Eveline's Strangest Journey Ch. 30

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Another image appeared, a screenshot of Eveline and Jenny being interviewed on "City Talk with Giselle".

"I expect Eveline Rogers to be one of those leaders I plan to develop. She already has a realistic view of our circumstances and life in general. I believe her experiences have taught her there are no absolutes and often the outward appearance of 'good' and 'evil' can be very deceptive."

The image on the screen changed to a group of demonstrators marching around Tri-State University. They were protesting against the university's exchange program and financial ties to the WAC, and condemning Comandante Foxtrot's regime in general.

"The human rights groups find what my government is doing objectionable. What can I say about that? A man of action like myself often has to violate the rights of a few people, to preserve the rights of many others. That is reality. Anyhow, those college students are becoming troublesome. They have been passing around petitions to force Tri-Cities to join a nation-wide campaign to boycott and divest from companies doing business with the WAC. There is an upcoming City Council vote on the petitions, and fortunately I have Eveline Rogers available to defend me during the debate. As soon as you return to the United States, I will provide you with talking points and briefing materials. You will prep Eveline and we will defeat that proposal. Do you understand me?"

"To hear is to obey, Supreme President."

"Remember how I said that I view Eveline Rogers as a long term investment? Assuming the city boycott vote goes according to my wishes, which I am confident that it will, we will move forward. Now, the long-term future. Your next tasking will to position Eveline Rogers to declare herself as a candidate for your state legislature, when she turns 21. You will make sure she is prepared to fulfill the responsibilities of that post, because my Foreign Minister will guarantee that she gets it. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, Supreme President."

"Such smart little women. When Eveline Rogers passes her 25th birthday, she will be eligible to become your state's next governor. I will hold you responsible for ensuring she is adequately prepared to handle that responsibility. I may or I may not want her to actually be the candidate. But regardless, you will make sure she is educated, trained, and ready."

Get Eveline ready to run for state governor? In just seven years? Nancy and Coach Strickland tried to catch their breaths.

"To hear is to obey, Supreme President."

"I expect us to work together for many years. You will have plenty of opportunity to prove your loyalty to me. You will now return to the United States. You are dismissed. Enjoy your flight home. But before you leave, I will make arrangements that will facilitate your service to my government."

The chamber doors opened and the guards reappeared. The Americans and their escorts re-entered the colonial palace but, instead of going to the entrance, the guards took them to a small room containing equipment to make photo ID's. An official took face-shots of Nancy and Strickland.

"Stand facing this camera and read the statement underneath."

"From this day forward I, Nancy Ivette Lombardi, will exercise my duties and responsibilities as a dual-citizen of the United States of America and the West-African Confederation. I understand that my citizenship in the West-African Confederation grants me the same privileges and rights of any other citizen. I understand my citizenship subjects me to the laws of the Confederation. Under the Sun, I, Nancy Ivette Lombardi, declare myself a subject and a citizen of the West-African Confederation."

"Congratulations. Here is your national identity card."

Holding their ID's, the two women returned to the Lear Jet for the return trip to the US.

Duties and responsibilities. Privileges and rights. Nancy Lombardi and Jamie Strickland were well-aware that their future would involve far more "duties and responsibilities" than "privileges and rights".

Nancy later commented to Strickland: "He already owns us. But, for whatever reason, he felt he needed to formalize it."

----------

The human rights groups had a rude shock when Councilwoman Rogers spoke against them at the council meeting. Instead, she argued the divestment campaign would be damaging to the area's economy and cited a bunch of previous examples from other cities to back up her argument. She also emphasized that, as bad as people might think Comandante Foxtrot's dictatorship was, any alternative to his government would be infinitely worse for the residents of Western Africa. "And if you don't have a better alternative, one that will actually work, and work right now, then you really have nothing to say about this matter, do you?"

Armed with talking points and preparation provided by one of the best propaganda ministries and intelligence services in the world, Eveline made her argument and stared down the activists. The human rights campaigners had no convincing responses. They watched in horrified silence as their boycott initiative collapsed.

A few hours later, across the Atlantic Ocean, Comandante Foxtrot, sitting in his most comfortable chair and surrounded by guards and a dozen of his favorite women, watched the video of Councilwoman Rogers in action. That video was followed by the dismayed reactions of the critics of his regime who had anticipated an easy victory with the Tri-City boycott, and to build momentum going forward. That momentum had just been severely disrupted, to say the least. They'd have to re-group and try somewhere else.

The boycott activists stated that Eveline had betrayed them and the people of West Africa, but she was ready with a response:

"I didn't betray anyone. The university boycott committee never approached me to get my opinion. They just took it for granted I'd support them."

The Supreme President of the West-African Confederation smiled coldly. He raised his golden goblet in honor of the naked little blond on his monitor.

To be continued ...

12