Georgie Girl Ch. 07-09

Story Info
Double Jeopardy.
15.8k words
4.84
39.7k
25
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/15/2022
Created 05/21/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,597 Followers

Authors Note: This story was edited by ErikThread and DaveT with my thanks and appreciation. Any errors are mine alone. It previously was posted on another site.

Georgie Girl

Chapter 7 Hey There, Georgie Girl

I have some vague memories of being attended to by a paramedic and being lifted onto a gurney and into a van. I saw Georgette once or twice, but I don't remember what she was doing. I remember being rolled into what I thought might be an operating room, and then nothing until I started to wake up.

The room was dimly lit and it took me a couple of attempts to focus my eyes before I concluded I was in a hospital room. I appeared to be by myself. I could see several tubes and two bags of fluid on a stand, along with a fancy monitor that was showing my heart rate. Good news. I was still alive.

I could turn my head and when I did I saw the huddled figure of Georgette curled up on a chair in the corner, asleep I assumed.

"Hey there ... Georgie Girl," I croaked, trying to be a comedian.

"John!" she cried, jumping up and coming to me.

I felt her cool hands on my face and her kisses on my forehead as her tears splashed down into my eyes.

"Oh, God, Johnny, I was so scared. I thought you were going to die. I saw that knife sticking out of you and all the blood. I thought you might be dead," she cried.

"You and me both," I said, my voice not sounding like it usually did. "Can I have some water? My throat feels awful."

"Here," she said, passing me her water bottle.

I took a sip and immediately felt better. Seconds later a nurse entered the room and snatched the bottle out of my hands.

"What are you doing with that? It's not sanitary. If you wanted water, then press the button," she said in a firm but not angry tone.

"Sorry," I said. "I just woke up."

She opened a door and came back a few moments later with a foam cup, a flexible straw and some cool water.

"There you go. Fresh, clean water from the Sierras," she smiled.

"Thanks. What time is it?"

"Just after eleven."

"So, I've been in here for a couple of hours then?"

"Eleven in the morning, young man. You were in surgery for over three hours. Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with knives?" she asked with a smile.

I put my head back on the pillow and noticed the control panel for the bed. I found the button to raise my head and immediately I could feel some stress on my chest. I wasn't sure what it was, but I assumed it had to do with the slash I had received in the fight. It was coming back to me now. I should have been frightened to death, but I was too stupid to be, I guess.

"What happened after I hit him?" I asked Georgette. "Did he get away?"

"No ... you knocked him out long enough for the sheriff's department to take him away. He's probably in the Tahoe City jail. I told the sheriff we'd press charges for attempted murder and all the other things he's guilty of. Father said he spoke to the county attorney's office and asked them not to grant bail. He's a threat to all of us."

"He didn't look like he was in his right mind from what I could tell," I said, my voice now beginning to return.

"He isn't," she agreed. "He's crazy and probably has been for a while. He needs to be locked up for a long time."

"So, you told your dad what happened?"

"Yes. He and mother and Nan came right away. They're at the lodge, cleaning up the mess."

"I'm sorry about that, I really am. I need to phone my parents and let them know I'm okay."

"Already done," she smiled, kissing my forehead again. "My father called them."

"How?"

"I found their number in your wallet. They're both on the way. They should be in Reno soon. Father and Mother are picking them up at the airport and bringing them here. Nan's at the lodge with my aunt and uncle. Nan will be along to visit later. She was all set to take my father's shotgun and shoot Brad."

"I bet she was. She really is someone special, Georgette."

"I notice you allow her to call you Johnny. That must mean she's special."

"I used to hate it when Ginny called me that, but I figured out why after we split up. When she said it she was trying to tell me that she was in charge. It was like she was belittling me in a small way. I didn't really catch on until Nan called me Johnny that first time and I didn't mind. With her, it was a term of affection, like when she calls you Georgie-Girl."

"You called me Georgie-Girl when you woke up," she smiled.

"Do you mind?"

"Not at all ... as long as it's you. Special privilege for a special man."

"In that case, I can live with Johnny from Nan and you," I grinned, taking her hand and squeezing it."

As if on cue, a short, balding man entered the room. The smock and the stethoscope were a give-away. He was my doctor, I presumed.

"Nice to see you awake and alert already Mr. Smith. By the way, is that your real name?" he grinned.

"Yes sir, it is," I said with chuckle and immediately regretting it.

"I don't recommend laughing, coughing or sneezing for the next little while. You're going to find it uncomfortable until the wounds heal. I'm Doctor Hilliard, by the way."

Georgette had stepped back and was sitting in the chair, listening to the conversation.

"How much damage did he do?" I asked.

"The slash on your chest is pretty much superficial. It wasn't deep, but it took something like thirty staples to close it. The puncture wound was another matter. In a way you were quite lucky. He only nicked a kidney and an artery, but you lost a lot of blood and it took us a while to find and repair the damaged bits. You should recover with no after-effects at all as far as I can see."

"How long will I be here?"

"I'd like to keep you in for another forty-eight hours just to make sure there's no infection and the sutures are holding. Then, you can go home and rest for a couple of weeks. I'd say a month from now you'll be back to something resembling normal activity."

"But I've got classes. I'm in college. Third year engineering. I can't afford to miss class."

"I can't help you there," he said. "Perhaps if you talk to the college, they can arrange something for you at home. You're going to need some help for a couple of weeks, so home is the best place."

"My home is in Coeur d'Alene and my school is in San Francisco."

"Don't worry, John," Georgette interrupted, "It's all taken care of."

"It is?"

"We'll talk about it later."

"Is there anything else I should know?" I asked, looking from the doctor to Georgette.

"I'll be around to check on you tomorrow afternoon," the doctor said, "and if everything looks okay on Saturday, we can release you."

"I'm getting a headache," I told Georgette as the doctor left. "Do you mind if I close my eyes for a few minutes."

"Of course not, darling," she smiled, kissing my forehead and then lightly on my lips as I faded away.

When I awoke, the room was dark again. I looked up at the clock over the doorway and it read four-fifteen. My headache was still there but wasn't quite as intrusive. I was thirsty again and remembering the lecture from the nurse, I pushed the call button. She appeared in less than a minute.

"May I have some water please ... and maybe something for a headache?"

"I can give you one Tylenol, Mr. Smith. That's all for now because of the pain medication you're on. You've got a big bump on the back of your head and I guess that's what's giving you the headache."

She stepped into the bathroom and returned with another cup of chilled water along with one pill. I took the pill and sipped the water gratefully.

"How are you feeling? Are you up to seeing your parents?"

"Oh ... they're here. Yes ... please."

She left, moving quickly and two minutes later my parents were ushered into my room.

"Just ten minutes for now, please folks," the nurse requested. "He hasn't been out of surgery very long."

I could see the red in my mother's eyes and I knew she had been crying.

"Hi Mom. Hi Dad. I'm sorry to bother you like this. A lousy way to celebrate the New Years, eh?"

"Oh John, we were so worried," Mom cried emotionally. "We couldn't believe someone had stabbed you. We're so happy that you're going to be all right. Mr. Fulton ... Thomas ... told us all about what happened."

"He says you're a hero, John," my father smiled. "You saved his daughter's life as far as he's concerned. He and Sarah are two very relieved parents, and so are we."

"I don't feel much like a hero, Dad. I was scared to death and was forced to defend myself. I don't ever want to be in that situation again."

"Well, it's over now, so you can concentrate on getting better," my mother said. We'll be here over New Years and I'll be staying with you until you can get around on your own. The doctor said it would be about two weeks."

"Who's looking after the inn?"

"We just brought in an assistant manager and he's about to get his baptism of fire," Dad said. "Luckily, he's experienced in hotel management and knows what to do. I'll be back by Monday or Tuesday, so we should be okay. Jared should be fine until I get back. He's got my cell phone number, and he knows he can call me if he's concerned about anything."

"Where are we going to stay, Mom? There's no room at the apartment."

"I've been told we'll be staying with Sarah's mother, Nanette. She has two spare bedrooms and will welcome the company. She was hopping mad about that guy who attacked you. I think she would have gone after him if she'd had half a chance," Mom said with a wrinkled smile.

"It was Georgette's ex-husband. I think he's nuts. Delusional. He'd come up here to take her 'home' he said. Did you know he beat her when they were married?"

"We heard all about it from Sarah and Thomas on the way here," Mom said. "They are wonderful people, by the way. We stopped at the lodge and left our bags there. It's really a magnificent place, isn't it?"

"They've been very nice to me too," I agreed. "I haven't met Georgette's aunt and uncle yet, but I imagine they are here now."

"Yes, and they've made us very welcome too," Dad said. "Devon and Mary if I remember correctly."

I nodded. "That's right. Well, you've done better than I have then. You've met everyone. But where's Georgette?"

"She's been sent home to get some sleep," Mom said. "Did you know she was with you every minute that you've been in here until we arrived? The only time she wasn't beside you was when you were in the operating room. When were you going to tell us about her?"

"I did, if you'll remember. I said I had a girlfriend, but that it wasn't serious because of my studies."

"I get the feeling she's a lot more than just a girlfriend," Dad said with a smile.

"Yeah ... she is. That's just happened. I realized she was important to me when I was home for Christmas. I was having a hard time accepting that she was interested in me. You probably noticed that she's a bit older than me."

"So what?" my mother said, shocking me. "If she's the right one, then it doesn't matter. Besides, she's not that much older."

I looked at Dad and he was smiling that smile he has when mother was stating the obvious.

"I'm glad you feel that way," I told them. "It's a big load off my mind. I wasn't sure how you'd feel about it."

"I might have been a little more concerned about her family wealth if I hadn't met her parents," Dad said. "They are very down-to-earth people and instantly likable. Of course, they have a very high opinion of you, John." "None of this was planned, you know. It just happened. She saw something in me that attracted her and after I got to know her a bit, I felt the same way. I'm still a little shell-shocked that she's chosen me. It just didn't seem possible ... and yet it is."

"Well, based on her actions, there isn't much doubt how she feels about you," Mom said. "I want to get to know her better. She isn't at her best right now and she needs to get some rest and recover from a horrifying experience. So do we, for that matter. I think our ten minutes is up, Carter. We'd better get going. We'll see you tomorrow, John. Sleep well, dear."

After a kiss from Mom and a light handshake from Dad, they left. I was tired again and allowed my eyes to close. I didn't awaken until after ten that evening. I'd been aware of a catheter in my penis, so I could relieve myself when I needed to, but once again, the headache was back and I was thirsty. I pushed the button and a new nurse arrived a minute or so later.

"May I have some water and a Tylenol please? My headache is back."

"Let me check with the resident and make sure the Tylenol is okay. In the meantime, I'll get you some water."

I guess she was persuasive enough that I was allowed another pill and within an hour I was asleep again. I woke up a couple of times during the night, but willed myself to relax and go back to sleep. When I awoke at seven the next morning, I was aware of two things: my headache was almost gone and I was hungry. I pressed the magic button and waited.

This time it was five or so minutes before another nurse appeared.

"Happy New Year. Would you like some more water, Mr. Smith?"

"Yes, please ... and I'm hungry. What's the chance of getting something to eat?"

"Let me check with your doctor. He should be here in about an hour. I'm glad to hear you have an appetite. That's a good sign," she smiled.

"Okay, but if you hear something that sounds like thunder coming from this room, it'll be my stomach demanding satisfaction," I said with a grin.

"Well, a sense of humor too, I see. That goes a long way to getting our cooperation, you know."

"I'm counting on you, Miss. I'm hoping you can keep a man from starving on your ward."

"I'll do what I can," she smiled again. I was praying she'd succeed.

Doctor Hilliard arrived just after eight, striding into my room with a smile.

"Happy New Year, Mr. Smith. I hear you're interested in some solid food ... even if it is hospital food," he chuckled.

"Yes, I am hungry."

"Good. That's a good sign. Let me just check on your incisions and make sure everything is okay. In the meantime, the nurse is checking your recent urine samples to make sure your plumbing is working properly. We'll take the catheter out and get you up and walking ... at least to the washroom."

He peeled back the bandages over my chest and examined me carefully.

"Good ... no sign of seepage and no indication of infection. So far, so good. As soon as I have an all clear from the lab, I'll let them know you can start on solid food."

"Thanks. I guess I missed New Years last night. How was it?"

"Well, in my home it was pretty quiet since I was on duty today. There were fireworks on the other side of the lake that were quite spectacular. We're saving the champagne for tonight when I'm off duty for a couple of days. I will drop in tomorrow though, and with luck we may be able to release you. Let me just have a look at that bump on the back of your head while I'm here. I noticed you took a Tylenol last night. Did that help?"

"It must have because I went back to sleep and when I woke up this morning it was gone."

"We x-rayed you when you were admitted and there was no sign of fracture and so far no symptoms of concussion. The paramedics thought you banged your head on the edge of the counter when you dropped to the floor. If you've got an appetite that would rule out nausea, so I think it's just a bad bruise that was giving you the headaches. Do you have a family doctor nearby?"

"No ... I'm just a visitor here. I don't even have one in San Francisco other than the student health services. My family doctor is in Coeur d'Alene."

"Well, find a clinic near where you live and if you have recurring problems with headaches or any other symptoms from your trauma, see a doctor right away. We can transfer your medical records instantly once we have approval."

"Okay. I'll do that as soon as I get back there."

Less than an hour later, an orderly arrived with a cart and a tray of food. It was a pretty bland breakfast, but I was hungry and I didn't have any trouble eating it all without any upset. I was also told I was now on the regular schedule and I'd be getting a lunch in a couple of hours. That was even better news. I took this as a good sign.

When I was finished with my tray, it was put out in the hallway and a nurse came and removed the catheter. Very slowly and gently, she helped me rise and get out of bed. It took me a few seconds to overcome the dizziness and stand on my own. I wasn't very steady, but together we walked to the washroom and I was left in privacy. When I was done, I got up, still a bit unsteady, but splashed some water on my unshaven face and felt better. I made it back to my bed without incident.

My parents arrived just after ten o'clock and Nan was with them. I know I gave her a big smile and she gave me one in return.

"Hi Nan. Good to see you. I wish it were in better circumstances."

"Don't you worry about that, Johnny. I'm just glad you're alive and kicking. You didn't even put a dent in the frying pan," she laughed.

"Hi Mom, Hi Dad. You caught up on your sleep yet?"

"Yes," Mom said with big smile. "That house is so quiet and comfortable that we slept in this morning. We're going to have to visit you in shifts. Georgette is waiting in the little café downstairs, so she'll be up here when we leave."

"How is she? She was looking pretty rough last night. I hope she got some sleep too."

"Yes, I think you can rest easy on that," Dad said. "She's looks much better this morning and I can see why you would be attracted to her. She's a very beautiful young woman, John."

"She is, isn't she," I agreed.

"How are you feeling?" my mother asked.

"Much better, Mom. I'm on solid food and everything looks good with my recovery. I'm planning on getting out of here tomorrow."

"Wonderful," she said.

"How was your New Years Eve?"

"Very quiet," Dad said. "Your mother fell asleep on the couch but woke up in time to watch the fireworks on the far shore. The view from that front window was great. We could see everything. After that, we had a glass of champagne with our new friends and went to bed. We didn't have any trouble getting to sleep."

"You stayed up too, Nan?"

"I sure did. Wouldn't miss it for the world. They always put on a great show at midnight."

"I'm sorry I missed it, but I wouldn't have been very lively company."

"Thomas got it all on his video camera, so your can see it when you get back to the lodge," Dad said.

We talked for a bit, with Nan sitting on the edge of the bed. She had taken a very protective attitude toward me and I'm sure my parents noticed. My grandparents were still alive, but except for Grandfather Smith, we weren't any closer than I felt Nan was. I'm not sure why, but that's how it seemed to me.

They left after a half hour and I was alone for less than five minutes when Georgette came in. I got a gentle hug and a not-so-gentle kiss from my girl.

"Feeling better?" I asked.

"Yes ... much better, love. There's a rumor going around they might let you come home tomorrow. Any truth to that?"

"I'm counting on it. So far no problems, and as long as Doctor Hilliard gives me the okay, I'll be back in the lap of luxury once more."

"You'll be back in my lap if I have anything to do with it," she claimed, covering my lips with another, deep kiss.

"Our parents are getting along really well, don't you think?" I suggested.

"I'm not surprised. They must be great people to have a great son like you. I think the biggest surprise, though, is my mother. You should have heard her talk about you to your parents. If there was one person I worried about, it was her. Not any more," she grinned.

"That's great. I feel so much better that everyone gets along. I still haven't met your uncle and aunt, but I'm sure I'll like them too."

coaster2
coaster2
2,597 Followers