Dale's Women Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"In fact, she told me that she had been pretty wild when she was young. After all, she'd been born in 1952, so she came of age during the sexual revolution of the sixties. She told me she'd lost her virginity at fourteen, and that she'd pretty much slept with anyone—male or female—during high school and college. But eventually she got tired of bed-hopping, and when Henry came into her life she realized she needed to settle down. And she did: she was married to him for thirty-six years and remained faithful to him that whole time. He wasn't the most exciting lover in the world, but he was a good man and a good husband.

"Maybe that's why, after six weeks, she decided to call it quits with me. After a particularly vigorous session on a Friday night, she lay on her back, covered in sweat and other fluids, and just turned to me.

"'Dale, I have something to say.'

"I knew exactly what she was going to say, but I still couldn't endure to hear it. When I didn't speak, she went on:

"'I think we'd better not see each other anymore.'

"'Why?' I managed to croak.

"'You know why,' she said gently.

"I didn't, really. Did she feel she was somehow violating the memory of her marriage by taking up with me? Was it just our age difference that was freaking her out? Was it that she was unable to see how we might have a future? I just couldn't say.

"'Hasn't it been good so far?' I said, wishing I didn't sound so whiny.

"'It's been wonderful. You've been wonderful. You're a treasure. But I can't—' She stopped abruptly.

"'Can't what?'

"Heaving a huge sigh, she went on: 'I can't risk getting emotionally attached to you. The more a woman goes to bed with a man, the more her emotions come into play.'

"'And that's bad?' I said, befuddled.

"'In this situation, yes, that's bad.'

"'Well, my emotions have already come into play. I feel a lot for you already.'

"'I know you do, and I'm touched by that. You're a strange, unusual, utterly charming young man. You need to find someone of your own age to love and cherish.'

"'I'm not attracted to women of my own age.'

"'You say that now, but that may change.'

"'Maybe—but why can't we just enjoy the moment? We're having a good time now, aren't we? Why can't we just go on for a while . . .?'

"'That's pretty hard for a woman of my age to do. I can't help thinking of what the coming weeks, months, and years will be like. I find it difficult to imagine you being in my life all that time.'

"'You don't have much faith in my loyalty and devotion,' I said sulkily.

"She turned to me and stroked my cheek—just as a mother would. 'It's not that. I'm just facing reality. You're not going to be with me in five, ten years' time. And the more we're together, the more our emotions will come to the surface and the more painful our eventual parting will be. So let's just call it quits now, before we both suffer needlessly.'

"I could tell her mind was made up, so I stopped arguing.

"'Let's just get a good night's sleep,' she went on. 'Tomorrow I'll make you a nice breakfast, and then you can go.'

"I heaved myself up from the bed. 'I think it's better if I go now.'

"She didn't protest, and I suspect she was secretly relieved that I'd made that decision without too much fuss.

"I dressed quickly and trudged downstairs. She followed, wearing just a nightgown. At the door, I kissed her deeply, gave her bottom one last squeeze, and left. And that's the last I ever saw of her."

12