Diary Of A Hijabi Slut Ch. 03

Story Info
Somali gal's Haitian Muslim boyfriend reveals himself.
1.5k words
1.67
7.6k
1

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 06/17/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,120 Followers

As Salam Alaikum, my people. The name is Steve "Suleiman" Fleur, and I'm a big and tall young black man of Haitian descent living in the City of Hull, Quebec. I'm an accounting student at the Hull campus of the University of Quebec, and lately, life has been throwing a lot of hurdles my way. No bed of roses, that's for damn sure. Might as well tell you about it. I hear that confession is good for the soul.

I was born in the City of Cap-Haitien, northern Haiti, and raised in Quebec. My parents Louis and Marie Jeanne Fleur moved to Quebec from the island of Haiti in the 1990s. We've been living here ever since. I recently converted to Islam, which stunned my Haitian family since I was raised Christian. Folks, God is not a white man. Also, the real Jesus Christ was a middle-eastern Jewish man, not the Aryan that European art and propaganda made him out to be. Christianity has been white-washed, and honestly, it's weakened the black community.

I meet a lot of black folks who want to fight for their rights and defy white racism. How can you fight white racism when you kneel before the white male image in your churches? Sounds counter productive if you ask me. I became interested in Islam after meeting some Somali guys at school. One of them, a tall and skinny graduate student named Abdirahman, took a liking to me and we became friends. Abdirahman taught me about Islam, and about myself.

Look, I am not deluding myself. I know about Arab racism and how black folks, including Muslims, are treated in places like the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Qatar. I know that even though there's supposed to be racial equality in Islam, lots of those same Arab men who marry African women would never let their Arab sisters marry African men. Double standard if you ask me but that's cultural racism rather than Islam.

There is a big difference between Islam as a religion and Arab culture. It's hard to separate the two at times but Islam is for men and women of all colors, and not just Arabs. The Arabs might be racists but the Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him, respected Africans who came over to Islam, and considered them his equals before Allah, the one true God. That's true Islam. Hope my explanation was sufficient.

The more I learned about the Islamic faith, the more fascinated I became. You see, in the Haitian church where I was raised, I always found it odd that God was considered an old white man in the sky while the Devil was a black guy with horns, a furry body and cloven hooves. What the hell? Good is considered white and black is considered evil. As a black man, that stung me to the depths of my soul. Christianity wasn't for me.

My fellow Haitians, sons and daughters of Africans who were the first to overthrow white oppression, continue to be mentally enslaved. Every weekend they bow down before the white male image. What Europeans told them God is. Doesn't make sense to me. Also, I've met middle-eastern Jews from places like Morocco and Syria. Those guys look like Arabs. Jesus Christ probably looked like them. He wasn't a white guy. Europeans hijacked and white-washed Christianity and used it to mentally enslave black folks.

In Islam, no race is elevated above the others. It is true that the Prophet Mohammed came from the Arab world, and the Koran was first written in Arabic but the Word of God says that men of all races are equal in Islam. An Arab guy isn't better than an African guy or better than a white guy. All Muslims regardless of color are equal. Of course, there's a lot of racist dudes found in predominantly Muslim parts of the Old World like Bosnia, Saudi Arabia, Kosovo, Kuwait and Chechnya, but they're wrong. Dead wrong. The holy book itself repudiates racism. Read it and weep.

In Christianity, the white race is exalted while all others are kept down. God is a white man. Jesus Christ is a blond-haired and blue-eyed Aryan. In every movie shown about the life of Christ, they use white actors to portray him instead of a brown-skinned, dark-haired middle-easterner. I think Europeans would reject Christianity wholesale if the Savior, as they call Jesus Christ, was revealed to be someone who doesn't look like them. The white man can keep his religion. My people have suffered from it long enough.

As a Haitian-Canadian Muslim man, and a proud and strong brother, I only bow down before Allah, the one true God. Allah is not a white guy. Allah is not Aryan. Allah is not male or female, pale or dark, old or young. God is eternal, everlasting and all-powerful, and He is not a material being. As a Muslim, I acknowledge the oneness of God, and follow the teachings of our Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him. I bow down before God, whom we Muslims call Allah, not before Arab culture, or anything man-made.

Now, as much as I love my new Islamic faith, I find many of the cultural mores woven into it to be ridiculous. Women in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia can't drive or leave the house without a male chaperone. Women in the predominantly Muslim nation of Turkey can be police officers, airplane pilots, soldiers and politicians. See the vast difference?

Culture is important, folks. A Turkish policewoman and a Saudi Arabian housewife are both Muslims. Same Islamic faith but vastly different cultures. I'm a Muslim man but I'm not an Arab. I love dogs. They're man's best friends. I have Christian friends and Jewish friends. I have no problem wishing you a wonderful Christmas or a happy Hanukkah. God is simply limitless, and we should all bow before His greatness.

Oh, and just in case you're wondering, I don't hate the State of Israel. I pray for peace between Palestinian Arabs and Israeli Jews. I don't hate gay people. I don't go around telling women what to wear. I don't believe in female genital mutilation. Hell, I don't believe in circumcision, period. I am a Sunni Muslim but I don't go around hassling Muslims from other sects. Leave the Shiites alone. I simply pray to Allah and live my life.

I am focusing on my accounting studies at the University of Quebec, and life has been lonely for me lately. A while ago, shortly before I began my journey into Islam, this tall and beautiful Haitian sister named Esther Jean, whom I liked, dumped me out of the blue. The gal wouldn't return my calls. Apparently, I wasn't a good enough Christian man for her. Simply because I dared question our Pastor's habit of displaying a picture of an Aryan-looking Jesus on the big screen during our church ceremonies.

Folks, I loved Jesus when I was a Christian and now that I am Muslim, I continue to love him. All Muslims love Jesus. We simply reject the lies told about him. The lie that irks me the most? The myth of Aryan-looking Jesus. Please, go to the Middle East and visit any country. From Morocco to Palestine, from Saudi Arabia to Syria. See for yourself.

There's a real shortage of Thor-looking dudes down there. Plenty of brown-hued, black-hued and bronze-skinned people, though. As a Middle-Eastern Jew, Jesus lived and preached among such people. He wouldn't hate us people of color the way Aryans living in North America and Europe instinctively seem to hate us. The Europeans can have their Aryan-looking Jesus. I love and respect Isa Al Masih, the Arabic name for Jesus Christ. Thank you very much.

Yeah, as you can see, my evolving beliefs about God put me at odds with the Haitian church, and with Esther Jean and our Pastor. I was given the cold shoulder for questioning the Eurocentric ways of the Black church. I stopped going, and eventually got the nerve to ask my Muslim friends for a Koran. I started reading it, discovered many truths, and now, I am Muslim. I am still a Haitian man. Haitian War of Independence heroes like Jean Jacques Dessalines and Toussaint Louverture are still my heroes.

I'd be lying if I say I don't miss the Haitian church. I miss my old friends. I don't miss watching them bowing before the white male image. That I will never miss. I am glad to be a Muslim. Still, I feel lonely. My Haitian family all but shunned me. I feel all alone in the world. I work at Wal-Mart as overnight security to pay the bills. I don't meet a lot of people. I felt doomed to everlasting loneliness, until I met Manal Ali, the tall and beautiful Somali Muslim sister who changed everything. Insha'Allah, this woman rocks my world. I met her at school and sparks flew between us. Manal and I are now dating. Wish us luck!

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,120 Followers