Dreams of Him

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Katie, I'm so sorry, ... I didn't realize I'd left my phone paired to Frank's speaker. I have the same model and ... it didn't occur to me ..." he stammered. I silenced him with a wave of my hand.

"Hand me that towel," I barked at him. He jumped to do what I asked. The man looked mortified.

"I'm so sorry Katie," he said sheepishly.

I glared at him as I wrapped the towel around myself. I stepped out of the tub, and he held his hand out to help me. I ignored it. "Enough. What's done is done. We will never speak of what has just happened and you will never speak of what you may have just seen. This never happened. Do I make myself fucking clear, young man?"

The relief on his face was palpable. He nodded enthusiastically. "I know it was wrong to watch you but ..."

"Not another fucking word, young man or you will regret it. Good. Night," I growled, and he turned despondently into the house. I collapsed back onto the edge of the tub with my face in the towel.

***

April 17th

Their June 1st wedding day is approaching, and we've been seeing Emily and Caleb even more. He and I can keep things easy when we're around the rest of the family, but things are tense when we meet each other accidentally in the hall or garage. It's clear he still wants to discuss that evening, but I'm not having it. It never happened. I had been hoping they would, but the dreams haven't stopped. God, will they ever stop?

And now Emily tells me that they are going to try to move home after the wedding to try and be closer to the family. God, what am I going to do?

***

Epilogue

Emily walked into her mother's room and smiled at how it looked the same as it had when she was a child. She had so many fond memories of lying on her parent's big bed, watching TV with them on rainy weekends. Or dressing for her prom, using her mother's big mirror. In a few days, she would be dressing in here for her wedding, which they were holding in her parent's lovely yard. She'd never even considered marrying anywhere else; she loved her childhood home that much. Besides, the money they would save by keeping the wedding small would help them with a down payment on a house here locally.

She looked down at her chapped hands and then over at her mother's nightstand. She remembered where her mother kept the best lotion. She opened the nightstand drawer and smiled. Lying in it was her mother's old diary.

It was a pink Scooby Doo Trapper Keeper notebook, festooned with sparkly unicorn stickers and the name Tommy surrounded by a big red heart, which had then been scratched out with a black marker.

Emily had found her mother's diary when she was a teenager and it had been such a gift. It had helped her realize that all the teenage crap she was going through at the time was nearly universal. No one was immune to the trials and tribulations of adolescence. She learned that her mother had lived through it and thus, so would she. She hadn't felt alone anymore and felt even closer to her mother.

She opened the worn-out Velcro latch and opened the binder as she sat on the side of the bed. The same yellowed pages she remembered greeted her and she smiled.

She flipped through a few pages, seeing her mother's doodles and drawings in the margins, and then ... she noticed that there were new white pages in the back of the binder. She flipped to the first of the new pages and saw the recent date of the entry. She half closed the book, knowing she was no longer a girl needing comfort and to read anything would be a very serious breach of her mother's privacy. But what could Mom be going through, that she would want to write in her diary again? God, what if something was wrong with her!? What if she was sick!? She stared down at the notebook ...

************

Author's note.

I think that this site is full of stories of people succumbing to their base desires. Giving into their lustful natures without a care. I decided to do a story where that didn't happen. Where a person of integrity channeled her desires into something positive with her husband. I like Katie quite a lot and I think she will be just fine. I had fun with the story. I hope you did too.