Hubris of Youth

Story Info
Young man meets a strangely familiar older woman.
11.9k words
4.81
155.9k
253

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/11/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So, I was out walking my dog one day, and this woman jogged past... my imagination took off, and now I present to you another new story. I hope you enjoy it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was walking my dog the first time I saw her.

Well, that's not exactly true, but at the time I thought it was. It's true I was walking my dog, but it wasn't really the first time I saw her. I didn't realize it at the time, but I had seen her hundreds of times, just never in person.

My mother and I had recently moved into this neighbourhood, and this was one of the first times I had walked Sox, our little female beagle, throughout the fresh smells of her new territory.

In other words, there was more sniffing than walking in this walk. While that might be true of any walk with a dog that is bred for its ability to smell, it was particularly so today.

Sox is so cute. She got her name from the white feet that almost all beagles have, which made her look like she was wearing... well, socks. Mom named her. She also once named a cat Felix, so obviously, creativity was not a requirement for naming our pets.

Early spring brings out the smells that winter had held captive, and this was one of the earliest sunny days. We were making very slow progress down the street as Sox's nose made up for lost time, cataloguing every other dog that had passed this was for weeks, as well as all the budding new growth that was about to burst forth. I let her do her thing, because fighting her was futile, and also because she was pretty cute. The kind of cute that attracted attention.

Female attention.

Moving had officially ended things with my ex-girlfriend, not that there was much to end. Our relationship had gone seriously downhill recently. Kathy had started out as a fun, enthusiastic partner. We had a great time together, in and out of the bedroom, for several months, but recently, my eyes had been wandering. Something was missing, and she felt it too, so rather than hang on to something that was dying, we let it go.

So, here I was, walking the dog, hoping to start something new, but the street was deserted. It was a long, gentle downslope, with a few side streets along the way. There had to be plenty of women, but there were none to be seen.

We were, or rather Sox was, sniffing her umpteenth pole, and I was gazing, unfocused, into the distance. The movement caught my eye.

The whole point of this was to tell you how and when I first met Savannah, wasn't it? Well, the motion that caught my eye was a long way off, probably a good 500 yards, but it held my attention. I could see the distant figure round the corner way down there, and head up the hill in my direction. Whomever it was, they were jogging.

I say 'whomever', but the ambiguity was clearing up by the second. Even from this range, there was something about the way the figure moved that tipped it toward the female side of the coin. It... she... had an athletic stride, but that wasn't it. Slightly knock-kneed running style. That was probably it.

As she closed ground, I caught the flash of blonde hair, swinging widely from side to side with her movements. Ah, a long ponytail. Definitively female.

Sox wanted to move on to her next sniffing spot, but I was concentrating on the woman bounding in our direction. Bounding, yes. Also bouncing.

Despite the sun, it really wasn't a warm spring day yet. I was wearing a jacket, and... whoever she was... was wearing one, too. That didn't mean she was hidden, though. She appeared to be quite slim, with a delightfully feminine sweep up her long legs, over her hips and along her flanks. It was the other movement that really caught my eye.

Okay, I'm a guy. I won't apologize for being one. I try not to be too obnoxious in my observation of the fairer sex, and I truly appreciate a beautiful woman for her beauty's sake. Sure, I would also like to put her ankles behind her neck and fuck the shit out of her, but since that's just in my mind, I try not to let it show. Anyway, I have a very finely tuned sense for the jiggle factor a curvy woman produces. You know the one I'm talking about.

Come on, admit it; you do it too. You watch a woman's breasts move as she does. They're just a few milliseconds behind the rest of her, and yet I can pick that up, even from a distance. And, of course, the bigger the boobs, the longer the delay, and the more obvious the jiggle.

She was probably still nearly 200 yards away, but I could already sense that she was really built. Other details were becoming clearer, too. Ball cap, aviator sunglasses, apparently quite attractive... Sox strained at her leash, so we moved along until she found a new smell. I looked up again.

Inside 50 yards now. Oh yeah, she's pretty, and sporting a huge rack, which was moving as a unit, but with a mind of its own. She must have been wearing a titanium reinforced, carbon fibre jogging bra, but it still couldn't quell the eye-catching movement of those magnificent globes.

Okay idiot, don't wreck it before it starts. Cool checklist... mouth shut, not hanging open like a drooling fool? Check. Eyes soft, no staring at the breasts? Check. Gentle smile? Check. Say hello?...

"Hello," I smiled as she passed. Check.

"Hi!" she replied, never breaking stride. My head followed her, and caught the mouth-watering rear view. She had a great ass, as well.

"Oh shit!" I whispered. "Please tell me you live around here, and that this is not the last time we meet." I glanced at my watch, and noted the time. Perhaps, like most exercise fiends, she had a regular schedule?

"Come on, Sox. Let's head home," I smiled, tugging her leash gently. She looked up and wagged her tail, the beagle equivalent of a smile. "We'll see her again, won't we?"

***

Sure, as first meetings go, it was hardly the stuff of legend. However, it was a start, and time would tell how it would be remembered... if it was remembered at all.

I was, at least, right about the mystery woman having a schedule. There was a little leeway in it, but she did go for her run at pretty much the same time, on the same days, every week. Her route didn't vary much either, so when I wanted to make another contact with her, I had a fair chance of being successful.

I know it sounds like I was stalking her, but I didn't view it that way. I was just making myself available for casual conversation. I didn't follow her home, or even follow her at all; I simply walked Sox, and let her make the moves. I hoped she would.

We did begin to meet more often, and the one word greetings began to grow into something resembling conversations.

Okay, not really conversations.

"Beautiful today, isn't it?" I asked as she approached. I might have been referring to her, or the weather.

"Yes, I think spring is finally here!" she responded.

"Getting warmer out," I commented another time. Her running garb was getting more revealing as the temperature went up. She was now impossible to ignore.

"Yes, I love it. I love to sweat," she replied, still not even breaking stride.

I had started wearing sunglasses on our walks, so that if we met again I could watch her spectacular body pass with more impunity. It was a good strategy, letting me turn my head slightly, thus appearing to avert my eyes, while in actuality they remained locked onto her bouncing chest. Now that it was truly warm out, cleavage came out to play, and I saw her perspiration soaked top cling to her like a second skin. I'm glad I didn't miss it.

I suppose the first time we really, truly talked will be forever etched in my memory. It was a Tuesday, late in the afternoon, and completely unexpected.

You see, I had missed her usual time, as I was out earlier in the day. Since I wasn't anticipating seeing her, I left my glasses at home, and I was squinting into the sun as we headed up the hill on the way home. Her part in the drama was that she was running her route in reverse. It all meant that I didn't see her coming. Neither did Sox.

"Hi!" she chirped, only a few strides away.

I looked up into the sun, blinded, and Sox was startled. She darted sideways, right into the woman's path. By the time I was able to see, the collision was inevitable.

Wham! She slammed into me. Fortunately, although I had been blinded by the sun, she was wearing her sunglasses, and had her back to the sun. Her view was perfect, and she was able to hit the brakes enough to avoid injury. She turned sideways, and hit me with her hip. My natural reaction was to catch her, and I did, capturing her in one arm, while trying to keep Sox out from under foot.

"Ooof!" she gasped.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you coming!" I explained, gesturing to the sun. She was still hooked in my arm. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," she giggled, her hat askew along with her sunglasses. She looked down, untangling herself from Sox's leash, and stood tall. "Thanks for catching me."

Now that the crisis was over, she stepped back, and took off her glasses and hat. I wasn't prepared for it.

She was beautiful. Blue eyes, pouty lips, a sharp but elegant nose. She was older than I had pictured in my mind, with just a few tiny lines visible around those eyes. I fought to keep my eyes on hers, rather than wandering to her body, which I had never had the opportunity to view standing still. She did me a favour, bending to check on Sox.

"And how are you, little one?" she asked, in the usual voice adults make for dogs and kids. "I didn't step on you, did I?" What's your name?"

"Sox," I responded, now free to check her out while she was focused on the dog, who was standing, wagging her tail, and licking the woman's face. I watched them interact, while I looked down the woman's top.

Well you would have, too. She had a huge rack, and there was no way to miss it when she was crouched like this. I looked at Sox in the nick of time, as she looked up, and stood, shifting her hat and glasses to her left hand. The right came out in my direction.

"I'm Savannah," she smiled, her teeth shockingly white and perfect, just like the rest of her. Since I didn't immediately reply, she prompted me. "And who is Sox's daddy?"

"Oh, sorry, of course, um...Nicholas," I stumbled. "Nick. Nice to meet you Savannah. You're sure you are alright?"

"Pretty sure," she smiled, and patted herself on the ass. Her hands then slid up her sides and across her breasts. Since my eyes were following them, I got another good look at her chest, before snapping my eyes up to her face. "Yep. Nothing broken."

I watched her put her hat back on, fishing the long ponytail through the back. With her arms up like that, I had another quick peek at those tits, held higher until her arms were lowered.

"Nice to meet you, too, Nick," she winked, putting her glasses back on. "And you Sox. I'm sure we'll, um... run into each other, again?" she started to stride away. "I'll signal my turns in the future."

My mouth ajar, I watched her ass as she ran. She turned her head, and caught me. A loud giggle, and a wave were her response. Within seconds, she had turned the corner, and was gone.

"Holy shit, Sox, did you see her? She's incredible!" I gasped, looking down. Sox wagged her tail, and stood up against my leg, inviting me to pet her head. I did, but my mind was petting Savannah.

***

It was nearly a week later when we met again.

"On your right!" I heard, from behind, and turned to see Savannah approaching. I feigned protecting myself, and she laughed as she stopped in front of me. Her breasts stopped just after. "How are you today?"

"I'm good," I smiled back. "You?"

"The usual. Perfect," she giggled. It was an obvious flirt.

"Uh huh," I nodded. "Which way you going?"

"Whichever way you are," she said. "I've already done my five, and saw you ahead of me, so I thought we could talk while I cooled down. You don't mind, do you?"

Yes. Absolutely. Move along. I have no interest in anyone as sexy, alluring and beautiful as you. Duh! Her voice was soft, yet assertive. I liked it.

"Not at all," I said, leaving the sarcasm in my mind. "Done your five?"

"Miles," she clarified, tipping her sunglasses up on the brim of her hat. "I run five miles, every second day. Actually closer to six today," she said, checking her fitness watch.

"Well, I'm not a runner," I told her. "We usually do about a mile and a half. That's the limit of my patience. This dog is a nose with feet. She sniffs enough for ten miles in that span."

Talking about the dog made Savannah drop to one knee, and Sox was getting a lot of attention. She was also getting to paw Savannah's voluptuous chest without worry. Ah, to be a dog sometimes.

"Ooooo, you're just so cute!" Savannah giggled. "Look at those ears!"

Look at those tits! I thought, looking down from above. You know you're making me crazy, don't you?

Savannah stood up again. She was quite tall, as well as being otherwise perfect. We started to walk along slowly, letting Sox set the pace.

"So, tell me about Nick. When did he move here?" she smiled, doing the 'third person' thing.

"He moved here about six weeks ago," I replied, in the same fashion. "He lives in a nice house, a few blocks that way, with his mother."

Oh, god! Did I just say that out loud? Even I thought that made me sound like a hopeless dweeb.

Savannah didn't even flinch, just nodding, and walking. I scrambled to explain without looking desperate.

"His mother kind of needs him around for a while. She's not used to being alone, and asked him to be the man of the house for a year or two. He agreed, and is putting all the saved rent into investments for his future."

"So, he's a good son, and smart as well," she concluded. "What does he do for a living?"

"He's a mechanic. Well, actually, a supervising mechanic," I replied.

"So he's good with his hands," she smiled. It was not an accidental comment. She was flirting. Still it surprised me a little,

"Yeah," I laughed, "I suppose so."

"How old is he?" she said quietly.

"He's twenty-five," I answered, then turned the tables. "What about Savannah? What does she do when she's not running? How old is she?"

Yeah, I know... I should never ask a woman that question, right?

She smiled, and looked like she was about to answer, when she touched her lips with a fingertip, shhhh-ing herself.

"My, will you look at the time?" she giggled. "I have to get home, hit the shower, and get to work! It's been nice talking to you."

She turned, and took a couple of steps down the street we were just passing, then paused.

"Oh, and Savannah wanted to ask Nick one more thing," she grinned, looking at me sideways. I nodded. "She wondered if maybe sometime she might ask Nick to join her for a drink, or perhaps dinner? Unless he's already involved with someone, of course."

I was stunned. I didn't see that coming, and was having trouble articulating my response. It should be so easy to just say 'yes', shouldn't it?

"Um, yes, of course. I think he..." I paused, and shook my head. Enough hiding behind 'him'. "I'd like that Savannah. I'd like it a lot."

"Good. I'll be around. I really need to get to work. See you," she smiled, and began to jog away down the side street.

"What DO you do?" I called after her. She just raised her right hand, and wagged her finger at me, without looking. Not yet.

Being left standing on the street in awe was becoming a habit for me.

"She asked me out," I said to Sox. "Well, actually... she asked if she could ask me out, which I think is pretty much the same thing, don't you?"

Sox just wagged her tail.

***

The very next day, I had to work late, and when I arrived home, Mom was watching TV.

When I said I lived with my mother, it was true. Also not really. The house had a basement apartment with a separate entrance, which is where I slept, affording me some freedom and privacy, should the situation arise. However, I usually ate with Mom, upstairs.

As I walked in, she was just finishing up dinner, and the small TV in the kitchen was on as she cooked. She was watching the news.

There was something strangely familiar about the anchor's voice. A woman's voice.

The lightbulb suddenly went off, and I quickly came around the corner, turning the TV to face me. That voice! No! Really?!

There, on the screen...

"... and police have a suspect in custody. Spokesmen for the department assure the public that their safety is not at risk." the female anchor said. The set had her standing at a tall desk, along with her co-host. "That's all for today's broadcast. We'll be back tomorrow at 6...for my co-anchor Braxton Barnes, I'm Savannah Lynch. Goodnight."

I stood there with my mouth wide open.

"What?" Mom asked. "What's wrong?"

"Um, nothing," I smiled. "remember that woman I told you I met? You were listening to her. I knew there was something familiar about her."

Yes, I told my mother about her. I left out the part about her being stacked, but I suppose that cat was out of the bag now. Mom smiled.

"Really? It was Savannah Lynch?" she gasped. "She's so pretty. It's amazing she still looks so great. She's been on the news forever"

That may have been my Mother's way of telling me she thought I should find a younger woman, or at least one a little further from her own age. That's as far as she would go, though, as she knew I was able to make my own choices.

Mom put dinner on the table, but my brain had latched onto her last words... 'she's been on the news forever'. Just how old was she? I knew she wasn't my age, but I wouldn't have guessed more than thirty... maybe thirty-five? Now it appears she might be older than that. Was I being stalked by a cougar?

Oh boy!

***

It took three days for our paths to cross again. Poor little Sox got walked a few extra times, hoping I would bump into Savannah, but it was on schedule when we did finally meet.

"Hi Nick! Hi Sox! How's the neighbourhood smell today?" she chirped as she coasted to a stop beside us.

I had been thinking for days about whether or not to tell her I had figured out who she was. Did she have a reason for keeping it secret? If she found out later that I knew before she told me, it might appear that I was being dishonest. I decided to tell her, just not how I would do it.

"Pretty much the norm for me. I can't speak for Sox," I laughed.

She was looking particularly attractive today, or maybe it was just my imagination. Her eyes were bright, and spending a lot of time on me. Mine were busy trying not to get caught checking her out again. Since it was a very warm day, her running gear was at a minimum; skin-tight lycra shorts, to mid-thigh, and a cropped top that bared her midsection. Both were a sunny yellow colour, which meant I could see through to her bra, especially where she had sweat heavily, which was pretty much everywhere. That midsection was very impressive, impossibly tight and narrow, with a soft six-pack of abs showing through.

"So," I continued, pushing on, "just what kind of guy is Braxton Barnes?" I didn't really care, but it told her I knew her identity without actually saying it.

She paused, and shook her head.

"He's a misogynistic asshole as soon as the camera stops, and I can't stand him. Damn! How long have you known?" she asked.

"Just a couple of days," I explained. "Actually, it's my Mom's fault. She was watching the news, and I recognized your voice. Why were you hiding?"

"You'd be surprised how many guys want to put me down as a notch on their bedpost. It's brutal. I thought you might be different, and as long as you didn't already know, I could trust your motives. I was hoping we could get to know each other," she said, a tinge of disappointment in her voice.