Far Pangaea 36 : Mad Hatter

Story Info
War begins. Vampire infestation. Dancing Magicians. Nibbles.
2.9k words
4.74
11.8k
3
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 36 of the 96 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/06/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nightfall loomed.

The moon high in the sky brought dread upon Jack Ramse and his band of survivors. Since relocating to this strange world they had run into some pretty strange things. Aliens. Dinosaurs. Now to top it all off Vampires. Even an Immortal Roman soldier was now standing in wait, fearlessly for the slaughter at hand. Fires built around the parameter as a show of defense.

Jack armed with an Ion rifle prowling about near the Roman while Cameron Scott stood near the cows in their energy pen. He too bearing an alien rifle. All of their members on edge but ready for battle. Tonight might prove fatal. Yet, they were defending their territory. That included a terrified young woman cursed by the undead. One they felt needed to remain among them.

Hearing the history lessons of late made Jack doubt everything he had ever believed. This giant Roman twelve feet away had met Jesus Christ himself. Made immortal due to his love. Still, the Roman made him uneasy just as much as the Vampire legion they expected to arrive at any moment.

Were they prepared enough? Were they strong enough? Jack even though stronger than most men had his limits. He could still die a cruel death if caught off guard. Only Sophia and her Mother Madigan Ridge, Malcolm Brand, and the Roman might survive if it became a true bloodbath. At least he knew Ruby, James, and Greta would be safe locked in the Ganthorian craft.

The rest of them outside and ready for war.

Patience. As if they had an alternative.

Within the Ganthorian ship Ruby Goddard sat in the bridge looking out. Her thoughts confused. Sitting alone by choice she had to clear her head. News recently giving her reason to debate her future. Lowering her gaze to her belly she lifts her tank top to rub her abs.

"Two souls. Am I really pregnant? Dammit Jack."

As her fingers caress her flesh a tender glow emits beneath her fingertips. Eyes bulging at the sight. Her nerves were shot. She closes her eyes and tries to comprehend her situation.

"Everything okay up here?"

"Greta?" Ruby jumps releasing her belly and tugging her tank back into place, "So far it looks peaceful."

Easing forward Ruby tries to mask her reaction. The Cowgirl from Kansas didn't need to know her and Jack's suspicions. Not at a time like this. Besides all Ruby needed to do was have James confirm or deny her fears. Of course that meant an awkward encounter. Her Doctor was only 15 years old. Okay, maybe Elle would look at her. James could just run the blood tests. Maybe find a way to utilize a sonogram. If that were possible. Guidance systems and power were limited.

"I hope my cows survive the night. I dunno what I'd do without them."

"You survive like the rest of us Greta. Let's just hope for the best."

"I know. I'd pray but after hearing that Antonio fella I'm not sure what to believe."

"Antonaeus." Ruby corrects her, "I agree though. Could James be right about Sabbath being the reincarnation of Eve? She and her sister supposedly share a soul. So weird."

"Kinda like you having two souls?" Greta winks.

"No comment." Ruby scowls.

"Ya'll know you can talk to me Ruby." Greta expresses concern.

"Another day. Let's survive the night."

Outside the troops were restless.

Cameron Scott paced about near Sabbath's shipping container prison. Stepping closer he listens to hear if the woman was stirring within.

"You okay in there Sabbath?" He whispers.

A thump is heard on the side next to him making him jump. Hearing a loud hissing sound erupt. The woman was obviously struggling with her dark side. Her hunger needing sustenance. That and the fact that Mother had taken over her thoughts.

While Cameron worried for the girl, Madigan Ridge filtered to his side like on a breeze. Garnering his notice he shivers at her presence. Gun lowered he sighs.

"I shall check on Sabbath." Madigan phases through the steel cargo container and enters into darkness. In the shadows Sabbath's white flesh glows in her crouched posture. Blood red eyes piercing at the ghost with interest.

"Release me." Mother's words erupt through Sabbath's vocal cords.

"We cannot. Your mind tricks cannot control me."

"Your friends shall join you as ghosts in the desert. My legion comes for you."

"We are prepared. Do your worst."

"So I shall. So I shall."

Sabbath gasps as Mother vacates her persona, "Seek shelter. All of you. They are near."

"Remain calm Sabbath. You are among friends."

"I have no friends. I am a predator."

"Of this we hope to change. All we ask is patience."

Sabbath Black hisses looking wildly about as if hearing her brethren approach. Concerned Madigan takes her leave. The girl whimpering, "They are here."

Antonaeus Gaicazar unsheathes his Heavenly blade, once shattered until within his grasp once again. Recalling it's shards to rejoin and become one. Now a force to be reckoned with.

"Stand ready! I hear their leathery wings upon the night." He looks to the sky.

Madigan confirms his assumption reciting to Jack the revelation of hearing Sabbath's warning. In response Jack moves about stealthily moving within the radius of a large bonfire for protection. Giving him an edge that they might fear.

A deafening thud upon metal forces Jack and Cameron to look up. Atop Sabbath's prison stood a large bat like beast that went to town trying to rip open the container. It's strength formidable. While screeching a flash of light arches through the night as Elle Franklin casts an energized hydraulic spear. Well aimed it pierces the creatures back exiting it's chest. Reeling in pain it takes flight.

"Head's up." Sophia takes a running leap into the sky after it. Her limbs mighty she launches the eighteen feet needed to capture it in it's stagger of flight. Her slightest touch creating a maddening scream. Hunger claiming the creature in her own vampire like feeding. Her flesh a billion starving cells. In a flare up her body produces light showing off her deadliness to his brood.

As Jack and Cameron watch her with respect they charge up their Ion guns and stand back to back for protection. Awaiting other bats to circle close. Elle stalking about near them, her eyes glowing in preparation to fire her own round about lasers.

Suddenly, a loud obnoxious voice calls out into the night.

"Ello! Ello! Ello!"

Jack winces, "Roof of the Ganthorian craft. Nobody fires on our home."

Atop the hull stood the Magician Carrington Primross acting as if a Ringmaster at a circus. His top hat within hand whipping it about as he surveys the landscape around them.

"Come one, come all, to the Greatest slaughter of them all. I do hope you have all tidied up your fleshly homes. Our dinner is expecting important guests."

"The Mother." Gaicazar sneers.

"Would she risk coming here?" Jack squints about.

Pacing about sword in ready the Roman growls, "Perhaps. We shall know soon enough." In its final hisses the Vampire Sophia Ridge had began devouring drops from the sky bringing her weight into a crashing cloud of soil and ash. She merely stands up and clench's her fist in victory. Turning her attention toward Primross up above.

Jack gathering her thoughts by reaction alone charges to her side, "Not yet. Let him come to us. Keep our formation tight."

"You're the boss, Big Daddy." She grins, "Vamps need salt. Rather bland taste."

Sneering at her playfulness amid adversity He scans about. Not wanting to solely watch Primross like he obviously wanted them to do. The Magician aimed to be a distraction. His maniacal laughter entirely too annoying.

As Jack weighed the situation his translator collar emitted a hologram from inside, "Jack? James has a plan if things get too bad out there. Let me know if you need back up."

"Acknowledged Ruby. Sit tight."

Her hologram ceasing as fast as it projected. She didn't want to keep him from his mission.

Cam prowls about as Gaicazar extends his free arm to block Cam's further footsteps. The pilot growls, "I'm so not into this desert warfare crap. I'm a Pilot damn it."

Gaicazar creases his brow, "You know of Pontius Pilate?"

"Huh? No! I mean yeah I've heard the name. I could probably read the bible a bit more to know about him better though. Wasn't he the guy that gave the order to crucify Christ?"

"Prefect. Indeed. An arrogant man above all else. What Emperor Tiberius saw in the man is beyond my comprehension. Bloodthirsty at best."

"We're discussing bloodthirsty with Vampires ready to storm the gates?" Cam winces.

"You are a squeamish man." Antonaeus overlooks Cam's attempt at bravado. Noting his limbs trembling. Cameron Scott had fear of every shadow this night. Who could blame him. This was out of his league. Yet, as edgy as he was he wanted to be there for Sabbath Black.

Expecting the battle to come from the sky all of the Survivors were caught off guard. Out of the darkness into the light of the campfires walked a sight that made even Antonaeus uneasy. Before him stood thirty Roman Centurions in garb yet without sword and shield. No need for such décor considering they were now Vampires.

"Romidus! Califori!" He utters. Recognizing his close friends. Lost to the Vampires years ago when they journeyed to this time lost land. Only Antonaeus being Immortal had avoided their fate. Having been forced to behead so many of his soldiers some had escaped or been recalled away by the Mother. Here now, Antonaeus Gaicazar would need to put them to rest once and for all.

"I am Legion for we are many." Cam recites. Gaicazar growling at his words. "Sorry. That verse just came to mind."

"My friends are lost. I shall end their torment this eve."

"Mind if I help? Or, is this personal?" Cam offers poising his gun to stand next to Gaicazar. "Your blade appears dull." The Roman snarls.

"Sharp enough." Cam unloads his Ion charge in a brilliant green hue. Like lightning weaving in a cylindrical beam. Two Vampires are immediately incinerated. Gaicazar held back slightly to admire the device.

"God has blessed you My Friend." He then charges into battle. Sword slashing at his Legion. Most avoiding him with great speeds. Managing only to carve away a hand and a leg at the knee. At the loss of a leg Gaicazar ends the existence of Periahtus. Under his breath wishing him peace.

As Cam and Gaicazar engage with the Legion, Elle Franklin joins their ranks. Concentrating to recreate her diamond arms light sword. Wanting to test her usage of new talents. Her speed hardly matching theirs. She finds her body incapacitated under the strength of two Soldiers. Preparing to bite her the Vamps hear the mental warnings of Carrington Primross above. Knowing that they would become human once more. If for even a brief moment. Their hesitation alone enough for Elle to fight free. Her light blade carving the blood beasts into pieces. Then utilizing her eye beams to puncture through their skulls for a final release from this realm.

"Good work, Elle." Jack discharges his Ion gun tagging a third in the back of his head. Slowly but surely they were making headway. So they thought. High above Carrington Primross releases an echoing screech. A call out into the night sky. That couldn't have been a good thing.

Madigan rises up sixty feet into the air to observe their surroundings. Her vision capable of seeing vividly into the abyss of night. To her horror she bears witness to thousands of oncoming wings. Bats in human form just as they had encountered at the Freighter.

Speaking loudly Madigan offers warning, "Incoming. Thousands of them."

Heard quite easily Jack continued his firepower's assault. Taking out many. Not nearly enough. They were moving too fast. Adapting. Sophia backing him up to avoid being overwhelmed. Her glowing body keeping the Vamps at bay. She knew they feared her.

"Keep the light show bright Sophia." Jack instructs.

"Bringing back Disco Jack."

"Before your time Kid." He spoke with a fearless attitude.

"I've seen Saturday Night Fever and Xanadu. Thank Mom for that. I actually liked those."

"Stay focused." He ignores her further ramblings. The Vamps just kept on coming. As the night brought more visitors the swarm came into view. Their view becoming increasingly more obstructed. Cam found his back against Sabbath's lockup. His griping heard within its shell. Sabbath Black touched the wall from the inside. Feeling Cam pushed up against it. Her thoughts resisting her hunger as best she could. Fearful that Cam would not survive much longer.

Seeing the infestation from within the Ganthorian ship Ruby and Greta stood there in shock.

"They're all gonna die." Greta frets.

"Not on my watch." The two women hear James Ian from behind, "Let's even the odds."

Ruby glares back at young James Ian Pryce as he brings out his portable computer. Thankful that the alien tech could manipulate the EMP environment around them. Small favors as James had spoken about. Considering the power levels they had before removing solar panels to amp up their home.

"Hurry. Whatever you have planned has to happen now." Ruby snaps, her attention jogging between James and the onslaught below.

"Open the ramp." He prompts.

"Are you crazy?" Greta bulges her eyes, "Those things will get in."

"Only if we invite them. At least that's what the Myth's say. Who really knows." James shrugs as his dog Xander yelps. Even he sensed the situation outside.

"Good God!" Ruby growls and dives at the bridges control panel punching in the ramp release, "Do it."

James sends out a program that activates the softball sized drones within the armory. One by one he calls forth hundreds. Zipping from their containment pods on a gravitational level. It took Xander to let the women know the arsenal was on its way. Before their eyes the orbs whizzed past them and out into the playing field.

Greta Winston whimpered, "More horses?"

"Stampede Baby." James hisses moving to the windows beside the women to better observe the terrain below.

Jack even under pressure recognized the cavalry. His battle plans altering with every new obstacle. Firing high at the flock above his Ion beams bring down numerous. If not killing them at least slowing down their potency.

The orbs moved about as fast as the Vampires themselves. With their programming narrowing down their undead targets over those living. Energy nets combining with an increase in the gravity around their bodies capture Vamps dropping them from the sky. Elle racing in to behead as many as she could. Jack ordering Sophia to cut loose.

Sophia races to Elle's side gripping scalps and ripping heads off like breaking bread. Her microbial friends grabbing morsels along the way. They were singing to Sophia in a familiar tune they had heard her recite in her mind. The song was ironic. The tune "Stayin' Alive" from the Bee Gees. Saturday Night Fever stuck in her head. To Sophia that became her battle anthem.

Cam found himself pinned in as Vamps attack from all sides and above. Using their weight to stagger the container holding Sabbath Black inside. He worried not so much for his own life as hers. If they got to her he was uncertain what she might do. She could lose control and join the bat boys and girls or help him. He prayed for the latter.

Antonaeus had cut a swath between he and Jack. Noting the orbs dodging about the Roman had no idea what they were.

"What manner of creatures are these?"

"They're friends. James sent them to help. Try not to damage them."

"Aye! To battle then." He charges away raising his sword with both hands on the hilt and cleaving downward splitting the skull of a Vamp hording around Cam. His left hand assuming control in a side swath that beheads another.

"Thanks Captain Holiday." Cam jests under pressure. He himself recalling an old movie titled Roman Holiday. Firing his Ion gun upward at the Vamps on top of the cargo container. An orb zooming in to counter his move. In doing so giving Cam a perfect shot to cut them in half. Puckering he gained a respect for the tiny drones.

Then, as quickly as he nods his appreciation he feels the cargo container teeter. From the back side Vamps had gathered to topple the steel frame. Beneath the container as it lifted from the ground on one side a white hand reaches out from beneath. Clutching Cameron's calf and forcing him off balance. Losing his gun in the fall he cries out as his body is drug with unexpected speed into the container. As he vanishes the container drops trapping him inside with Sabbath Black.

Groaning at the manhandling, breath taken away in his fall he widens his eyes within the darkness. Hearing Jack and Elle both calling out Cam's name. He falls silent, fearful of what came next.

Sabbath Black spoke. It was not in her own voice.

"So, this is the human that my daughter shows feeling toward."

"Oh, Momma." Cam whimpers.

"Mother indeed."

Above the craft Carrington Primross was dancing a jig.

"All are in trouble now." He cackles.

As he circles in step the Mad Magician discovers a shadow cloaking the moon above. Stopping to glare up at the sky he whimpers.

A big omission had rose to the occasion.

"Oh Bugger!"