Friends and Live-Ins Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It seemed Marianne was a lady in the streets and a freak in the sheets—even if she'd actually stood beside the bed, while Dora occupied it. When she remembered she still had this sleep mask on, she removed and tossed it...somewhere. She didn't have the energy to get up and leave, get dressed or even stumble into the bathroom. But she hoped Marianne didn't come back either. She was scared. There were a few worries festering on her mind: the lingering sting in both the inside and outside of her rear end, and those nasty, derogatory names Marianne'd called her in the midst of it all. Under normal circumstances, Dora'd never allow someone to speak to her this way. And Marianne's sexual power that allowed her to get away with it also uneased her. Their first time being together had turned out nothing like Dora had imagined. She'd had a little more tenderness in mind, more kissing, mutual loving caresses, and being snuggle-spooned afterwards. And enjoying the beauty of Marianne's nudity as well. Not being butt-reamed with a freakishly infernal dildo, for heaven's sake. She felt more than just frightened and creeped-out. She felt even a bit...violated.

All this added up in Dora's mind to a decision she dreaded making, but had to face. It hurt so much, but...she didn't feel she could see Marianne anymore. She wished she could've just gone back to their last date before this, to return to the blissful days of oblivion to Marianne being such a kinky devil. When she really genuinely liked her. Or thought she did. These brash behaviors may have been in the heat of passion, but couldn't be erased from Dora's mind. She wasn't the sort of girl who could just let these things roll off her back.

She cried, feeling even worse for Marianne's mattress at this point than for herself. She didn't relish having to break the news to her, but she couldn't go through another night of such agony and humiliation. Her tears would make broaching the subject only a bit easier. She just couldn't look at the girl the same way again. She finally summoned the strength to get up from the bed, and drag herself out.

And to tell Marianne what she had to say.

*****

Return To Real Life As We Know It: The Search Is On

late July—early-mid-August 2016

Dora to date had very mixed feelings about her night of being utterly ravaged by Marianne Wallman. As somebody who tried to always look up and keep her glass half-full, she affectionately, privately referred to this as the night she became a woman, as it were. But now that she was one, she elected to own it. And she wouldn't allow anyone to treat her like Marianne did again. Dora was to be no one else's toy, pet, slave, skank puppy, or whatever else she'd been cruelly labeled. As far as Marianne felt, it was all in the context of innocent albeit kinky fun. But when Dora finally worked up the guts to inform Marianne—amongst all else—how these verbal slights had made her feel, Marianne was properly if a bit mildly contrite. She apologized, but Dora was less than convinced she really meant it. When Dora told her she thought they should break up, more tears were shed, but they agreed to move on.

Which led Dora through the next few years of dating. The good thing about never seeing any one woman for too long was she never had to feel as if she were starting over again. She never had so much invested in a relationship to want to stay in it for the wrong reasons. Girls came—sometimes on numerous levels—and went, and while one part of Dora was fine was this, another couldn't help but wonder if it was something in her that kept a relationship from going the distance. Maybe at some point she should take a little one-on-one time to see if there was something she was or wasn't doing that could be worked on.

In the meantime, however, she needed a new roomie. She advertised, putting the word out, working day and night, stopping only for a rest or bite to eat. Inevitably, calls poured in. Dora made up a schedule in her computer to meet and interview potential roomies, on weekday evenings and weekends. When she wasn't doing this, she spent most online time catching up with Susie. August arrived, as did Susanna's new job, which she reported to Dora was overwhelming, but would be rewarding in the long run. Dora remained happy for her. And while she didn't love telling Susie she would have to be replaced, she knew her best buddy would understand.

The first appointment was Tuesday the 2nd, at 7:00 p.m. There hadn't been a wealth of applicants so far, but that was all right; there were enough to get to know over the next few weeks. Rent was due by the end of every month. And Dora could swing August's on her own if need be, a small hit though her bank account would take. She might be able to take care of September's too, but hoped she wouldn't have to. Could she find and settle on someone permanent by mid-September, she figured she'd be all right. So she drew up a list of questions for applicants, and starting on the 2nd, made sure the apartment was just as immaculate as possible.

From then into the following week, she met a wide assortment of folks, spanning from early 20s to late 30s. She offered refreshments and supper—and/or lunch, on the weekends—conducted the interviews, and made notes on each in her laptop. Then of course came the tour. And when the meetings were concluded, Dora thanked them for coming and showed them back out with a cordial "I'll let you know!" Afterwards, she typed out a small summary of each person under their interview notes.

She wanted to take her time and draw out the meetings to really get to know these folks, for obvious reasons. Dora was friendly, hoped for a similar sort to decide on, and secretly also wished for a bit of friendship in her new flatmate. She couldn't expect it, and wouldn't get deflated if it didn't happen, but a girl could dream. And honestly, it didn't matter if she chose a gal or a guy. Her home was gender-neutral. She just made sure to say upfront that she was a lesbian, in case it concerned anybody. Thus far, no one really seemed to care.

On Saturday, August 13th, she had two appointments: one in the mid-late-morning, and one in the afternoon. By now she'd interviewed just over a dozen people. Predictably, she felt good about some and not as great about others. She wished they could all stay fresh in her mind for optimum comparison. Perhaps none would measure up to Susie, but she had to put that out of mind. Susie was gone. She had a whole new life now. Dora still got wistful missing her, singing to herself, "...For I come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee..."

A little after 5:00, she concluded her second interview du jour. Neither of today's applicants had particularly blown her mind, but oh well. She was by now mentioning to everyone that though she hadn't chosen, she'd met with about fifteen people, and was sure they all understood making this choice would be difficult. She also made sure to note that meeting earlier or later made no impact. No one would be "penalized" just for scheduling a later interview. Yet, as she shut the door one more time, she felt the decision taking its toll. There wasn't really anyone with whom she could recall falling in love—or deep like—as a roomie, and time wasn't slowing down for her. She needed someone who could afford his or her half of rent, and it was also desirable to be able to click with the person. And Dora just didn't know if this person had or would come along. Perhaps she should ask one or two to come back for a second meeting, she thought, slipping into the kitchen for some pretzels. Just to refresh herself and see if there was any chemistry. Or perhaps—

Knock-knock-knock-knock-knock.

Dora turned back to the door. That was funny, she wasn't expecting anyone else. She strode back over and looked through the peephole.

Oh...uh...wow...

There was a beautiful woman on the other side of the door. Strawberry blonde with dark blue eyes. Dora unlocked and opened it.

"Yes?"

"Hi," her visitor said. "Sorry if this isn't the right place, or I should've called first, but someone told me you're looking for a roommate?"

Something inside Dora awoke.

"Um, well, yes, yes, I am...did...but, did you say you didn't call? Did you have an appointment?"

"No, neither. Sorry again about that. I was just in the neighborhood, and I couldn't remember the number."

Dora nodded. "Oh, I see..."

"Yeah, look, I'm sorry," the woman apologized a third time. "I should probably go. I can call you, and set up a time to come back."

"Uh—no, wait!" Dora insisted, reaching to stop her before she left. "I-I mean, that's...it's okay. You're, well, already here now, and...I have the rest of the evening free. You wanna come in?"

"Oh. Well, are you sure?"

"Yes!" Dora nodded again, sans hesitation. "Please! I can certainly squeeze in one more tonight. C'mon in!

"And I'm Dora, by the way. Dora Cunningham. And you are?"

"Oh," the mysterious and beautiful visitor held out her hand.

"Savanna. Nice to meet you."

To be continued in part two!