Entity Nest Ep. 011: DEAD GIVEAWAY

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll be right outside Izzy. I'll go to the hospital too. Don't you dare die on me."

"K!" She huffed then drifted out of consciousness. Oxygen applied and a morphine drip hooked up the EMT's checked vitals then placed her on a rolling cot. Within minutes she was covered up and carried out to their awaiting ambulance.

"Care to explain how the girl called you?"

"Well, technically I called her first to check on her. The last few days has been hectic at home, so I hadn't called before today. Someone else answered, a man I could tell. Heavy breathing! I did hear Izzy whimpering incoherently begging for help. The male hung up, so I called it back, more of the same. I figure I spooked the guy." Of course she did by revealing the name Vienna. With the name written on the mirror it clenched it for Erin that she was on to something.

"So, you're conflicting your story."

"Excuse me? I was stressed out by her safety. I'm not perfect here Officer Dare."

"I get it. Just doing my job. That your dog?"

"Yeah! Scooby Boo!"

"He's doing an awful lot of sniffing around. He trained?"

"Yeah! Actually he is. I'm ex-military. I trained him to be an attack dog and a bomb sniffer." Lies! With her father's human like traits shining through the Dane she needed to cover tracks, "He might be picking up Izzy's assailant. He does seem to be drawn to that room."

"Barney's checking it out. I should back him up. Stay with Dreyfus until we get more people on this, department is shorthanded, so we have other towns backing us up. Like Barney there, he's from Hershal about thirty minutes North, he was sent over to help us today. I noticed Dreyfus had a second gun in his belt. I presume yours. 9MM! Army issue?"

"You're good! Yes, he took it from me because I brought it as protection. I do have a permit in my purse."

"We'll get it back to you."

Kicking open the room door Barney Dean Hollister dropped his jaw as the stench made him cover his mouth and nose. Even Scooby Boo looked disturbed backing out with a tormented whimper of shock. Angela wincing at them took off in a sprint down the outside corridor. Looking in for herself Angela vomited on the spot, hurling over the rail down into the lot below. Erin had to look so bolted after Angela but made it look as if she were restraining her dog. Peering in she found the walls covered in blood and writing in what appeared as Latin. "Shit! Who is this guy? The devil himself?"

"Good guess." Barney choked. "Take your dog and go."

"Right! Sorry he was in your way."

"He wasn't! His pawing at the door alerted me to investigate. Smart pooch."

"That he is." She patted her father on the head. "Go to the Rover, Rover." She told the dog, he walking off and down the steps. Hopping up into the Land Rover, her door left open upon arrival. "Where exactly is the hospital here in Belltower?"

"It's not in Belltower. It's in Melas!"

"Salem backwards."

"Yeah! I never connected that before now." Barney fidgeted, "You know where that's at?"

"Massachusetts! Salem that is."

"North Carolina too. Heck every state has a Salem."

"True. Yeah, I've been through Melas. Thanks Barn."

"Welcome! Drive safe. I'll say a prayer for the girl."

"Appreciated!" She turned to check on Angela, the woman's face pale. "I thought you were tougher than this."

"Usually! That's an awful lot of blood though."

"Uhh? Ang? We have dead goats in here." Barney called out.

"Yep! Devil worshippers! Dreyfus mentioned it back in the room. I'm out before I start puking too. Drop by and see me sometime. I bought the old Souillon House."

"You are crazy. That place is haunted."

"I know! They're friendly though." Erin smiled. "So am I. I'll go call Eerie, he's probably on his way there now."

"He bringing Elijah?"

"Elijah?"

"His son. He got stuck with him today. His ex-wife dropped him off at the station earlier when he was clocking out. Appears she had a date too. Good for her I say. Nice lady Bam."

"I wasn't aware Eric had a son. Still learning though."

"Elijah is ten. Awesome kid. Just to let you know... the boy is blind. Birth defect!"

"That's a shame. Not that it would turn me away from being Eric's friend. Thanks for the head's up. I'll leave you to your job. Off to Melas! Find this bastard... please! Start with the manager, Izzy was terrified of his glances at her. I guess we should have heeded that worry."

"Right! Let me sort this out and I'll drive her brother Rico to Melas, myself."

"Thanks! I'm sure having him near will give her reason to live. I'll let this Rico use my phone to tell their father."

"On it! You look... confident. I can tell you were in the military. Looking for work?"

"I am. Any good tips?"

"Police Department could use another good officer. Your dog might even be an asset."

"That is something to consider." A warm smile Erin walked off in thought. "If I took that job, I could investigate this more from the inside. One thing at a time. I need to protect Izzy for now. If she comes through this, I'll move her out to my house where the boys can help protect her. Rico too if he needs a place after he gets out. Izzy said he had 45 days left so that puts him at 40 days since she told me that. Maybe with her in the hospital they'll grant him early release. I could request he be put in my care for the remainder, to help look after Izzy. If the cops don't find this sicko there's always a chance he might attack again. At least out there with me, the killer is in for a world of hurt." Stopping at 3C to find Dreyfus, now with two other officers and a forensics specialist she whistled at him. Dreyfus split away from everyone then gave Erin her gun back.

"Keep it on safety."

"Thanks Dreyfus. Angela said there was an opening on the force. Could you handle me if I applied?" Lowering his eyes at her hemline he smirked. "I'll take that as a yes. We'll see." Turning away she noticed him watching her all the way to the stairs. Stares too!

Reaching her Land Rover, Erin climbed in and looked over at Scooby Ben. "Good job dad! How do you feel about joining the police force? I might!"

Ben tilted his head and woofed once. That actually sounded fun, he used to love watching all of the NCIS shows when he was alive. Magnum PI too!

"Crazy I know. It would give you purpose though. Being a ghost and still useful. Ready to come out of retirement?" Paw lifted it was as if he was fist bumping her. Tap! Tap! "Let's go to Melas. You can guard my car while I'm in the hospital. I'll leave it running with the air on for you."

Deal!

********

Back at Souillon House...

"There's Erin." A fully dressed Kyra Whimsey had gone back outside to sit with Brimley after another pampering by the boys. The second possession didn't leave her quite as loopy, so Lester and Timothy helped her upstairs long enough to look presentable. Now back on the porch, cell in hand she answered it. "I can't believe you left me."

"Sorry! Listen I'm heading to the town of Melas. I found Isabel alive and being taken to the hospital over there. The attacker is still at large. Not that he knows where I live or anything but keep the boys close by and on guard for any strangers. I haven't called Eerie so he might be on his way there. I'll let you meet him and fill him in on my whereabouts. I'll send you that artist's sketch to warn you if for any insane reason that guy shows up looking for a place to hide. My place is right up this sick bastard's alley. He killed goats and smeared blood all over a hotel room. Dad sniffed it out for the cops to alert them. I was offered a job on the force in Belltower. I think I'll take it. If there's room for you, I'll try and get you on too. Matter of fact run that by Eerie, he might have pull."

"Okay! I... SUV coming up the road now." Kyra stood up. Lester and Tim walking right beside her. Looking at gloves floating in the air she swatted at them. "Gloves off before they see you." Off they went and tossed aside. Good thing Timothy had unwrapped himself earlier in the house. "I see the driver... Ohhh, girl! He is a hottie! Ummm? I see a head in the passenger seat."

"He had to bring his ten year old son Elijah. Heads up the boy is blind."

"Got it! I'll entertain them. Should I still cookout for them or send him your way?"

"I feel safer with him there to watch over you. Just keep the boys from being... boys."

"Uh huh! Timothy? Go warn your brothers to behave and maybe go upstairs while our visitors are here. Let's not take any chances of freaking them out. Lester you can stay by me and Brimley here. Just stay quiet please." Thumbs up until he realized he wasn't wearing a glove. A pat on her shoulder was enough to convince her he was by her side. Cotton was at her feet awaiting the arrival of the Barker boys.

"I'll call you later. Have fun flirting." Erin hung up.

"Not a problem."

Pulling in by Kyra's own SUV, Eerie shut his Cherokee off. Window down, he looked over at Kyra and whistled under his breath. She had a hunch he was interested right off, shades over his eyes or not.

"Officer Barker, I presume?" Kyra waved.

"That would be me. You must be Erin's friend Kyra."

"And that would be me. Who's your co-pilot?" She stepped right up to the window and waved at the boy. Shy even if he could see her he grew antsy in his seat. Seatbelt undone he moved to cling to his father's arm for comfort.

"You can say hi to the pretty lady. Introduce yourself boy."

"Hi! Elijah Thomas Barker at your service." A hand extended over his dad's sturdy chest. Reaching in Kyra shook his hand. "You're wearing hair extensions."

"Very observant Elijah."

"I'm blind. Not dumb. I have good ears. Hi Lester."

Eyes bulging Kyra looked at Eerie with awe.

"Who be Lester?" His dad winced.

"The ghost next to her. He said his name was Lester."

"Oh my! Such an imagination. Ghosts! Pfft!" She tried to pull it off that he had an imaginary friend.

"Don't mock me woman. I know what I hear." So much for shyness.

"You best apologize before I whoop that ass." Eerie scowled.

"Sorry Ma'am!"

"It's Kyra. Before you get out, I should let you know, Erin is gone. Your fellow officers can explain. She called a girl she befriended in Belltower and grew concerned so raced in to check on her. It was very bad I hear. She went with her friend to the hospital in Melas."

"I hope everything is alright."

"She just called to tell me that it's up to you if you want to come to Melas or accept a raincheck. I mean... I'm still here, I can make dinner."

"I am mighty hungry."

"He's always hungry."

"Little man you're on borrowed time for my belt."

"Your pants would fall down."

A glance at Kyra's sheepish blush, Eerie just knew she was all for that.

"Dinner it is."

"I'll take my steak pink, like your face."

Elijah had spoken.

"Rare it is!" That she had ever met such an arrogant young man.

"Only thing raw is gonna be your ass."

Kyra was fine with that.

Oh! Eerie meant that for Eli.

____________________________________________

Writer's Note: This series will release weekly through June and July. Get ready to have nightmares, sexy ones but still nightmares. This chapter begins June. Here is what to expect.

June: Chapters...

12: tRAuMa TIES

13: LIGHT BehIND YOU

14: HUNG BUCK

15: DOLLFACE

July: 16: sWITCHING HOUR

17: doUBle HElix

18: MUMbo JUMBO

19: BLOOD HOUND

20: KETTLE BLACK

It will go back to 1 chapter a month in August. I have written up through Chapter 35, so there's plenty to look forward to. Enjoy!

Zen

12