Fever Ch. 07

Story Info
Chapter 7.
1.5k words
4.24
5.7k
4

Part 7 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/25/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're here about Olivia being a hunter, correct?" Stefan didn't waste any time getting to business. The fact that Oden Cooper had come into his home and insulted his wife in front of his very eyes bespoke of a man who was brief, rude and obnoxious all in one. Therefore, the sooner the issue of Olivia was resolved the sooner he'd be rid of the man called Oden. "Yes, I did. You are very insightful, Stefan."

"Mr. Gregoire please."

Oden nodded, "Formality it is. You may call me Mr. Cooper."

"I've known about Olivia since she was eight. Having been a vampire for as long as I have and studying the arts, we know quite a bit."

"That's a compliment. Anyhow, I would like to take Olivia back with me to a place known as the Gallery, where she will be well provided for and trained in the essentials of Hunting. As you know, hunting is a blood line."

"I do."

"So therefore you know that should she continue residing here, she will eventually end up harming one of you if she isn't taught to control and subdue the instinct to kill."

Stefan nodded. "I suppose you've gone through this before?"

"All throughout my life."

"What type of environment will you be offering Olivia?"

"She'll be safe, working with those who are like her, learning various fighting styles, magic, and she will learn how to track as well as how to hone in her skills of being tracked herself. She will be learning quite a bit."

"I see."

"The truth of this matter Mr. Gregoire is that it doesn't concern you, considering you're not Olivia's father. I am." Oden stated, his tone crisp. Stefan shook his head, "On a regular occasion, you'd be right, however, Mr. Cooper, I've been standing in as father for the past seven years, when you walked out over ten years ago, so therefore, I have more right than you do to say what goes on with Olivia. If that's not enough for you, I have to say that Odilia just gave me the go ahead to decide on Olivia's behalf, so any decision I make here is solely my discretion.

If it weren't for the fact that I know who and what Olivia is I would decline and have her here. However, the truth is that Olivia needs to accept what and who her family is and until she experience what it means to be a hunter, that acceptance will not come. So in regards to your request, I will grant it. However, Olivia has to come home on holidays as well as during summer months. I can have my lawyer draw up a family contract and have both you and Odilia sign it in accordance with your law, that way no dispute will be argued."

"I suppose I will be able to take Tavis as well?"

He inquired. Stefan paused, glancing up at Oden, feeling a strong anger rise up in him. "Olivia is of age, Tavis isn't." His tone was icy.

"Tavis is of age, there are boys there who begin training at nine years of age."

"He's not going." Stefan finalized his answer.

Oden didn't speak, he just nodded, "Have Olivia ready by tomorrow at noon, I will be here to pick her up."

Stefan extended a hand to Oden. "I will also have those papers ready for you by then."

"Thank you." Oden grasped his hand in a firm handshake.

~~

Odilia watched Oden leave, starring out of the window in the living-room. She was glad he was gone. Standing there, she felt arms slide around her waist and a kiss go to her temple. "I'm sorry that he upset you." Stefan whispered.

"It's alright. Did you guys discuss what it was he wanted?"

Stefan stiffened. He already knew that once she heard what it was he'd agreed to, it would be a long time before she even spoke to him. As he thought of this, her scent floated up to his nostrils, stirring his senses. He closed his eyes, inhaling the soft sweet smell.

"What did you agree to?" She inquired, turning around in his arms, her hands resting on his shoulders.

Odilia was one of few women tall enough to lock her arms around his shoulders and look him in the eye. Stefan gave a full smile to her and leaned in, kissing her lips. Despite the flutters that went throughout her entire stomach, Odilia put a hand up to his lips, "Baby, I'm serious. What did you agree to?" She inquired. He sighed, running his hand along her face, caressing beautiful high cheekbones. "I love you." He whispered. His accent was so heavy. "I love you too, now, come on, what's up? Stop teasing me," she whispered.

"I'll tell you what, let me make love to you first and then I will tell you." Odilia raised both brows. Pulling away from him, she spoke in a stern tone, "If you don't tell me now, it will be a whole week before you get even a kiss from me. What did you agree too Stefan Gregoire?" Stefan wore a smirk. Odilia turned away from him, her arms crossed. "Alright, Alright. Oden's going to come tomorrow to pick up Odilia, she's going to be allowed temporary custody for training purposes."

Odilia swung back around to face him, "You did what!"

"Odilia, she needs that, ok? She needs to be around people like her."

Odilia glared up at him, "You know, you never did really care about Olivia."

Stefan cleared his throat. "That's not true."

Odilia attempted to walk away, but Stefan grasped her arm. "Odilia, it's for the best." She pulled her arm away from him, "I'm sure it is. I can't even talk to you right now, Stefan, I can't." With that, she swallowed back the pain in her chest and continued moving, going down to the den. Stefan followed behind her, "Odilia, look, Olivia needs training, she needs to be around people who can identify with what she's going to.

She has a special set of gifts that need to be utilized and being here isn't going to allow that happen." Odilia turned to him, tears streaming down her face, "You handed my daughter over to that bastard? You saw Stefan, you saw how he talked to me, and now when Olivia goes there, the little authority I do have with her will be done. She will treat me the same way he does. He will make sure of that."

Stefan grasped Odilia's shoulders, turning her to him, "I promise DiDi, if anything, she will learn to love and respect us more. Her anger and irritation will dwindle. She needs to see him for who he is. She also needs that training..."

"Why Stefan, why? What good could that possibly do?" Odilia yelled, her eyes wide.

Stefan exhaled, "I didn't want to tell you this, but I wanted to keep this until the time was right, but if you don't hear it now, you won't believe it later." He led her to the sofa located in the back of the den. Sitting her down, he sat next to her. "Look, Olivia has a place in Jr.'s life. She is here because she has to protect him, she's his protector." Odilia shook her head "His protector? How much do you keep from me?"

Stefan's gaze went to hers, "Excuse me?"

"How..much...do...you...keep...from...me?"

"I don't keep anything from you."

Odilia stood up, "Bull shit, you keep way too much from me. What else is it that you are keeping from me? I imagine since you know about Olivia, then you must know about other things as well."

Stefan stood up, looking her in the eyes, "Nothing, Odilia. There is nothing I keep from you intentionally. Everything that I do not tell you is simply because it's not time."

"Right, like the fact that you know more about hunters and their jobs than you let on. Or that you know a hunter is always used to protect a counselman or woman before they age to maturity, right?"

Stefan shook his head, "No. Hunters are only of use in dire situations. She will develop that bond with Jr. after her training. She will be the one to care for him, teach him the skills he need for fighting."

"So it's for your benefit that she trains?"

"Yours too, Odilia, Jr.'s yours as well."

"May as well be yours since you just handed her over to Oden."

"He's not a stranger, he's her father."

"He is a stranger..Olivia doesn't know him, ok?"

"What is the real issue here, Odilia?"

Odilia sighed, frustrated, "Nothing, I'm tired, I want to sleep. With that, she walked away toward their bedroom. For a second Stefan found himself wondering if he'd done the right thing.

Going into Jr.'s room, as he looked down upon him, he understood and felt in his heart that he had. Although he and Olivia didn't see eye to eye, they would definitely come to terms after her growth, after her understanding and training because what Odilia didn't understand was that this education was going to train Olivia for life, her life and as a result she would be changed. Stefan's thoughts went back to Tavis.

This girl Ayanna, he needed to learn more about. Whether or not he'd help her depended on what Tavis had to say as well as what he found out about her and the man who'd taken her captive.

~~