First Edition

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,328 Followers

The whole thing sounded mercenary as hell. I guess it made sense from the financial side but personally it stunk to high heavens.

"I'm sorry, Norma. I appreciate the offer, but that is not possible. I love Eleanor and I really want to spend the rest of my time with her. It has been difficult for me since my wife died. I didn't think I would ever find someone to fill in for her. Your mother does that, but I will not have our relationship compromised by money. I will gladly sign a prenuptial agreement or something like that, but I will not be bought off under any circumstances. As far as I am concerned she can give the whole annuity to her kids and we can live very well on what I have. Well, maybe not as well, but nicely. Do you want another beer?"

"No more beer, thank you. I have to go back to Chicago. Can I call you later in the week?"

"I'll look forward to it. In the mean time, I know a lovely lady who needs someone to hold her hand. I feel obligated, and I intend to fill that obligation until you tell me otherwise."

"You do whatever you feel is right, Mister Clark. I think she is waiting for you."

Norma did not call me back.

Eleanor and I no longer had to hide in the shadows. We spent most of the nights in her unit. Every once in a while, we used mine just for the change. We were accepted as a pair, and we were comfortable with each other's company.

Two or three times a month I would have lunch with one of the kids. I never said anything about Eleanor, because I didn't want them to think I was trying to replace their mother. It was easier that way. I prided myself on the fact that I did not lay any guilt trips on my kids about visiting. They had their own lives and families. I felt it was important not to disrupt that.

Thanksgiving was coming up and my children made a big deal out of inviting me to Marcie's house to spend it with all of them. I wanted to enjoy the day with Eleanor so I simply told them thanks, but no thanks.

Eleanor was getting a little upset with me for not leveling with my family, and not introducing her to them. At one point she inferred that I was ashamed of her. I knew then I had to open the relationship.

The first call I made was to Robert. I never took advantage of the fact that Robert was a lawyer. I didn't think that was proper. I decided I had to make an exception. He was ecstatic about Eleanor, and convinced me that his sisters would be also. He thought, as I did, that prenuptial agreements were crass, but in this case necessary. It only took a few days for him to draw up papers to completely protect all of Eleanor's assets against me, no matter what our relationship.

Christmas was at Robert's house that year. Eleanor gave me a first edition Mickey Spillane novel and I gave her an engagement ring. Her acceptance into the family was unanimous.

We were married that March in the community room at Black Water. Norma came to the wedding, but her brothers did not show. I gave her a copy of the prenuptial agreement and she handed it right back to me, with a wink.

PAPATOAD
PAPATOAD
3,328 Followers
Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

Penny Whimsy Her plan to trade up didn't work.in Loving Wives
Danny's Dilemma His wife tried to put the horns on him.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
The Honey Trap You have to use the right bait.in Loving Wives
Birthday Surprise It ruined his day and his life.in Loving Wives
More Stories