Hard Choices

Story Info
Sometimes in life we all face hard choices.
2.9k words
3.95
30k
5
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jessy19
jessy19
2,738 Followers

Rose Gallagher gathered the bibles and stacked them neatly on a bookstand. She had finished another long day at the church helping her Uncle, Daniel, who was a priest. Rose had just turned 18 at the time and had volunteered to help her uncle at the church. It was past eight at night and the sky was dark. The night was chilly forcing Rose to put on a soft cotton pink sweater.

"Uncle Dan, I already finished picking up the bibles and song books," Rose said poking her head in her uncle's office.

Dan looked up at his niece and smiled. "Thank you Rosie. I'm almost done here."

Rosie walked into his office. "You don't have to hurry because of me. Look, it's still early outside. I can walk home."

"It might not be safe. Are you sure you will not wait for me?"

Rose nodded. "I'll be fine. I've walked home before."

Dan took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. "Gosh I'm so tired. Ok then, go ahead and walk home. I'll call and let your mother know you'll be home soon."

Rose's smile widened. "Thank you!"

She grabbed her purse and headed out.

* * *

Once out on the streets, Rose picked up her pace and passed a few homeless men sitting near the Salvation Army. The streets were dark, so Rose pulled out a tiny flashlight that was given to her by her uncle which she carried on her key chain.

The cold air was making her shiver. She wished she could have worn pants to church instead of her yellow flower dress. She kept walking. She finally came to an opened field, which was usually a short cut to her home.

Rose pointed the flashlight down to the grown making sure to walk safely in the high grass. As she walked she heard footsteps behind her. Rose's hear pounded but she continued to walk faster. The faster she walked, it seemed the footsteps got louder. She feared to even turn and see who was behind her. It was all too frightening. Feeling shivers going down her entire body, Rose began to run and that's when she felt a strong hand grab her skinny arm.

"Hey! Wait! Where you going pretty girl?" She heard a deep voice ask her.

Rose kept her head down not wanting to look at the stranger.

"Are you deaf or what?" The stranger went on.

Rose finally lifted her face and looked up at the dark shadow. He was a big man, large in size and with facial hair.

"L-Leave me alone," Rose whispered in a frightened voice.

The man laughed loudly. "Hey guys! Look what I found. A sweet princess here."

Rose's eyes widened when she saw three other men approach her. They were all very strong men in their 30's at least.

"Mmm what a sweet piece of ass you found! I want her first," One of the men called out.

Rose heard those dreadful words and struggled to get free from the man's release. The man laughed again and held her closer to him. "Where do you think you're going little girl?"

"Let me go, p-please!" Rose's voice was shaky. Tears streamed down her pretty young face.

"Oh we'll let you go little girl, but not after we have a little fun," One of the men said.

Rose sobbed and gasped as the large man threw her on the ground. Her purse fell off her shoulder and her dress flew up. She cried to crawl to escape, but one of the men grabbed her leg and flipped her on her back. Rose stared up at the evil men and trembled. The first man got down on the ground with her and soon enough Rose's nightmare began.

* * *

"Elaine? It's me Daniel."

Elaine raised her body up. She had fallen asleep again on the couch. "Oh yes, Daniel."

"Listen, Rosie wanted to walk home, so she should be home soon."

Elaine put on her glasses and looked at the clock. "Daniel it's already 8:43, what time did she leave?"

"About 8:15 or so. Hmm I think she probably stopped by a friends house."

"I hope so. I don't like it when she gets home late."

"Don't worry I'm heading home, so if I find her talking to one of her friends outside, I'll let her know to hurry along."

"Thank you. Dinner is ready for both you so hurry on home."

"I shall."

Father Daniel walked down the quiet and lonely streets. Since he had a car accident when he was younger, he feared driving so he always preferred to walk. He knew Rose took the short cut through the fields, which also lead her to her best friend Sara's house. As Daniel walked he heard crying in the fields. He slowed down trying to follow the sounds. As he walked his heart pounded. It sounded like Rose. His eyes widened and he dropped his briefcase as he saw his niece lying on the ground bleeding and naked.

"Rosie! Oh Rosie are you ok?" Father Daniel asked kneeling down to look at his niece.

Rosie sobbed and her entire body quivered. She wasn't able to respond. Her heart was racing with fear, anger and hurt. Daniel threw his coat over her naked body and carried her. He took her home.

* * *

"Rosie? Oh my god!" Elaine cried out when she saw her brother carrying Rose in his arms.

"Danny! W-what…is…is she ok?" Elaine cried.

Daniel laid Rose down on the couch and cried. "I don't know. She will not respond."

"I'm calling the police. It looks like she's been beaten and raped."

Elaine rushed to call the police. Her knees felt weak and her heart was broken.

A few minutes later, the police arrived asking Rose several questions. Rose could not speak. Her eyes were still and she was trembling. After the quick investigation, the police left and Rose lay still staring up at the ceiling. She could still feel the men raping her, beating her. She closed her eyes hoping it was all a bad dream but she opened her eyes and realized it was real.

* * *

"What did the doctor say?" Daniel asked Elaine that night. They had taken Rose to the emergency room.

Elaine sobbed. She fell into her brother's arms for comfort. "Oh Danny, my baby has been hurt so much. They found vaginal and anal tearing. She's going to have a hard time using the bathroom for a long time. I feel so awful Danny, I'm not a good mother!"

Daniel rubbed his sister's back. "No, it was my fault. I should have finished up what I was doing and headed home with her. I'm so sorry Elaine."

Elaine looked up at her brother. He wiped her tears and she saw he began to cry as well. "What is going to happen to her? Will she be ok?"

Danny shrugged. "I'm not sure. I have dealt with rape stories but having it happen to my own family, I wouldn't know what to day. Eventually as time goes by she will recover, but it will take a long time."

Just at that moment, the doctor walked out. "Hello. I'm Dr. Lewiston. Rose will have to stay just for tonight. She is very traumatized and still will not say much. We've given her a sedative so she can sleep."

"I understand," Elaine muttered.

"What time can we pick her up tomorrow?" Daniel asked.

"Noon would be fine. You can come earlier to visit her if you like."

"Can I stay with her tonight?" Elaine asked.

"No. She needs time alone. Right now she not only feels fear, but she probably feels shame too."

"Shame?" Elaine echoed.

"Yes. A lot of girls think if they get raped that it's their fault."

"But it's not her fault!" Elaine cried out.

Daniel held on to his sister's hand. "Elaine, let's just go home for tonight and we'll see Rosie tomorrow."

Elaine took a deep breath and agreed. Both headed back home unable to sleep a wink that night.

* * *

The next day Elaine and Daniel headed back to the hospital. It was only nine that morning. Elaine wanted to see her daughter and to comfort her. Once in her room, Elaine's heart broke. She saw Rose's eyes swollen from how she was beaten. Her mouth was swollen as well. She had bruises all over her arms and legs.

"Look at her Danny. Oh my god!" Elaine cried.

Daniel put his arm around Elaine. "I know. I know."

Rose slowly opened her eyes and a tear ran down her pretty face. Elaine rushed to get a Kleenex. "Oh Rosie, my sweetheart!" Elaine sobbed.

"M-mom," Rose's voice was barely audible.

"Yes baby it's me. Your uncle is here too."

Daniel moved closer to his niece. He stroked her beautiful long brown hair, which was in tangles. "Rosie, I'm here."

Rose moaned in pain. "It h-hurts."

Elaine cried. "Yes, I know. We'll have you home soon. I'm going to take care of you."

Rose stared up at her mother and uncle. She knew her life would never be the same, ever.

* * *

~Two months later~

"Oh no! Mom! Mom!"

Elaine almost dropped a plate she was washing when she heard Rose screaming. She ran to the bathroom where Rose was. Rose was kneeling on the floor and throwing up in the toilet.

"Rosie, what's wrong?" Elaine asked rushing towards her daughter.

"Mom, I'm not feeling well. I'm sick. I'm so nauseous."

"You want me to take you to the doctor?"

"Ye-" Rose couldn't finished her sentence. She began to throw up again.

* * *

"She's what?" Elaine exclaimed at the doctor.

Dr. Crystal Jennings looked almost hesitant to repeat herself. "Rose is pregnant."

Elaine burst into tears. "No! She can't be! She never asked for this!"

Dr. Jennings put her hand on Elaine's shoulder. "I'm so sorry. I know what happened to Rose, she told me all about it. She does have options you know."

Elaine nodded. "I know but if you're thinking one of them is abortion, you are mistaken. We are very religious and my brother is a priest for crying out loud! He will not approve of abortion!"

Dr. Jennings looked down. "It's not his choice. It should be Rose's choice. She's the one that's going to have to deal with having a rape baby."

"Rape baby? Oh my goodness! That sounds so horrible!"

"I know it does. Just think about it. I know Rose is of legal age to get an abortion on her own, but she still needs your guidance. Please do consider the fact that she is very young and this could really stop her from going on with her life as she normally would."

Elaine narrowed her eyes at the doctor. "Well also, YOU think about how it's not this child's fault either. He didn't ask for this. God lets things happen for a reason. I'm not saying her being raped was good, but this child is still a gift. Any child is."

Dr. Jennings sighed. "Very well then. You are her mother. You and Rose should talk about this and figure out what she wants."

After getting dressed, Rose walked out into the lobby where Dr. Jennings was talking to Elaine. They both turned to look at her.

"I'm ready to go home," Rose said softly.

"Yes, come on Rosie," Elaine said eyeing Dr. Jennings.

Once they were home, Elaine knew it was time to talk to Rose about her options. "Why not give it up for adoption?" Elaine asked quietly.

Rose shot her mother a look of rage. "Adoption? No! Mother, don't you understand I do not want to carry this child in me? How can I let it grow in me? These horrible men raped me and now I have to have their child? No! I won't do it!"

Rose ran to her room and fell onto her bed. She had her face down and sobbed into her pillow. Elaine felt guilt creeping all over her. She always knew abortion was bad, but she never thought about a rape situation. She had to put herself in Rose's shoes. Would SHE be able to carry a child for nine months who would bring nothing but painful memories to her for the rest of her life? Rose had not asked to get pregnant. She had been a virgin until that terrible night. It was not the child's fault either, but then again, Rose was the one who would suffer for something that she never asked for.

Elaine sat next to her daughter. She rubbed her back softly. "I'll stand by you. Any decision you make, I will be on your side no matter what."

Rose turned slowly staring up at her mother. "That means the world to me."

* * *

"Abortion? That dirty word!" Daniel shouted. It was later on that evening when the three sat in the living room discussing Rose's pregnancy.

"It's not a dirty word Uncle Daniel. It's an option!" Rosie shouted back.

"Ok both of you, that's enough," Elaine interrupted.

"It's not enough Elaine! What good have my sermons done for her if she is considering aborting a child, an innocent child."

"It would be a man to say that!" Rosie screamed in anger.

Daniel felt rage. "How dare you speak to me that way!"

Daniel stood up and paced.

"Danny, I agree that I'm against abortion, but Rosie does not want this child," Elaine tried to keep calm.

"And you let her tell you what to do? Is she the mother or are you?" Daniel shot back.

Elaine put her arms around Rose who had begun to cry. "Danny, please, just understand her."

"How can I? She's going to be a murderer."

Rosie eyed her uncle. "I'm not a murderer! I don't want this child! I hate the fact that it belongs to a bastard who raped me! A careless bastard who had probably raped so many other girls! I didn't ask for this! My entire body still hurts from everything I went through. You're not the one who's going to have to carry this child in you for nine months and then have to see its face! I want to get rid of it!"

"Back in the biblical days, women were raped and now imagine if they had all aborted what would have happened?" Daniel asked.

"That was a different time! Women didn't have the choices they do now! I'm choosing to get rid of this child!

Dan made a fist. As much as he wanted to agree with his niece, he had to stand by his beliefs. "Then you no longer have an uncle." He then turned to Elaine, "And you no longer have a brother!"

With that he left slamming the door behind him leaving Elaine and Rose crying.

* * *

The next day at the abortion clinic, Rose sat impatiently waiting for her name to be called out. Elaine was doing the paper work while rose fumbled through pages of a beauty magazine.

"Mom, I'm going to the bathroom," Rose whispered.

Elaine nodded and continued to fill out the forms.

Once in the bathroom, Rose went to one of the stalls and closed it. She immediately began to cry. Would she really be able to go through this? She rubbed her tummy and sobbed louder.

"I'm sorry," she cried. "I don't mean to get rid of you. Deep down I love you, I know I do, but right now I feel nothing but hate. I know it's not your fault. You're innocent, but I have to do this. I'm sorry I never gave you a chance. Just know that I love you and I will remember you as I pray that you go to heaven where life will be good to you. Just don't hate me. Please forgive me for this decision I had to make. Life is full of hard choices, but I think this will be the hardest I'll ever have to make."

Rose wiped her tears and walked back out. Elaine noticed her daughter had been crying. Elaine had cried so much the night before she felt as if she was all out of tears.

"Rose Gallagher," called out the receptionist.

Rose sighed and Elaine got up to give her daughter a hug. "It'll be ok baby. I'll be here waiting for you."

"Thank you," Rose said in a shaky voice.Don't cry again. Please don't, Rose said to herself.

She walked into the doctor's office knowing she'd made the hardest choice of her life.

* * *

4 months later

"Father Daniel?"

Daniel snapped out of his thoughts and stared at Father Gomez, a fellow priest. "Y-yes?"

"We have the fall festival coming up this weekend. Just reminding you to tell your family about it."

Daniel's eyes saddened. "I no longer have a family."

Father Gomes raised a brow. "Oh?"

"Sometimes, you have to make hard choices. If you have true beliefs, you might lose people in your life. Just like I did."

Daniel went back to his work. He always thought about Elaine and Rose. He wished them well and deep down in his heart he wanted to forgive them. Maybe one day he would.

The End

jessy19
jessy19
2,738 Followers