Forever My Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That was when it had hit him. "Oh God, I am so sorry, Jim, I had completely forgotten. I got caught up in so much work and..." He stopped and hit his head. "...I promise I will make it up to you."

"It's okay, baby." Jim said with a smile.

"But..." He paused and looked at everyone. "...you know..."

"I know you hate parties and that is why I didn't organize any." He said with a nervous smile. "It's only a few people that we love and some workmates."

Before David could answer the question, he heard a voice calling him.

"Happy Anniversary, baby." Claudia rushed to him and wrapped her arms, kissing his cheek. "can't believe my two babies are celebrating another year of being together. God bless the both of you and may no evil eye be cast on you both."

"Thank you so much." Jim blushed, slowly resting his head on his husband's shoulder. "With your blessings, my husband and I will be together forever."

"And that is true." A familiar voice was heard right before Elena emerged, looking like a goddess with Jerome. "Happy anniversary to you both."

David slightly smiled, putting his hands together before he slowly bowed.

"Thank you so much," He nodded.

They talked for a few minutes before they began greeting the guests. There were lots of people, some he could remember and others he couldn't. He talked to a few although he felt the situation was awkward for him. He remembered loving parties but he felt out of place and hence the reason why he didn't like them.

After what felt like hours, he finally got the chance and just sat on a table. He felt tired and sleepy but he knew damn well that party was far from over. Sitting on a chair, he took a glass full of water and emptied it all in his mouth. Then he began searching the whole place to see if he could spot his sister and friend but couldn't see them.

"Great!" He sighed, combing his hair with his fingers. "Guess I am stuck here."

He took a bottle of wine and was about to pour it in a glass when he felt someone pulling on his trouser. He put the bottle down and leaned to see. When he raised the table cloth, he found a little boy staring into his face with a cute smile. He was holding a big brown teddy bear.

The little boy had short, curly chocolate brown hair, a cute round face and a smile that melted David's heart. His mood instantly changed and he felt happiness like a wave take ahold of him. It was something that he couldn't explain.

"Hey, bud, what are you doing there?"

"Playing and hiding from a monster." The little boy answered in his cute voice.

"A monster?" He raised an eyebrow. "But there are no monsters here. Why don't you come out and..."

"No!" He shook his head. "I wanna stay here and play. Come play with me, daddy, please."

David laughed when he heard his son plead.

"Please!"

"Alright, baby, I guess I could use some company."

He got under the table and weirdly enough, it was very big to accommodate him. He took the child on his lap and held him tightly, enjoying the warmth and love he felt. No one had ever made him feel as content as his son made him feel and it was something he appreciated.

"So, tell me, baby, how was school today?"

"It was okay, but I want ice cream and chocolate."

David burst into laughter. "Alright, Michael, why don't you tell daddy all about school and there after, we're gonna get ice cream."

"Yeah!" The boy danced on David's lap and started telling him about how school had gone.

David enjoyed every bit of it and he couldn't stop smiling. He couldn't imagine how life would be without his bundle of joy.

***

The night was cold, the wind a little harsh, blowing the leaves that were on the ground with a rustling sound.

The moon was so high in the sky, lighting up every place like it wasn't night. It was a cold night but the weather was favorable, perfect to brighten every mood. But here he was, standing in the cold, his eyes fixed on the stone that had the name "LEAH" written there.

He was filled with so much sorrow, almost like someone was slowly cutting him with a hot knife. He wore a black shirt with a black designer trouser with his hair covered with a black cloth. Even from afar, someone could tell he was in so much pain.

His watery eyes closed as he stared at the inscription on the stone and tears, clear as spring water flowed down his cheeks. He felt lonely as he stood there, trying to gather himself while silent tears silently ran down his cheeks from sorrow.

He dropped to his knees and robotically moved his hand to touch the stone. As soon as he did, flashing images began playing in his mind.

"My child! Save my baby. She's not breathing."

He let out a gut-wrenching wail, feeling weak.

"Leah!" His voice sounded like I was made of gravel. His clear tone was undercut with a choking heaviness. "Leah, dad is here. Dad is back and... and the pain still feels the same, maybe even worse. Forgive daddy for going away so long, baby, I had no choice. I didn't wanna stay away from you for so long but now I am back and I promise I won't leave you ever, my love. Daddy will be with you."

He slowly lay on the grave of his daughter and just let the pain and sadness take control of his life. He was once bright, bubbly, and ambitious, even. He had dreams. His smile would brighten up the room and he was so much in love, he loved so much and, in the end, got so much hurt and lost his hope for happiness.

Now there wasn't any shine in his eyes even when he smiled. It was like a plastic doll, eyes in a daze, distant. His heart and soul had been in with his daughter even when he had been abroad. Now that he was back, so did all the pain and the memories, memories he had thought he'd left behind.

"I love you so much, Leah!"

He let out a strangled sob, his shoulders shaking as he cried.

To be continued...

12