Deb and I Talk Periods and Spanking

Story Info
Mom starts conversing with her daughter: unexpected results.
2.9k words
4.32
2.9k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

[This story involves body functions and spanking. All characters are over 18. If you are offended by these topics, please do not read further.]

I was surprised when I happened to find a soiled maxipad in the trash container in our bathroom. The only person who could have placed it there was my 19-year-old daughter, Deborah. While I was pleased she hadn't thrown it in the toilet to be flushed away, and possibly to block the toilet, I started to wonder why she would be using pads when there are more comfortable and convenient methods of period protection available for girls and women these days.

I still wear tampons during my periods, although I suspect that I will be hitting menopause before too long. For most of my adult life, I've used Tampax slender regulars, as I found them easier to insert vaginally than other brands or styles. I've grown aware over time as to how long I can rely on these tampons to absorb my menstrual flow before leaking when they become too fully soaked.

My friends have been mentioning that they have been trying the new menstrual panties that have been appearing lately, especially on Internet sites like Facebook. I decided to ask Deborah why she was using pads rather than either tampons or the new period panties.

I expected that she might be annoyed that I would bring up such a personal matter as this with her. However, instead of berating me for interfering with her personal life when it isn't warranted, she grinned and said that all of her friends were limiting their reliance on tampons.

"We still don't think they are very good for us, because they sit in our vaginas absorbing the blood which may serve to transmit any of the toxic stuff in tampons into our bodies," Deborah responded quite plainly, without any defensiveness or annoyance. "As for the period panties, I really don't relish wearing panties where I will feel the wetness for any period of time, until, as they claim, the flow is absorbed into the layers ostensibly there to draw it away from the service and also diminish the odor, which no one wants to have emanating from their panty gusset during their period."

When we discussed this some more, Deborah admitted that when she was playing sports or swimming, she would definitely use a tampon.

"Mom," she told me, "I have a heavy flow on several of the days I'm having my period. So, when I need to wear a tampon for sports or swimming, I need to use quite a large absorbency one, like Super or even SuperPlus."

I sheepishly responded that my flow rarely required me to use anything more absorbent than a slender regular tampon.

"You are truly lucky, Mom," Deb remonstrated but with a smile. "We all have more than one heavy flow day during our periods. We even need to use the high absorbency pons then as well as a backup maxi in our panties. I think you would find that the pads today are probably a lot more comfy than when you were our age."

She then asked me if I wanted to come into the bathroom with her as she now needed to change her pad. "I'd like you to see what I mean," Deb told me.

When we got into the bathroom, Deb unbuttoned and unzipped her twill slacks and pulled down her very cute shiny white bikini panties. I noticed that my daughter did not shave her mons like I gather so many girls do these days. She had a nice, full bush of reddish pubic hair that matched the hair on her head, which she wore in a stylish coup savage.

She had a maxipad in the gusset of her panties, which was well-stained with her flow and had made dark red stains that covered much of the pad but had not leaked over the sides. As with most pads today this one had wings that Deb tucked over the sides and had pressed together underneath the pad. She undid the wings and pulled the pad off her panty gusset where it been affixed with the sticky side facing down.

I now noticed a white tampon string hanging out of her vaginal opening. "Today was a heavy day when I needed a backup," she informed me. Then she tugged the string so that it slid out of her vagina, and I could notice that it was thoroughly soaked and obviously, she had needed the maxipad to absorb all the flow that passed through or around the tampon.

"Are boys any more informed or considerate when you have your period now?" I decided to ask her, not knowing if she would snap back some annoyed response or let me in on how the sexes dealt with girls' periods today.

"Jack," she answered, referring to her current boyfriend, with whom she had been going out for more than a year, "has become very considerate of how I feel when I'm menstruating," she observed. "I'm not too embarrassed to discuss stuff like this if you aren't put out by it?"

I assured her that I was only thinking of how she would feel best during what I always have regarded as a problematic week each month.

"He and I are actually happy when I get my period," Deb confided. "First, even though I'm on the pill, it's nice to know I'm not pregnant. Second, and I'm not talking out of school, but I do hope you'll keep all this to yourself, and not tell any of your friends or anyone in our family, Jack and I really enjoy sex during my period. I'm incredibly horny and he actually likes the messiness that accompanies any sex we have when I'm on."

She grinned and asked me if my experience had been anything like hers.

I felt embarrassed when my daughter took up the subject of my sex life, which wasn't as good as it might be. My husband and I hadn't been having a lot of sex of late, and he had never been interested in doing it during my period. I also regarded it as messy then and wasn't especially turned on by the prospect of our engaging in intercourse.

"We've never been very interested in sex then," I answered her question. "I guess we're sort of old-fashioned, although I don't like the idea of being an old fogy even at my still vibrant age." I smiled as she had.

"Mom," she replied with a very warm tone, "I'm not here to cast aspersions about your sex life, but I guess I'm just trying to explain how different girls are today. We don't want to take those pills that limit your periods to a few times or less a year, because most of us eventually want to start families, and it seems that taking those pills might limit your fertility for a good deal of time after your stopped taking them. Going off the regular birth-control pill is quite common and hasn't shown any bad results, at least not yet."

I told her I truly appreciated her willingness to explain her feelings so directly to me. "I really feel that I've learned a lot from our conversation," I said heartily.

"Glad we spoke, Mom," Deb smiled. "I know this must be challenging for you because I bet from what you've said about her that Granny was not exactly forthcoming about any of this?"

"No, she wasn't," I responded. "She wasn't good about anything involving what went on 'down there,' which included both periods and sex. You'd think she had never had sex with my dad," I added. "Obviously, she had three children, and they didn't appear by immaculate conception so far as I know," I joked.

"Tell me what it was like for you," Deb asked.

"Well, when I first needed sanitary protection, as we used to call it, she outfitted me with a Kotex belt. I think you may have seen them--elastic that goes around your waist with two tabs that attach to the front and back of pads which were called sanitary napkins. You put the tabs on the napkins through the little clips on the belt and pulled it all up tight. However, it still moved, and you were constantly afraid that it would move so that you would stain your skirt. Having a big red stain on your bottom was not a nice thing. People didn't make fun of you directly because no one mentioned periods in public. Teachers, especially men, were usually freaked. Some women teachers were really nice about telling you to go to the girls' room."

"Tampons were still regarded as likely to lead to girls' virginity being questioned," I continued, "although many broke their hymens from sports activity, and rarely from insertion of a little tampon. I felt lucky that I didn't go to parochial school where the nuns would line up the girls in gym and physically inspect them you know where to make sure they weren't using tampons.

"I never got a sexual charge from inserting a tampon," I said lightly, "but maybe they did if they dared to use them, because they presumably didn't have any penetrative sex, or any other kind, although I'm sure they masturbated."

Deborah seemed amazed by my frankness in recalling all of this. "You also had to go usually to male gynecologists, didn't you?" she posited.

"Yes, and they varied a lot," I answered. "Some were very professional and just told us that everything seemed fine. It wasn't exactly delightful for this guy to be spreading open a speculum inside you, but, as I said, the one I went to was genuinely nice and never out of line. I don't think that was at all true generally. Many of them handled you rather roughly, I heard from some very close friends."

"Ew," Deb interjected. "I'd hate to lie there with my coochie wide open and some guy, even a doctor, staring at it and putting his fingers inside me. It makes me shudder to think about."

"We lived with it," I said calmly, "and I rejoiced when there was a nice woman gynecologist, I was able to go to when I was having children, too. I guess I don't know much about what your recent experience has been with your doctor, but although I still am not very happy about any doctor inserting anything in my rear, it's better when it's a woman doing it, I guess."

"Things can be a lot different now," Deb responded. "Jack and I are fairly frank about discussing all this stuff, and he admitted that he still felt funny when a woman doctor--yes, his primary care doc is female--puts her finger in his asshole to check his prostate. I suppose some of the tables have turned," she giggled.

"I'm not sure men ever were checked for prostate," I said. "They wouldn't have liked anyone putting a finger in there, and I suspect boys still are afraid of being regarded as gay if it happens to them, although it makes so much sense to have a prostate exam, just like we have Pap smears, where the doctor has her hand way up my vagina. It's sad, too, that there are few good ways to detect ovarian cancer early."

"Jack has told me that men never glance at a man's equipment, when they are peeing next to each other in the men's room," Deb reported. "If you were caught looking at another guy's cock, he'd think you were almost making a pass at him."

"I remember once on a trip that we stopped at a very basic diner in a rural area," I recalled for Deb. "When I went to use the ladies' room, there were two toilets, right next to each other, just like the latrines in the Army," I told her. "I had to go, so I sat on one and pulled down my panties and let my skirt cover me a little. A younger woman came in, plunked herself down on the toilet right next to me, pulled her pants and panties down, and let fly with a loud pee stream. She was totally unselfconscious about it and then proceeded to do Number Two right there. I suppose I had heard this in the next stall in restrooms before, but for it to happen right next to me was sort of wild. She finished and wiped herself hard all the way between her legs. Then she looked at me with a grin and just said, 'When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

"I've seen some amazing things go on in ladies' rooms around here," Deb noted.

I gazed at her with a questioning look on my face.

"Once, I was going into a stall to do my business," she recalled, "and there was a strong-looking woman sitting on the couch and she had another woman over her lap with her panties down. She was actually spanking her, and the woman being spanked was moaning: I wasn't sure if it was from pain caused by the spanking, or embarrassment--boy, I'd sure be embarrassed if that happened to me--or maybe the moaning was indicating that she was turned on by it. I concluded quickly that they were lesbians and that this was nothing very strange or unusual."

"When I was growing up," I told her, "girls who acted up, especially in a restaurant, would be taken in hand by their mothers to the ladies' room. It was quite common for mothers to sit on the couch there and have their misbehaving daughter over the lap with skirt up and panties down. Then the mother would give her a good, solid spanking. I never did that because it bothered me. But Granny always threatened us with that, although she didn't do it ever either."

"Was this done only with girls?" Deb asked.

"No, little boys were also taken to the ladies' room by their moms," I replied. "They were also embarrassed when women might come by and tell them that this is what should happen to bad little boys."

"You never did spank us, although I remember how angry you could get," Deb smiled.

"I didn't believe in it," I answered.

"I don't know if I've ever been spanked," Deb said. "Mom, would you take me across your lap and give me one just so I know what it's like?"

"If I spank you, Deb, it's going to hurt," I pronounced. "Are you sure you're ready for this? If I start, I will finish the spanking."

"Yes, I am," Deb said firmly.

I told her to stand, and I carefully lifted her skirt above her waist and used her belt to keep it up. Then I looked at her nice shiny white panties and gently pulled them down to just a little below her bottom cheeks. Deb had a nice bottom. I had her lie down over my skirted lap. Then I started spanking her, lightly but I upped the intensity and frequency of spanks.

Soon, she started groaning and began to cry out.

"Mom, this is starting to hurt," she whined. "I think I've had enough. Can you stop?"

"I told you I would keep spanking until I was finished," I said. I kept giving her hard spanks all over her now-red bottom.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" she cried out.

I finally stopped spanking her. Then I said, "Naughty girls get their temperature taken rectally, Deb. Stay still on my lap while I put the thermometer in."

"Do you have to do this?" she asked very upset.

"You wanted to know what a spanking was like," I rejoined. "This is part of it."

"I reached into the drawer of the side table next to the chair I was sitting on. I pulled out the thermometer, wiped it with the cloth in the drawer, and then opened the Vaseline jar there and dipped the tip into it before carefully pushing it into Deb's tight little anal opening.

"Ooh," she cried. "It's cold!"

"It'll get warmer," I advised her.

She kept moaning and probably realized how childish she looked with the thermometer sticking out of her bared red bottom.

After three minutes, I slipped the thermometer out of her anus and stared at it.

"You don't have a temperature, Deborah," I said rather formally, "but I'm surprised that the thermometer is dirty now."

Deb wailed, "This is so embarrassing, Mom. I hadn't realized ... that I needed to go to the bathroom."

I showed her the thermometer with the brown smudges on it. She winced in shame.

I chuckled and told her not to be upset. "If that happened when she spanked me, I would be put in diapers for the rest of the day and night."

"Oh, Mom," Deb now pleaded, "please don't do that! I'll be humiliated--please, I'll be good!"

"That's what all the girls say after a spanking," I told her. "But I'm going to let you off easier. I want you now to go to the corner"--to which I pointed--"and keep your panties down and skirt up while you press your nose in the corner. If you behave yourself, it won't be for long."

I admit that Deb--now a college girl of 19--did look silly standing bare-assed in the corner. It made me feel that I should've spanked her earlier.

When I told her she could come out of the corner and pull up her pants, Deb came over and kissed me.

'Thanks for spanking me, Mom," Deb said sweetly. "I think I needed it."

"Do you think you should be spanked from now on when you are naughty?" I asked her.

"Oh, that sounds like I'm some bad little girl," she answered, "but yes, Mom, it will hurt but I think t will be good for me."