Finding the One Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've been watching you from the other side of the floor."

I still hadn't gained my wits back so I put up my defence and used short replies.

"Must be boring over there."

"Just standing here, drinking water? Want to dance?"

"Thanks, no."

"Then what are you doing here if you're not here to get drunk or to dance?"

"I'm wingman and driver for my tutee."

"Which one?" she inquired.

"That young lad over there."

"Hmmm. He seems to be sorted, isn't he?"

"I need to keep an eye on him."

"Tough job. Is there a reason why you're helping him?" she replied with a grin.

"I like challenges."

"He's quite a bit younger than you are, isn't he?"

Slowly but surely I got my head together again. She kept asking questions despite my short replies. That meant that she wanted to keep me talking and lure me into a conversation but after the last few experiences with relationships I had pulled up my defences and tried to keep her away. I've never been a prude and I've had my fair share of women. Apart from my acceptable looks, I kept in shape, had good manners, was successful with my own company and was able to distinguish a rejection from playing hard to get so I didn't waste my time. But tonight was about Pat.

"Hey, listen. I appreciate your effort but I'm really just here to support my nephew," I decided to give her the reason for the age difference, "so why don't you order something at the bar on my tab and go make some other guy happy?"

I hoped she didn't take my rejection too badly and she turned out to be a good sport.

"Saw you and felt I had to try. Maybe next time when you're not on a mission," she grinned at me.

"Maybe," I replied vaguely and signalled the bartender to get her another drink. While we were waiting for it to be mixed, she kept trying to engage in small talk which I blocked off for a reason I didn't really understand. When the drink was served, she took it, raised it to salute me and left. A few minutes later Pat and the girl he'd been trying to impress moved off the dancefloor towards the bar. I faked being busy texting on my phone as they stood next to me but kept listening in.

"What do you want to drink?" Pat asked. I didn't hear the answer. Pat signalled the barkeeper and ordered two beers and a bottle of water. Good boy. The girl said something and Pat ordered another bottle of water for her.

I left the two to themselves and continued to watch the crowd move to the beat. A few minutes later, Pat's girl went to the restrooms. While I chatted with Pat, I kept an eye on her and saw that she joined a group of girls, had a quick chat with them and went on to the bathroom.

As soon as she had left I saw the young woman that had been trying to chat with me, approach the same group of girls.

"Pat, you know those girls over there?" I pointed at them discreetly to indicate who I meant.

"They are Barb's friends. She's here with them today. But I don't know any of them. Why?"

"It's nothing. Just saw her talk to them."

From my business life in the field of IT-security, I had become somewhat paranoid and I certainly didn't believe in coincidences. I saw his girl return and quickly added, "Just one more thing: do not, under any circumstances and for any reason, give out any information on me, not my name, my email, my phone number or even my hair colour. Ok?"

"Yeah, sure, but why should anyone..."

I interrupted him, "Just don't forget it. Now go and keep your girl entertained."

+++++

Three hours later we were on our way home. I drove, of course, as this had been the main reason for me sticking to water.

"Uncle Marc, how did you know she would ask for your contact details? Was she using me to get to you?"

"Not as far as I could tell. She gave you her phone number, didn't she?"

"Yes, she did."

"And you read it back to her with one wrong digit?" I asked trying to change the topic.

"I did and she corrected me," he grinned widely, but my distraction didn't work. "But why did she want your name and number?"

"There was a girl trying to hit on me and I saw her talking to Barb's friends. I somehow had the feeling she wouldn't give up so easily," I explained. "Just remember, even if she's got your dick in her mouth and your balls in her fist, my contact information remains top secret."

"Of course!" he replied blushing wildly at the thought of Barb doing what I had just described.

I dropped him off at home, made sure he went inside and left for my home. The next day would be needed to finish the presentation I had prepared for a potential new customer. If I could convince them of our expertise, they had the potential to become our second largest customer.

To be continued...

12