How to Overcome a Fear of Flying

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No you wouldn't have," he interrupted sharply.

"Excuse me?!" she was red-faced as well and almost looked ready to slap him.

"You're here trying to call me out for being judgmental when you dish that shit out like it's a bodily function. I don't think you've given anybody the benefit of the doubt in a long time."

"I..." she faltered, to his surprise and almost seemed legitimately hurt behind her fiery stare.

He paused and resisted getting sucked into the beauty of her intense angry eyes to keep his train of thought, though he pivoted a little, in choosing his next words.

"You know what kind of party I was cooking for? For my friends and I?" he asked, now feeling the freedom of not giving a shit.

She shook her head with a frown of confusion, "What the fuck do I c-"

"It was a costume party."

She looked sideways, "Okay..."

"It was the release of the newest instalment of The Brass Dominion series."

He paused and told himself he was glad that she gave him a blank look of nonrecognition.

"It's the book I'm reading."

"Right, the... space er, steam-punk one?" she confirmed, her anger seeming to dwindle as she tried to follow where he was going.

"Yeah, plus there's an animated series now, and games, comics, tons of stuff. It's got a wide following and there's fan clubs all over."

She rolled her eyes halfway before stopping herself and he squinted at her, telling himself he was glad he caught it. He waited for her to reply but she simply waited impatiently for him to continue.

"And the food I made... Was all themed like the stuff in Brass Dominion. They all came over to my apartment dressed up like the characters. It was all friends I'd made from the fan club, and it was fun as hell."

She sat back and eyed him suspiciously. He waited for her reply.

"I'm not doing it," she said with a stubborn shrug.

"What do you mean?"

"I can tell what you're trying to do. You're trying to get me to make fun of you for being a geek, so I come across like a bitch and I'm not gonna do it."

He was annoyed at her seeing through it, but persisted anyway, "So you agree you would be, if you did?"

She crossed her arms and scowled.

He continued, "Like you pretty much did a few minutes ago?"

"If I was being a bitch then you sure as shit were being a petulant asshole," she said.

He glanced at her son who was half-asleep with headphones on still staring obliviously at the ipad.

He looked back at her and said, "Fine. I probably was, but I'm not ashamed of having interests that aren't cool or popular. It doesn't mean I fit some tired trope of a computer nerd. Life isn't like the fucking big bang theory, or whatever you're thinking. I'm not obsessed with it and I have friends outside of it. I still went to other parties in college, I went to dance clubs I did that whole scene but I was already sick of it by the end, and then all those friends scattered after graduation like it was nothing, but my fan-club friends stuck around. They're the ones that were real, and still are. You and your safe, trendy soccer-mom clique can judge all you want from under your live-love-laugh decorations. I don't give a shit."

He couldn't believe how he was speaking like this to an almost complete stranger; how she sparked this kind of intensity in him. He couldn't remember the last time he had ever come close to this kind raw confrontation. He took a breath and felt his pulse in his hands but was surprised to see her simply give him a rigid, tight-mouthed stare.

She muttered sarcastically, "Yeah you clearly don't give a shit at all."

They both turned away and he was sure it would be the last words they ever spoke to each other. However, after a minute he was already feeling regretful, and he had to force himself not to speak up and apologize for how harsh he had been, and reassure her that it wasn't usually the type of guy he was. He clearly DID give a shit what she thought of him, but he stubbornly didn't want to show it. His inner turmoil was interrupted by seeing her wide heavy tits bouncing on her belly in his peripheral vision, and he glanced over to see her laughing to herself.

"What?" he asked, assuming she must be laughing at him.

She never made eye contact but simply muttered, "Those fucking live-laugh-love decorations. They're the stupidest things ever invented I swear to God."

He automatically gave a single chuckle back, and made a split-second eye contact just long enough to share a mischievous spark between them before they each looked away again.

After a moment he spoke up again, "To be fair, some of my college buds had some pretty equally cringe-y posters on their walls."

She smiled a bit wider and gave a single cute laugh, "I can imagine. K but like, one of my kid's friends has a mom that's SO into that crap like random words like 'tranquility' in fancy letters everywhere, but then she literally has wall hangings that say 'sleep' over the bed, and 'eat' in the dining room."

He laughed with her, "I think I've seen those. It's like they're for some head-injury victim who needs visual cues for what to do in each room?"

She burst into a husky laugh and her hand grasping his arm felt like soft warm relief as she leaned forward and her whole body shook.

"I KNOW right?" she giggled and wiped a small tear from the edge of her eyeliner.

There was a short silence, and then he spoke up more seriously, telling himself he wasn't just transfixed by the soft touch of her hand that had remained on his arm, or the mouthwatering cushy skin of her shoulders and chest.

"Look I'm sorry for getting angry there. I mean, I believe in most of what I said, but it didn't need to come out the way it did, and before we got sidetracked I know you were just trying to help. It WAS good advice, like with the interview stuff. So... thanks," he said, sincerely.

She eyed him with that calculating stare again that he had thought 2 hours ago had been an angry, cynical one, but now wasn't so sure.

"You're welcome," she said smoothly. "I didn't mind seeing you get angry though, that was kinda fun," she gave a playful grin, "and, I already knew you weren't some socially hopeless uber-nerd like you were saying, you'd proven that well enough. What pissed me off was you getting defensive about that and then going and assuming I was 'just some dumb nurse' and then stereotyping me as some typical soccer mom, basic-bitch."

She pointed her finger into his abs and he flexed instinctively in a flinch, though he saw that her frown didn't quite seem entirely angry.

He nodded, "I know I got a little defensive. I definitely don't think you're 'basic', don't worry."

She squinted at him and smirked, then whispered to herself, knowing he could hear, "He doesn't deny the 'bitch' part though..."

He facepalmed and chuckled, "Oh come on. Can I not catch a break?"

"Naw, what'd be the fun in that," she smiled wide and giggled with him, "I know I am a bit of one though."

He shrugged, "A bit yeah,"

She swatted him lightly and opened her mouth aghast, but with a curve of a smile at the edge.

"I don't mind actually. As long as you don't mind me being a bit of an uptight asshole sometimes," he said honestly.

She turned fully toward him again and slid a round creamy shoulder up the side of her seat-back and took a drink. Her body-language had turned his residual adrenaline from their angry confrontation to a very different kind of energy tingling through his body.

She glanced down and asked him, "You got any pictures of it?"

He cleared his throat, "What?"

"The costume party," she said with a sly grin.

"You don't need to see that," he said.

"Hey, I thought you weren't ashamed of it?" she challenged.

"Well my phone's dead anyway, remember?"

She opened hers, "Well mine's still good and I paid for wifi on here I might as well use it. Any on instagram or something?"

"Yeah, but..." He gave her a frustrated look.

"Come ooonnn, I wanna see," she said, opening the app.

He took his eyes away from her playful smirk and looked at her phone, finally grabbing it and convincing himself that he WASN'T embarrassed, so he might as well. He HAD been fairly proud of his costume. A military-style suit with a few alterations and symbols on it to fit the style of one of the main-characters. He had his hair freshly cut knowing his job interview was coming up, so had slicked it up to fit the look as well. He found his profile and opened it up, and scrolled to try to find the group pic.

She interrupted him with a hand on his forearm, "Wait is that a pic of the food?"

"Yeah,"

"Show me those ones too," she demanded in a cute whisper. He opened the first one up and felt her fingers dig into his skin in a mild pain that felt very pleasant. "Oh my GOD... That looks amazing. YOU made that?"

He nodded, feeling a bizarrely deep pride and scrolled through the rest as she complimented him further, just short of drooling as she did so. He swiped again and without realizing it came to a solo shot of him in his costume, posing in front of the mirror with a stern, serious ship-captain look on his face. He tried to swipe by but she stopped him.

"Nononono go back," she took the phone from him and did it herself as he sighed, not able to stifle his unease.

"That was just... being goofy I wasn't like, taking it super seriously," he said, turning red.

She ignored him and zoomed in, "Wow..."

He felt his heart sink, and started feeling his embarrassment change into anger and irritation again, but then she finally spoke softly with an impressed tone.

"That is not. Bad. At. All..."

He glanced over at her, still unsure, but she wasn't taking her eyes off the screen.

"That is suave as f-..." she cleared her throat and glanced over at her son who looked like he was just finally falling asleep. "Steam punk hey?... yeah I recognize seeing that kind of thing before. Did you make that yourself too?"

He felt his nervous energy twist into a more hopeful kind again, "Uh, yeah I bought the suit and altered it. My friend helped me with a lot of it, she's really into sewing."

"Oh? Me too actually," she said nonchalantly. Then looked at him reading the response on his face deliberately. "Yeah, you're not the only one with some lame hobbies," she said, nudging her shoulder into him.

"No that's good, it's not lame," he said. "What kind of stuff have you made?" he asked.

"Dresses, shirts, lots of stuff. I made this shirt actually," she said, grabbing lightly at her neckline.

His eyes followed her hand naturally and took in... everything. Sitting shoulder to shoulder as they were he looked down into a wide expanse of heavy flesh on either side of a deep dark canyon of smooth cleavage, perfectly shown off by the embroidered neckline of her well-fitted tank top. He stared for far longer than he should have, realizing too late that he had very obviously just feasted his eyes on her breasts right under her nose, and he looked up to see her cool gaze search for a reaction.

"Wow, I wouldn't have known. That's... impressive," he cleared his throat, "It looks good."

His cock very-much agreed.

"Thanks," she said with nothing more than a half-amused smirk and turned back to his phone. She had already swiped again to the group photo. "Huh, pretty good turn out for your party. I'm impressed," she said. "Which one is she?"

"Um, the girl that helped me with the costume?

"Yeah."

"She's the one right next to me there," he said.

"Hm. So are you two like..."

"What? No, no we're just good friends."

"Does she have a boyfriend?"

"No."

"And she's sewing your costumes for you?"

He let out a long breath, "That was just a one off thing. It's not like we do these parties all the time," he said, though remembering everyone's insistence that they absolutely do it more often.

She shrugged, "I like her corset anyway. I think I could probably pull it off, though she shouldn't have used buckles."

The image of her voluptuous body in that type of corset echoed through his mind and deeply through his loins, but he responded coolly, "Well it's the steam-punk thing right?"

"K right," she looked again. "But tying works better, she's gotta cinch that thing in more, it looks too much like a tube. Maybe copper wire then instead of a drawstring. I'm sure I could figure it out."

He cleared his throat again trying not to picture her massive breasts bursting out the top of a steampunk corset too vividly for the sake of his aching cock and his sanity. He looked away, seeing a flash of lightning through the window.

"So there's really nothing going on between you too?" she asked casually.

"No, definitely not," he insisted.

"You don't think maybe you're just terrible at taking hints?" she suggested with a mocking smile.

He chuckled, "I guess maybe, I dunno, she's just a good friend," he insisted, though now was legitimately wondering. She was good looking and nice enough girl, but he hadn't really ever felt a spark with her.

"I guess now you'll be moving away, anyway. Once my sage advice lands you this job," she said, with a smile, and leaned back again. He noticed her look down at her phone and hit the 'follow' button on his profile, before closing it.

"Yeah we'll see."

"Oh come on that's no way to be. You're gonna get it. I got a feeling."

There was a comfortable silence for a moment.

He asked her, "So what are you flying out east for?"

"I'm... also debating moving, actually."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I'm three years out from the divorce but it's tougher to move on living in the same city. Our friends kinda got split. A few bridges got burned over the drama. So, my sister lives out here and she's trying to convince me to move, and she's almost succeeded. My job could transfer easy enough, so I'm gonna check out their headquarters there and see what it feels like."

"Well that's exciting," he offered.

She rolled her eyes looking much less thrilled, "I guess. I don't know, it's more than a bit nerve-wracking, especially doing it alone."

"You got nothing tying you down back home?

"Not really. My sister insists I'll have better luck with men out here, already got one I'm supposed to meet at their barbecue tomorrow night, but... yeah I dunno. He seemed okay online I guess....Maybe I'm just too old and bitter."

"No," he disagreed automatically. "I think you can afford to be picky."

She eyed him with a look that seemed like she was trying not to smile, then looked away coyly. "I can't wait forever."

He couldn't help notice the feeling of jealousy coursing through him now. He shook his head at himself, but couldn't deny how she had been making him feel. Such a weird mix of tension but also a type of comfort in talking to her. He tried to go back to convincing himself that it was a ridiculous notion, but it was getting more difficult.

A clap of thunder now sounded and the plane shook for a second but that was all.

To his disappointment she put her sweater back on, then she looked up and said, "I think I'm going to hit the washroom while I still can. Keep an eye on him for me?"

She gestured to her son who was fast asleep drooling with his headphones still in and the ipad on his lap.

He smiled at the cute sight, "Yeah for sure," then got up to let her through.

He watched her ass walk away from him down the aisle loving every bounce and sway of the tight yoga pants, feeling his cock swell again in delight. He looked away again and let a long breath out, trying to tell himself how crazy he was for falling for someone like her, after only a couple of hours on a flight.

He reminded himself that his friend, that he would be staying with for the weekend, had wanted him to meet a couple of his female friends. One of which he had known in passing in college and remembered having a mild crush on. They already had plans to go to one of the best clubs in town Saturday night apparently. Maybe this would all seem silly once he was around girls his own age again...

He wasn't convinced. Despite their arguments... or maybe because of them. Despite her body... no, definitely because of it. She was making him bolder and full of more life and energy than he'd felt in a long time, talking like they'd known each other for years, and fighting like it too but... it was both irritating and irresistible. Like an evil spell that he couldn't decide if he really wanted to shake off. He felt like he had no desire to go to whatever expensive over-hyped club his friend wanted him to party at. Instead he wanted to take her to an upscale restaurant...once he had the money. He wanted to stay home and cook for her. He wanted to...

Slow the fuck down, you desperate loser, you've literally just met her, his mind cautioned him.

Ok... Keep it real. Maybe an instagram message or two. Keep in touch casually and then if we both end up in the same city and she's actually interested then maybe, eventually...

The plane shook more violently at the same time as a brighter flash of lightning outside the window and there were a few gasps from other passengers. The seatbelt sign came on and the stewardess made the announcement about the turbulence and for everyone to remain seated.

Then, immediately after, almost interrupting her, the pilot made what was clearly an unexpected announcement.

"Hi folks, this is your captain. Unfortunately the inclement weather we were already expecting has grown significantly worse and we're going to be in for a bit of a ride as we try to navigate around. We'll keep you up to date on how it'll effect our schedule once we figure this out, so just stay buckled in and we'll do our best to get us safely on the ground."

He looked towards the bathroom and hoped she was okay. Her son hadn't moved and was still asleep beside him.

Another shake of the plane and finally he saw the bathroom door open and her face came into view looking a bit pale and grasping the door firmly. She seemed to gather herself and start to make her way down the aisle. Another couple of hard shakes and he watched her grasp a chair and stop, noticing her wide tits jiggle under her fitted pink sweater, but paying more attention to the helpless look on her face. He wanted to get up and go to her, but settled for waiting for her to make eye contact and when she finally did, he gave her a supportive smile. Her face had been twisted in an almost sick frustrated offence at her situation but he watched it change to a softer hopeful determination as she saw him, and he felt a tingle over his skin as she bravely continued down the aisle back to him.

He stood up earlier than he needed to with a smile that tried to look amused at the situation and she returned it but he could see the fear behind it clear enough. The plane jostled again and he saw her mouthing a silent swear and grasping another chair. Finally he reached out to her and she grasped his hand tightly with a single relieved laugh. The feeling of her soft hand and seeing her needing him, made him feel more pride and purpose than he'd felt in so long.

The plane violently pitched downward.

He felt his feet almost leave the floor and she screamed along with several others in the cabin. He swore as she fell backwards and he fell forwards, but his body jolted into action instinctively and he pulled her towards him, grasping an arm around her waist to stop her from falling back, grasping the overhead storage to hold them up, and pulling her body against his. They hung there like he was dipping her in a dance and he pulled with all his might to lift them up to standing again. Her immense soft bosom pressed into his chest and she gasped as her red face and her tousled hair flew forward tickling his face as he stared, inches from hers. Her hands went around his shoulders, holding him tightly and desperately, and they stared into each other's eyes as the plane finally evened itself out.