Frigate Cove Ch. 09-10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Uhhm, that's the way to come home from work," she smiled, kissing him again in return.

"How was your day?" she asked.

"Unusual, to say the least," Cam smiled.

"Oh? How so?"

"About eleven this morning I had a visitor. Andrea, my ex-fiancée, showed up on our doorstep."

"Really! What did she want?" Glynnis asked, wide-eyed.

"Money. She decided we were still engaged and she wanted to resurrect our relationship."

"Whaaat! You're kidding. After five years? Is she crazy?"

"No ... not crazy, just greedy. She saw my books and decided I was now a rich author and that we should get together again. I shot that down in a hurry. So ... then she threatened me with a breach of promise suit. She still had the ring I gave her as evidence. I told her, go ahead and sue."

"You didn't? Do you think she will?"

"Oh, she'll try, but I called Aaron and he said she can't sue me in either Ontario or B.C. civil court. So, she's out of luck jumping on the gravy train."

The grin on Glynnis's face was telling. "She came out all this way to get shot down. That's perfect!" she cried. "I thought she was broke?"

"She was when I left, but who knows. Maybe she came into some money. Maybe she got another credit card. Whatever, I doubt she'll be back."

"Were you worried?" she asked.

"No," Cam assured her, shaking his head. "I called Aaron just to be sure, but I was right not to be concerned. There will be no big payday for her."

"Good! So, that puts a final chapter on her story," Glynnis smiled.

"Hey, you're getting pretty good at the writer metaphors," Cam laughed.

"Well, if I'm going to marry a famous author, I should be able to converse in his world."

"And how was your day?" Cam asked, wrapping her once more in his arms.

"Just fine. I really like working with Howard. He's a really nice man and an honest businessman. I feel very good about being able to contribute to his success. It's tough for a small businessman to make it in that business. The big chain stores can really undercut him on price. But Howard just goes along offering extra service and good products. I guess in a little village like this one it's ideal for him. He has a lot of loyal customers."

"Well, I'm happy that you're enjoying your job. You don't have to work, as you well know," Cam reminded her.

"I know, but enjoy it and it keeps me busy. Perhaps when I'm pregnant with our child I'll feel differently. I talked to Howard about it and he's suggesting half days when the time comes. He doesn't want to lose me and I owe him a lot for being willing to take a chance on me and to let me do new things for him."

"You go ahead and do what you think is right, Glynn. You know I'll support you."

"I know," she said, kissing him. "That's what makes it so easy to love you. You do support me ... in every way."

~*~

"Hello, Mister Stuart, it's Valerie at Inland Security. I have some information for you. Would you like me to e-mail it to you?"

"Oh, that was quick. Uhhm, yes, e-mail is fine. Were you able to get all the information I was looking for?"

"Yes. It was quite a simple task, actually."

"So, what do I owe you?" Cam asked.

"Nothing, Sir. We barely spent enough hours to warrant the retainer, so we can send you a receipt for the investigation with the report."

"Okay, that's great. Thank you very much for the quick work and if I ever need your services again, I'll be sure to call."

"Our pleasure, Mister Stuart. Say ... are you the author of those books about the War of 1812?"

"Yes, I am."

"Oh, my father loved them. Now he's reading your newest books about the British Navy. You've got a loyal reader in him," she said with an upbeat voice.

"Thank you very much, Valerie. I'll send you an autographed copy of my newest book for your father. I should be getting my advance copies in a week or so."

"Oh, that would be wonderful. Thank you so much. Please address it to Valerie Chisholm at this address. It will make a wonderful surprise post-Christmas present for my dad."

"My pleasure, Valerie. You'll hear from me soon,"

This was either the third or fourth promise he'd made for a copy of his latest, so he was writing the names down on a list in order not to forget. He heard the ding on his computer telling him that an e-mail had arrived and he quickly checked his file. Sure enough, it was from Inland Securities. The attachment was a PDF file with the full report. He opened it and began to read.

Bradley Roger Lester, age 34, no longer resident at Vidette Road address. He is now residing at Lot 16B, Riverview Mobile Home Park. He is a part-time employee at a trucking firm as a swamper, filling in for vacationing, sick, or absent dock employees. As far as ISS can determine, he is taking cash for his hours, no benefits, and hasn't reported any income earnings on his taxes for the past year. He is currently living with a woman, Delores Catanzaro, age approximately forty, who owns the trailer and works as a waitress at the Sip & Bite Café.

Lester has been cited for Driving with a Blood Alcohol count over 0.08 in August and had his license lifted for six months as a second offense. There is no other record of any encounters with the law. He appears to be a regular at a local tavern in East Kamloops, catching a ride with whomever was going in the direction of his lady friend's trailer. There is no other meaningful information regarding subject at present.

Cam moved the PDF email to a private file. He had what he wanted. There was little if any chance that Brad Lester would show up unexpectedly. He wondered again what Glynnis could possibly have seen in him, but discarded the concern. She was his now, and that's all that mattered to him.

To Be Continued