Heritage

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If anyone had ever found out they would have considered me a slut. I really just wanted to use them as sperm donors, and they fit the profile. They looked like your dad and that was always a concern of mine. Although I will say, I never felt bad using the men. They were screwing a married woman. They knew that. I didn't hide that I was married, so they wouldn't get attached. To them, I was just a good screw, so they were using me just as I was using them.

"The third guy was more enjoyable than the others, and it took me three cycles to get pregnant but he was the hardest for me because I enjoyed it. He taught me a few things, but I'm sure you don't want to hear about that. I wasn't about the fun and was glad when I took and we could stop."

I could tell mom was embarrassed and worried. "Mom, it was your arrangement with dad. He was ok with it, so am I."

Mom took another deep breath. "The last guy, your biological father, took five cycles. He was good at sex and considerate in bed. I was worried he might be becoming attached to me and after five cycles it started to feel like an affair. I didn't have any romantic feelings for him but we were becoming closer friends. I decided I wasn't going to go back for a sixth try but fortunately, I didn't have to."

"Did dad have to prompt you each time? Did he have to tell you he was ready for another?"

"No, after the second time, I just knew when it was time. Then when I would get 'magically' pregnant and tell your father, he would be happy for weeks. As I said, he was an amazing man. Please don't think anything less of him for the decisions he made."

"No Mom. I guess you guys did what you had to do to be happy and have a family. And I agree with you. I always knew dad was amazing but now, even more so."

"Thanks for saying that, Rick."

"Rick, I want to tell you, your dad was no wimp. One time, at one of his company Christmas parties, I was dancing with one of his colleagues. The guy started to get fresh with me on the dance floor and I was trying to get away from him. Your dad seemed to come out of nowhere and the next thing I knew the guy was flat on the floor, bleeding from the punch in the face your father had just given him. I later found out it was one of the bosses but Dom told me not to worry about it. His superiors weren't upset with him for defending my honor. I guess the guy had apologized to your dad, telling him he had been drinking too much."

"Mom, I have to ask you. Who was my biological dad? Do I know him? Have I ever met him?"

I saw anger flash in my mom's eyes. "No, Rick." I could tell she was trying to stay calm. "I will not go there. You dad is your father, dammit. If he could believe it, so can you. Nothing changes, even though your dad is gone. I will respect him until the day I die."

"I would have never told you if you hadn't found out what you did. I'm sorry if it hurt your marriage. I know you may have to tell Trish, but please don't tell your brothers or sister. I wanted to take this to my grave. Now, I guess we will both have to do that."

****

"Oh, shit," I blurted out. "Trish is being served today! For no fault of her own. She is going to think I've lost my mind. I need to see if I can stop it."

I grabbed my cell out of my pocket and dialed my lawyer. Of course, he was out for a long Friday lunch, so I talked to his paralegal.

"Has Trish been served yet?" I asked frantically.

"I'm not sure," the woman responded. "As you know, she is supposed to be served this afternoon."

"Well, it's an emergency. I have to stop her from being served. I've changed my mind. Please do whatever you can to stop it. I'll still pay the server and a big bonus to you if you can stop it."

I hung up and mom must have seen the lost look in my eyes.

"Go to her, Rick. Find her as quick as can, and let her know it was all a horrible mistake."

****

I had driven to her office but didn't see her car in the lot. Inside, the receptionist told me Trish had left early. I'm sure the receptionist thought I must be crazy. She hadn't even finished her sentence as I turned and rushed out the door.

I knew I was fucked. I had been an ass for the past month then had her served at work for some unexplained reason. I knew she must be thinking I was leaving her for someone else. It broke my heart to think I had done this to Trish. God, I was a total fucking idiot.

I thought about calling her on her cell, but I didn't want to explain over the phone. Our house was only about ten minutes away, and I could wait ten minutes.

When I pulled in and clicked the garage door open, her car was there. You could hear the garage door open from inside the house so she knew I was home. I jumped out of the car but stopped when I got to the door to calm myself for a minute. She would be hurt and angry, and I only hoped I could repair the damage. Me questioning her fidelity was going to be a big blow to our relationship. As I stood there behind that door, I promised myself and the almighty, if she could somehow forgive me, I would be the best husband ever.

As I opened the door and entered the kitchen, Trish was sitting at the table. She looked up and I could tell she had been crying.

"Hi, Trish." I was just trying to break the ice.

"Hi, Rick."

As I was about to speak, Trish said, "The kids are staying with their grandparents tonight."

I hurried over the table and sat across from her.

"Trish, I, I..." I didn't know how to even start.

Trish looked across the table at me. I could see the sadness in her eyes. I figured she would be angry, maybe even throwing things at me. I felt unbalanced by her reaction, confused by her calm, almost silent demeanor.

"Rick, listen." She paused. "I know this wasn't our plan but sometimes life just had a way... you know."

I could see the tears welling up in her eyes.

"Please, Rick. Don't be mad at me."

Now that got my attention. Trish was apologizing to me. What the fuck? Why would she apologize to me? Maybe she was cheating and getting served made her think that I knew?

I was a jumble of emotion. My head was swimming. I was so confused I didn't know what I was thinking.

"Trish, please, what's going on? Please, just tell me."

"Rick, I know this wasn't our plan, but I'm pregnant." Tears were now rolling down her face. "We are forty and we are going to have another child."

"What, you're pregnant? That is why you're crying? Did anything else happen today to upset you?"

"No, Rick. Did someone die? Did something happen at work? I left work today after lunch to see the doctor then came home. Is everything else ok?"

"Trish, you're pregnant!" I exclaimed, grinning. The fear and anxiety of the past hour lifted, and I swear, it was like the angel of happiness was wrapping me in her arms.

I looked at Trish. The smile on my face couldn't have gotten bigger. She had wanted to have another after the boys. She wanted a girl and tried to talk me into it but I had resisted.

She looked at me with tears rolling down her face but she was now smiling too.

"You're not angry?" She blubbered through her emotions.

I jumped to my feet. "Yoo-hoo", I shouted, holding up my arms. I know I was acting like a crazy man, but I didn't care.

"Trish, do you know what this means?" I shouted and I approached her. I grabbed her up from the chair and wrapped my arms around her. "You are going to have my baby!"

Of course, she knew that. She must have thought I was losing it, but I didn't care. At that moment, I was the happiest man on the planet. It's not possible to be any happier than I was in those seconds. Tears started rolling down my face. I still had my wife and my kids, no cuckolding, no divorce and now we were making more Hoffmans!

I spun Trish around as we hugged then pulled her back so I could see her face.

She was now crying as hard as I was. "You're, you're... " She swallowed and took a breath. "You're really happy about this? We'll be almost sixty by the time it graduates."

"Not it, Trish. She. We might just have that girl you wanted." This made her smile even more.

"Of course I'm not angry. I love you, Honey. I love you and my family with all my heart."

I could see the happiness now shining in Trish's eyes. The past month of craziness was behind us.

"You know something, Trish. I hope we have twins. If we're going to have a baby again, we might as well have two."

"You are crazy, you know that? I thought you were going to be so mad you might divorce me, and here you are over the moon." You amaze me, Rick Hoffman."

"Let's celebrate," I said loudly. I'm taking you out to dinner, but no drinking for you."

By now she laughing openly at my crazy reactions. "No drinking, but you have to promise to give me a special treat when we get home. I'll go up and get ready." Trish laughed and headed up the stairs.

"You know what?" I said loudly. Trish turned.

Girl or boy, we are going to name it after my dad. My dad was an amazing man.

"I guess we can name her Dominica, Rick," she shook her head as she turned and headed up the remainder of the stairs.

Yes, Dominica, I thought. Mom is going to be so excited for us.

The End