Gloria's Second Wedding Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well I guessed Gloria is more than a pretty face."

"You're on to it Thelma but keep this confidential. Gloria has a masters in media communications and has worked in marketing and in public relations with a couple of very big organizations."

"Omigod Buck, keep this up and you'll fly in as a winner."

"Well if I put a foot wrong or someone begins a smear campaign, I have Jessie Lime as my consultant on legal matters."

"Omigod, the word is out that Jessie will become a future district Attorney for this county if she wants the position. You have a really good team around you. Well done."

"Thanks Thelma. I take it you're willing to be a member of the team as a trusted adviser."

"Omigod yes."

"Great. I'll place you on the top list for executive-level communications."

Satisfied with that conversation outcome, Buck sat and was cutting his toenails when Amelia West called.

"It's Amelia Buck. Thank you, thank you for making my daughter so happy. I was beginning to doubt that I'd ever see my daughter like her old self again."

"I guess I don't have to tell you it's a real pleasure Amelia?"

"No you don't," she giggled. "I have a fertile imagination. Buck I have been making a list of all the people I know rather well in this city. I've come up with a list of more that two hundred, many of them being couples of course. I just want you to know if you want a big group of people to call households within the city's boundaries on a telephone campaign then I can guarantee roping in a big number of volunteers."

"Oh that's great. It will be part of Gloria's duties to initiate that but there will be a coordinator. I recall you know Thelma Eliot."

"Yes, I went through school with Thelma Harrington as she was in those days and we went on to gain our teaching qualifications together and we have remained close friends and even taught at a couple of schools together. Will Thelma be the coordinator of phone surveys?"

"Yes."

"I'll call her now. Bye Buck. You could win this thing by a landslide."

"Who really knows? I say we need to contest this thing right to the line."

"Good boy. I like it."

Brett called Buck and said Jessie had been working long hours. He'd been thinking of taking her out fishing on Sunday but they had accepted an invitation to a christening to be followed by a lunch party.

"I can't leave the store on Saturday because it's our biggest day of the week by far. Will you take Jessie out?"

"I'll say yes but being a smart woman she'd say no."

"She'd already said yes."

"Jesus."

"What's the problem, it's only fishing?"

"But if she wants good fishing the best place at this time of year is Skipper's pool."

"Right I was going to suggest that spot."

"The last two miles in is a semi-washout. There will be no one else around. I'm sorry Brett but I have to think of my reputation in standing for election. You know what rumors can do."

"Then take someone else."

"Who, Gloria West?"

"A great choice. The three of you can talk election strategy and specific tactics. What a productive day it will be for the three of you."

"Well I suppose that would be okay. I'll call Jessie and explain."

Buck called Jessie and she called back when free of her client.

"Oooh, great idea. Are you thinking of a threesome?"

"Jessie!"

"Sorry she giggled. "I seem to have this urge to display roguish humor when I'm talking to you. I really was joking. Please take me fishing. I've already arranged for mom and dad to come over and mind Katie."

"Okay. You have my address. We'll be ready to leave at 5:00 if that's okay and will head back home around 11:00 because by then the fish won't be active much before 4:30."

"Oh brilliant. If I'm away all day dad gets grumpy. I'll get them here by 7:50, as that's when Brett leaves for the store. Um Gloria won't mind me coming with you guys will she?"

"I believe she'll love having you with us. Oh she shifts in to live with me on Friday. We have been romancing since about the time Ana was with you."

"Lucky boy but what your reputation?"

"I have that under control."

"I read the interview in this morning's newspaper. You handled that well, not giving out election planks at this early stage. Well done."

"Thanks. I guess Gloria and I should meet with you and Brett shortly to discuss strategies. Timing will become important in my view."

Gloria and Buck had fitted out the house and had it looking lovely and by the time she moved in on Friday the new curtains and blinds and all the new light fittings were in place.

She walked into the dressing room calling how much space could she have.

"I have taken the small bit across the end that dad had. You can have everything else."

She boggled and came out and said, "That is ridiculous. You also take the return back to the doorway."

"Whatever you say Gloria. I'm keen to make your transfer of homes as seamlessly as possible."

"Oh you darling man," she said and rushed him and took him on the carpet, meeting no resistance.

When they lay on the new carpet recovering, Gloria said, "Are you really intending proposing marriage and going ahead with it on that given date?"

"Yes, with your acceptance."

"I rather like the idea. I think it's very romantic although I'm aware it's your concept of a wedding by design to achieve more than one purpose."

"Well?"

"I'll let you know after our compatibility has been put you test."

"Right, good thinking. Tell me when you're ready to begin planning for the big day."

She said of course.

"Um Gloria, I'm taking this woman fishing tomorrow and need you to accompany us. Um she's married."

"That's fine."

"Is that all you have to say? Where is the cross-examination?"

"I know who she is and said it was fine. Jessie Lime called me last night to explain the arrangement and to ask if it was acceptable to me and that if I didn't go it could compromise your reputation if any of your election foes found out you'd taken her into the wilderness alone."

"Jesus she called you?"

"Yes. Very astute of her don't you think. You've said nothing about it until now."

"I um, ah. I think it's great how sensitive women can be and how well they communicate."

"Is that a complimentary comment," Gloria said suspiciously.

"Yes, of course. Absolutely and thanks for being so cooperative and so understanding."

"It's my pleasure. I would have appreciated being asked at the time this arrangement was negotiated."

"Oh yes, sure. I apologize for delaying speaking to you about it."

That angling expedition went well. Jessie took five of the fish, two of which would be given to her parents while the other two stopped fishing after they'd caught the four of the size that satisfied them. They were back in the city just after 9:30 am and the two women parted with a friendship blooming.

Buck was pleased that the three of them appeared to be so well in tune about the election campaign.

More to Come

12