Heart's Tempest

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Was the snow angel OK?" I wanted to know! Whoever she was, was a lucky girl to have him as her rescuer.

"I carried her to my family's hunting lodge and removed both of our clothes. I knew if she didn't get warm, she would be lost. I lay with her in my arms for what seemed like hours, rubbing her skin, kissing her hair, whispering soothing words to her. She still shivered. That was when I got the idea to put her in a lukewarm bath, so as not to shock her system." I blinked at him, dumbfounded.

"Wait. What!?" I exclaimed, a knot fisting in my stomach.

"She called me her Valentine Angel. She was delirious and I let her believe whatever she wanted. At least she could speak. In her fevered state she told me of her life. She told me of her recent divorce to a pussy of man, of the pain he had caused her heart. She told me about her sweet little snowy cat. She told me of her dreams and her fears."

"You're wrong." I shook my head vehemently, my turn to be in denial and shock. Could he possibly be talking about me? The chill creeping up my spine to settle at the nape of my neck told me he was.

"She even shared her secret fantasies with me." His eyes intense, need coming into them.

"This is a trick!" I pushed away from him. But his arms held me like a band of steel, as I thrashed and hissed at the indignation.

"Now, I will ask you, Angelique, what do you remember?" His voice barely above a whisper.

"You know my name." I marveled, disbelieving, but also distrusting.

"A fitting name for a true angel. You are my Valentine Angel, Angelique. You saved me. You have brought me back to life, given me something to once more live for. I believe Juliet brought you to me. Had I not stumbled upon a snowy angel, I would truly only be here with you in spirit. But I am very much alive and I have you to thank for it." He tried to kiss me, but I pushed him away.

"B-but you didn't remember. You told me you didn't remember your "life." You lied?" I balked at him.

"Not intentionally." He unwound his body from mine and reached over to the nightstand. I peeked over and felt a tingle return between my thighs seeing silken scarves folded neatly at the bottom, my curiosity piqued. He pulled out a worn leather notebook and presented it to me. I gave him a quizzical look and then opened the book and read. Here was an account of the year and all that had occurred, even his decision to block his reality for a time. I should be concerned, really. What if he were schizophrenic or something? But no, I knew the burden grief can have on a soul. This poor man. He lost the love of his life! How would I have reacted? I took his hands in mine, brushing my fingers over his knuckles. I nervously looked across the room, my gaze landing on the shining shaft of the sword that leaned, propped against the wall .

"I think I blocked the past from myself. I took on the persona of my character. Life was easier that way." He explained, squeezing my fingers in return. Following the line of my vision, he gently turned my face back to his, a look of regret in his eye.

"Is Diarmuid even your real name?" I sniffled.

"My name is Dermott, a derivative of Diarmuid. So, in a sense, yes." He smiled softly at me.

"Dermott. You can call me Angel." I said shyly, as I reached for a blanket to cover my nakedness, suddenly feeling self conscious.

"Nay, hide not such perfection." I stared at him. "I'm sorry, it has become a habit to speak in such a way. Please don't be uncomfortable. We have spent several days together, snowed in. We have become quite familiar with each other's bodies, if not lives." A pink tinge stained his cheeks and just as I was about to ask why he was blushing, my own blush crept up my cheeks and I remembered the things we did together. "I think your memory will start to return shortly. You've suffered major trauma. It will take time, lovely Angel." He lifted my hand to his lips and kissed it. "I just want you to know I never took advantage of you. You told me what you needed from me and I did my best to deliver that." He looked down at our hands. "You believe me, don't you?" There was a vulnerable look in his eye I'd never expected to see there. It comforted me.

"I know nothing about you beyond what you just told me." I said, feeling clueless. A tingle spreading up my spine at the touch of his lips on my sensitive hands. "But yes; I believe you. I'm quite aware of what's in my secret heart." I placed my hand under his chin, lifting his eyes to mine and whispered, seriously. "You did deliver." I winked at him. He blinked at a loss for words.

"We have the time to get to know each other." He promised, recovering. "Will you let me hold you in my arms while you sleep and finish recovering?" He wore a puppy dog expression.

"Only if you promise never to let me go." I murmured, snuggling in his arms. "Do you like cats?" My thoughts wandering to my dear little Callieach. I missed my dear little furball. I hoped she was OK. I worried my lip with my teeth.

"Just how long have we been here?" I turned onto my side, so I was nose to nose with him.

"A few days. Not long enough for you to have to fear for your cat's well being." He leaned his face close, his warm lips caressing mine. He was right. I had filled her food with dry kibble and replenished her self-serve water bottle the morning I had set off into the snow. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I love them." He smiled, pulling back slightly. I quirked my eyebrow. "Cats, I mean. Juliet was allergic to them, so we couldn't have one. I would love to meet your feline friend." This made me smile. "From what you've told me about her, she sounds like a beautiful and regal creature. If not a bit of an imp," he continued. I grinned at him. "Much like you." He ran one finger along my forehead, sweeping a lock of hair out of the way, dipping his head close to mine. We head-bumped gently.

"Can we go now?" I asked hopeful, pouting. He sucked on my lower lip, licking the top one. Something still nagged at the back of my mind. "How come you didn't take me to the hospital if I was so sick?" I asked him, pulling away, suspicion clouding my eyes again.

"We were snowed in. I had no way to get you out of the house or anyone into the house. I have a first aid kit and because of the dangerous nature of being a smithy, I was required to take first aid courses. That knowledge has come in handy for several times with burns, as well as helping you. You had no injuries. I had gotten to you before frost-bite could set in. You suffered a very high fever though. You should probably be seen by a doctor." Both of our eyes wandered to the window at the same time. The snow was still coming down and piled high. "It will take some time to dig out. But I promise the moment we can, I will take you home to see your kitten." Satisfied with his answers, I yawned sleepily and curled into him.

Words he had said to me amidst my hazy memories floated to the surface. I gazed into his eyes. "Dermott. What does "muh kree" mean?" I questioned. He flushed at the words and suddenly looked a bit uncomfortable "Please tell me." I beseeched him. He wrapped his arms around me and tucked my head beneath his chin.

"Mo chroi is a Gaelic expression for "my heart." I pulled away and blinked at him, stunned.

"But." I stammered, the implications of the word suddenly weighing me down.

"Shh. Coosh-la muh cree (chuisle mo chroi)." He kissed my forehead. "Pulse of my heart." His deep voice taking on a light lilt, the words caressing my soul, as his fingers caressed the skin of my breast just above my heart. "A term my father, and before him my grandfather, and his father, and so on used to address their beloveds in our ancestral tongue." I felt a flutter within, as the fragile wings of promise unfurled. I yawned again, deciding there was time to mull over the words and implications tomorrow.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Angel." He whispered, kissing my eyelids as I drifted into dreams of hope and love. In dreams, I held hands with the beautiful golden haired snow angel who had gifted me with a second chance at life and at love.

~~~~~~~

Once again thank you to Litfan10 for his wonderful critiquing and editing skills! Thank you to Darkniciad for his help with category placement and suggestions! Thank you for the reading and feedback from LadyKnight and Nightshade, as always :)