Detour

Story Info
It was good to see you again.
1.1k words
4.38
3.8k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We had decided to keep it platonic when I'd taken the job on the other side of the country two years ago. That a long-distance relationship would be too stressful on us both.

But I had lied.

I had agreed because it was what you said you wanted. Who was I to argue when I would do anything to please you? To make sure you were happy? I loved you too much to persuade you into a committed relationship but force us to be apart. So I lied to protect you and left. Even though it broke my heart.

I also kind of lied about why I was in town.

Yes, I was heading east for a work assignment. But stopping to see you wasn't a quick pitstop like I'd said when I called yesterday. Already only a state away. I had purposefully scheduled in a detour for the whole weekend with one hope in mind: that you'd be available to meet up for a meal.

I'd lucked out.

My astute planning had failed to book a hotel room, though. Or maybe that was my subconscious having wishful thinking. As I parked the car, I told myself I could always get a room after dinner. Because I wouldn't impose on you. I just wanted to see you. A couple of hours would suffice. To just get a fix. If you wanted more, I'd gladly oblige. I wouldn't press, though.

But all throughout dinner, I couldn't help noticing.

How your eyes would shine and you'd get a soft smile on your face whenever we spoke of the good times we'd had together. Or how your gaze dipped down and you worried your lip whenever I mentioned my new life out west. But especially your laugh, which still gave me goosebumps, when we joked about even the most ridiculous things.

Just being in your presence made my chest ache with longing to hold you again. The hug we'd shared by the register hadn't been enough. Then we'd been seated. You'd played with the silverware and napkin while we waited for our food to arrive. You were right there, across from me. I could reach out and take your hand. So close yet so far away. Somehow, I resisted.

My focus shifted to watching you eat. Tracing your face. Drinking in everything I could about you to store it up in case there wasn't a next time.

Too soon, the meal was over. I was paying and holding the door open for you. It had rained while we were inside. Puddles littered the lot, reflecting the lights positioned among the few rows of parking spaces. The crunching of gravel underfoot and the damp air seemed to drag me back to reality. I knew we'd hug, say our farewells but never "goodbye," and go on our way. Still lying to each other about how we really felt to save the other's feelings. At least for me.

You had said you were single. That your job kept you busy now, though you did have a bit of a social life. You were smiling when you said it, but I knew it was a façade. I could see it in your eyes. I could always read you well. You weren't happy, and I didn't know how to fix it.

We'd avoided talking about reviving anything between us. Most likely out of fear of the unknown. I would have jumped at the chance if you'd said you were willing to try.

I had vowed I would wait for you to ask me to come over. Even just to chat. But the closer we got to your car and you'd still not offered, the more my hope was fleeting. Especially when you stopped and turned back to me with a sad smile.

Those lips drew my attention. They always had. Always would. I loved kissing you, whether it was a short peck or a longer embrace accompanied by our arms around each other. Even a light kiss to the forehead or the top of your head when we were being "domesticated" together. Those memories made the corner of my mouth twitch up.

You had once told me if we ever got to see each other again, that you'd allow a hug. A kiss or two. Now, here we were. Standing face to face but not speaking a word. It took all I had not to pull you close and claim your mouth. I still remembered how you felt against my lips. How you tasted. I could be strong. I wouldn't do it without your consent.

All night, you'd kept your eyes from lingering on mine. They'd meet but then drift away. Being polite but also shy. It was endearing.

But as they lifted and held mine there in the dull glow of the street light, my breath caught. My willpower faltered. I felt myself taking a small step forward.

You just continued to watch me, though you cocked your head.

When I took another step, you stepped backwards. And again. But you never looked away. Not even when I licked my lips.

You mimicking me made me smirk. That little tongue darting out, wetting your soft mouth. Mmm. I'd never forget what all you'd done with both. The nights we'd stayed up pleasuring each other and drifting off to sleep in each other's arms.

On my next step forward, you retreated once more but halted with a gasp as you ran into the side of your car. Still, you kept eye contact. So mesmerized by something you saw.

It took two more steps to close the distance, finally bringing my body up against yours. The connection between us sparked to life. It felt as though we'd never parted. The warmth of your body was palpable through our clothes. I wanted to touch you so badly. But not yet.

You gulped noticeably, arms shaking at your sides.

The thought of you trapped between the car and me, like prey, woke a hibernating beast. I barely resisted the urge to growl.

I knew your heart was pounding when I heard your own breath quicken. When your shoulders rose and fell faster. Your eyes were glossy. Dilated. Someone was aroused. Someone other than me.

My own breath shuddered when I reached up and brushed a lock of hair from your face, tucking it behind your ear. I let my fingers linger, grazing down from your temple across your cheekbone.

Your whole body trembled under my touch. But your eyes remained focused. Or they appeared to be so.

Ceasing my fingers' descent under your chin, I leaned in and paused. My lips so close that I could feel the soft whisper of your exhales. The heat. Luring me in. Knowing you could feel my breath as well. Relishing the next few moments of keeping you in suspense.

At your next ragged inhale that sounded much like a whimper, I simply said, "Kiss me."

~ H