For The Good Times

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,721 Followers

One time Becky tried to get me up to sing and I told her that would be the day when I got up to sing in front of everyone. It would be a day she would always remember. Of course, she just laughed. We were both happy with the way our relationship was progressing slowly.

One day she called and said that Julie had her baby and it was a brown haired baby boy. Of course, I had brown hair but so did her husband Henry when he was younger. Of course, Henry's was getting pretty grey now.

A few more months passed, and I decided to go for broke. I was going to ask Becky to marry me. I wanted to do it in a manner she would never expect. I contacted her parents and brother as well as my parents and siblings. I asked them if they would all come to the karaoke bar on Saturday. Becky was going to sing and I was going to sing also.

I didn't tell anyone anymore than that. I didn't say anything to Becky. I contacted the lounge manager and told him of my plans and to make sure enough seats were reserved for the family but I wanted them seated throughout the lounge. I didn't want it to look conspicuous. I had a front row table for two for me and Becky.

At the precise time we discussed, the DJ asked Becky to sing. She had no idea that our families were seated throughout the lounge. Even her son Jimmy was there. She stood up and began singing 'Somewhere over the Rainbow'. I doubt if there was a dry eye in the place when she finished. After they dimmed the spotlight, she noticed all the relatives throughout the lounge. They were all giving her a standing ovation which she very much deserved.

When she came back to our stage-side table, she told me she saw a lot of our family seated throughout the lounge. She asked me what was going on. I told her that I invited them because I was going to sing tonight. The minute she heard me she said, "What?"

I didn't answer her because the DJ announced that there was a special number tonight. He said my name and I got up to walk on the stage. I looked around and saw all the people and saw most of the family spread around the lounge. I took the microphone and said I had a song to sing to a very special person.

The intro music started and I began to sing "Please Love Me Forever".

"Please love me forever. Can't forget you never; our love was meant to be. Please don't stop loving me."

I stopped singing and with the music playing softly in the background, I walked down to our table and kneeled on one knee in front of Becky. I reached into my pocket and pulled out an engagement ring.

"Becky, I love you and I'm pretty sure you love me. Will you marry me? I told you that the day I'd sing in public you'd always remember."

The music stopped and you could hear a pin drop. Everyone was waiting for Becky's answer. She had tears in her eyes and both hands over her mouth. It seemed like an eternity but was only a few seconds.

Becky took the microphone and said, "Jeff, I love you with all my heart and soul and, yes, I want to be your wife."

The place erupted as Becky stood up and we kissed. Everyone came forward to congratulate us. Of course, our mothers were crying and our dads were proud. Jimmy gave his mother a big hug and a kiss and he shook my hand but then I gave him a big hug.

We figured we would get married in about five months. I have to admit that I was really happy. We began making our wedding plans and our invitation list. It was funny but everyone who was at the karaoke bar asked if they could attend. We did set an address book out there to let people sign and we would go over it.

Becky's best friend Dorothy was going to be the Matron of Honor. My brother Grant was going to be best man. I was surprised when Becky told me Julie said she and Henry were going to attend. We really didn't think she would come to the wedding, mainly because of her busy schedule and, of course, because we dated when we were younger.

---------------------------------

On the eve of our wedding, we were having our rehearsal. Julie and Henry came to the church with their two kids, their daughter Samantha and their son Jeremiah. Of course, everyone stopped for a few minutes to see the young child and to say hello to Julie and her family.

I did feel a bit odd when I saw the little boy. He really didn't look at all like Henry but he did favor Julie quite a bit. I stepped outside for a breath of fresh air. A few minutes later, I turned and saw Julie standing there. I was at a loss for words.

"Congratulations, Jeff, " she said. "You are really getting a good woman in Becky. I almost wish I could change lives with her. I know people think I have it all but it's really Becky that has it all: a great guy, a wonderful son, a good job. I've never seen her so happy.

"I'm not stupid and I know you're wondering about Jeremiah. No one knows about us at the reunion, not even Becky. She's a very intelligent woman and probably wonders about the timing of the birth. There is a good chance that Jeremiah is yours but I won't have him tested. Henry's a good man and a proud father. I would never have a paternity test run and take a chance of ruining my marriage. I just thought you should know.

"We should never have slept together but it happened. If Jeremiah is the result, then I'm actually happy about it. You take good care of my little sister. I honestly wish you both the best."

Julie then turned and went back into the church. I stood there wondering if it was something I should keep from Becky. I was really torn inside. Did I want to start off my marriage with a secret like this. What if it came out sometime in the future? I wasn't sure what to do. While everyone was in the church visitors center getting ready to go out and eat, I went into the sanctuary and went to the altar and knelt down.

I needed some kind of a sign on what to do. I felt it in my heart. I looked to my side and there was Becky kneeling beside me.

"What is it, Jeff? Is there something you need to tell me?" asked Becky.

We got up and sat in the first pew. "Becky, I don't want to start off our marriage with a secret. The night of the reunion I slept with Julie, and there is a chance that I could have fathered Jeremiah. Julie just told me and said she wasn't going to have him tested. I just didn't want to keep it from you."

"When I saw Jeremiah, and I looked at you, I knew something was wrong. I figured from the beginning when Julie told me about her pregnancy that the baby could be yours. It was woman's intuition. I never brought it up because it happened before we met. How do you want to deal with it?" asked Becky.

"I was just a sperm donor if even that. I may not even be the father. I have no problem just being the child's uncle. After tomorrow I will have a son, Jimmy."

"Okay, we don't need to ever discuss it again. I love you so much for being so honest with me. Since you're that potent, I would like a little girl," smiled Becky.

"Stop taking the pill and I will do my best starting tomorrow," I replied.

We stood up and kissed and went out hand in hand. Julie looked over at us and I could tell she knew I told Becky. Becky walked up to her sister and gave her a hug and I could hear her say to Julie, "Jeff and I don't have any secrets. He's as good a person as I told you so many years ago."

Epilogue:

Our wedding went off beautifully. People call us the perfect couple. All we do is be totally honest with each other. We communicate knowing that lack of communication is where marriages seem to fail.

Many people have asked why she didn't become a professional singer. She told me it was because she saw what Hollywood did to her sister. She wasn't interested in the limelight; she just liked to sing. We go to the karaoke bar regularly so she can express herself in song.

We read about Julie in the magazines and papers as well as her calling us periodically. It looks like she and Henry are getting along fine. She says her kids are doing fine and growing up fast.

As for us, we like living near a small town and out in the country. We have a full life with Jimmy and the animal clinic. I have more than enough work at the electronics shop. Three months from now our life will be even fuller yet when we welcome our daughter Kimberly into the world.

I found out life really can be good if you wait for the right person to share your life with. I found it with a friend from my childhood. Here's to the good times.

A big thank you to LadyCibelle and Techsan for editing my story and making it a much better read.

Thank you for reading my story. Please read the Ray Price submissions from Miss Lynn and Jake Rivers

Comments are always welcome

DG Hear.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,721 Followers