Dangerous at Night Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Barney answered on the first ring, "Yes?"

"They are taking Caroline away. We need an immediate tail. She doesn't look happy."

"Yes, Ma'am," he replied, "I am on that too."

Just to be safe, Sarah called Alan and reported recent activity. He had been sleeping, but was instantly alert, as agents are trained to do.

"Stay put and act as comm relay. Tell Barney that Geoff and I are available if needed."

By the time she reached Barney for the third time, he was out the door and being picked up by a Met patrol car that headed after the surveillance in progress.

"Thank you, Sarah. The limo is headed into East London Dockyards and we are triggering more resources."

Sarah knew she had an important duty as the Comms person, but fidgeted nevertheless. Damn, something important was going down and she was stuck in an empty townhouse!

* * *

By late morning the next day, Sarah was in the Director's Office, along with Alan and Geoff. There was a Zoom call in progress, with Barney and a Deputy Commissioner on the other end. Barney was summarizing events of the evening.

"We don't have the full story, but a dozen individuals are in custody. An immense amount of drugs has been discovered in the engine room of a tug. Warrants are being sought as we speak for names that have already been gathered.

"It seems Caroline was being blackmailed, and is now spilling everything she knows. Her husband has been placed under house arrest, but as a sitting member of Parliament, we must be careful. The Press is hounding us and an official announcement with as little detail as possible is being prepared..."

The Director looked at Sarah, "Your surveillance triggered this? A second nighttime success in less than a month?"

Laughing, he pulled open the desk drawer containing his store of medallions and peered within.

Barney's Commissioner asked, "Sir, should the Met deal with the Palace? Apparently, their interest was misdirected and several someones are on report."

"By all means, Commissioner. I assume no contact with my friend, Roger Cunningham?"

"That would be best, for the moment. Given his history with his wife, and his prior contact with you, it may be he is innocent of any involvement. But the lawyers and the Crown Counsel will sort it out."

The call ended and the Director stood, "Well done, all of you, and especially Sarah. In due course, there will be some public recognition. Now go celebrate."

Reggie was headed to a faculty meeting, but insisted on diverting to a group luncheon when informed of the latest success. It was almost two when everyone was assembled at his club. Carolyn and Natalie were all over Sarah. "Mouse, this is fantastic! A second triumph!"

Sarah's eyes pleaded with Alan and Geoff for help. After all, her part was sitting in a dark room!

She was kissed and poked. Geoff whispered, "Agent, store this up. Other times may not have such fine outcomes."

The usual excellent champagne flowed freely and Carolyn inquired, "Father, will we ever get back to the terrorist assignment?"

Reggie put on his best 'No Comment' face and said, "I will inquire."

Alan and Geoff wanted Sarah to return with them to Thames House, but she argued successfully that her current anonymity might still be needed and scampered off on foot for Belsize Park and a long soak in the tub.

(Continued in Part 5 - Sarah Turns Reward into Another Success)