Houston Ch. 01: The Problem

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What else did he tell you?" John asked, trying to keep a neutral tone of voice.

"He said all married men want to see their wives get screwed by another man," she said.

"And you believed him?" John asked.

"Yes," she said. "I'm sorry, John. You're gone so much and I honestly thought it would make you happy."

"Were you offered a position that would require you to engage in sexual acts with senior members of your firm?" John asked.

"Yes," she said.

"And would this position require you to have sex with clients and potential clients?" John asked.

"I believe so," she said.

"And were you led to believe I would approve of this?" he asked her.

"They said you would resist at first, but that you would eventually come to accept it," she said.

"Did they say what might happen if I didn't approve or accept?" John asked.

"They said it wouldn't go well for you," she told him.

"Did they imply a threat?" John asked.

"Yes," she told him.

"Are other women in your firm required to perform sex acts for the partners?" John asked.

"Yes, some are," she said.

"As far as you know, do their significant others approve of this?" he asked.

"As far as I know, yes," she said.

"Have you personally spoken to them about this? The significant others, that is?" John asked.

"No, not personally," she said. "A couple of the other women said they've come to appreciate it and the extra money they get as a bonus."

"So, the other women are paid extra to engage in sex acts with the partners and the clients?" John asked.

"Yes," she said.

"Do you love me?" he asked. She began sobbing.

"Yes, more than anything," she said.

"Are you willing to quit your job right now?" John asked.

"Yes, absolutely," she told him.

"Are you willing to take possible legal action against the firm?" he asked. She nodded her head.

"Yes, I'll do anything to make this right by you," she told him.

"Are you telling me all this because you think that's what I want to hear?" John asked. She shook her head.

"No, John," she said. "I'm so sorry. I got stupid and fell for Greg's line of crap, and the other women who spoke to me made it sound so wonderful and glorious. Please believe me." John looked at the verifier's tablet, then at the man holding it. He nodded his head.

"Very well, Houston," he said. "That will be all for now. Please stay here for a moment. I'll be right back." She nodded her head as John and the verifier went back up the stairs.

"Well?" John asked when they were alone in the front room.

"The verifier says she's telling the truth," the man told John. "Alpha One wants a word with you, by the way." He pulled up the messaging app on his tablet and John could see the craggy face of his boss, Regis Carlisle, a.k.a., "Alpha One," fill the screen, his one good eye looking intently at him.

"John," Regis said. "I hear you've had quite a homecoming."

"Yes, boss," John said. "I've had better."

"Of course," Regis told him. "I've seen the results of the verification. What are your intentions?"

"My gut tells me to kick her to the curb," John said. Regis nodded his head.

"No one would blame you if you did, John," he said. "Before you do, though, you should know the full skinny."

"What's that?" John asked.

"If you file for divorce, there's a chance your affiliation with Alpha could be discovered," Regis said. "And that would be... unfortunate, if you catch my drift. For both of you."

"I understand," John said. Alpha Sector didn't believe in loose ends. If he were compromised, especially in a court of law, it could cost his life -- and Houston's. And he knew Regis had no qualms about making people disappear, no matter how close he might be to them.

"Good," Regis said. "You should also know that we've had our eye on Omega for a while now, thanks to some of the intel you've brought back these last few trips." That was news to John. "Which means we've been keeping tabs on your wife," he added. That didn't surprise John. "And I can tell you that while your wife showed an extreme lack of judgment, she hasn't crossed the line -- yet."

"That's good to hear," John said. "Can you enlighten me about Omega?"

"Not over this connection," Regis said. "But I do think it's time to bring Houston in from the cold, so to speak. After all, you have been living something of a lie these past few years. Think you can do that?"

"I think so," John said. Regis nodded his head.

"Good," he said. "Don't tell her too much -- just enough to pique her interest. I want to see the two of you in my office first thing tomorrow morning."

"But she doesn't have access," John said. "Are you planning to recruit her or something?"

"She'll have access by then," Regis said. "And for all practical purposes, she's already been recruited. She just doesn't know it yet." John considered his boss' statement. If that was true, Houston had very little choice but to help. He didn't want to think of the alternative. "So, have some of that lasagna she's got warmed up in the oven, let her fuck your brains out tonight, and have her here at 0700 hours, sharp. Got it?"

"Got it, boss," John said.

"By the way, you know that technically, you screwed up, letting Greg live," Regis said.

"How is he, by the way?" John asked.

"Well, that's one hell of a bar of soap he slipped on. He's in a medically induced coma right about now," Regis said. "I hear he may lose one of his testicles. He'll have some amnesia when, and if, he comes out of the coma. We might be able to get a confession out of him, but I'm not so certain. Don't worry, we'll take care of his memory when and if that becomes an issue." John nodded his head in understanding.

"See you in the morning," Regis said. He smiled, then ended the conversation. John looked at the man holding the tablet. He shrugged his shoulders and put his tablet away.

"See ya later," he said as he headed for the door. John turned and headed downstairs after the door closed. He found Houston still in her chair, wiping tears from her eyes. She looked up at him sadly as he walked in. He sat down in front of her and looked at her.

"I've really fucked up, haven't I?" she asked. He nodded his head.

"Yes," he said. "Big time."

"I'm sorry, John," she said. "I really believed what Greg and the others told me. I never knew you'd react like this. The last thing I ever want to do is hurt you. I'll pack up and leave now. You deserve someone much better than me." She started to get up, but he stopped her.

"Stay where you are for now," John said. "I accept your apology. And I need to apologize to you as well."

"For what?" she asked. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"I need to apologize for leaving you alone as much as I have," he said. "My work, it's, well, complicated."

"I understand," she said. He shook his head.

"No, you don't," he said. "For starters, John Smith isn't the name I was born with."

"What?" she asked. "Then, who are you? And was that story about your father true? Or was that a lie?"

"No, the story about my father is real," he said. "I was born to Bill and Freda Muenster in a little town in north central Texas, just south of the Red River. They thought it would be cute to name me Herman."

"Herman?" she asked. "As in," she began before he cut her off.

"Yeah," he said as she giggled. "What's so funny?"

"Your original name," she said. "I'm sorry, but it is funny."

"Well, it wasn't funny growing up with that name, let me tell you," John said. "However, my name was changed to John Smith after I got out of the Marines."

"You were in the Marines?" she asked. "I didn't know that."

"There's a lot about me you don't know," he said. "And it's about time you did. You think that lasagna is still good?"

"Yeah," she said. "It's just staying warm in the oven."

"Good," he said. "Why don't we have some lasagna and I'll tell you a little story."

"Does this mean you forgive me?" she asked.

"We'll see," he said, standing up. "Care to join me for dinner?" he asked, extending his hand. She smiled, took his hand and stood up.

...

To be continued...


12