law. She had happened upon them one too many times as the two full-bodied women lay entwined in one another's arms, kissing passionately. She had espied them one too many times in their all together, touching one another's hairy clefts.

At times, she even wondered, but never aloud, if Mother even missed her father.

The one indulgence Emily afforded Annie was a subscription to the local newspaper, the 'rag' as her mother termed it. Merilee enjoyed reading the newspaper as well, even though Mother always complained of the black ink stains the newsprint left on Annie's and Merilee's hands.

In the newspapers, Merilee read the fascinating accounts of the wild frontiers. How truly wonderful it must be, to be able to smell the fresh pine scent, to feel the dusting of snow flurries, to hear the sounds of wildlife. Here in the Crescent City, New Orleans, Louisiana, Merilee only smelled the fetid bayou to their south. She had never experienced a snow flurry, although the winters did become quite cold. It would be hard to hear wildlife over the din and noise of the city.

Then, quite by chance, Merilee happened upon the personals. Her eyes opened wide with wonder as man after man vied for her attention, man after man tried desperately to woo her through the printed page.

The newspapers had written an account of a recent find of gold and silver in Colorado. Merilee read and reread William J. Benhurst III's advertisement. He was writing, it would seem, just for her eyes, from the Colorado Territory.

"Mother! Aunt Annie!" she called out.

"Hmm? Oh, o, we uh, we're napping, child, but we'll be right there," Aunt Annie called out from the bedchamber the two women shared.

"No, no, I'll come to you," Merilee said cheekily.

"No, Merilee, you will wait," Mother insisted.

Neither woman seemed particularly impressed or excited by the notice. But Emily did nod assent when Merilee stated she would correspond with the young man.

And now, she stood on the train platform, waiting for the train that would take her to Benhurst, to meet and wed her betrothed. She and Mother and Aunt Annie chattered in French, their native tongue.

Then the conductor called out that they could board. A helpful young man did offer to carry her bag for her. And before Merilee could gratefully accept, an odious man thrust himself into their midst and ordered the young man to assist her. He even presumed to give the youth a nickel for his trouble.

Merilee was quite annoyed; true, she had but a few coins, but she certainly could have taken care of the situation. She even said as much to the overbearing man.

She sat next to the window, wishing to see the scenery, the landscape of their glorious nation as the train rushed them westward. Then a young man so very rudely sat next to her, speaking flattering words.

"No thank you," Merilee said, in as cold a tone as she could.

That young man did slink away, but he was replaced by a second. She rebuffed him as well. A third young man even had the gall to place his arm about her shoulders. Really quite forward of him.

Then the older gentleman asked her, in French, if she wished to be rid of the buffoon.

She smiled gratefully when the man called himself her father and drove the young man away. She looked at the man a little more closely now.

He was a handsome man, with the beginnings of whiskers upon his square face. His eyes were a light brown, almost golden in color. He was broad shouldered and his clothing was of exceptional quality. Even his boots were polished to a lustrous shine.

He did not presume to sit next to her. Instead, he sat across the narrow aisle from her. They chatted and she found that he too was going to Colorado, to the Denver area. He was an educated man, an accomplished man, a dentist by trade.

His handsome face did bear a scar, just underneath an eye and she inquired about it. She even traced the faint line with a gloved finger.

With delight, she discovered that her guardian had been in the military, had even served under the heroic General Daigrepont, the Blind General. Her beloved father, Corporal Anatole Burgess had likewise served, and died under the command of the brave Confederate General.

Alas, Dr. Jordinaire had not known her father.

In Lafayette, Louisiana, another young man fancied her. He even had the temerity to place his hand, directly on her thigh. Merilee discovered that her guardian was not adverse to threats of physical retribution and he had the dandy escorted away by the conductor.

Daniel, Dr. Daniel Jordinaire offered to sit next to her, to keep any further foolhardy young men away from her.

His smell was a manly smell. It was a clean, warm aroma that wafted from him and she felt drawn to his scent.

Then, as the hours wore on, as the train lurched and swayed, as the metallic clicking and clacking of the iron wheels droned on and on, Merilee was lulled into slumber.

She woke, face pressed against the side of her protector. She sat back and smiled at him. His eyes glowed warmly at her and she felt a rush to her private regions, staring into his handsome face.

"Ah Pere," she called him. "I must use the wash closet."

"Very well, dear daughter," he said, his warm, sonorous voice fluttering in her ears.

She did use the wash closet, then tidied herself as best as possible. She blushed prettily; he had waited for her and escorted her to their seat again. His arm was a strong one, a muscular one.

In Dallas, Texas, Merilee discovered that her guardian was also her benefactor. She was quite famished, almost to the point of weakness, and he purchased a meat pie for her to eat.

He also arranged for their luggage to be cared for. Merilee realized, she would have been quite lost without her dear Pere here to help, to guide her.

"Do not stay in Denver, dear Pere," she pleaded as they boarded the train that would ferry them to the bustling town. "Please accompany me to Benhurst"

"As if I could say 'no' to you?" he smiled and again, she felt that rush to her private region.

Even unwashed, he still possessed that strong, manly aroma. She leaned against him, feeling her breast press into his strong, manly side. The material of her bodice rubbed sensuously against her flesh and she inhaled deeply of him.

Again, in Denver, her Pere took charge, arranged for them to be aboard the stagecoach that would carry them the last leg of the journey to Benhurst. Her heart leapt when he had said to the stationmaster that he too would be on that stagecoach.

Daniel even had the foresight to have her telegraph her arrival time to William Jacob Benhurst III. Then he stopped in front of a barber shop.

Anatole, her father, had possessed a bushy mustache. Looking at the few days' growth of whiskers on Daniel's handsome face, Merilee begged of him to keep the mustache. And he did so, for her.

In her hotel chambers, which Daniel had paid for, Merilee prepared to bathe. She securely fastened, locked the door. She then draped a cloth over the door handle, blocking the keyhole.

In the center of the room was the wash bin Daniel had ordered for her. On a small table was a cake of lye soap, a scrap of linen, and a large flannel sheet. Merilee gratefully divested herself of her dress, which she had been wearing for quite a few days now, her shift, and her petticoats.

Then, nude, she stepped into the scalding water. Gingerly, she sat and let out a sigh of contentment as the heated water enveloped her body.

She did linger in the quite hot water for a few moments, feeling the heat against her delicate skin. Then, she reached one hand to her furry cleft. The other hand gripped her large bosom. She pinched one, then the other nipple as her other hand rubbed along the inner folds of her cleft.

"Ah!" Merilee sighed out loud as her crisis was soon upon her.

She was not yet satiated and continued to pinch and even twist her tightly crinkled nipples. Then she once again trailed her fingers over her cleft.

"Ah, dear..." she gasped out.

She paused for a moment. Had she been about to call out the name of her betrothed? Or her dear, sweet Pere, Dr. Daniel Jordinaire?

She then availed herself of the harsh lye soap, scrubbing away several days' journey from her skin. Soon, her skin was reddened from the harsh soap and the heated water.

Finally, Merilee stood and dried herself with the flannel sheet. A long mirror stood in one corner, and Merilee did glance upon her nude form before pulling on a clean shift. Her breasts were large, quite large on her five foot three inch frame. Each was capped with large light brown areolae and fat nipple. Aunt Annie had joked that Merilee's nipples would make both her husband and her child quite happy.

Her belly was slightly pudgy, the belly of a well-bred woman. Her hips were the hips of a young woman, one that would be well suited for motherhood. Her legs were full, well-shaped. And her feet and ankles were also well formed.

Her face was pleasing. Her rich brunette hair was full, lustrous, and her nose and cheeks were regal in appearance. Her eyes were a pale blue, the blue of a clear sky. Her lips were full, pouting, as if prepared to share a loving kiss.

No, William Jacob Benhurst the Third should have no complaints upon meeting his bride to be.

And upon their wedding night, he should find little fault with her physique.

Even as she lay on the straw stuffed bedding, Merilee swore she could still feel the rocking and swaying of the trains. But she did not tarry long before sleep overtook her.

The stagecoach was a terrible ordeal. Again, Merilee was forever in debt to her benefactor, Dr. Daniel Jordinaire. The trail was arduous, bumpy, rocky. He did make her chuckle when he quipped, "No wonder these are called the Rockies!" as the carriage threatened to overturn.

He bade her sit next to him. She clutched onto the leather strap with one hand and wrapped the other arm around his narrow waist. Then he placed his muscular arm around her waist and Merilee nearly forgot the discomfort of their journey.

Somehow, she'd managed to fall asleep. Once again, she awoke, her face pressed firmly against him, her breast rubbing so deliciously against him, her thigh pressed firmly against him. His scent filled her nostrils and she smiled into his warm eyes.

"Ah, Pere, you are the most wonderful pillow to rest my head," she teased.

"I should think I will find it difficult to rest without your breath in my ear," Daniel smiled.

And again, she felt that rush of heat to her private regions.

When finally they arrived in Benhurst, Daniel, as was his wont, exited the stagecoach first and made to help her. She saw the face of William Jacob Benhurst III peering into the darkness of the coach. For a moment, she felt a twinge of disappointment. William was a short, rotund youth. His hair was plastered to his head with far too much grease and his clothing, although of good quality, was far too snug for his stout frame. And his boots were quite filthy.

Merilee forced a smile to her face and reached for Pere's hand. Her foot missed the rung and she stumbled.

Without her strong Pere there, she surely would have tumbled to the dusty path, face first.

As it was, Pere's strong arm caught her. And his strong hand rested squarely upon her breast. A jolt as strong as a bolt of lightning seared through her body, dampening her private regions to distraction.

Then Pere placed her on her feet and he introduced her to William J. Benhurst III and William J. Benhurst, Junior. William the Third liked to be called 'Billy' and William Jr. was called 'Will.'

She then introduced her Pere, Dr. Daniel Jordinaire and was summarily forgotten by both Billy and Will. They were quite excited to have a doctor in their midst.

But Pere, dear sweet Pere did bring her into the conversation by telling them that it had been Merilee that had persuaded him to travel to Benhurst.

An impromptu tour of Benhurst followed their arrival and Billy pointed out various proprietorships to her. One was a taxidermist. Merilee understood the value of hunting. It provided fresh meat, and was far more humane, to thin out the animals, rather than allow them to starve to death because of too many beasts and not enough food. But to keep any part of the animal as some sort of trophy seemed ridiculous to her.

They passed a shop that had odd, jangly music within. Billy scandalized her by telling of the Oriental women that bathe their customers. For two dollars, these women would disrobe and climb into the bath and scrub their customers.

Billy also pointed out the saloons. Many of these saloons had women that danced, displaying their charms to male patrons. For a price, most of these dancing women would entertain the men in their chambers.

"You have quite a bit of knowledge of this," Merilee stated.

Billy blushed. Thankfully, they'd reached the building that Will had wanted to show to Dr. Jordinaire. She smiled when Daniel stated that she would be staying with him until such time that she would wed Billy, William Jacob Benhurst III.

Billy made her giggle when he declared they'd wed that very night. Then they went to a very nice restaurant and ate of buffalo meat and potatoes.

Merilee quickly learned the skills as a dental assistant. She also learned the skills of an office assistant. She wrote out a ledger for each patient and noted how much they had paid and if there was any remainder on their balance.

But, she felt, her highest priority was to make each patient of her Pere's feel welcome, valued. She smiled and chatted with each person that entered the front parlor, found the nature of their ailments, and ushered them into the inner office when Dr. Jordinaire was ready for them.

Billy was forever underfoot. Merilee did hope it was just the excitement and novelty of her being there, in Benhurst, no longer a correspondence courtship. She did hope he would curtail his enthusiasm once they were wed.

"Else, I shall find his very presence quite overmuch," she confided to Pere.

Merilee did find it curious, though. Many of Dr. Jordinaire's patients did make slightly suggestive remarks, did make clumsy attempts of wooing her. Pere frowned at this, even chiding the more persistent of these men. Yet Billy would smile proudly when these same men made these comments in his presence. He would preen and smile a self-satisfied smile.

The gown Pere had commissioned for her was truly beautiful, of ivory silk and layers of chiffon. Merilee thought the price of twelve dollars to be exorbitant. But Pere readily approved the cost.

She promised to repay him. But Pere smiled and told her she had already repaid him.

His home, Pere said it was their home; she organized the labor for, and made corrections in the design as it was being constructed. In homage of their original home, Pere called his homestead 'Crescent City.'

In his home, Merilee had her own bedchambers. It was directly across the hall from Pere's bedchambers. Beulah, Pere's housekeeper, took her orders from Merilee, calling her the lady of the house.

To Merilee, this was as idyllic an existence as she'd ever enjoyed. Her father, Anatole Burgess had doted upon her, called her his little princess, had made her squeal and scream as he tickled her.

The cursed War Between the States took him away from her. For many years, she pined for the loss of such a wonderful, brave man.

And now her Pere Daniel Jordinaire did dote upon her. Her every whim was indulged. No expense was too great, it would seem.

Then the day of her wedding was upon them. Merilee left Crescent City in the Benhurst buggy. The buggy had been freshly varnished, then festooned with white ribbons. The four Benhurst horses had likewise been adorned with white ribbons.

"Madame Burgess, your carriage awaits," Pere had tried to joke.

But Merilee could see the tears in his eyes. He, as always, shrugged off the hand of Caesar Washington, Billy's stable boy and assisted Merilee into the rear of the buggy. He then tied his own mount to the rear of the buggy and hopped into the buggy to sit with her.

Merilee rested heavily against her Pere as the buggy slowly made its way toward Redemption Baptist Church. She and Pere waved and called out to the well-wishers that watched their procession.

"If Billy won't wed you, I will," one young dandy called out.

"If Billy will not, man, I am the next in line," Pere called back.

Then, in a small, cramped vestibule, the dressmaker and her two rather overfed daughters assisted her out of her dress and shift and petticoats and cinched her into a quite uncomfortable corset, then lacy shift, gauzy petticoat, chiffon shift, and then full hoop and bustle. Finally, the ivory silk gown itself was draped over her many layers of clothing.

"I'll let Reverend Dumble know we're ready," one daughter said and lumbered out of the room.

Then Merilee was alone. Alone with her thoughts. Was this the right thing? She had travelled many miles to this very spot. And had it not been for Dr. Daniel Jordinaire, her dear Pere, she may have not managed the journey.

The door opened and her Pere was in the room. She looked at the handsome, distinguished looking gentleman an and tried to smile.

"Dear Pere, am I, should I do this?" Merilee asked, desperately wanting an answer, some guidance.

"Dear Merilee, many a bride has sat and pondered that very question," he smiled. "Why, even Annette, my own wife said that she had uttered those very words to her father."

"And what has become of your wife?" Merilee asked. "You've not said you ever had..."

"She is of no importance; this is your day," Daniel said tightly.

Merilee looked into his light, almost golden brown eyes. She saw the profound sadness behind them. She imagined she could even see bewilderment in the tiny flecks of brown. The realization came upon her.

"She wounded you deeply," she whispered to him.

Merilee stood and gently touched Daniel's face with her hand.

"I should never bring such sorrow to you, dear Pere," she whispered as her gloved finger traced his now lustrous mustache.

"Ah, but you have," he tried to joke. "You have wounded me deeply, from the moment you claimed to be beholden to another."

Merilee smiled at his words. She then laughed out loud when Daniel captured her finger with his teeth. She stood on the toes of her uncomfortable shoes and kissed him softly, lips to lips. A wave of energy flooded through her when she felt the bristle of his mustache tickle her soft lips. That jolt radiated warmth from her lips to her bosom, from her bosom to her private regions.

"Billy has never caused me to..." she thought, then pushed that thought aside.

She turned, picked up the bouquet of freshly picked flowers and took his arm.

"Let us go, Pere," she said.

Daniel cried during the ceremony. He sobbed, unashamed as the minister pronounced Billy and Merilee man and wife, announced that henceforth, Merilee Burgess would be known as Mrs. William Jacob Benhurst the Third. Merilee's own eyes shone with her tears. But even through her blurred vision, Merilee could see the smug satisfaction on her husband's countenance. She could see amusement in his eyes as he regarded her Daniel.

JimBob44
JimBob44
5,056 Followers