Erotica 102

Story Info
My thoughts about writing erotica.
885 words
4.6
5k
2

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/10/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Someone asked if there would be a sequel to "When did you start shaving?" There will not be, but the question suggested explaining my attitude about writing stories here. I have to apologize for this not having been approved immediately; it was too short. I have added some additional thoughts on the subject. I hope you find this interesting, that you maybe appreciate authors' efforts, not just mine.

I start with a vague idea of what will develop and the background for one character – or maybe two (e.g., siblings) or three, if they all are immediately present at the start. I know, of course, what they are eventually going to do, but when I begin writing, I don't have it all planned out. The situation is there, where and why they are together, but their individual characters only develop as I write.

That is what I find fun. Often a person in a story turns out to be different from how I first envisioned him or her when I started. In this story, Chris and I were originally expecting that Chris's roommate Pat would not be so forward. Of course, eventually in the context of stories here they were going to, but when I started writing I was thinking she would be more reticent. She told Chris and me otherwise. I didn't really plan it; just writing how the scene and conversations went led me there. That is fun, just spinning out a tale.

Writing about the sex is a pleasant challenge. The first time they do it in any story, they can delightedly discover more about each other; the characters that have evolved come into play. After that, however, it gets repetitive, the challenge of making it different and arousing. There is also the challenge of keeping them in character. Does she always moan and whimper? Does she always start to laugh after her orgasm? Should her thighs always quiver, or do her hips always rise of the bed every time his tongue gives her an orgasm? How to keep that from sounding just like the previous time he did? Of course, she is delighted every time he comes in her mouth, but the same question.

If three or four persons are involved, that provides variety. What all can three of four do: different positions, different responses to what another person does? Do they remain in character, or does a character surprisingly respond differently when aroused by a new partner? It is a challenge.

It is a challenge to make orgasms seem inevitable and believable. As an author, I have more fun with the freedom of letting the story develop, the characters of the persons reveal themselves. I don't think any of mine have been left by the wayside because they weren't interested in sex.

Literotica must be the only place where everyone waits until they are eighteen to discover sex, even just discover their own bodies. We all have to except why that has to be. I have unintentionally tested the limits. For example, one may not describe a younger girl's appreciating the view of herself in a mirror, not with any details to let a reader enjoy what she is seeing. Will it be acceptable in a story now in the works for a character to tell that she went skinny dipping with her cousin, but with no descriptions? I'll find out; readers who like my stories also will. (Skinny dipping is how it starts between them. If they didn't before, that got censored.)

A perhaps a less obvious challenge is how to keep different stories with the same theme from immediately seeming too similar, e.g., siblings, two girls. Sooner or later, of course, they all are going to do whatever they want, but till then how they meet, their background, what experience they already have – or don't have – has to be new and interesting, interesting enough, I hope, that readers want to read that and not just scroll down until they see bare breast or read a four-letter word. When I get that far in writing the story, I am back to my first challenge. If I have been lucky, the participants' characters and background suggest a new approach to describing what they then do.

I just had a new idea; I have been watching the women's soccer championship matches. Maybe readers can already anticipate how that story could start. Writing it will be fun for me, since it immediately suggests a new scenario and girls with a different background from those of ones I have written about. It will also avoid the age problem, even if I let them be on the under-21 team. I think they will be older, however, to allow them to have something to tell about their previous experience without that suggesting they could have been under eighteen at the time.

That is a nice way to finish this, a spontaneous example of how the idea for a story pops up. I don't have any idea what the girls will tell me – and readers. I do have one, that an experience with a male soccer player wasn't so good, because he was too macho. Will she then, however, discover a man who does everything the way a girl wants? I don't know.