Dark as Daylight Ch. 21B

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Matti screamed, "Manolo did you check to see if she was bleeding anywhere?"

"Yes Matti her counts were all fine. Her liver is functioning fine and so are her kidneys. She has just gone anemic on us. The infusion of whole blood is a great idea. I'll run it through the 'Heart-Lung' machine twice before letting it enter her system. Please remember she is my patient also, and I don't want to lose her. I think her heart will stand the extra pressure of four more units of blood. However, as it's going through her system, watch her blood pressure carefully, and if it spikes take one unit of her blood directly from her femoral artery, while you are adding a healthier unit to replace it? Don't go 'Bat Shit' on me Matti, just answer the question as best you can. Do you think she can take it?"

"Manolo, I'm amazed that the back of her heart has not exploded already. There are areas that we scraped down to a thickness thinner than a piece of paper. In my opinion, I would remove four units of blood and add three units of whole blood to see how she reacts. Keep that extra unit in reserve just in case she needs it."

"That is what you do, Matti. Everyone is watching her like a hawk. We are testing her blood every four hours, and if we must do it every hour that's what we will do. We are not going to allow her to die from negligence."

"Have you heard from the CDC?"

"No, not a peep. Maybe there in contact with Agnes. Why don't you give her a call?"

"I'll do it. Talk to you later."

"Thanks Matti."

*****************************************************************

"Dad, I'm going to pull a fast one on Patrick, and I need you to back me up."

"Son, your mother is near death. I've got 1 foot in the grave, and if she dies, so will I. Patrick will kill you if you do what I think you are going to do to him; then he will kill the young lady you want to bring here, for him to play 'footsie' with. He will kill himself, right after he kills you for trying to pull a joke on him using the woman he believes he's in love with. How close am I?"

"Dad, you are a warlock. Don't you dare say one word to Patrick about what I'm going to do. I want to see the look on Pat's face when she walks in the door. I believe my brother will be tongue-tied for the first time in his life, when he falls into her eyes and arms."

"You won't be able to get her to come to New York alone. From what I remember, her parents will want to be with her every minute she is away from Houston."

"That's fine with me, dad. If her parents are willing to shell out $2827.58 per ticket, each way, to travel from Houston, to LaGuardia, on a government executive aircraft to watch over their darling Juliet's virtue, as she tries to lift Patrick's spirits, because of his father's and mother's medical conditions. I believe I can pull that off, by tomorrow."

"William, I think you are being extremely unkind to your brother during this extremely stressful time in our lives."

"Really! You mean I have succeeded in doing something to him that I've desired to do for a very long time?"

"Yes, you have, but is now the appropriate time for you to do it?"

"We had better laugh hysterically, when we see the look on Pat's face when she walks into our home, dad."

"If we don't laugh, my son, you will be removed from all your exalted positions in my companies and you will start cleaning all the bathrooms and floors from 7 PM to 7 AM."

"Dad talk about being unfair? All I want it is for Patrick to be as happy in his marriage as I am in my marriage to Gwen, and you are in yours to mom for the rest of his life. He's been moping around over this girl for more than a year. How much more proof do you need that he is in love with her? He could have sex with Audra as many times a day as he wants for the past year plus, but he has remained celibate because of his love for Juliet. If there's nothing on his desk to do, he sits down, and stares out of his office window, hoping that she will pass by and sneak a look into his office.

I'll give the $10 million to her parents. Hell, instead of the money, we can give the parents one of our ice cream shops to work at, or eventually manage, and if they work out, we can make them Limited Partners in the future. It will give them the stability they want and need. It will also give them more money than they ever dreamed of."

"Which one of our shops were you thinking of giving them?"

"Off the top of my head, dad, I was thinking of one of them on Staten Island."

"A devious bastard you are my son! You want her parents close, but not too close to the children, while they are dating."

"Dad, Patrick will have her pregnant in under one month. The engagement period will have to be very short, and they will get married, and do their house hunting in Houston. Her parents will be devastated because of the business."

"My boy, you have put a lot of thought into this relationship, haven't you?"

"Yes dad, I have. As I said to you before, all I want is for Patrick to be as happy as Gwen & I and you and mom are. She is the one for him dad. You can ask any one of our agents who is watching over him."

"Okay William, you sold me. Let's do it next Tuesday. Is that okay with you?"

"Have you been looking at my notes dad?"

"You know Manolo will not let me climb stairs."

"So, is that a yes or no?"

"It's just a verification that next Tuesday was my planned date."

"William, you are too easy."

"What do you mean, dad?"

"I do have friends in this house, and some of them do go into your room to straighten up. That's how I knew Tuesday was your day."

"I'm beginning not to like you, dad. Here I was playing by the rules, and you cheated."

"I didn't have to tell you I cheated, my boy. I just wanted you to know that there is more than one way to skin an Apple and peel a grape. You have to know who you are playing against."

"I did know who I was playing against. I just didn't think he would cheat against me. Now I have work to do to make sure everything goes according to plan Tuesday morning and afternoon. Rest well dad, don't wake up mom."

Softly, Jemma said, "Who can sleep with you two yakking away?"

William Senior nearly broke both his legs trying to get out of his bed and across to his beloved.

Junior had to grab him around his waist and stabilize his body, before he broke something, which would have sent him back to the hospital.

Senior said, "Good afternoon darling, I know you have all these tubes and everything, going into every part of your body, but do you think I could sneak in a kiss before your nurses comes in here and yells at me?"

"You better; you old fart. It feels like you haven't kissed me in a week. Where the hell have you been?"

"I have never been more than 8 feet away from you my dear. I sleep in the bed just to your right to keep the morning light out of you eyes. I eat my meals in my easy chair at the end of your bed, and I watch television in the same room as you do. I never leave your side, because I don't want you to do anything as stupid as you did last week ever again."

"You better tell Gwen, if she ever hits me that hard in the chest again, I'm going to pull her lungs out through her asshole. My chest still hurts. What's going on, William?"

"Jemma, you are very lucky to be alive. If you hadn't been in such excellent physical condition before your heart incident, you would have died on the operating table."

"You're lying to me, William. I have never been sick one day in my life. I always take care of my health."

"Dad, why don't you let me take this one? It might be safer for you."

Dr. Braverman walked in and said, "If either one of you upset my patient, I'm going to put you in stasis until you are 130 years old. She will live a long and happy life without either of you. I will make sure that Gwen is not at a loss for male companionship, even if I must take care of that part myself. Is that understood William?"

Senior said, "That doesn't bother me one bit, Manolo."

"It bothers me quite a bit, Manolo. Go near my wife and your best friend will be permanently 'Missing in Action.' I am sure you get my meaning, doctor."

"Your eldest son is very possessive of his spouse, Jemma."

"Keeping it zipped around her is a good idea, Manolo. He prizes her above everything, including 'MONEY. His children come in a close third."

"William, your wonderful wife is safe from me. I will protect her from all harm I see coming her way, during my lifetime, and if possible beyond."

"Thank you, Manolo, it is much appreciated."

"I guess we should let mom in on our little subterfuge now, dad. If we wait any longer, one of us is going to get hurt."

"You do it, William. I am already bedridden."

"Isn't that more reason for you to do it, dad?"

"Okay you two, what is going on?"

"Nothing I have planned will bother you much mom. Watching your youngest son get married will lift your spirits considerably."

"Patrick's getting married?"

The blood pressure alarm went off.

Junior took his mother's arm and begged her to calm down.

"Mom, I am working on a plan to get Patrick married, within the next month. If all goes well the wedding will be held in this house, and you will be in attendance."

"Don't you fuck with me, William."

"I won't go into details with you, mother. I just told dad how I anticipate handling it and that I'm willing to give up $10 million to get my brother married. However, not married to any woman, but to the woman he loves as much as dad loves you, and I love Gwen."

"Oh crap, Patrick is a dead man. Has he proposed to her yet?"

"Mom, he's afraid to talk to her, and she is afraid to talk to him. They work together in Houston. Their friends think it is so cute. They take different hallways so they won't have to run into one another.

We have had security check her and her family out, and it is a match made in heaven. All we have to do is get them to say hello to each other, and nature will take its course."

"I will write you a check for $10 million if it works."

"Mom, I don't need your money or dad's money. It will come out of the business as a necessary expense. One more thing, it looks like Jim is going to take a vacation. I will not mention her name because she is of legal age, and requests anonymity. He will be leaving next week, just when the kids get out of school. She is a wonderful example to the students she teaches and interacts with in her public school."

"She must be very smart to be a teacher at 19."

"When Jim first saw her, he thought she was too young and stayed away. He listened to the 'Competions' declaration about her age, and treated her with deference, but he had to know. However, Jim was too interested to let word of mouth end his interest. He began to investigate her through every law enforcement agency and found out everything about her before he says word one to her.

He checked with the institution she worked for, got her Social Security number, drivers license number, her parents history and the state ID number. It all worked out for him. Then he handed her a single, perfect Yellow Rose, in front of the other ''Teachers' at her school as they were sitting on stage. The pupil stood up and applauded. Jim turned, bowed, put his finger to his lips and they all went quiet and sat down.

The principal offered him a job if he would do that to the children every day.

Jim declined.

They will be gone from 4 to 6 weeks, using one of the company jets and corporate cards. The man has more vacation time, and comp time than anyone else in the corporation."

They have been seeing each other regularly, and they leave for vacation as soon as school ends for her.

"I remember I had a conversation with him before I fell apart. Did he remember that part of my conversation?"

"Every word. He is going to have her blood tested before they leave on vacation. Even if she is on birth control pills, he is going to have the doctor implant an IUD for good measure."

Manolo said, "Now there is a man who does not want children in his life, either voluntarily, or involuntarily."

"Jim's job is to protect me from the moment I step out of this house, until the moment I step back in. He makes a lot of money doing it. He does not want a little one getting in the way of his terrible life. A wife would be fine, but diapers would screw up everything. His mind would not be on me, it would be on his baby."

Jemma laughed, then she coughed.

"Jim could take apart this house with his bare hands, but the thought of a baby in his life terrifies him. You men are cowards."

"If you are tiring out my patient, I'm going to attach a cell phone to her wrist so she can talk to you if, and when she pleases. She will be able to see you on the absurdly large televisions on the wall in front of her. How are you feeling Jemma?"

"When am I going to be allowed to sit up?"

"There are a lot of things that have to happen before you can sit up little lady. Think of that time frame as months instead of weeks, and if things do not go your way, it could be as long ad one year."

"One year, are you out of your fucking mind? Why?"

Let me enumerate some of the things you and your body must overcome before you can become a 'normal functioning woman' again.

1. You have an infection ravaging your body called, "Necrotizing Fasciitis. We must beat that infection so your body can begin to gain energy, strength, and reserves of both. As of now, you barely have enough energy to stay awake 4 to 6 hours per day. Yes, I know some of that is due to the Medications we are giving you. However, it is also part of the process of getting you well. Jemma, awake you are more than a handful to keep happy and content. I won't bring your husband into this conversation. It is better that he stays happy now, because you threatened to leave him by doing something simply stupid, and dangerous. Listen to the professionals, don't discard our advice. You family is paying us a fortune to keep you alive

We are waiting for the "Centers for Disease Control" to tell us how Agnes' cocktail of antibiotics is doing to defeat Necrotizing Facetious that was ravaging your heart and Pulmonary artery. Even if the medications are only holding their own against it, that is a good thing. We are looking for a new heart for you everywhere in the world. The closer it is to New York, the better it is for you. Even when you get the new heart, when we open you up we don't know what we're going to find. If that disease is still virulent in that area, it's going to be a very tough call to put the new heart in. The surgeons do not make that call. The chief of medicine does. If he doesn't think it's worthwhile, the heart will go to someone else, and we will be back to square one: Try to Kill the Infection. Don't get down on yourself, and don't lose hope. We are still waiting for the CDC to get back to us. They are the experts, they will come up with something to kill this bitch."

William said, "Stop calling my mother a bitch."

"Junior, only I can tell someone not to call your mother a bitch."

"Are you two having fun at my expense? I'll take one of these tubes out of my arm and strangle you with it."

Senior reiterated, "You see, you've awoken the bitch in her."

Alright children, I still have the floor."

2. After we have beaten the infection, it's back to the hospital for two major operations. We must delicately remove your injured heart. Then the hard part starts. Matti must remove all the damaged tissue, in the hollow of your chest. She must remove or kill every artery and vein the Fasciitis has touched or destroyed, before she can insert the donor heart. Matti will perform her magic again as will everyone else involved in that procedure. You are looking at 18 to 20 hours of surgery, and at least 2, maybe 3 surgical teams. They are going to have to drag Matti out of the operating theatre screaming, but she is only human, and even she can not stand for that many hours and be expected to do everything with precision.

Everything must go exactly right for this transplant to be successful. You are so weak. You are not the athletic woman you were when you walked into that restaurant. You are a not even the 10-month old baby you were at the beginning of the operation. Here is the hardest part for you. You must fight for your life as hard as you have ever fought for anything before. You will have no reserves of energy. If I asked you to blink your eyes 10 times I would be amazed if you got to three. If you got to four, I would consider you superwoman. The first operation took every bit of stamina you had stored in your body just so you could get to where you are today. We are giving you nutrients, vitamins, minerals and most of all proteins, to try and build up your energy stores in your muscles. Your urine is the most expensive urine on the planet, because your body is not able to absorb everything we are giving you. We are going to continue giving you these things to get you stronger than you are today. The longer it takes to get you a new heart, the longer we must get you stronger than you are now. You will never survive a 20-hour operation if we can't get you stronger."

"I am going to lift my head, you asshole. I can do it; I know I can do it."

Manolo yelled, "Kaynie bring the defibrillator in here and charge it up to 300 Jules."

"Doctor, you'll burst the back of her heart open using 300 Jules."

"I know Kaynie, but at least she'll be dead, and the rest of us can go on with our daily lives as before. We won't have to think about her welfare every second of the day. She is always right. She thinks she knows more about her own welfare than the rest of us. I am going to allow her prove that she is right, and that her 8 doctors, in conference, are wrong."

"300 Jules, nurse."

"Manolo, may I kiss my wife goodbye?"

"Go ahead William, she will not be with you at dinner tonight, and don't save a seat for her at your 130th birthday. She won't be there, I guarantee it."

William looked into Jemmas' eyes and asked, "Do you really want to leave me and the girls, because you have a burr up your ass today?"

"He won't do it, William. The Hippocratic oath. First, do no harm."

"He won't be doing harm dear. He will be trying to resuscitate you. I will swear to it in court in his defense. It is you that must change, Jemma, and you must change drastically, now, my love. Given the opportunity, I would love to be the pain in your ass right now. However, I will not make love to a dying woman. I want her healthy, and I want her at my 130th birthday. It's up to you dear. I'm going to do my best to be there. According to my doctor, I am very healthy for a man my age."

"That's because I take care of you."

"William, how soon is lunch going to be here? Maybe we can get your mother some Ice Cream."

"The men left 20 minutes ago, dad. The round-trip should be another half hour. I am sure they can get the 'Ice Cream' on their way back from McDonald's."

The blood pressure alarm screamed along with Jemma. "Go ahead, you asshole, eat fried foods. You'll be in the ground before I am."

"I see she still does not know how to take a joke, William?"

"I have been trying for more than 40 years, and she still bites, before she thinks."

"Doctor, the defibrillator is ready."

"William go back to your bed, and do not touch anything metal. The same goes for you Junior. Stand clear, and don't touch anything. Now Jemma, I'm ready to resuscitate you. All you must do is lift your head until you pass out. I'll be right by your side."

"Fuck you, Manolo, go to the hospital and chase after your illegal blonde."

"This hospital is driving me crazy. They just hired temporary help for the summer. I have yet to find out their names and their ages, but this summer is going to be quite interesting."