Gloria's Second Wedding Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gloria poked her tongue at her friend. "Well I guess we will let it all hang out, you know choosing our favorite ways. But I have saved my butt for tonight, that is if he's interested."

"Does he know that?"

Gloria sighed and said no but she guessed if she stuck her butt in his face he'd receive a clear message.

"Would you like me to tell him about what awaits him?"

"No thanks. Um Jessie, just how well do you know Buck?"

"He's never had his fingers over me if that's what you mean. I can't say I'm not interested and you are my best friend and... well the answer is no, dammit it."

"God Jessie he's probably fucking every other woman around and laying off you. It must be devastating to know just how much he values his friendship with Brett."

"Yeah he's closer to Brett than any other person other than immediate family and me and if the truth's known, perhaps closer than only with me."

"You take the opportunity if it comes your way."

"Thanks Bunny. You know I believe Buck is not plowing women left, right and center. We know he has this thing about big tits but have you heard any whispers about him plugging women?"

Gloria looked surprised and said no.

"I certainly haven't. I'd have to say at the most perhaps just one or two and he'd be very careful because he loves you and would not like to see you hurt."

"Buck loves me? You have to be joking. Well perhaps he does a bit."

"That's bulldust Bunny and you know it. You stand in front of a fast advancing car and you'll see whether Buck loves you or not."

"You mean he'd be prepared to risk his life for me?"

"Yes although that's probably more to do with gallantry and saving his potential unborn children but there would be some love at the bottom of all that. Yes you can count on Buck to be there for you. I see it in his relationship with Brett. Buck is that kind of guy, a guy always prepared to go the full distance with anything."

"Yeah well you're right about that. Tell me did Brett fuck you more after the year your wedding than in the year leading up to marriage."

"God, give me time to think."

They both laughed but Gloria's mom Amelia came into the bedroom and said, "Come on you two, you haven't all day to lay about laughing."

"Yes Mrs West."

"Jessie I think it's time you began calling me Amelia now that you are maturing as a woman."

"Maturing, oh god," said the 34-year old. They began laughing and Buck's mom came into the room and raised tension by pointedly saying, "The clock's ticking. Buck won't stand around if you're late Gloria."

"What?" Gloria screamed, that bringing the bridesmaids rushing to them along with the two hairdressers and make-up specialist to produce further delays. But Jessie quickly got everything sorted and told the two mothers to start laying out some snacks and cool drinks but no alcohol, that the two bottles of champagne were to drink in the People Mover van taking them to the country club.

"W-what if I choke and c-can't say my lines?"

"Shut up Bunny. You know you'll get my shoe toe ripping into your ankle if you attempt any pathetic behavior. I'd have to do that because that's why brides have a chief bridesmaid, to exercise control."

"God you are a tough slut Jessie."

"Yeah and you remember that. And I don't want you doing a blow job in front of everyone assembled."

Aghast, Gloria said, "You don't mean..."

"I mean blowing your nose hard," Jessie said wickedly.

Gloria considered that and then said shakingly, "I-I might b-be better off without b-bridesmaids."

"Hush this is only nervous talk. Everything is going to be fine darling and we'll have a really great day. Would you like sex to calm you?"

"I-I would have to get out of this dress and it would delay us."

"Darling that was just a tease and y-y-y-you k-know that-that."

They laughed and Gloria said, "God Jessie you are a wonderful friend."

Gloria would remember the ride to her wedding for the rest of her life. It was nothing like her first wedding.

The wedding party hadn't been aware that one of the local radio stations had several times broadcast that the wedding was on that morning and had given the route of the bride and the time she'd be traveling to the county club. However women around the bride were all aware of the lovely photograph of Gloria and Buck on the front page of the Guardian that morning under the heading, 'Popular Mayor Weds Today' and the caption gave brief details including the time of the wedding.

Amelia had snorted, "Fancy calling him popular when Buck has only been in the job five minutes."

His mom had said mildly, "Don't you think Charles won the contest massively by popular vote?"

Amelia had smiled and said, "Yes of course, I hadn't thought of it like that and I guess they paper took your approach. My word you look beautiful in purple, so regal."

At that Jessie had clapped her hands and called, "Guys can we get on with it."

A few minutes later they began filing out, aware that some people had gathered outside in the street to view the bridal party. Many of the neighbors had met the bride of course and called out, "Have a wonderful day Gloria."

Gloria waved and thought it was so sweet.

Once they were seated, the driver of the People Mover called "All aboard for the hottest wedding in the city this year" and slowly moved off, his passengers laughing and Jessie and one of the other bridesmaids popped the champagne corks.

As the van pulled out into the street a patrol car pulled along in front of them and with lights flashing it led them off, siren sounding softly.

"Omigod," cried some of the women.

"The cop at the wheel is the niece of the Chief of Police, Buck knows her," Jessie called.

"How well?" queried one of the bridesmaids and all the younger women including the bride giggled.

"Omigod, look at all the people out on their lawns waving," Amelia called. "I've never seen anything like this in this city for a wedding."

"It's because Gloria is on her way to marry the city's popular Mayor," Jessie said slyly and that raised a big laugh.

A TV crew stopped the bridal party at the gates of the country club and filmed them in the car and they went ahead a bit and waved for the patrol car to proceed up the hill and that brief journey by the two vehicles was also filmed.

The cops paused at the top of the hill to allow the TV crew to get into position to film the bridal party arriving and then pass between all the catering staff standing in two lines to honor them.

"Oh god I'm so excited at last; I need a pee."

Jessie calmed Gloria, "There is a comfort stop arrange for us in the foyer. You and I go in together."

"Ooooh," chorused the two other bridesmaids and that launched Gloria and Jennie into embarrassed giggling.

Once they were all in line again the wedding music commenced and the smiling general manager of the country club, Elizabeth Scott, looking stunning in a very modern black cocktail dress, kissed Gloria lightly on both cheeks and then led the procession into the member's lounge for the ceremony.

As they bridal party neared the low stage the groom and his attendants turned to and smiled at the advancing women.

The bride stepped up the two steps. She had no problem with that in her mid-calf scalloped hemmed dress.

Gloria gave Buck a dazzling smile.

The music stopped and the celebrant cleared her throat noisily.

"Might we get on with it," Buck called loudly.

"Oh glory be," Gloria more than whispered. "I'm having my second wedding."

THE END

12