Firestorm Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Cute, are you done?"

"Absolutely," She smiled as Caspian moved towards the elevators. She waited until his focus was off of her before pocketing the card in her back pocket. Of course, she wasn't going to keep the card unless they were developing some fantastic new brand of candy, which she doubted. She usually beat down her cravings with a suitable distraction. Micah was deprived on so many levels since moving away from her pack. Caspian was living breathing temptation, and since she wasn't giving in to that particular craving, she needed to fill the gap with other desires.

Once they were inside the elevator, Caspian turned to her, "Shifters don't trip over their own feet, certainly not a ranked shifter. So I propose you tell me why you wanted the access card so badly." There was an edge to his tone that spiked adrenaline through her bloodstream. He wasn't used to having things taken from him; well, who wanted to rob a dominant vampire with ice running in his veins.

"I must be getting rusty?" She whined, watching red bleed into the ice blue of his eyes. She needed to plan better; maybe she could drop some candy in his pocket and lift it off him. He wouldn't mourn the loss; it wouldn't be his in the first place, although it did drain some of the excitement away from the act. She brushed her fingers against her back pocket, reluctant to hand over her new treasure.

"You didn't finish our conversation, did we?" He hissed, stalked her till her back hit the back of the elevator. Micah's eyes darted to the door; it wasn't strictly private, and the door could open any moment. The thrill was enough to have her anxious. Caspian's hands traced her waist; the touch was feather-light, barely touching her skin through the shirt she wore. His hands slid over her hips and reached behind to grip her thighs before raking his nailed over her ass, his fingers dipping into her back pockets before she could understand what he was doing. He squeezed her ass before moving away from her so far fast she shivered as she missed the heat of him.

Micah took a minute to realise what he had done, "Now, who's being cute." She laughed, "I thought you said you didn't want to play with a little wolf?" she asked as she leaned against the elevator wall to steady herself.

"Did I now?" he commented casually, but the red flecks were turning a darker crimson. Micah decided she liked the colour.

The elevator chimed as they reached Caspian's selected floor. Micah pushed off the wall, and entire the offices of 'Black pharmaceuticals and laboratories' "You always take me such nice places." Micah mocked; it was more like he dragged her from pillar to post.

"We are here to see a victim. Daemon keeps the bodies until we gathered what we could." The reports didn't say much, but Micah had read through them; all the victims had a sedative and missed litres of blood, "Could blood brokers be involved," Blood held power and more than a few scientists were desperate to harness that power in a bottle. Blood brokers were an organisation that sort rare samples for the highest bidder. The closest they come to a wonder drug was a drug called Blaze. Highly addictive and highly toxic.

"We haven't found a link, but we wouldn't be ruling out the possibility." Caspian used the access card against the terminal as the panel flashed green before the doors opened. The scent of chemicals and antiseptic had Micah's nose twitching.

"We have a fully equipped lab that can house at least two bodies. We have one victim in there; the bodies of the others released to their families." Caspian said as he entered another room with the strong scent of formaldehyde.

A few employees in medical scrubs scurried away when Caspian approached, and he didn't seem too inclined to chat. Then, finally, one brave soul came forward, and Micah stiffened as the female in a lab coat stopped in front of Caspian.

"Mr Black, we weren't expecting your visit," She practically purred, with her eyes blatantly checking him out.

"I want to see Malcolm's body." He replied in a glacial tone. She didn't even flinch to the female's credit as she walked to a drawer to pull out a body.

"Male, aged 25 with no known health conditions besides the fact that he was a rogue. There was enough testosterone and Serotonin in his bloodstream to assume aggression would have been uncontrollable before death."

"If he was that far gone, then this was more of a culling than a murder," Caspian commented as he read a report the female had handed him.

Micah glanced at the report, "The Seraph held jurisdiction over culling rogues, and the numbers aren't high enough to justify a kill." Nikkara would have had an aneurism if she had known that people were so accepting of discarding rogues like unsalvageable trash. Instead, she bent forward to study the victim's injuries; there were so many lacerations, the male was not only just killed. He must have been torture before he took his last breath.

Caspian cell rang, and he stepped away to answer it; the female turned her honey brown eyes to Micah.

"The family is remarkable, aren't they?"

"Very." Micah agreed. An extraordinarily twisted family but still remarkable.

Caspian returned, his fangs extended, and the female took a step back. "How quickly can you get a healer to the Narine City Library?" The Library was at least 5minutes away from them; Caspian seemed to think that was too far.

Micah pulled her new phone out and sent Nikkara a text; the reply was almost instantaneous. "Nikki has someone on the ground; she said to look for wings in the sky and let her do what she needs to."

12