Flower Wine Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I should have told you to stay but I wasn't sure you would have." He smiled before taking a sip from his own cup.

She smiled and shook her head. "I almost stayed to watch you. I would have but I didn't think you'd be able to rescue me twice." After another good swallow, she set the cup down, it wasn't her father's smooth honey wine and it had a slightly unpleasant bite to it.

"Feyrith found you in the garden?"

Nodding, Isonei answered still smiling, "Yes. My Draeseth sent him scurrying by standing up straight and rolling his shoulders back."

"Draeseth made you feel safe, effortlessly. Was his roughness enthusiasm?"

"Yes. That and he didn't know quite what to do with himself." She could see that Andnaeuth was itching to make a comment and she headed him off. "I almost didn't know what to do with him, I didn't know a man could get that large."

Andnaeuth began to laugh. "Small wonder he did all he could to convince you to stay, it's difficult to find a woman who knows what to do with a large man." He gave her an exaggerated leer making her laugh.

"Oh, is that a problem you share?" Isonei teased him.

"I'd be happy to show you." He fluttered his lashes and grinned.

Isonei couldn't resist grinning back, "You are terrible, your majesty. Didn't you have a queen when I left you last night?"

"Mischievous minx!" Andnaeuth's grin made his eyes sparkle.

"ISONEI!" Draeseth's furious shout made her look up in astonishment. She'd almost expected him to be at the end of the table from the sound of it.

Standing from the table, Isonei started to the opening of the alcove to look for him.

"Stay, Isonei." Andnaeuth stood and gestured back to her seat.

"He sounds upset."

"He's been told that he won't be taking you to Torga. In his place, any man would be upset, but going to him won't do anything to ease his mind. Stay, Isonei."

Sighing, she chewed the inside of her lip and stopped running her tongue over it realizing she had managed to chew it bloody. "I can't. I need to speak with him, he hasn't done anything wrong." Isonei stepped out of the alcove and heard an argument beginning not far from her behind some of the hedges. She tried to find her way through despite the light headed feeling overtaking her. More than a bite of food would have been wise. Draeseth hadn't eaten either, he might calm if they had a meal together and she could reassure him he'd done nothing wrong.

"It's done, Draeseth. We have to leave. Father will be furious enough without you-"

"She is MINE. I won't leave without my Isonei, let him try to force me."

Rounding the corner she saw Draeseth and Burgath standing in front of the Torgan shrub. Draeseth's hands were in fists and the wrappings looked bloodied. "Draeseth?" She started toward him and he swayed before storming at her. Isonei held out her hands placatingly, "Draeseth-" The wind was knocked out of her as he grabbed her and slung her over his shoulder indecorously.

Isonei tried to push herself up and catch her breath but Draeseth bounced her on his shoulder savagely each time she tried to move and the angle she was hung over his shoulder didn't let her breathe well. She began to feel dizzy as if she'd had too much wine. As she faded out of consciousness she heard someone ask if she were breathing.