Defending Myself

Story Info
Does she deserve a second chance?
9.2k words
3.74
19.6k
40
33
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimers: Yep, even with this being my 96th story, I still have to remind everyone that THIS STORY IS FICTIONAL!! I also have to remind everyone that any and all people engaged in sexy shit are eighteen years old, or older.

This story could be in several different categories. LW, Interracial, or Romance. Where it lands will be up to me and my wife.

If you are looking for wall to wall sex, please look elsewhere.

There just might be a character, or two from one of my previous stories.

You will find more than one situation where the title of this story comes into play.

WARNINGS: I might just happen to use one or more very derogatory words for people of certain races, that DO NOT represent my or my wife's true beliefs. These terms that I might use are uttered in anger by the hero of my little story. Be forewarned!

MORE WARNINGS: If I discuss matters of law, it's the law ACCORDING TO ME!!

I'm Mark Burns, a twenty-eight year old construction worker, who has barely survived a nearly five month long, brutal divorce, from my now ex-wife, Glenna. It took me that long, mainly because I couldn't afford a divorce lawyer, so I represented myself. Yes, I know the old saying, 'a man who defends himself has a fool for a client.'

During our eight year marriage, that for the most part was really good, despite our constant, early battle to pay bills, which started easing over the past year and a half, plus Glenna seemingly getting a new coworker. I did start getting a bit suspicious about her working longer hours. Smiling when she came home, with me knowing she hated her job. Or so she tried convincing me.

It's been just over an entire year, living on my own, oops, not on my own. I have primary custody of my daughter, Melissa, or Missy as I called her, who is now approaching her eighth birthday.

You will all read just how this came around. It wasn't easy, but I persevered.

Maybe, I should start at the beginning.

I was born and raised in the Eastern Washington city of Pasco. Located about two hundred and twenty-five miles southeast of Seattle, and one of the Tri-cities, an area now of about 300,000 people, of virtually every race you can imagine.

My parents, Chuck and Diane, were both hard working people, who never had a bad word to say about anyone. My older sister, Marcia, was the family member gifted with the brains, and became a school teacher.

I just happened to be gifted with the brawn. In high school, I played football, and wrestled. Weighing just over two hundred and ten pounds, and standing just over six feet tall, I was the starting middle linebacker three of my four years in high school.

It was on the wrestling mat where I seemed to shine. I happened to wrestle in the heavyweight class, and faced several other kids who weighed as much as two seventy-five, the maximum allowed.

I became very successful, using my speed, along with my strength to beat bigger opponents.

All through high school, I was used to seeing just how hard my parents worked. Dad, the head custodian, and mom, who worked in the same grade school, but in the cafeteria.

I hoped I could do better, and each summer I did odd jobs for a construction company, both learning a trade, and building not only some self esteem, but the necessary strength needed to compete in both sports.

As my sports career grew, my social life did, too. I was finding a few girls more than willing to date me, more than once. Both of my parents warned me about doing anything that couldn't be taken back.

I did heed their advice, by learning to keep it in my pants.

There was one girl, in particular, that piqued my interest. Glenna Thomas.

Let me describe her, if I may. She was in the same grade as I was from the second grade on. Where I was always into sports, she didn't know if a football was stuffed or pumped

We just seemed to hit it off. Even in grade school, where most boys and girls thought the opposite sex was gross, we were best friends.

By the time I was starting to excel in both football and wrestling, she began watching me compete. With my growing body, topping the two hundred pound mark in the eighth grade, and nearing six feet tall, I towered over her five feet two inch frame.

Even if she had rocks in her pockets, I didn't think she weighed much more than a hundred and five or ten pounds.

We were just very good friends. I helped her through some rough family times, as both her parents seemed to be a bit on the unfaithful side.

Glenna would tell me there were times that her dad would be gone from home for several days at a time for work, and her mom would have some 'company' keeping her bed warm at night.

I just didn't know how to respond when she would tell me about her cheating mother. To top that off, she finally told me that her dad had a girlfriend in several different cities he'd visit, too.

I had to stop and consider if this situation was worth getting involved.

Even though we did go to our Senior Prom together, we didn't spend the night together, but sat in her parent's living room, just talking about all of my concerns.

Yes, I did express some concern with both of her parents having several extra marital affairs, but she did try to reassure me that was them, not her.

We did still see each other, but our dating slowed way down. I just had to convince myself that her parent's cheating nature didn't carry over to her.

Was I being unreasonable? Not sure, but I was being very careful.

As I was completing six months at my construction job, and our dating started to pick up, again, we finally found ourselves in bed.

As usual, we were both naked, as we had been many times, but this time Glenna asked if I had a condom.

Wow! I was finally going to make love to my best friend. Friends since the second grade. Friends who shared family secrets. Well, her family, as mine was as transparent as a clean window.

As we started hugging and kissing, I quickly found her tiny, rock hard nipples, and instantly knew by her reaction, just how sensitive they were.

It didn't take more than a few minutes for her first orgasm hit like a ton of bricks.

I continued down her body, kissing the insides of both thighs, while I inhaled the aroma her pussy was emitting. Just as my tongue touched her very wet lower lips, her mouth engulfed my nearly eight very thick inches of manhood.

I just couldn't believe how she was inhaling my cock. Not quite every inch, but damn close. As I was drinking up her lovely sex juices, I exploded deep inside her mouth.

Panting like we had just completed one of the Ironman triathlons held in our area, we rolled onto our backs, and just stared at each other.

"I certainly hope you brought a condom, or two with you," she said with a mile wide grin.

Digging one out, we started kissing each other, with me paying very close attention to both her very erect nipples, as she applied the condom I'd found, in it's proper place.

Rolling me on my back, she proceeded to straddle me, impaling herself on my very hard manhood.

As we picked up our pace, with my hands massaging her very firm titties, her cries of passion rattled the windows of my small apartment.

After some more than necessary clean-up, we laid side by side, just staring at each other.

"Tell me truthfully, are you happy we finally did this, Mark?'

"More than happy. I also hope we can continue this, in the morning."

"Does that mean if I happen to wake up in the middle of the night, you don't want me to wake you?"

"To be determined, Glenna, to be determined."

As it turned out, we both slept like logs.

For the next six months we were virtually unseperable. If we weren't working, we were fucking. Or sucking. Or both.

Did my parents warn me that we were moving too fast? Yes.

Did they both warn me that we weren't financially prepared for married life? Yes, again.

Did I listen? No, and in the end, it nearly cost me everything. I was very, very lucky to come out of this period of my life, nearly unscathed. Bruised a bit, but none the worse for ware.

As we were finishing this six month period of constant sex, with me getting a bit ahead at the construction company I'd been working for, and Glenna starting as a cashier in a local sporting goods store, we decided to get married.

Were we doing the smart thing? Not really, but we were in love. Or, that's what we convinced ourselves.

One benefit we found being married, was the fact that my medical insurance paid for her to go on a reliable birth control method. No more condoms!! Yeah.

We soon found out that this method only worked when she remembered to take it. Duh!

Seven months after our wedding, she was at her doctor, finding out the consequence of forgetting to take her pill for a couple of days.

Were we upset? Just a little. We were struggling with the amount of money we were bringing in, plus the fact we needed more room, as our tiny apartment wasn't going to accommodate the three of us.

We did luck out, finding a house to rent that had more room, with the landlord lowering the rent, if I made a few repairs, thus easing some of our financial burden.

Now all we had to do is wait another six to seven months, to find out if we were having a boy or girl. Not that we cared, but wanted to be surprised.

As her tummy grew, our sex life did diminish, more than a little, and passing the eight month mark, she did have to stop working at her sporting goods store job.

Just as we both wondered if our child was hiding from us, early one Saturday morning, we were on our way to the hospital to meet our son/daughter.

After nearly two hours of labor, Melissa Ann Burns made her appearance. Eight pounds, two ounces, with just enough light brown hair to make her look just like her mommy's baby pictures.

My goodness, we were ecstatic. My parents and sister were waiting in the lobby to hear our great news.

When I called my in-laws, her mother, Nancy, thanked me for letting them know, but her husband, Glenn, was on the road for a few days.

I took this news to mean that Nancy had some company keeping her bed warm at night. I just had to stop and think about ever leaving our daughter with my mother-in-law, when Glenn was traveling.

It didn't take too long before we had our daily routine figured out. After a month, Glenna would work a shift at her sporting goods store, both weekend days, leaving me to care for our little treasure.

It allowed me to bond with our daughter, plus the extra money was welcomed. Even with me getting raises each year, we always seemed to be stretched, financially.

I wasn't complaining, but every now and then Glenna would comment about things she thought we couldn't afford. These were items I classed as luxury items, not necessities.

As Missy grew, and we found a reasonable day care, Glenna began working full time at the same sporting goods store. The extra money came in handy, and her complaints about her job slowed down.

Our sex life never really returned to pre-baby level, but we didn't deprive ourselves. We did, however, make the conscious decision to keep our family at the current number.

Yes, my wife was far more diligent with the making sure her birth control was accurate.

As our daughter was starting grade school, the cost of daycare was eased, way back. Along with a few raises at my job, I thought we were doing better.

Now, going into first grade, Glenna told me there was a new kid hired at her store. When she told me his name was DeJuan Burton, I had this stunned look on my face.

"What the hell is the best basketball player in all of Eastern Washington doing working at your sporting goods store?"

"I'm not sure, but he kind of implied the schoolwork in college was too tough."

I did some asking around at work, the next day, and a couple of the African-American guys I worked with gave me 'the rest of the story'.

It seems as if DeJuan got a full scholarship offer to Oregon State, but two weeks before classes were going to start, it was revoked. Reason unknown.

The next week, right before school was to start, the University of Wyoming made the same offer. A full ride.

This lasted just over a month, and he was asked to leave the Laramie, Wyoming campus.

I smelled a rat, and one of my coworkers told me he heard DeJuan had a drug problem, as well as thinking he was above attending classes.

I decided to do some checking on my own. First off, all of a sudden Glenna couldn't wait to get to work, plus the fact that our sex life started to slow down.

Shit, we'd only been married barely seven years, and I thought we were still in love as much as we ever were.

I knew this kid was a real physical specimen, standing about six feet five, and maybe weighed about two hundred and twenty pounds, and quite the reputation all through high school as someone who loved to party.

I decided to check this situation out for myself.

One Saturday afternoon, after dropping our daughter at my parent's house, I drove over to this store. I hated each scenario I had running through my head, but I needed proof, if something was not kosher.

Walking into the store, the first thing I noticed, or should I say, didn't notice was Glenna and DeJuan were nowhere to be seen.

One of the other employees, who knew who I was, told me that both of them were getting some extra merchandise from the back room, and I wasn't allowed back there.

I gave her a look that told her there was no way in Hell she could stop me from checking.

Walking back into the storeroom, I could hear noises, but not speaking sounds. What I heard was a deep male voice that was saying things like, "that's so good, baby, suck my big black dick." I could also hear what sounded like someone humming and slurping on something.

I turned a corner, and there was my wife of seven years, on her knees, with DeJuan's fairly erect cock in her mouth, and the front of her shirt up around her neck, exposing her braless tits.

When she saw me rounding the corner, she jumped up, and tugged at her shirt, trying to cover herself up.

I just glared at them both, and if looks could kill, they'd both would have been dead.

"Mark, please let me explain."

"I don't think there is anything to explain, but please DO NOT come home tonight.

"Where am I supposed to go?"

"How about going home with that piece of shit 'Nigger' you're sucking off?"

"What you calling me, boy?"

"I'm calling you exactly what you are, a drug addicted, worthless piece of shit!"

They both looked at me and noticed that I had my old Colt.357 Magnum revolver in my right hand.

When they saw my gun, both pairs of eyes nearly bugged out of their heads.

"Mark, don't do anything rash, please."

"Oh, so I should let you finish sucking him off, so he can cum in your mouth?"

I barely heard her whisper the answer I expected. No.

"Tell me boy, is it because my wife is white, or that she's married that had you in her mouth, and don't for a minute try telling me she is the only one to blame, here, I've talked with a few guys I work with about your reputation."

With his eyes still staring at my pistol, he couldn't even form any words to answer me.

Getting myself somewhat under control, I started backing away from this scene of debauchery.

"Don't even think about contacting our daughter, because until I'm forced by a judge, you will not have any unsupervised contact with her. Understand?"

As I turned around to leave, I did see her nod, and look around for her missing bra.

Way too late, you cheating bitch, I thought to myself.

I just kept hearing the 1974 hit song by Axe, titled, How Long. Indeed.

Telling my parents just the basics of her betrayal, I felt just a bit better having a safe haven for Missy.

I couldn't believe that the cheating cunt had me served before I had a chance to do the same to her

As I stated at the beginning of my story, I truly couldn't afford even a sleazy divorce lawyer, so I did enough studying to represent myself.

I couldn't believe what she started to ask for. She thought I'd continue paying the rent on our house, plus child support, plus alimony. Oh, yes, primary custody of our daughter.

As our first face to face meeting in front of a judge was coming to an end, her way too slick lawyer mentioned about counseling.

"Your honor, it would be a gross waist of money, due to the fact I'll never take her back, due to her cheating on me. I didn't do anything wrong, so, please don't order that."

Our Judge must have seen a bit of my side, by saying that we should sit together for one or two mediation sessions. I had learned of these in my preparation for this ordeal.

"Mr. Burns, I hope you two can find out the truth about this unpleasantness in these sessions," the Judge said.

"Your Honor, I'm going to paraphrase the famous criminal defense attorney, Gerry Spence, now 95 years old, who never lost a case, when questioned by Tom Brokaw, of NBC news, before the OJ Simpson muder trial in 1994 or 1995. Brokaw said to Spence, "when this trial starts we will learn the truth." Spence's reply was, "the last thing any criminal defense attorney wants to come out in a courtroom is the truth." So, Your Honor, I'm not terribly hopeful."

Mediation was done with a current or former judge, who would listen to both sides and make recommendations.

I finally agreed, and had our first session scheduled the following week.

At least I had our daughter living with my sister, safely away from all this shit. I was aware that the mediator would want to talk with her, one on one, after our sessions.

First mediation session.

"Mr. and Mrs. Burns, I'm Jorge Gonzalez, a retired law professor from Gonzaga Law School."

"I've been told just some of the basics of your divorce petition, Mrs. Burns, but I want to hear from both of you, before I make any recommendations."

"If I may, Mr. Gonzalez, I had been suspecting my wife of some possible infidelity for a while, so I went to her place of work, and found her and DeJuan Burton in the storeroom in a very compromising position."

"Please, elaborate."

"She was sucking his cock. Pardon my bluntness."

"No problem. Mrs. Burns, is that a true statement, he made?"

"Um, sort of."

"Mrs. Burns, its either true or false, which is it?"

"True, but, but, its not like I planned it that way."

"Did he force himself on you?"

"Not exactly."

"OK, both of you. I'm only going to say this once. This process will only work if you are both honest with me, and each other. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir."

Glenna just nodded her agreement.

"Mrs. Burns, did he or did he not force himself on you?"

"No, it was consensual, I guess. We just got carried away."

"And did you think about what you were doing as cheating?"

"Um, not at first. I guess I was just curious, with him being black, and all."

"Now, Mr. Burns, did you use a derogatory term for black people, and did you have a weapon with you?"

"Yes sir, to both questions. You can ask any of the people I work with who are black and Hispanic, that I never use any terms like that with any of them. It was just seeing him with his dick in her mouth. As for my gun, it took all the control I could muster not to shoot both of them. I just couldn't leave our daughter without both her parents."

"This has been a good start. For our next meeting in a week, I want you both to write down what you are expecting from this, and how you both will proceed."

The following week, I was prepared to continue, but I was going to let Mr. Gonzalez and my soon to be ex-wife know this was getting us nowhere. I was well aware of that piece of shit, Burton living in our rental house with her, with having my family helping to keep Missy away from this shit storm.

I was sitting in the same room we met in the previous week, by myself, when Mr. Gonzalez walked in and started talking.