Hunter Hunted Ch. 14

Story Info
To Give the Devil his Due.
4.3k words
4.8
23.8k
10
Story does not have any tags

Part 14 of the 20 part series

Updated 10/19/2022
Created 10/03/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Domino stepped out of the car, his eyes upon the huge house that sat on a picturesque estate just beyond city limits. The lights were on and, with his excellent ears; he could hear the sounds of people talking and music being played. A disgusted sigh was wrestled from his chest and he glanced apologetically at the two that stepped out of the passenger side.

"My dinner must be entertaining again. I've asked her not to do such things when I'm not home. It's almost impossible to find humans that are trustworthy among the riches I have amassed. But no matter, now that I am home, I will take care of the situation. Do make yourselves at home." He headed toward the wide stairs and the double doors that opened into the house. Turning his head, he smiled at Arielle. "Of course, present company is very much excluded, my dear."

"Of course," Arielle muttered, rolling her eyes at the smoothness of his apology and at his opening words about his "dinner". She followed Nick's black leather clad form up the steps and stepped into luxury the likes she'd only imagined. Crystal chandeliers and a curved oak stairway were among the first things she saw. Then she heard the tinkling of water flowing and saw something that made her blink.

Two marble nymphs cavorted in the center of a large circular fountain. Each nymph held a simple jar tipped to its side, spilling the water into the pool. The thing that held Arielle's attention was the faces of the nymphs. Each was the same, delicate features, a heart shaped face, the hint of a dimple upon the smooth white cheeks. Each was smiling with full lips and perfect teeth. "Who is she?" she whispered to Nicky, motioning with her hand toward the pool.

Nicky let his hands come to rest upon Arielle's shoulders, turning her slightly as he gestured to the full length portrait of a woman who was a twin to those in the pool. "Selena," he whispered in her ear, but gave her no other information.

In color, her features were even more delicate and the artist had captured the life and beauty of her wide sea-green eyes. She was dressed in a full length gown, the cap sleeves off her shoulder, leaving her arms and her slim shoulders bare. Her neck was surrounded by emeralds in gold and more hung at her tiny, shell-like ears. She was slim, a wide green ribbon that matched the emeralds, circling her slender waist.

One hand was on an empty leather covered chair, the other was reaching out as if offering Arielle a place next to her upon the painted canvas. It was an exquisitely done piece and Arielle was intrigued by the mystery that she seemed shrouded in. "Who is Selena?" she asked aloud though she spoke only to herself.

But Domino heard and he turned, his darks eyes almost feral in a face that was no longer genial but full of anger and a strange longing. "She was my mate," he snarled. "And she was killed. You need to know nothing else, human."

Nick's hand shot out and he pulled Arielle behind him, feeling her crowd close to his back. She didn't take his arm and he was glad, if he needed to shove Domino away, to protect her, he didn't want to hurt her in the process. "Easy, Dom. She had no idea. Don't take it out on her."

Domino seemed to give himself a mental shake and his generous lips smoothed out, his teeth once more hid behind them. "I am sorry. To you both," he added. "Selena's loss was unexpected. We'd been together for some time as you know, Nick. I still feel as if she should skip down those stairs and into my arms."

Nicky nodded. He reached behind him now that Domino had control of his anger and drew Arielle beside him. "I shall miss her warmth and the sound of her laughter."

As he spoke, the sound of crashing crystal sounded and Dom grew tense, his eyebrows, as dark as his hair, drew together as he frowned. "That had better not be the crystal set my Mother bought for me," he growled and then headed toward the sound of partying.

He threw open the doors, took one look inside and roared. "Out! All of you, now! Or the next thing I will do is suck you all dry and leave you to rot in the sun!"

Nicky pulled Arielle to the side as a sudden exodus of men and women, all dressed in black, tattooed and pierced, hurried past them and to the door. Only one woman stopped in front of Dom. She was a gorgeous blonde, her hair curled and teased to frame her lovely face. Her model-slim body was showcased in a flowing red satin dress, the bodice exposing most of her bountiful breasts, barely covering the rouged colored nipples. Bite marks marred her smooth skin and her cheeks were flushed, a trail of red dripping from the side of her mouth.

"Callista," Dom growled. "I've told you and told you, keep those wannabes out of my house."

"But Dom," the blonde purred, her fingers coming up to trail down the front of his black shirt, teasing at the flat oval buttons. "You left me all alone. You know I hate being alone."

Domino didn't seem to be swayed. "I was gone less than two hours, Cal. You can control yourself for two hours, can't you? Now I have company. They will be staying with us for a while and I expect you on your best behavior. Arielle is human and you are not allowed to snack." He tapped her nose with one long, slender finger, laughing as her eyes crossed. "Clean up your mess, Callista. I'd better not find blood stains on that Oriental rug or I'll be taking the cleaning expense out of your hide."

Callista simpered, casting a smile toward Nicky but completely ignoring Arielle as if a simple human was beneath her unless she was food. "Yes, Dom, but you know how much I absolutely love it when you go animal on me."

Domino rolled his eyes and shook his head. Then he turned her, his hand coming down with a resounding smack upon her rounded ass. "I'm not having Maria and Theresa clean up after you again, Cal."

She went but with a sigh that seemed both forced and unnatural sounding. Then Dom turned toward Nicky and Arielle, waving them toward another closed door. "Shall we?"

"Definitely." Nicky sounded exhausted and Arielle glanced at him worriedly. He'd been through hell at that place they'd been held at and he still looked pale, even though she'd let him feed from her. She wrapped her arm around his waist and felt his go over her shoulders. Looking up, she tried to smile bravely for him but it had been a difficult night for her as well.

"Dom won't hurt you, Arielle. And he will keep Callista in line, don't worry. He will have a place for us to sleep and we'll get there soon enough. Can you hold on for a bit longer?"

"Together?" she asked, feeling a thrill of fear at the thought of staying in a room alone in the vastness of this house.

"If you want, it's what I'd prefer but I didn't want to take liberties." He smiled, his hand coming up to stroke her hair back from her face. He didn't like the paleness of her skin or the dark shadows that lay under her eyes.

"You aren't," she assured him. "I want to stay with you."

Her eyes grew wide again as she saw the room Domino was leading them in to. It looked like libraries she'd seen on television. The ones that soap opera stars lounged in their fictional estates. Those same stars that never seemed to have morning breath, or hair, whose make up never smudged, no matter how many fires or floods, or psycho stalker/killers were chasing them.

It was darkly paneled, book lined shelves covered wall upon wall. A huge fireplace sat unlit, the logs placed ever so careful to allow only a single match to start it to burn. Over that brick fireplace, another portrait of the stunning Selena hung. This time, she sat upon a horse, hunting dogs milling around her mount's legs.

Domino waved them into to maroon colored, leather covered easy chairs. "Sit, may I offer you something?" he asked, waving his hand at the small bar that held a variety of cut crystal decanters full of different colors of liquids. "Your usual, Nicky?"

Nick nodded, settling Arielle in one of the chairs before seated himself. He kept her hand, watching as she kicked off the shoes her sister had given her and curled her stocking covered feet under her.

"Arielle?"

"No, thank you. This night has been a bit surreal for me," she said almost apologetically. "I don't think alcohol would make it any less so."

Dom smiled and nodded, then reached down and into a small refrigerator, pulling out a plain glass bottle of thick red liquid. Pouring some in one of the tumblers, he held it out to Nicky and then poured more for himself before returning the bottle to the refrigerator.

Nicky swirled the glass for a moment then lifted it to his lips. A slight grimace crossed his face but it was gone as quickly as it had come and he nodded at Dom. "We have to thank you, Dom. I'm not sure what's going on or why that son of a bitch had me captured but I think it had something to do with that damned orange drug he gave me."

"Are you feeling any different, Nick?"

"Different?"

"Besides being a bit creeped out, no. I keep waiting for something to happen..."

"Such as?"

"I don't know... ahh...feeling stronger or weaker, feeling tired, hearing strange things, smelling something, growing another head? I'm as much in the dark as you are."

"Well, I know who took me and Arielle. Taylor Braxton. He'd invited me over, said he had a business deal he wanted to talk to me about. I can remember accepting a drink from him..."

"And then?" Domino urged, sinking down on a matching maroon sofa.

"Then I woke and he was standing over me. I was naked, tied down to a table and I had a tube in my arm feeding that orange bile into my system. Then I was in a cell and Arielle was there. She'd been attacked, ravaged by a vampire."

"And Nicky played hero," Domino added. He glanced at the heavy drapes that covered the windows. It's almost dawn, I should get you two settled and then check on Callie. She's not the brightest tool in the shed, but I've eaten worse." He rose, setting his empty glass on the small bar and then taking Nicky's from him. "Sleep as late as you want. When you are better rested, I will set up testing for you and we'll figure out what that bastard, Braxton, is doing."

He led the way out the doorway and then up the stairs, stopping in front of another set of wide double doors. He opened them and waved Nicky and Arielle in. "There are toothbrushes in the bathroom, Arielle. If you don't see what you need, Nicky should be able to help you with it. My servants will be here soon and I will let them know you are here. Ring the bell and they'll fix you whatever you want to eat."

"Thank you, Domino," she said almost shyly. Then she turned and walked into the bedroom, Nick on her heels.

* * * *

"Mirage!"

Hunter felt a surge of panic twist inside of him. She couldn't be gone, she just couldn't. To lose her now, well, it would be devastating. He forced himself to be still in the dark tunnel, and made himself take three calming breaths. He would be no good to her if he allowed himself to foolishly dash into some gun battle and end up with his head splattered on one of the tunnel walls. He had to think, to clear his mind of panic and depend upon his skills. He wasn't called Hunter for nothing.

One last breath and he started moving again, though this time he was cautious, checking walls, floor and ceilings for traps, his head up, his nose in the air. He came to an intersection in the tunnels and for a moment, the fear rushed in but he pushed it back. Closing his eyes, he pushed out his thoughts, searching for her.

* * * *

Mira felt a hint of something just at the edge of her consciousness. It was a tingle of little fingers in her mind and she mentally tasted it, instantly recognizing Hunter. He was coming and she breathed a silent pray of thank you as well as one for his safety as he pushed forward. "I'm here," she muttered softly, only glancing up when Taylor stepped in front of her.

"Who are you talking to?" he asked, his leather covered hand grabbing her chin and forcing her to look up at him.

"None of your fucking business, dick head."

Taylor laughed. "Crass to the end, hmm, Mirage? But where are those valiant heroes of ASP? Are they not coming for you? Have they decided that you aren't worth the time or the effort to retrieve?" He laughed again as she jerked her chin away from him.

"Take of those gloves, fuck wad and then let's dance."

He laughed again then motioned for his minions to hurry with loading. The tunnel had widened and now a sleek passenger train sat upon silver tracks in front of her. Taylor's men were loading crates by hand trolleys. The cases were marked with all sorts of different warnings. Mira was tied to a post that held the roof steady above their heads. She'd tugged and pulled at the ropes, searching for any sort of give or weakness, but so far, she'd had no luck.

"You know, Mirage, I've heard all sorts of stories about you. Stories about how you have these mythical powers. How you can take down any man with the touch of your skin. Any of those true?"

"Touch me, Braxton. Touch me and you'll find out."

"I don't think so. You seem a bit too eager. You and the rest of your meddlers had to poke your noses in where they weren't needed. But never mind that. I have another place, almost exactly like this on the west coast. I think you'll like California. Maybe you can get a bit of a tan." He stroked his glove covered finger over her cheek, drawing back when she snapped her teeth at him.

"That's so sad," he said with a shake of his head. "You are so incredibly beautiful, I'm almost tempted...but never mind." He turned with a shake of his head and then went back to harassing his men to hurry, they didn't have all day.

Mira watched as the men finished loading the crates. Then she saw them hefting closed caskets into another car and she frowned. She knew what was inside those crates. More of those crazy zombie slaves that Braxton was pumping out.

She struggled at her bonds again. "Hurry, Hunter," she whispered, not wanting Braxton's attention.

When the ropes gave and she was free, her jaw dropped. Then she felt his hand, her skin against his and she knew who it was. Turning, she grabbed his head, dragging him down to plant a quick but passionate kiss upon his lips. "It's about damn time," she said with a grin.

"You're welcome. What the hell is Braxton doing?"

"Packing up and moving his operation to California," she whispered, following him back and into the shadows. "We've got to stop him. He's got that orange drug he's been using on the Vampires in huge crates in one of the cars, the other he's filling full of coffins."

"I've called for backup but you're right, Mira. We can't wait. I counted sixteen of them."

Mira grinned. "Well, that sounds about fair, that's eight each. No sweat."

Hunter shook his head and rolled his eyes. "We seriously need to talk, Mira." He tossed her the blaster that he'd found on a stack of boxes and pulled his own. "Ready?"

"Just waiting on you, as always."

Hunter sighed. "I should have left you tied up. Maybe Braxton has a gag I can borrow?"

Mirage didn't even look at him. She spun out, quickly picking off two of the men who were loading the caskets. They didn't even know what hit them. Braxton saw the flashes of green and looked toward where he'd had Mirage tied. She was gone! Then he saw Hunter as the man took out another two of his men. "Fuck!" he shouted. "Get them!"

A casket was dropped, the top opening as Hunter and Mirage took careful aim, using whatever they could for cover. The top half of a girl's body was jounced, but she fell back against the satin lining, her limbs limp. Mira rolled, rising to her feet to pop off another shot that missed her target. Diving behind the casket, she reached in, feeling for a pulse.

When she felt the steady beat of the girl's pulse, rage flowed through her, fierce, pounding rage that Braxton felt he had the right to subjugate these women, to drug them and take them from their homes against their will. The fact that he'd used the drugs, a drug that she or no one else in ASP had ever heard of made it even worse. She felt the tunnel vision of the rage taking her over and she found Braxton.

"You son of a bitch," she growled, aiming carefully and taking her shot. "Dammit!"

Her shot was true but it didn't hit Taylor Braxton. His man stepped in the way and took the shot, saving Braxton. She rolled again, searching for another angle, for the shot she desperately wanted to take. When the butt of someone's gun smashed against her forehead, she was left stunned and then hard, gloved hands grabbed hold of her, lifting her up.

Braxton shouted Hunter's name, waiting for him to look up. He pushed his pistol barrel against her temple. "Throw it out, Hunter."

Hunter growled his anger but tossed his blaster to Braxton's feet. "Okay, okay!" he shouted. "Just don't hurt her." He allowed himself to be grabbed, two men holding him between them.

"I never thought the great Hunter would be so easy to capture," Braxton said with a sneer. "You allow yourself to be taken because of this little whore. How disappointing."

Hunter snarled. "She's the boss' girl."

Braxton chuckled. "Try again; your boss is married to Callan Wolfe's daughter. You're pretty transparent, Hunter."

"Then why the fuck are you asking lame ass question."

Braxton pushed the barrel of his pistol a bit harder against Mira's head. "Maybe I'm a bit dense. I just don't understand the attraction." He lifted Mira's face, watching as she blinked dazedly up at him. "She's a pretty bitch, but I've seen better. And you can't even fuck her. Touch her and she'll drive you crazy."

"You wouldn't know a good woman if one bit you," Hunter snapped. "Just leave her alone. You've got me, you don't need her anymore."

Braxton laughed. He pulled her even further up, his hands moving over her body as he held her negligently in his arms. "Is it me or does Hunter, the scourge of any who seek to flaunt justice, has a crush?"

"You mother fucker," Hunter hissed, struggling against the hands holding him until Braxton shook his head and pushed the barrel further against Mira's wan face. "Just leave her alone. I always knew it took a pretty sick and disturbed individual to hide behind a woman." He let his eyes move with scorn over Braxton's face. "I'd always heard that you were unbeatable, that you never left any of your enemies alive. Look at you now, hiding behind the skirts of a woman."

Braxton cocked his head to the side, staring at Hunter with eyes that seemed to burn into his soul. "You love her," he said softly. "You love the woman no one can touch. How disturbed does that make you?"

Hunter sighed. "Yes, yes I love her."

"And she loves you? She must, the way she gave up so easily when I threatened you. Oh how rich is this? You have a relationship with a woman no man can touch." His chuckles grew louder and Hunter saw the saw movements Mira was making. She was becoming more aware and he had to take the focus off of her so that Braxton would stay in the dark.

"Yes, we have a relationship. And yes, the curse makes if difficult. But I will petition the Gods to give me the same curse that Mirage has, so she would know how much I love her."

"You'd do that?" Braxton asked, shuddering distastefully. "All the gorgeous babes in this world and you want to make yourself untouchable to be with only one?"

"Truly?" Mirage managed to mutter loud enough for Hunter would hear. Braxton's hands were moving all over her leather covered body, and though no skin touched hers, it was making her distinctly ill.

"To be with you forever, yes, I would do it in a heartbeat, Mira." As he spoke the words, a strange warmth began low in his belly and then grew to heat that seemed to flood his body. His skin began to glow, shining with a strange luminescence and the men holding him began to back away. Hunter was lifted from his feet, his heels six inches from the dirt floor.

12