Hostile Takeover Ch. 02

Story Info
Conclusion: the end of Preston's tale.
22.5k words
4.6
121.1k
63

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 04/07/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StangStar06
StangStar06
5,803 Followers

Authors note: Thanks to everyone who started here last week and came back for the second part. I really hated breaking the story up into two parts, but as you can see, It's kind of long. The good news is that there are only 2 parts. The hard work is over because you have all of the backstory taken care of. You already know most of the characters and their motivations. So hold on to your hats, because this is where it really gets crazy. Special Thanks to Rehnquist for allowing me to use some of his toys. Thanks also to everyone who took the time last week to comment on the first part or email me to let me know what they thought.

# # # # # # # # # # # # # #

Okay, where was I? Oh yeah, back at the motel. I'd been trying to sleep on the hard, warped wooden floor of the motel, when I'd heard a sound. I looked outside through the window, and everything seemed to be okay. My Mustang was snug as a bug in a rug under its car cover. I saw no activity of any kind outside. I grabbed a can of wild cherry Pepsi from the cooler and popped the top.

How the hell did I get into this situation? In just a few hours my company; or our company, Runaway technologies would be starting operations for the day. God I missed the hum and purr of those machines. I even missed the shitty political nature of the administrative and sales office.

It seemed like so many things had happened over the past few months. I had barely begun to grieve, over the death of my mentor, Sam Stevenson, when I discovered that his daughter, my wife Charlotte, was cheating on me and had gone crazy. A lot of people probably wonder why I'd married Charlotte in the first place. Our personalities didn't seem to mesh. All I can say is that love is strange and opposites attract. There was also the fact that the sex was good. Anyway eventually I found out about her and was devastated. I wanted her out of my life for good. But it wasn't to be.

I couldn't divorce her for business reasons. So I started a relationship with Annalise, the sweetest, kindest woman I'd ever met. I was also conflicted because it seemed like I was cheating too, but I've never claimed to be a paragon of virtue. I just wanted to be happy, but you already know that part right? If you don't, read the first part of the story.

Everything really went to hell in the first few days after Annalise's kidney transplant. When she first opened her eyes I knew that everything was fucked up.

Annalise had never in her life, at least as long as I'd known her, said a cross word to anyone. She had always loved Amanda, my mother in law. I love Amanda too, for the record. In fact everyone loves Amanda, except for her daughter Charlotte.

Anyway Amanda came into the room with a nurse, to check Anna's condition. The nurse looked at her eyes, and nodded her head. "Do you notice anything different about her eyes?" I asked. I know I sounded like a fucking lunatic, but I was scared shit-less.

"Yes," said the nurse. "Her eyes have cleared up remarkably. In fact her coloring overall is excellent."

I wrote the nurse off as an imbecile. But maybe only someone who had spent time looking deeply into Anna's eyes would notice the differences. Amanda hadn't noticed it yer either. Then Anna started talking about how her lower back was still causing her some discomfort, and some other non-sense. Amanda gently stroked her forehead and smiled at her, then left to make some arrangements for Anna's care when she left the hospital.

"God, I hate that bitch," hissed Anna. I was shocked, and realized that I wasn't crazy, there was definitely something wrong with Anna.

"Press, when I leave here, I am not going to stay in that mausoleum with Grandma," she said calmly. "I want you to arrange for me to stay with you instead."

"Annalise, are you crazy?" I asked. "We aren't married, my wife just died. We haven't even buried her yet. What would people think?"

"God Damn it Press, you know who I am," she snapped. "So don't start any of that bullshit. We're still married. I told you already that nothing could keep us apart. Now, we do have some issues to work out. And we aren't going to be able to work them out if we're apart."

"Hold on Anna," I said. My head was spinning faster and faster. She sounded exactly like the person she claimed to be. She sounded like my psychotic wife, or ex wife since she was technically dead. "How is this possible?" I asked.

"Press, do you remember all of those classes I flunked in college?" she asked. I nodded my head woodenly, trying to follow her.

"Well in one of those science classes we talked about cloning. Did you know that it is theoretically possible to recreate an entire organism or being, from a few of its cells? Each and every cell contains the genetic blueprint of the organism. So when my bitch of a mother gave my fucking kidney to your girlfriend, I had my way in. Think about it, if you can reproduce an entire organism from one cell, or a few cells; it's even easier to recreate my mind and personality from the millions of cells contained in my kidney. Then all I had to do was to take over this body from your wimpy little girlfriend. She had almost no personality, and she was nearly dead anyway."

"There are a few of her memories still left in here," she said tapping the side of her head. "But for the most part, she's gone. Do you want to know anything about her?" She smiled the way Charlotte always did. It seemed out of place on Anna's face.

"I know you think she was a perfect little angel, but she wasn't. Press, she had faults and failings just like the rest of us. Did you know that she loved you, very much? She had from the first day that she met you. Yep, your little angel just fell, ass over tea cup for you, the second she saw you," smirked Charlotte in Anna's body.

"What's wrong with that?" I asked.

Charlotte/Anna sneered at me, and in a very low voice said, "Because she knew that you were married, and she still wanted you. It was wrong. It was also a very stupid thing to do, because if I'd ever found out about it, I'd have killed her, Press. No one takes anything away from me ever!"

"Now that you mention it, you're not so fucking pure yourself, are you, my husband?" she asked. "From looking through her memories, I can see that you fucked this little bitch while I was in that nut farm, you sent me to. She was almost a virgin, but she was walking around with her almost unused little pussy just dripping for you, every time she saw you," sneered, Charlotte/Anna.

"So, what" I snapped. "As far as I'm concerned, our marriage was over. You cheated on me and I was going to get a divorce from you anyway. But I..." I stopped.

"Go ahead and say it Press," she laughed. Her voice sounded really funny because she had Anna's pitch and voice, but the inflection, tone and vocal patterns were purely Charlotte. "But you couldn't divorce me because my mother told you not to, because you might lose the company. Who told you about my cheating? My mother did, didn't she? Who told you that poor little Anna loved you? My mother did that too. Who told you that poor little Anna, with her dried up unused little pussy was going to die? Why, that was my mother again wasn't it Press?"

"Yes," I snapped. "But she was only looking out for me, someone had to. Because the person who promised to love and honor me was too busy fucking around on me."

"So, you admit that my mother tried to break us up, and replace me with this ridiculous little husk of a woman? Good, so now you can see why my mother has to die, Preston. Now we just need to work out the issues between us," smiled Charlotte. This time the smile came out really warm and friendly. It was obviously an Annalise smile.

For a second I thought that Anna was back and I'd imagined the whole previous conversation.

"Press, this is a chance for us to start all over again," she said. "My last body had things wrong with it. I think getting my implants threw a lot of my hormones out of whack. It made me constantly horny. I just thought about fucking all of the time. When I was bored, I'd just find someone to fuck. Whenever I was angry, or frustrated or whatever; I just found someone or someones. That was my answer," she said. It was like she was trying to explain everything to me for some reason.

"Anyway, this body doesn't have those same issues. Right now it doesn't want to fuck at all. It wants to have boring romantic sex, and only with one person. You, Press, you're all this body wants. And then there's my mind. You are the only person I've ever loved. No, I want to be totally honest with you. I loved my daddy until you came along. But then when you came along, I didn't need him anymore. You're the only person who matters to me," I could tell that she was being serious.

"So we can be happy, Press, finally. All you have to do is give me four things, and I promise you, that you'll be the happiest man on earth," she said sincerely.

"I'm happy now," I said. "My problems are pretty much over. Why do I need to do anything to please you? The way I look at it there are two possibilities here. Number one you're Anna, pretending to be Charlotte out of some kind of guilt over taking her kidney. We get you psychiatric treatment, and everything is fine. We stay friends, but kind of go our own way," I said.

"Possibility number two, you are my psychotic bitch of an ex wife. You've taken over Anna's body just as you said you have. It won't matter because I'm not married to you, so I'm still free of your crazy ass. So, why should I care." I waited for her response.

"Because you love me, Press, and you know it. Crazy or not, you can't live without me. Maybe if I was really dead, you could find someone else, but it would only be a pale shadow of what we had. Now that you know that there's a part of me in this little bitch, you're still going to want me. Plus, since you did like her as well, you're getting both of us. It's a two-for." she said. "Plus, trust me, Press, you don't want me for an enemy."

I sighed, and she took that as a sign that maybe she was winning me over. In reality I was still trying to wrap my head around the idea that this might truly be Charlotte.

"Press, have you ever heard of Turret's syndrome? Those poor people keep cursing and saying bad things because they just can't help it. Well it was the same with me. My body was constantly aroused, and my brain was just hardwired to think that I could have anything I wanted, if I went after it hard enough. Now we have a chance to have the relationship you've always wanted. We have a fresh start."

"What do you want Charlotte?" I asked.

"The same thing I've always wanted, Press. I want you," she said.

"I meant what are your four wishes or conditions or whatever?"I said.

"Number one," she began. "I want you to forgive me for everything I did in my old body. If we're going to make this fresh new start, you have to trust me, and give me a chance to be faithful to you. None of that guarded shit, where you're just waiting for me to fuck up. No having me followed by PI's. All of that negativity would doom us before we get started. I want you invested in this relationship whole heartedly, with both feet, not half assed, or it won't have a chance." I nodded and she smiled.

"Charlotte or Anna or whoever the hell you are now, I didn't say yes. I was just nodding to let you know that I understand what you want and what you mean," I said.

"Number two," she said. "As soon as possible after we bury my old body, I want you to start dating me, and marry me in this body. I absolutely can't stand not being married to you. Do you know what I went through to get us married last time? The only reason I let you put me in that nuthouse after you caught me, was because I could tell by looking at you that you were done with me. If I hadn't been committed you'd have divorced me for sure and that would have killed me. Press, I realized right then that you were not like my Daddy. No matter what I did, my Daddy always forgave me. You were not going to. I learned a lot from that. I won't make that mistake again."

I think my expression let her know that I was dubious in my belief of her last statement. "Okay Charlotte, what's the third one?" I asked.

"I want you to quit your job, and sell all of your stock, and not have anything to do with that fucking company again. Or just quit, and keep just enough stock so we don't have to work. I'm tired of that company coming between us. When I wake up, or look around, I want my husband beside me, or better yet in me. Not playing around with some stupid robot, or some dumb drilling machine," she smiled.

"What's the last one?" I asked. The first three were bad enough, I wondered what else she wanted.

"You have two choices, this one is going to be hard, Press. You will not like it at all, but I think that we're worth a little sacrifice. And after everything that's gone on, this will only be a little sacrifice. You can either help me get it, or just stay out of the way and let me get it by myself," she said.

"Get what Charlotte?" I asked.

She smiled at me again. It wasn't the Anna smile this time. It was the full on eerie, wrong smile for the face, Charlotte smile. Her eyes had the intense green flecks again as well.

"I want my mother's fucking head, on a God Damned pike," she said. "Either with your help or without it she's going to fucking die, for interfering in my life. So get used to it. Besides it's really not that bad of an idea. She's always claimed she loves my Daddy, so maybe it's time they were re-united."

"No Charlotte," I said. "I won't do it."

"It's not that big a deal," she said. "She goes to church all the time. Don't you think she deserves a chance to meet God?"

I walked out of the room and left the hospital. Behind me I could hear the sound of Charlotte laughing.

Chapter 2

I went to work, and threw myself into the business. Charlotte or Anna had to stay in the hospital for another four days after her surgery. She moved in with Amanda until she was ready to live on her own again. She missed her own funeral. I went, to support Amanda of course. I imagined that it was Annalise we were burying, because for all intents and purposes, we were. My sweet Anna had been driven from her own mind and body by Charlotte's Hostile Takeover. She was an innocent, but bad things happen to good people too.

In the first few weeks after the funeral life got back to a semblance of normal. I avoided Charlotte/Anna as much as I could. I spent even more time with Amanda. No one thought it was odd because she was after all, my mother in law. We were the only family that each other had. Somehow neither, Amanda or anyone else noticed anything odd about Anna. I couldn't figure out a way to tell Amanda without sounding like I was the crazy one. After a few weeks she brought the subject up herself, at one of our lunches.

"Press, what happened to you and Anna?" asked Amanda, one day while we were having lunch. "She thinks you don't love her anymore."

"Maybe it was Charlotte dying," I said. "Or maybe, I just realized that what I thought we had; isn't as good as I thought it could be."

"Or maybe you noticed something weird about her after the transplant," said Amanda softly. "Press, you know you can tell me anything. I've noticed it too. Our little Anna isn't quite the same. There are some memories she's lost, but at other times she knows things that she couldn't possibly know."

I nodded my head, marveling once again at how astute Amanda was. At the same time I still didn't want her to think that I was crazy. So I didn't tell her just how different Anna was.

"Press, I think you should spend more time with Anna. She'll be ready to go back to work soon, so I'm sure she'd be ready to go out for some fun. She talks about you constantly. And I miss having you come over to the house. I know you miss Charlotte, but it's time for us to move on. Anna's surgery had to have affected her, so give her some time and she'll come back to herself. I want you to be happy, Press. You're all I have left."

Amanda pulled her sunglasses on and stood up. Every man in the restaurant looked at her, and then at me. They were all wondering what the hell I was doing with her. She leaned over and kissed me, very gently on my cheek. I found myself wishing she'd kissed my lips. I wanted to take her in my arms so badly.

"Press, you can't hide in the Plant forever," she said. She reached behind her and pushed the button on her key fob. Her silver Cadillac CTS-V's motor roared to life. Less than a second later, the car exploded. The pressure wave was so powerful that it knocked Amanda over and into my arms.

"I guess I'd better drive you home," I said casually. Amanda was too shocked to say anything. She just nodded her head. I was sure that she thought that what happened was only an accident, or that something was defective in her car. I on the other hand knew that the war had started.

The problem I had was that I didn't know what to do, or how to do it. If I went around telling people that Charlotte had taken over Anna's body and wanted to kill Amanda, they'd lock me up. I wasn't even sure Amanda would believe it. On the other hand, there was simply no way I could let her get away with it.

I guess that was the moment that I realized that I loved Amanda, more than I loved Charlotte or Anna. I didn't feel safe with Amanda living in the house with Anna either, but there was no way I could tell her to throw Anna out. And it would be even stranger for me to try and move in with them.

After the police had spoken to us, and had Amanda's car towed away, I told Amanda that while she took my car and went to pick out a rental car for herself, I'd speak to Anna. Amanda's insurance company was handling everything. We drove to Amanda's house so she could change clothes before going to pick out a car.

I watched as Amanda drove away in my Mustang. I'd never let anyone drive it before, so it hurt just a bit. I also had another idea in mind. I needed to find out if Charlotte was behind what happened to Amanda's car. I went into the house to confront her. When I spoke to other people about her, I always called her Anna or Annalise as everyone else did. But I knew it was Charlotte in that body.

"Charlotte, get your ass down here," I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"Press, honey it's about time you came to see me," she gushed. "Have you changed your mind?"

"Hell no," I snapped. "Charlotte if you try to hurt Amanda, I'll stop you."

Charlotte laughed for at least a full minute. "Press, how are you going to do that? You're too much of a boy scout to ever try to hurt me. And you can't tell anyone who I am, because they'd think you were crazy. Just sit back and it'll all be over soon."

"No Charlotte," I said. My eyes narrowed, and she could tell I was serious.

Charlotte just smiled and said, "Well I guess that means I'll have to make sure you can't stop me."

"Let me guess, you're going to kill me too?" I asked. Charlotte only laughed harder. "Press, are you stupid? I'd never hurt you; no matter what. You and I being together, was what gave me the strength not to cross over. My love for you, combined with Anna's love for you was the pathway that made it possible for my consciousness to take over this body. If you die, I think I would too. So I'm just going to have to arrange for a little vacation, for you, until Mommy Dearest is pushing up daisies."

Charlotte was looking at me with a really funny look on her face. Then I realized that she wasn't looking at me at all. By the time I figured out that there was someone behind me, I felt a sharp blow to the back of my head, and the blackness started to close in on me. I remember looking up from the floor and seeing some guy looking down at me. I heard Charlotte screaming at him. "I told you not to hurt him. If he's hurt, I'll make sure you die, and painfully.

StangStar06
StangStar06
5,803 Followers