Fallout 06: Accident

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, a will, and two insurance policies," Rhonda said. "A term through his work and a whole life insurance policy he maintained outside work. He also had quite a bit in his 401K."

"You know this will make the DA's charges moot," Durwood said. "Can't try a dead man, after all."

"What about Schmidt?" Rhonda asked.

"His lawyer hasn't filed yet, but they still intend to," Durwood said. "You know they can still go after your husband's estate."

"Talk to them," she said. "If they still plan to file, make them a reasonable offer. Not this million dollar bullshit. I can see medical bills and lost wages. Nothing above that, however. And nothing gets finalized before Jake's estate is settled."

"I'll see what I can do," he said. "I'm sorry for your loss, Rhonda," he added, giving her a light hug. She nodded her head and returned the hug.

"Thank you for all your help, Durwood," she said.

Three months later, Rhonda got word from Durwood that Schmidt's lawyer settled for $150,000 -- a far cry from the $1 million they originally wanted. By now, both insurance companies had paid out Jake's benefits and Rhonda had received two checks for $1 million. After paying the settlement, Durwood's fees and Jake's final hospital bills, she still had a ton of money left over.

On top of that, the mortgage on their house had been paid off, thanks to the mortgage insurance she insisted they get when they bought the place, and Jake's company rolled the $350,000 he had in his 401K into hers.

After what Jake put her through, she was gun-shy about dating again. She had been asked out several times, but always refused. A few weeks later, she went to Dallas to see her sister and brother-in-law. The three of them went to a club where they danced and had a generally good time. Looking around the club, she saw a somewhat familiar figure and headed in his direction.

"Fred, is that you?" she asked. The man turned around, startled. He was in much better shape than the last time she saw him. He had filled out, and seemed much more confident in himself.

"Rhonda, is that right?" he asked.

"Yes," she said. "You're looking really good. Are you finished with your camp thing up north?"

"Yes, just got back a couple days ago," he said. "How are things with you?"

"Doing well, thanks," she said.

"How did things go with your husband?" he asked.

"He died, and is hopefully burning in Hell right now," she said with a smile. He laughed with her.

"Right along with my ex, I'm sure," he said. "Would you care to dance?"

"I'd love to," she said. They danced several dances together, and finally ended up at Rhonda's table, where she introduced him to Jennie's husband. "Listen, guys, I hope you don't mind, but Fred and I are gonna head on out. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Have fun, sis," Jennie said. "You take good care of my sister, Fred. Remember, I know where you live," she told him with a smile.

"I will, don't worry," he said before they left.

Rhonda and Fred enjoyed their evening together so much, they became a regular item. It got to the point that they would alternate weekends -- Rhonda would go to Dallas one weekend and Fred would drive up to Wichita Falls the next.

Six months later, his company transferred him to their Wichita Falls office and Rhonda let him move in with her. They were married six months later. He understood when she asked him to sign a prenuptial agreement. As it turned out, he had received quite a windfall from Angela's company insurance and 401K, so it worked out well for them both.

After their honeymoon in Hawaii, they decided to sell Rhonda's home and buy something new, something that didn't hold any bad memories for either of them. They were both happier than they had been in years. But as time went on, they realized there was something missing in their lives.

"Fred, have you heard anything about Angela's boys?" Rhonda asked after a rousing bout of lovemaking one night.

"The last I heard, Angela's parents adopted them and they're moving to Florida," he said. "Why do you ask?"

"Do you ever want to have children someday?" she asked.

"Someday, sure," he said. "I'd love to have one or two."

"You know I can't give you any children," she said. "Does that bother you?"

"Yes, I know, and no, it doesn't bother me at all," he said. "So we can't do it the old fashioned way."

"How would you feel about adopting one or two?" she asked. He thought for a bit before answering.

"Well, it would be kinda nice to have some kids we can take fishing or out to picnics in the park," he said. "After all, we have this big ol' house. There's plenty of room. Yeah, I can see us adopting."

"Really?" she asked, excited.

"Yes, really," he said. "Tell you what, let's start making calls tomorrow, find out what it takes." She threw her arms around his neck and smothered him with kisses.

"Okay, sweetheart," she said. "I'll start calling around tomorrow. I love you so much."

"And I love you more, my little flower," he said, returning her kisses.

...

The end...

Note: MMAS was featured in my series, "Revenge in Advance" and "The Warren Files."