Deidre's Faerie Tale Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Your highness," Trilla began in a dulcet tone.

"Don't start it Trilla. This was my paternal grandmother's ring that my father buried in the back yard for me to find. I haven't taken it off since I was twelve. It's not going to happen."

Trilla nodded. "As you wish."

I was led to the front steps of the castle, where Lady Ilyn waited, smiling. She looked as elegant as ever, especially wearing the crown that looked like clusters of large leaves going around her head. I was so busy being fussed over that I didn't realize the entire village was gathered in front of us until a deafening roar erupted. I gazed into the cheering crowd and froze. I had forgotten all about the fact that Trilla had given the village an open invitation to witness me take the crown.

Tolem appeared beside me and steered me to stand beside my step-mother. She continued to smile at me, slipped her fingers through mine and pulled me down as she sunk onto her knees. I hadn't even noticed the two blue velvet pillows waiting for us.

The Seer stepped forward to stand behind us and started the ceremony. The entire crowd was silent as her faint voice wafted from behind us all the way to the last row. She spoke of the royal family, especially my father. She spoke of how proud he'd be that I was accepting him and his people as well as my own responsibility. I thought for sure she was just trying to make me cry, but I fought back the tears and that empty feeling I'd gotten by the river the day before. When the speech was over, Lady Ilyn gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"We usher in a new era," the Seer said. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her pale hands lifting the slender braided silver and gold crown of leaves from Lady Ilyn's blonde head. I didn't realize I'd been holding my breath until it came out in a whoosh when the Seer placed the crown on my head. "Long live her majesty; Queen Deidre Ellette St. Germaine of Ellyrinia."

Everyone in front of the castle went down on their knees and I fought the urge to laugh at the absurdity of it all. Lady Ilyn let my hand slip from hers and leaned over to whisper to me. "Stand up, dear."

I obeyed standing and turning around to look at the others around me. The Seer, Tolem, Lady Ilyn, absolutely everyone was on their knees, head down. Except one. On the fringe of the crowd, someone still stood. Lyrik's blonde hair blew in the gentle breeze. The look of pure hatred on her face made me wince.

I was finally queen and I already had an enemy.