Heaven in her Eyes Ch. 01-03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She had her wedding ring, and she'd hocked it, using the little bit of money she was able to get to buy a bus ticket to Texas and her brothers.

Now he wanted her back. Just the thought of being under his thumb, of the things he'd forced her to do made her want to vomit.

"I need to go away," she whispered. "I need to go somewhere he can't find me."

"What happened to I can take care of myself?" Brandon asked, making her jump.

"That was before he did this," she said, indicating the room around them. "I can't stay with Angel and Aaron, not with her due soon. I can't put her through this stress, and what if he sends more of his thugs after me? They'd kill her and the baby."

"Don't you think you're being a touch melodramatic?" he asked her trying to calm her down.

"Melodramatic? Ask those two robbers if I'm being melodramatic? God, Brandon," she threw up her hands, walking away from him and towards the front door of her apartment. "You don't know what he did...what he forced me to... You just don't know him."

Brandon glanced at the two cops who were watching them. He walked over to Shanna, grabbing her hand. "Slow down, sweetheart," he said gently. "No, I don't know. I don't think anyone does but you. You've been pretty closed mouthed about your relationship. But you aren't alone anymore. You've got family and friends that are here and will help you. You've just got to let us help you."

"There isn't much that can be done," she sighed softly, a tear streaming down her cheek. She felt defeated, unable to think.

"Come on," he said softly. "I'll take you somewhere safe and you can get some sleep. Just give me a minute to talk to the cops."

He left her staring at the wreckage and went to the two officers. He flashed them his identification. "She's had a pretty rough day," he said, before telling them everything he knew.

"She needs to sign a complaint," one of the officers said.

"We don't even know for sure if it's him or not."

The cop scratched his head. "We'll get crime scene in here, let them pull this place apart. She's going to have to make a statement."

"I'll bring her down to the station later," Brandon said.

"Okay, but sooner is better," the cop said, taking down his name and address.

"Has she been able to tell if anything is missing?"

Brandon looked around at the mess then stared at the officer, incredulous. "Do you think if someone did this to your home you could tell if something were missing?"

"You got a point."

Brandon went back to Shanna, taking her arm. "Come on," he said gently.

"But...someone has to stay here, to lock up when they get done. I've got to clean this mess up," she said, her voice shaking.

"We'll take care of that tomorrow, Shan. I gave the cop your key and he's going to lock the door when crime scene is done. Then we'll pick it up from the police later, when we go to make a statement." He pulled on her arm gently, steering her around the worst of the wreckage and heading towards the door.

"But I don't have any clothes, or...or..." her voice trailed off and she quit fighting him.

"It's okay, honey," he said softly. "We'll worry about all of that later. For now, I think you could use something to eat and someplace quiet to try to get your head around all of this." He pulled her through the door just as two men with black jackets and fishing tackle cases were coming down the hallway. Brandon nodded at the men before continuing down the hall.

Shanna was quiet in the elevator, shaken up by more than the fact that her apartment had been wrecked. That kiss, something she'd never have expected from Brandon. The feelings he had evoked, such wondrous feelings that she'd never felt before. She wanted to feel them again, she wanted to tell him that she wanted to kiss him again.

She rolled her eyes. Yeah, she could just see it. Brandon, would you kiss me again, but don't do anything else, because I'm afraid you'll turn out to be just like Jackson. What man would be happy with just a kiss?

"Tell me what you're thinking," he said quietly, breaking into her thoughts.

Shanna looked up from where she'd been studying her fingers. "I was thinking about...kissing you."

"Really," he said softly, a smile growing on his handsome face. "What about kissing me?"

The door to the elevator opened and another couple got on, smiling at Shanna who greeted them by name. Brandon had to bide his time, waiting until the elevator reached the lobby before letting the other couple go out in front of them and then holding her hand to slow her step.

"You didn't answer me," he said softly, twining his fingers in hers. "What about kissing me?"

"I...It was different than what I had expected," she said, a blush shading her cheeks an adorable pink. "I...don't like kissing, but with you..."

"With me..." he urged softly.

"It was nice," she finished, glancing up into his green eyes.

"Just nice?" he asked, walking her around to the passenger side of her car and standing by the door.

"No, it was more than nice. I didn't know kissing could be like that." She looked up at him, noticing how close he was, how her back was pressed against the car, how she had only to reach out to put herself in his arms.

"Your husband didn't kiss you like that?" he asked, wondering if she'd married a psychopathic idiot. Who could pass up lips like hers?

"Before we were married, he said that kissing was too hard on him, that it made him want me too much. After...well, afterwards, he said that a woman's mouth was good for one thing and it wasn't kissing," she said quickly, wishing she could call the words back as soon as she'd said them. She'd never told anyone just how bad it was, not even Aaron.

"Your husband is an idiot."

"Well, I guess we finally found something we both agree on," Shanna said, smiling up at him. Her smile died when she saw the look in his eyes. It was heat, lust mixed with a gentleness she hadn't expected to see in him.

"I want to kiss you again," he said softly, his eyes dropping to her lips, his fingers coming up to brush against them. "I won't lie to you, Shanna. I want to do a whole hell of a lot more than just kiss you, but, I won't force myself on you. I think that you and I need to talk, and then after we talk, if you want to use me to practice up on your kissing, I promise to be the most patient of instructors." He smiled, his fingers trailing across her moist lips before sliding to her ear. He took a stray strand of her hair, pushing it behind the petal softness of her ear.

"R...really?" she asked him, barely able to breathe.

"I promise, Shanna. You have nothing to fear from me." He bent closer and she thought for a moment he meant to kiss her right there, her eyes fluttering in anticipation. But he only reached for the door handle, opening her car door and settling her inside.

He hurried to his side, jumping in and starting the engine after readjusting the seat to fit his long limbs. Smiling over at her, he put the car in gear and slid easily into the light early afternoon traffic.

Neither noticed the plain four door sedan that pulled out after them.