How High a Price

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wife, if you, if we want somehow to make this marriage work, we are going to have to face this; hour by hour, day to day, week by week, in this house, as we try to reopen communication."

Taking a long breath, he continued, almost whispering, "I don't know if it can be done. I do know we can make no decisions today. It will be months, maybe years before we can again be truly comfortable with one another. For tonight I'll sleep in the guest room. Tomorrow we will replace our king sized bed with a full sized bed for each of us. The master bedroom is large enough. Somehow, if we work hard at it, we may be able to get through this; if we both want to make it work. At the moment I wonder if you do. For now, this is the best I can do."

Turning to look back into the living room, it was like looking into a dark cave after looking outside into their sunny backyard. "I'm willing to try. We can talk about what marriage means to each of us over the coming months. Maybe we can save this."

"Susan, I love you."

Sliding the glass doors open to the patio he stepped outside. As he slid the door closed he heard his wife's sobs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As I warned in the beginning, there is no ending to this story. If any of my friends feel they must have an ending, please write it. I can picture an almost infinite number of ways this couple could go.

If you do write an ending, please use the title, "How High a Price?" and append your 'nom de guerre' to it. Such as "How High a Price? as finished by (your nom de querre). Or some such, but use the title to have it listed side by side with the original and identify it as your take on the way it should finish.

It is my story, as I said in the prologue, it is not autobiographical. As a courtesy, send me your ending. Not for approval, that would be your work, but I would like to see how your imagination saw this.

And please vote (high I hope) and tell me what you think.

12