Healer's Touch Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dragontatto
dragontatto
1,215 Followers

"How did you know about your power from your father?" he finally asked.

"It's always been there Gramps. But I am not stupid. I was sent to prison because I healed a girl. I sure the hell wasn't going to expose my other power. I've only once used that power, Gramps. I know it's there but it's like it's locked in a cabinet. I can't get to it without serious effort."

"I know, Kat. But this is going to cause a major problem for you." he leaned back and looked at her.

"Oh goodie. What's one more major problem, Gramps? I have a couple of others so we REALLY need to talk." she said before leading him over to the stall that the small zephti and his dam were occupying. She opened the door and entered. The zephti raced over to greet her.

"What's this?" Jason asked as the colt jumped on her in greeting.

"I helped this little guy be born. Charlie said something about him binding with me. So I come out here at least once a day and see him. He's very friendly."

When Jason didn't reply - she looked over her shoulder at him.

"Oh, Kitty, you don't know how much you remind me of your grandmother. I sure miss her."

"I wish I could have met her, Gramps."

"She would be so proud of you, sweetheart. Now, let's have that talk. Is your wedding still on - it is supposed to be the day after tomorrow?"

"Yes." she said with steely determination. "He's not going to get rid of me that easily."

"Do you love him, Kat?"

"Of course. And I think he loves me. But he's stubborn. And scared. And MALE! I'd like to get ahold of his last wife. She really screwed him over. She used her power against him, Gramps and she really hurt him. How could anyone use power against someone that they love and are loved by in return?"

"I wish I knew. I hate to pry, Kitty, but have you ever heard of the mezclar," he asked softly.

"Yes. I don't know a whole lot about it, but I know that Charlie and I are in the grips of it. I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin." she admitted ruefully.

"Yes, I can imagine. Well, it's time for a long over-due lesson on your heritage," he plopped down in the hay next to her and the small zephti. He gathered his thoughts for a few moments.

"Okay, this is the short and long of it. The royalty of Venus go through this ritual. It starts usually a few days before the full moon. It is somehow linked to the rising of the full moon. It peaks during the day of your bonding ceremony and then normally lasts for five days after that time; and it is within that bonding time that your magic will join together. It will be more powerful together than you are as individuals."

"So Charlie is going to need you to release his power before the bonding ceramony?"

"Yes. If I don't go through the ritual with him, he will be in quite a bit of pain. His power will try to join with yours even though it is still bound."

"Even though he deserves to be in quite a bit of pain, you must have discussed this with him?" she shuddered at the thought.

"Yes, but he outright refused. Even if I convince him to go through with a releasing ritual, there is still going to be a BIG problem."

"What?"

"Your power, Kitty. It is also bound."

"So I'll go through the ritual with you and Charlie." she said logically,

"I wish it were that easy OR that simple. I can't release your power, your father has to do that."

"My father? He's dead!"

"Not exactly. He's alive but I can't find him. He was the king of Sandova. But he was exhiled from his country. Banished along with your twin brothers."

"I have brothers?" she squeaked.

"Yes, a set of twin half-brothers. Your mother seduced the king and got pregnant with you Kitty, before she was exiled herself."

"So how do we go about finding him. Does he even realize that he has a daughter?" she asked.

"Yes. Every wizard that fathers children knows it. It is a magical thing. We feel when we offer our women the chance to conceive. The woman has the choice to accept it or decline it. But we always know. There are strong bonds between a father and his children."

"So why is Charlie's bond with you. He's not your son - is he?" she asked aghast.

"No, Kitty. Of course not. When a warrior begins his training, his bond with his father is replaced with a bond to his teacher. I am proud to be bonded to your chosen, Katrina. He is well loved by his people and is a fair man and a good ruler. He has grown from a gentle boy to a strong warrior."

****

Charles rode out to find his mother after overhearing Kat's and Jason's conversation. It amazed him that both of them headed for the stables when they were upset. He stood back in the shadows as Jason and Kat had spoken. He knew he was evesdropping but he was still angry about her having power. Logically he knew there was nothing that she could do about it - she was born with magic and healing Gifts. He wished that he could change his feelings about women with power; but Deanna had left her devious marks on him - right now he wasn't rational about power.

Since he was stimied, he decided to do what he always did when he was confused. He went looking for his mother. Then he remembered that she had traveled with Stephan to the campground where Rand and Gracie were. So now he was on a zephti, heading away from his chosen in the midst of the mezclar. Every mile that he placed between them tugged on him. He knew that if he could feel their bond tugging, then Kat would too.

A dusty two hours later he finally spotted the campsite. The fire that was blazing was a welcome sight. And his mother even more so. When he dismounted his zephti, Rand was the first one to greet him.

"What the hell are you doing out here Charles?" Rand asked as he walked up to him.

Charlie reacted without thinking and punched Rand in the chest. Rand stumbled back under the force of the punch.

"What the hell was that for?" Rand asked as he tried to keep out of the other man's reach.

"You did this to me, you bastard!" He raged. Rand was the reason Kat was being such a thorn in his side.

"What did I do?"

"You bonded me to that hellcat!"

"Charles! What in the name of Mica are you doing? Have you lost your ever-loving mind. You don't hit the Crown Prince!" Arianna scolded as she came forward in a flurry of healer robes.

"Mom!" he started before stopping. His shoulders slumped. "I need to talk to you."

"Come with me, Charles." she guided him away from the campfire. He briefly explained what had happened with Jason's revelations.

"And then she kissed me and left this on my desk along with the money." he said and handed her the crumpled note. She took it and read it. Then she reached out and slapped him on the back of his head.

"Boy, I raised you better than that. You don't treat your chosen like a hooker. I know your chosen, Charles and she loves you. She has no more control about the power that she inherted from her father than you have of your power. I'm surprised she didn't kick your butt up between your shoulders."

He laughed harshly.

"I'm surprised she didn't either, Mom. I wish I could change my views on women with power but..."

"Quit acting like a child, Charlie. What Deanna did to you was terrible. But Kat isn't Deanna. She would no sooner use her power against you than she would quit breathing. She told me a story of a girl at that school she had to go to. She could have easily healed her."

"But she didn't." Charlie said slowly.

"That's right."

"She told you about that? I know it hurts her deeply."

"As her teacher, she thought it was only fair to tell me about the time that she refused to heal. Listen son, Deanna is your past and Kat's..."

"My future." he finished as relief flooded through his body. He had felt deeply miserable and profoundly lonely since he had pushed her away and then left Kartic so quickly.

"That's right. So I suggest you take your butt back to the palace and quickly apologize. And you had better hope and pray that she's the forgiving kind."

dragontatto
dragontatto
1,215 Followers
12