Hobbs Hollow

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Do you want to unpack, or shall we go?" The Widow asked with a sparkle in her eye.

"Let's go!" The girls declared.

We slipped on our jackets and made the four block walk to the bar. I stopped in my tracks when I saw the clown handing out balloons, red balloons. The Widow took my arm and guided me forward. She told me that it was just a gimmick for the anniversary celebration. She shared the fact that Pennywise's Pub was celebrating its one hundred and twentieth anniversary. The original owner was a retired carnival clown from the famed Ringling Brother's Circus. I steered clear of the clown and we entered the bar. Next to heights I fucking hated clowns. Thank god the bartenders weren't dressed up for the occasion. I bought the first few rounds and learned more about the town. Its main financial income came from a very exclusive private school for the ultra-rich.

"I hope they treat you well." I told the Widow and she nodded.

"Oh yes, some of my best customers are parents of students of the school. They like to bleed off stress from the road under my roof. I added subtle sound proofing for just those occasions. They can just cut loose and not worry about bothering the other guests."

"Very thoughtful," I said as a local band took the stage and began warming up.

"So, are you here to see the haunted house too?" She asked her breath tickling my ear. I nodded and she turned and pointed out a cute blonde in a sparkling vintage Flapper's dress. The blonde didn't miss the gesture. She waved and maneuvered through the crowd gathering around what passed for a tiny dance floor. "Cassandra! This is Rinaldo!" She had to shout over the amplified instruments. "He and his friends are here to visit your lovely home."

"Yummy!" Cassandra purred in my ear. "I know you." She growled as she planted a few kisses on my exposed neck. "New Year's Eve three years ago. I was dressed as Jessica Rabbit."

"I fed you my carrot." I replied remembering the night very well. "Crane. Cassandra Crane!"

"That's me! Here's my number, call me and we'll set up a tour." She tittered as she slid a business card in my shirt pocket. "Watch out for this one, he'll talk you into some very compromising positions."

"Thank god," the Widow laughed. "I am so bored of the usual."

"Evening ladies and gentlemen!" The lead guitarist announced, and the volume was suddenly too much. "We are the Cenobites!" He informed his audience just before the first blaring notes of their first song.

I winced and pulled a hundred dollar bill out and pointed to a bottle of tequila. The Widow placed her hand on my shoulder and what might have been a denial from the bartender shifted in my favor. I told Tori and Madison that I was headed back but they wanted to stay. I handed Madison enough cash for the night and left with the Widow.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting a live band." I apologized. "I don't do loud noises very well."

"It is okay. Autistic?" She asked and I nodded. "Very high functioning, you fooled me."

"I fool a lot of people." I admitted with a grin. "I don't want to spoil your night..." I began when she leaned close and kissed me. "Never mind. Sometimes I mix up signals."

"It is okay. So, you and Cassandra?" She giggled.

"Yeah. Post political party, I was invited to a private masquerade party. It just happened to fall on New Year's Eve. She was Jessica Rabbit and I went as Rick from Casablanca."

"Interesting." She mused and then cursed. "Damn kids!" She snapped clucking her tongue disapprovingly. We walked up to the bronze statue of the town's founder Abraham Hobbs. He was a British merchant that settled in the valley and made his fortune in logging and mining. The last Hobbs died twenty years ago, the same night as the great fire. "I hope it'll come off." She worried as she pointed at the fresh spray paint.

"Clever kids, if it is kids." I stated as I pointed out the characters. "It is Sanskrit."

"Whoa! Do you know what it says?" She asked clinging to my arm tightly.

"Yes. It says, death is only the beginning." I translated. "Let's go."

She took out her keys and unlocked the front door. I helped her out of her coat and hung it up as she took the bottle of tequila and set it on the coffee table. As I hung up my own jacket, she appeared holding two heavy glass tumblers. She poured and we just talked. It was kind of nice.

"Rinaldo." She said trying it out. "Is that your real name. Nothing personal but you don't look like a Rinaldo."

"It is my legal name, Rinaldo Medici. It is however not my birth name. I left that behind a long time ago and no I'm not a crook."

"You come off as too innocent to be a hoodlum." She laughed as she poured our third shot. "Ravenna, my name is Ravenna Bates originally Ravenna Lindstrom. I kept my late husband's name since I am an outsider. Folks around here are strict about outsiders. My car broke down and he helped me out and things went from there. I voted for you." She said as she nervously rambled.

"Thank you," I laughed. "It was an experience."

"Did you really call the Senate Majority Leader a corrupt cocksucker live on C-Span?"

"I did indeed!" I replied proudly. "I stand by my statement. I was fined and on the naughty list for that one. What pissed them off was that a month later I received the proof."

"They said it was a heart attack. He lied about why he retired!" She laughed.

"No, they didn't. When I sent him a copy of those files, he had a heart attack and damn near died sitting behind his big fancy desk." I explained. "He withdrew his disapproval of several pieces of legislation I was sponsoring before he officially retired. They were all signed into law. I didn't seek reelection after seeing what he had become."

"Where is the most interesting place that you've made love?" She asked as she produced a second bottle of tequila and opened it.

"You won't believe me." I replied and she plopped into my lap facing away from me.

"I will." She said pouring our next shot. "Tell me... please!" She purred as she ground her ass against my groin.

"Okay, here goes... do you know St. Peter's Square in Vatican City?" I asked as she reached under her dress and removed her panties.

"Yes." She moaned. "I like where this is going." She giggled as she unzipped my jeans. "Go on... Bazinga!" She exclaimed as she freed my erection.

"There is a balcony that looks out over the square." I moaned as she tugged up the bottom of her dress and let her sit bare ass in my lap. My cock slid between her exquisite ass cheeks. Ravenna began rocking her hips slowly teasing both of us.

"Wait! Isn't that the one where... he gives his speeches?! UNNNNN... oh yes!" She whimpered as my cock just happened to slide into her. "Gods you are thick! You tricked me!"

"Pfft!" I dismissed her as she slowly impaled her pussy. "My poor penis was just sitting there when a gorgeous, yet exotic woman, seduced me with her soaking wet pussy."

"Officer, it was a drive by fucking!" She laughed until I unzipped her dress and freed her tits. "UNNNN Yeah! I love it when my tits are played with!"

She thrust her hips harder now driving me deeper. I urged her into a standing position allowing her to brace herself against the glass topped coffee table. Her head dropped down as I pounded her from behind. Her grunting drowned out the conversations from people walking outside on the street. I wonder if she were up for a little exhibition.

"You left your drapes open." I moaned in her ear.

"Did I?" She whimpered. "They can't possibly see anything while we are here." She replied dismissively. "Oh wait, no... damn you no!" She growled as I swept her off her feet. She let out a deep guttural noise with each step I took. "You are going to ruin my reputation." She snapped as her hands pressed against the front window. Her face came close to the cold glass and as she exhaled letters and numbers appeared on the windowpane. "Yikes!" She cried out when her bare breasts pressed hard against the cold glass.

"What was that?" I asked as she wiped the hidden message away.

"Nothing." She cried out as I picked up speed. "Coming!" Ravenna shuddered as she climaxed.

"I'll let it slide this time." I stated as I let her close the drapes. "My turn."

"Anything to satisfy a customer." Ravenna purred.

"Anything?" I moaned in her ear.

"What did you have in mind?" She whimpered as my cock hardened inside of her.

The girls staggered in a little after midnight drunk as skunks. I helped them undress and crawled in bed between them. I had already done the same for Ravenna an hour earlier. I drifted off to sleep now that I knew the girls were safe and sound. I had the craziest dream of being tied up and taken advantage of by a woman in an elaborate crimson mask. The Widow woke us for breakfast and damned if the dynamic duo didn't show much of an effect of being out drinking the night before. I didn't feel that bad after sharing an entire bottle of tequila, but then I had drunk two glasses of water and took aspirin before bed. We ate a full English breakfast and Tori noticed that Ravenna was walking a bit odd.

"Are you okay Widow?" Madison asked as the disheveled woman joined us at the table.

"NNNNNO," She whimpered as she slowly lowered her tender bottom to the padded seat beneath her.

"You did say anything." I reminded her.

"Care to share?" Tori asked and Ravenna was so damn proud she stood, raised her skirt, and flashed us her bright red bottom. "He spanked you good."

"That he did, and to top it off he... added insult to injury." She stammered.

"Oh my!" Tori exclaimed. "I thought you wanted to do that to me."

"I do and I will," I growled hungrily. "If you are still willing."

"Doubly so after seeing that." She gestured at Ravenna's bottom with her fork.

"Who wants to go window shopping?" I asked after we finished breakfast and they pouted. "Fine! Who wants to go shopping?" All three of them agreed and I looked at the Widow and she blushed on command. "I am going to take a shower... we are going to take a quick shower... it is nine o'clock we'll be out of here in an hour."

We barely made it. The hunger was infectious, and I surprised myself at being able to keep up with the three of them. We walked to the heart of the town and started at the closest shop and worked our way around. Ravenna introduced us to everyone and when we were back out on the street, she'd fill us in on any and all the gossip pertaining to them. The first store was a craft shop that also framed pictures. The girl behind the counter was hugely pregnant, like ready to pop pregnant. I could tell by the Widow's expression that she knew something. We spread out and I watched them pick through the stock. I wasn't quite paying attention and stumbled. Buried under a minor avalanche of skeins of yarn was a wooden box. I picked it up and examined it. The thing was quite old, in good condition, and had been assembled without using a single screw or drop of glue.

"Excuse me," I said looking at the name tag of the salesgirl. "Rose? Is this for sale?"

"Rosemary." She muttered with little expression of emotion or enthusiasm. "Let me see it." She giggled suddenly. "The box you dirty old man!" She laughed as tears streamed down her cheeks and she fought off bottled up panic or hysteria. "Two bucks." She said as her lower lip quivered.

"Here." I said giving her a twenty-dollar bill. "Are you...?"

"Do I fucking look okay to you?!" She shrieked as she clenched the money in her fist.

An older woman raced out from the back of the store and held her. I picked up the box and we left. Ravenna seemed surprised at the intensity of the girl's reaction. We regrouped on the sidewalk and I stared at the Widow and she filled us in.

"The father of her child left her the poor thing. A one-night stand with a married man. He has a son at the school at the edge of the town. She's a bit upset that he refuses to acknowledge his responsibility. The man is an ambassador after all, I don't know what she expects."

"Ambassador? Which one?" I asked curious as hell now.

"For the United Kingdom, I think. Thorn is his name. I can't remember his first name." She said.

We continued down the street, walked past the laundromat and into the Jack's Junk Shop. It was a critical mass of crap crammed into a decently sized store front. He must have been collecting shit for decades. Jack was somewhere between eighty and zombification. His skin was a map of scars, faded tattoos, and liver spots. The spots gave his dark leathery flesh the look of a celestial map of stars of various sizes. The wisps of white hair that still managed to cling to his scalp were few but the ones that remained were amazingly long. I won't go into the ruin that was the guy's mouth and unsettling smile.

"Stick close." I whispered. "This guy gives me the creeps."

"Yeah." Madison agreed. "What is he doing?"

"Wiping off the ink from his fingers again." The Widow explained. "Who was it this time Jack?" She called out.

"It was the Feds," Jack replied in a strong loud tenor. "They try that shit too often. Like I'd ever leave behind any fingerprints." He said and then laughed as he used a gnarly looking rag to remove the last of the ink from his digits. His laughter wasn't a pleasant sound.

"OH!" Tori called out suddenly as she held up a cube clad in gold leaf and etched with Latin text. "A Rubik's Cube!"

"No!" I scrambled to gently and carefully take the thing from her grasp. "That is the Lament Configuration and I think it is time to leave. I'll explain later."

They didn't argue as we headed for the exit. Jack fired off a final salvo that left me chilled to my core.

"You are pretty well-informed mister." He chuckled. "Come on back and I'll give you a deal on anything that catches your fancy."

His laughter followed us out to the street, and I glared at Ravenna.

"He's an odd one." She said weighing whether and how much to tell us. "Girls go missing occasionally and his truck has been seen sometimes. The police pull him in, but they haven't found anything."

I let it slide. We were here to have fun and see the town and its local wildlife. I didn't miss that someone had cleaned the graffiti from the founder's statue. That bit still bothered me until the Widow happened to talk about how well educated the future diplomats, politicians, and titans of industry were. The next few shops were normal, and the trio spent a couple of hours picking out jewelry, clothing, and the catch all accessories. Practically starved from all that hard work we ate lunch at the diner, and it felt like we had stepped back to the 1950s. Despite the cool temperatures I wasn't about to pass up the chance for a handmade strawberry shake.

"There is a lingerie shop on the far side of town." Ravenna informed the girls and they were all for trying on some skimpy outfits.

"I don't believe it!" I exclaimed as I set down enough cash to pay for lunch. "I'll be outside." I said as I grabbed my jacket and raced out. "Olivia! Hey! Olivia!"

"Of course, you'd be here!" The curvy Italian replied as we closed ranks. "I dreamt about you on the flight over."

"I hoped you changed your panties afterwards." I joked.

"You know I never wear panties." She replied just an ancient Catholic nun walked by and cursed us out in Latin. "How rude."

"Who are you with?" I asked as Donald Mortimer, a former colleague of mine, appeared from the back of his van.

"She was right!" Don stated shaking his head. "Good to see you Medici. Life is treating you well."

"You look like you are doing good." I replied. "Here for the Crane House?"

"You know it, we all are." He stated excitedly. "Where are they? They were supposed to meet us here."

"Who?" I asked gesturing for the ladies to join us so I could introduce them.

"Steve, Gail, and Marcus. They might have been bringing some others with them. I don't know." He said worried.

I did intros all around on both sides and when I came to Olivia, I described her a potent spiritual medium. Tori had never heard the term before, and I explained the difference between a spiritual and physical medium. Olivia in turn returned the favor.

"What most of you may not know, and that includes Medici here, is that he is a potent Telempath. A Telepath can read and project thoughts." She explained. "A Telempath can only read and project emotions. They can read a room or a single person better than any psychologist."

"I call bullshit." Don never hesitated to get his thoughts across.

"I'll prove it. Ladies. Be honest... agreed?" Olivia asked and they all nodded. "Good! Now watch and observe." She said as she faced away from me and bent over at the waist.

"UNNN!" Tori let out a deep moan.

"I am soaked." Madison announced.

"I see what you mean." Ravenna whimpered. "You are right."

"Rinaldo here is a world class 'ass man'. Aren't you sugar?" Olivia asked as she stood up.

"I can neither deny nor... yeah I am." I admitted. "You still got it."

The girls decided to take a pass on anymore shopping. We hit the liquor store instead and returned to the B&B and have an official chin wag. I was concerned that the others Don had mentioned hadn't showed up yet. I took out my cellphone as the ladies set up snacks and booze. I got in touch with Marcus and discovered they were already at the Crane house and they weren't alone. There was a total of three teams that had agreed to work together.

"Medici is in town!" Marcus called out as he put me on speaker.

"Hey man!" A few people called out. "Why aren't you here?"

"I am doing the house on Halloween! Besides, I am here getting ready to catch up with Olivia and Don." I stated and there were cries of foul. "Come on down, then we can all do it right on Halloween."

They never hesitated. The mob arrived an hour later with more food and booze. What had begun as a small get together turned into a full-blown party. Ravenna was surprisingly understanding. She played hostess expertly and soon all the rooms were booked for the next two nights. Olivia and I did introductions. Between her and I we knew everyone present. Marshall, a chemist by trade, played bartender and soon we were all sharing all the bits and pieces of trivia we had discovered about the Crane mansion. There were overlaps of course but each of the groups had a bit to offer of obscure trivia or history. It became clear that the house was anything but normal. The amount of tragedy surrounding it surpassed any other place or structure I've ever investigated. They should have named it Sorrow for all the unfortunate events surrounding it. The latest suicide was especially pointless but who was I to judge the actions of others.

The alcohol flowed, stories were shared, and the sadness of others was forgotten for now. Madison was in her element. She was far more social than I. Even though I knew most everyone the sheer noise was a bit overwhelming. I retreated to the back porch and as good friends do Olivia joined me and hugged the stress away.

"You are my hero." She announced as we shared a blanket for warmth. "Do you remember Milan?"

"Do I? That is where we first made love." I purred. "What a night!"

"Night? Nights... plural... three if I recall accurately." She laughed. "You spoiled me. To this day I still compare other men to you and that time together."

"I am equally guilty." I admitted. "You taught me so much and were so damn patient. Still are."

"You are worth it." She whispered. "Let's go... leave before the shit storm descends. This is Shallowsea all over again."

"I came prepared this time." I said. "If I don't try, I'll blame myself for what follows."

"Your girl Tori was telling everyone that you found one of the Lament Configurations." Olivia stated changing the subject slightly. "That alone screams we should retreat." She said and I looked her in the eye. "I hate it when you are right. What have you brought?"