Hard Times

Story Info
Volunteering to save the environment benefits Trevor.
9.4k words
4.51
45.4k
15
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Trevor came in to the Environmental Awareness Center at ten a.m. for his Wednesday volunteer shift a new receptionist was on duty. She looked to be in her mid-twenties with long auburn hair, sparkling green eyes, a rosy blemish-free complexion and a buxom chest.

"Hi, I'm Trevor Bridges," he said extending his hand, "are you a new volunteer here?"

Ashley Thomas accepted Trevor's hand with a firm grip, "I am new, I had orientation on Monday and today's my first full day, but I'm not a volunteer. I'm part time. I thought I saw your name on some documents."

"Not bad report cards, I hope," Trevor chuckled.

"No, number one on the donors list, I think," Ashley replied with a sly smile.

"Don't believe everything you read," Trevor mumbled, then continued "So what are your duties?"

"Receptionist on Wednesday from eight a.m. until two p.m., and helping out any way necessary in "Water Pollution" from eight to two on Thursday and Friday."

"'Water Pollution,' that's where I volunteer on Wednesday through Friday; I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other," Trevor replied trying not to sound too excited.

"I'm sure we will," Ashley responded with a smile and a lilt in her voice while trying as politely as possible to extricate her hand from Trevor's.

"Oh, sorry," was Trevor's last, flustered, comment when he realized that he had held her hand during their entire little chat, well past the point of propriety. Blushing he scurried to the office he shared with the Center's Director.

"Why the red face, Trevor," Director Melissa Blomquist asked him as he walked into their shared office, "did something embarrass you?"

"Uh, no, nothing."

"Nothing, huh -- you're the third male volunteer today blown away by our new part-time employee. You've never blushed around me. What does she have that I don't besides a beautiful face, flowing hair, and big boobs?" Melissa laughed, "Oh, and thirty years less wear?"

"Hey, don't sell yourself short," Trevor laughed back, starting to relax, "you're taller."

"Obviously you haven't seen her stand up yet," Melissa snickered. "Now about the analysis of the dissolved oxygen and pH levels in Lake Michigan..." Melissa continued, snapping Trevor out of his mild stupor.

Trevor made a point of passing by Ashley's desk about twice as many times that day as required. He tried not to stare when he did so, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. The best reason yet for wishing I was twenty eight instead of fifty eight, he mused when on one passing Ashley was bent over inserting documents into a filing cabinet with her round, tight ass tempting him.

When Trevor drove his Prius home that night he saw that his wife Candice's Lamborghini was already in the garage. The masseuse's van was parked in front. As Trevor walked into his mansion he heard mood music playing in the den. "I'm home Candice," he roared, loud enough to be heard over the music before opening the door to the den.

"Hello Mr. Bridges," said Carl, the masseuse, turning to face him with his hands still on Candice's neck, "will you be wanting a massage later."

"No thanks, Carl," Trevor replied although he knew that he likely needed some release, but not from Carl's knurled fingers.

"How was protecting the environment today, Hun," Candice gurgled without raising her head from Carl's portable massage table.

"It's still there," Trevor retorted as he then closed the door. I'm glad she's getting her massage today, Trevor said to himself, I really need to fuck tonight and the probability of Candice spreading her legs, non-existent most nights, is 50-50 when she gets a massage.

Candice was in a good mood after her massage. After the butler served dinner Trevor put on some waltz music and danced with Candice, one of the few common interests that they shared, and opened up a new bottle of her favorite liqueur, Drambuie. His probability of getting laid increased about 10% with each glass she consumed. After she had had four and complained of being 'light headed' he carried her up the stairs, no mean task since she had put on twenty pounds since they got married thirty years ago, but doable considering his 6 foot 4 inch, 225 pound frame and his thrice weekly weightlifting sessions.

Trevor quickly removed his clothes and Candice's and after a few minutes of kissing unceremoniously put her on her hands and knees. Doggy was not a position Candice liked but Trevor did and his motivation was sky-high so she didn't have much choice. However Candice did offer some complainants as he stroked her hairy pussy first with his fingers and then with his rock hard cock. All she did was groan after he penetrated her, however.

Trevor pounded Candice's pussy like he was on speed imagining that he was fucking Ashley's perfect ass and despite Candice's ass wiggles in protest actually stuck a pussy-juice-lubricated finger in her pucker hole. Trevor didn't last long and soon was groaning and ejaculating, driving Candice into her own, rare, orgasm.

Trevor kept pumping long after he launched his last cum grenade, his ears interpreting Candice's groans as those of Ashley's. Finally he wore out, extricated himself from Candice's sixty year old pussy, and lay next to her on their bed. Candice was out of it for a few minutes but when cognizant held Trevor's chin while looking into his eyes.

"What got into you, stud? You fucked me like I was a three dollar whore," Candice said, half smiling and half sneering.

"Wasn't it wonderful?" Trevor mused, himself not yet aware enough to recognize the half sneer. "You did climax, didn't you?"

"Yeah, I did," Candice replied the half sneer temporarily waning from her face. After a few seconds the half-sneer returned and she persisted "Regardless of whether I climaxed, what got into you. You know I don't like it doggy or rough."

"Candice, we haven't had sex in more than two weeks and I was just plain horny and needed a good fuck," Trevor replied, realizing his mistake as the word "fuck" turned Candice's expression into a full sneer.

"I'm not a 'fuck,' Trevor," Candice barked as she started turning over to face away from him. "I'm your wife and you should make love to me. If you want to fuck get yourself a three dollar whore."

Apparently Trevor's words didn't help him when he laughingly responded "I think they cost more than that nowadays." The retort was an icy "Good Night," destroying any hope Trevor had of practicing his favorite post-coital pastime, namely sucking tit.

Thursday and Friday at the Center were both the best of times and the worst of times for Trevor. Since Ashley was working with him, two other volunteers, and a staff scientist, he had plenty of eye candy, and things seemed to get livelier than normal because of Ashley's sunny disposition. However with Ashley around it was hard for Trevor to concentrate on his work; she was screwing up his libido big-time!

The first weekend after Ashley started Trevor tried his best to get Candice in the mood. While he couldn't understand why she wasn't pleased with their last encounter since there was no denying the fact that she had a nice orgasm, she still seemed pissed. He promised to make gentle love to her rather than pound her pussy, and tried everything he could think of, without success. By the time that Wednesday rolled around and he returned to the Center he had a bad case of blue balls.

After being greeted by Ashley's cheery smile Trevor's condition got even worse. Somehow she looked even better than he had remembered -- how that was possible he didn't know, but she did. After another day of distraction Trevor put himself out there and timed his exit from the Center with when she was leaving.

"You're leaving now too, huh Ashley?" Trevor rhetorically asked as he held the door for her.

"Sure am, Trevor, two on the dot like always," she answered smiling, followed by a "Thanks," for him holding the door for her.

Trevor liked it that Ashley called him 'Trevor' instead of 'Mr. Bridges' since it gave him "hope." "Ashley, I often go and get something to eat after volunteering. Would you like to join me, my treat?"

"That would be wonderful, Trevor, but you see I have to pick my daughter up from day care. If I don't pick her up on time I pay more per hour than I make at the Center," Ashley replied while expressively touching his arm.

"I'll pay for the extra time, if you can otherwise make it," Trevor eagerly responded.

"You would? Why that's so nice. I'll go back inside the Center and use the land line to call and tell them I'll be two hours late," Ashley said with a big grin.

"Don't you have a cell phone, Ashley?"

"No, I really can't afford it, maybe the only person on the planet who doesn't," Ashley replied.

"Here, use mine," Trevor said handing her his iphone.

"How do you call on it?" Ashley innocently asked.

"What's the number, I'll dial it for you."

After Trevor dialed the number he handed his phone to Ashley she walked a few steps away, carried on a short conversation, then returned smiling, "All set. Shall we ride together and you drop me off back here at my jalopy, or should I follow you?"

"Why don't you ride with me," was Trevor's obvious response.

On the ten minute drive to the restaurant Ashley remarked about Trevor's 'green' car and made small talk while deflecting some of the questions Trevor asked her. Ashley seemed wide-eyed when they arrived at the restaurant, a Country French establishment, indicating to Trevor that this was a much fancier place than she was used to. After Trevor was greeted by name by the owner and they were seated Ashley overcame her initial awe and got very talkative.

"So tell me, Trevor, what work do you do when not volunteering?"

"Actually, I don't really work for money anymore. Monday and Tuesday I make cameo appearances at two businesses I own but I don't run them anymore; I have competent CEOs for that."

"Why did you start volunteering at the Environmental Awareness Center?"

"Well, since I didn't need to work for money but since I had plenty of time on my hands and wanted to do something socially productive and since I have an engineering background that I thought would help, I volunteered at the Center."

"Are you really their biggest donor too?"

"Yeah -- I'm not sure why they gave you a document showing that your first real day you were on the job because even though it is public information I don't like it spread around. Please don't mention it to others at the Center because if they don't already know I don't want them to. They might treat me like management -- which I'm not, just a benefactor -- rather than a normal volunteer."

Ashley had lots of other questions about his family, the businesses he still owned, what other businesses he had owned in the past, and what his favorite activities were all of which Trevor was happy to answer. Both Ashley's enthusiasm in devouring the bread that was brought to the table, and her fast consumption of a large main course, surprised Trevor. He started asking her questions.

"I see that you have a healthy appetite -- how do you keep such a slim figure?"

Ashley turned completely red then stammered out "Sorry, sometimes I eat like a truck driver. I can't afford food this good, and I guess I just got carried away."

"I'm really sorry to embarrass you," Trevor replied with obvious discomfort in his voice, "I'm just glad that you're enjoying yourself."

"I am," Ashley smiled, placing her hand over Trevor's and squeezing it for a few seconds. Trevor got an instant hard on and had to surreptitiously rearrange his trousers.

Recovering the best he could Trevor said "I've spent way too much time talking about me. Tell me about your family."

"Well, I have a three year old girl, unfortunately my husband isn't around so I have to take care of her myself. I don't have any family in the area, my mother and father are separated and thousands of miles away, and my brother is a druggy living in Belize -- at least the last I heard. I don't have a real good family situation," Ashley understated.

"I don't mean to pry -- but I guess I am going to -- but where is your husband?" Trevor asked.

"I'm reluctant to say because some people judge me by it," Ashley barely whispered, looking down at the table.

"One thing that I can assure you of is that I will not judge you by it," Trevor replied putting his hand on hers for a second before returning it to his lap to continue to deal with his out-of-control hard-on.

"Well...," Ashley hemmed before finally speaking, "he's in jail for fraud. My little girl Melanie and I live where we do so that we can visit him on weekends."

"How long is he in for?" a stunned Trevor queried, not knowing what else to say.

"If he behaves himself he has twenty five months and ten days more to serve," Ashley softly replied, not taking her eyes from her now completely clean plate.

"How do you make ends meet with him gone?"

"Well, Monday and Tuesday I do office work for the dumpy apartment building we live in, I get Medicaid for Melanie, and now my part-time work at the Center, and there is a little still in savings from before my husband Jim's sentencing, but that will be gone soon. But I'll find a way to get by," Ashley responded still looking down. Then she raised her head, again put her hand on Trevor's even though it was on his thigh, and said "Look, I don't want to bore you with my troubles. I get through life just fine and I'm optimistic about the future."

"I know that I'm getting way too personal, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Why don't you wear a wedding ring?"

"I sold it, and my engagement ring -- the money I got from that is what is in savings," Ashley hesitantly answered, with a slight tear in her eye. She quickly re-gained her composure, however, and with a smile, albeit a somewhat forced one, said "So will you spring for desert too? I'm still hungry."

"Of course," Trevor replied getting a big grin on his face and changing the subject to talk only about happy things.

On the way back to the Center parking lot after lunch Trevor insisted on stopping at a toy store and bought Melanie a stuffed animal "Because I took her mommy away from her for two hours," and gave it to a smiling Ashley. After Trevor dropped off his very grateful dining companion at her junk heap masquerading as a car, and gave her $30 to cover the two extra hours of day care, he took stock of his feelings.

That woman has to be both the sexiest and most pleasant, yet most pathetic, woman I've ever met in my life. I have to find a way to help her.

Trevor's interaction with Ashley on Thursday was very pleasant although both parties avoided mentioning information they had gleaned from their lunch together the day before. Trevor had some things that really needed to be done so he couldn't leave at two with Ashley, however Friday presented a unique opportunity to Trevor.

Trevor arrived around 8:15 on Friday, shortly after Ashley. Director Blomquist was conducting an impromptu meeting. "Glad you're here, Trevor," she said, "We need someone to go to Lake Geneva today and get water samples, and I'm getting a bit of resistance. Ashley is willing to go but no one else seems to be. Are you game?"

Trevor took a deep breath to hide his excitement then said, "Sure, Melissa, if you need two of us I'm happy to go. What do you want us to do?"

After Melissa explained the situation and what equipment they should take with, which Trevor was already well familiar with, Trevor packed the equipment in the trunk of his car. He and Ashley took off to drive the roughly sixty five miles, a significant amount on back roads, to Lake Geneva.

While Trevor did his best to mask his enthusiasm at being with Ashley for the day eventually it got the best of him and oozed out. Fortunately it wasn't a problem because Ashley was much more animated than at their lunch. They laughed, joked, and told stories most of the way until Trevor insisted that Ashley get out the map they had brought along and navigate rather than relying on his GPS.

The agenda called for them to take samples and do in situ testing at seven different locations in the lake. Trevor had explained one of the simple pieces of equipment to Ashley which she operated while Trevor ran the more complicated pieces. They stopped for a quick lunch at a fast food restaurant in hopes of finishing in time for Ashley to get back to pick up her daughter at two p.m., but when they still had one sample to take and it was almost one p.m. they knew that they wouldn't make it.

"Ashley if you can extend again, like you did Wednesday, I'll reimburse you for the extra daycare charge, and I'll also be sure that you get paid for the extra hours you put in since I don't want to come back here another day for just one sample."

"No problem if I can use your phone again," Ashley smiled. Trevor dialed the number for her again, she walked off a bit and chatted with the person on the other end, then returned and said "everything's copasetic."

"I've never heard someone your age use the word 'copasetic' before," Trevor laughed, "glad to see that it hasn't morphed out of existence."

"Maybe I'm really your age at heart," Ashley laughed.

On the way back to the Center Trevor and Ashley first talked about the work that they had done that day, but when still forty minutes out from the Center Trevor directed the conversation to Ashley's economic situation.

"Ashley I'm going to be more direct than I should be, having only known you for two weeks. However, I really feel a connection with you and I want to help you with your bad economic situation."

Ashley got slightly ashen and hesitated before saying "That's nice of you Trevor, but what can you do?"

"Well I could get you full time work at the Center?"

"I'm afraid that wouldn't help enough because then I'd have to use expensive day care on Monday and Tuesday rather than the inexpensive care I use now, and the extra charges on Wednesday -- Friday would eat up any extra earnings on those days. You really don't have to help, Trevor, I'll be OK."

"Well I could just give you a thousand dollars, would that help?"

Ashley appeared to get a little misty eyed. She undid her seat belt, leaned over and planted a long wet kiss on Trevor's cheek with her left hand on the back of his neck and the other on his chest. Trevor almost burst his zipper and hoped that Ashley couldn't see.

Ashley then scooted back to her seat, redid her seat belt and said "That is really sweet of you, Trevor, you may be the nicest most generous man I've ever met. But despite my family's dysfunction in many ways I was brought up not to accept charity -- I already have to accept Medicaid for Melanie's health insurance and my pride won't let me accept anything else."

They remained silent for a minute or so when Ashley broke the ice by noticing the condition of Trevor's cock and laughingly said "I see you need to do something to relieve yourself -- what caused that?" gesturing toward his crotch.

Although he turned red Trevor decided to be bold, having been put off by Candice for two weeks and salivating at just the thought of Ashley's body. "You did," he gruffly responded, "aren't you ashamed?"

They both laughed, then Trevor chuckled "Too bad money for sex is illegal in this state otherwise I could pay you to take care of my condition," which got him a punch in the arm from Ashley. However right after she punched him she started laughing too. Once they both stopped laughing though a pall of silence fell over vehicle interior.

After a few minutes of quiet Trevor turned to Ashley -- who appeared to be deep in thought -- and said "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that even in jest."

Ashley said nothing for a few minutes more while Trevor chastised himself until she finally urgently spoke up. "Pull into this parking lot here, now," she said pointing to a motel parking lot on the right side of the road about a hundred yards ahead.