Hunter Hunted Ch. 19

Story Info
The Monster VS. ASP
3.3k words
4.77
21k
9
Story does not have any tags

Part 19 of the 20 part series

Updated 10/19/2022
Created 10/03/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 19: The Monster VS. ASP

Mira's screams could be heard from the hallway by Shadow and his party. They sounded horrified and as if she was in pain. Shadow glanced over at Angel and Marcus, nodding at the door, then he disappeared into the wall.

Marcus wrestled open the door, tearing it almost off of its hinges. He ran in first, his recently reworked blaster leading the way. In front of him there was nothing but splotches of an orange colored goop. But he could still hear the shrieks of the other teams echoing hollowly. Hunter was screaming Mirage's name and Beast was yowling louder than anyone had heard before.

"Through there!" Tambor yelled. Between her hands she held a huge ball of electricity that snapped and crackled as she balanced it precariously. She was first through the partition and she sent the ball, which had only grown bigger the longer she held it, toward the orange goop that was pulsing on the ground.

Near it, and unmoving, Mirage lay. Her head was bent at an impossible angle and her eyes were wide and sightless. Nearby and beating at the tentacled monster, Hunter fought with his bare hands. His blaster lay useless on the floor near his feet, the power reading beeping and flashing red. His screams of Mirage's name were heart breaking and Angel ran to his side, firing her blaster at the beast. She was slicing hunks of orange goop off the beast and the thing was growling louder, jerking with every strike of electricity that hit him.

"Get Mira and get her away from this thing!" Angel shouted at Hunter, covering his movements with the steady silver streams from her blaster. Marcus joined her, standing shoulder to shoulder as the thing tried to attack. The first two ASP teams had backed the thing into a corner and now someone was firing at the thing from the other side.

Tinman touched Marcus' shoulder. "You know what to do." He was silver, his skin hard as metal, his body shining in the dim light. He nodded at Lelia and at Tambor, waiting until each held a ball of electricity before he stepped fearlessly up to the beast, thrusting his metal hand into one of its many eyes. "Now!" he shouted.

The electricity hit him, both from Angel and Marcus as well as from Tambor and Lee. Sparks came off of him and his body jerked as the electricity surged from him, directly into the eye of the beast. His teeth were gritted and for one second, he met Lee's eyes, smiling determinedly. "Again!"

The stream of electricity came from another source and Dianna stepped up next to the other two witches, her hands up. The beam that came from her hand was weak, but she was determined to help. Beast came up behind her, his furry body cradling hers. Dianna was exhausted and without his body holding hers, she would have fallen. She glanced up at him, murmuring her thanks and then sent another shaft at the beast.

"Don't give it a chance to recover," she told the other two witches, watching as their hands came up, one on either side of her, touching her arms, adding their Wiccan power to hers. Her beam grew wider with their help and Tinman, still sparking and jerking from the flow, stepped into the orange goop, becoming a human lightning rod and frying the ugly thing from the inside out.

Its growls grew frantic, its tentacles whipping at the air, trying to find a way to rid itself of the thing that was hurting it the most. Each time a tentacle came close to Tinman, Kit and Mage would fire their blasters and fry it before it could connect. Each member of the team was doing their best to kill the damn thing. It was working, the monster seeming to shrink with each jolt of electricity, the tentacles rolling up to try to protect the head of the beast. Most of them were now black and smoking, the scent of death, of sulfur and some other chemical, growing in the air.

Hunter had lifted Mirage in his arms, crying out as her head seemed to flop bonelessly against his arm. He pulled her against his chest, words of love flowing from his lips. He took her behind the other ASP teams, his heart breaking as he felt for a pulse. He knew there was no hope, he knew she was dead from the time she stepped in front of him, taking a hit from one of those wretched tentacles that had been meant for him.

She'd died for him and now all he could do was cry. He buried his head in her neck, tears flowing off his face and into her hair. How could she have done that? How could she have taken that blow? Didn't she know that without her, his life wasn't worth living?

He forgot about the beast, about the other members of ASP, about everything but the pain that was making him tremble. How was he going to survive without her? He didn't hear when the battle ended or the cries of triumph that came from the battle weary teams. He barely felt Angel's hand as it came down on his shoulder. But when Marcus tried to take Mira's body away from him, he snarled, his teeth snapping, his body uncoiling. His fist flew and Marcus took the blow, knowing the pain that was boiling inside of Hunter.

As quickly as he rose, he fell back to the floor, gathering her still warm body in his arms. "Don't touch her," he hissed. "Just...don't." He looked up as Shadow knelt next to him. "She stepped in front of me. She took the hit that was meant for me. She's...dead because of me. I love her, Shadow. How could she do that to me?"

Shadow rested a sympathetic hand on Mira's cheek, slowly closing her sightless eyes. His other hand touched Hunter's shoulder. "She died saving you, Hunter. Your life, your love, meant so much to her. After everything she went through before, do you think she wanted to live without you?"

"But...but I'm bigger, I'm stronger. I could have survived..."

Dianna touched the back of Hunter's head. "No, Hunter, you wouldn't have."

"How do you know?" he began angrily, only to reach up and grab her hand to hold it against his cheek as his tears flowed harder. "I'm sorry," he sobbed.

"I know, Hunter." Dianna's eyes were full of tears as well as she gazed into Mira's beautiful face, still in death. "We'll miss her too."

Hunter nodded, his shoulders shaking as he tried to hold back the sobs that wanted to tear him apart. He couldn't let go of Mira, not his Mira with her sparkling blue eyes and crass mouth. She was the whole of his world, his center, his reason for being. Now she was gone.

"I...I c-can't do this," he cried. "I can't let her go."

Then a bright white light, so intense to have him closing his eyes against it, filled the room.

* * * *

Domino woke slowly, his head throbbing, his heart seeming to pound against his chest. The thirst was terrible, causing him to ache in every joint of his body. He sat up slowly, feeling the world spin once before settling down. "Where the fuck am I?"

He heard a growl from behind him and he spun, his eyes going to Nick and Arielle. They were growling and slathering, advancing upon him. Neither was in control of their faculties and both were a threat to him.

"Nicky, I don't want to have to hurt you. Come on, Nicky. We're friends, remember?"

For a moment it almost seemed as if his plea had struck a chord in the vampire. But that moment was swift and fleeting and now he seemed even more determined to make Domino his next meal.

Arielle was even scarier. Her eyes were blank as she moved toward him, her hands in front of her, her fingers curved into claws. Her lips were parted and awful shrieking growls were coming from her lips even as her own blood dripped from a wound in her head to fall into her mouth. She snapped her teeth at him, acting rabid and sending Domino to run to the door.

It was locked.

Domino blinked and yanked at the door. It was of heavy metal, the lock being a solid steel bar built into the metal frame. He yanked again and felt the knob bend in his hands but the lock didn't budge. He was trapped in a room he couldn't remember entering with two vampires that were weirded out on some kind of drug that wanted him to feed them. "Fuck!"

The word was heart felt and empathized every thing he was feeling at the moment. He was in a world of hurt and he had to figure something out.

Gazing at Arielle, he knew she would be the easiest of the two to take out and he searched the room for some kind of weapon. The furniture was sparse, none of it heavy enough to take on two full grown Vampires. He ducked under Nicky's arm, hitting him in the chest with a punch that should have knocked his friend down and across the room. Nicky barely grunted.

Domino spun, his leg coming up to smash against Arielle's chin. She did go down, but only momentarily. Domino watched, stunned, as Nicky turned to help Arielle up before turning back toward him. Maybe the secret of controlling Nicky was going to be Arielle. He sidestepped Nicky again, reaching out and pulling Arielle into his arms, turning her so she faced Nicky. He captured her arms, holding her far enough away from him to keep her from biting.

"Stop, Nicky. Stop or I break her neck! You know I can do it so if you don't want to see her dead, you'll stop right now."

Nicky stared at Arielle, then looked at Domino. The madness was in his eyes, the pulsing growl telling him one thing but his love for Arielle telling him another. He stopped moving, his hands going to his side, his eyes signaling his defeat.

"That's good, Nicky, real good. Now you go and sit down over there and I'm going to figure out a way to get us all out of here." He waited to make sure that Nicky was sitting where he told him to and then grabbed Arielle around the neck, keeping his arm out of her mouth and holding her to him snugly. She was lithe and slender, making his job easier.

The pulsing grew heavier and he could feel Arielle pulling on his arm, her growls growing frantic. Nicky jerked, his body desperately wanting to follow what the pulse was telling him to do. Only his concern for Arielle kept him in place. "Good boy, Nicky, just stay there and I'll get us out of this somehow."

He reached out for the door knob again, yanking at it desperately. But with only one hand, he could do little more then twist the metal even worse, making it a mess. His eyes searched anxiously around the room, knowing he had little time before Arielle would find a way to bite him or Nicky would become uncontrollable. He could also feel dawn coming and he knew the drain of daylight would affect him soon as well. If that happened, he really would be dead.

A sudden screeching had him dropping his arm from Arielle, his hands going to his ears. The sound was so intense, it made him feel as if his head would explode. He curled into a ball on the floor, his head buried between his arms, waiting for the noise to stop one way or another.

He didn't see Arielle's confused face or her fright as the sound assaulted her, or see Nicky jerk her away from him, holding her even as he tried to protect both their ears. He only knew the pain of the screams.

Then there was silence. So sudden it was almost as if the air had been sucked out of the room. Domino slowly lifted his head, his eyes moving around the room until he saw Nick and Arielle, huddled together on the floor. "Nicky?" he whispered, but the sound seemed like a shout in the sudden quiet.

"We're okay now, Domino." Nicky's voice was sane and Arielle's eyes showed nothing of the rabid, mindless animal she'd been before.

Domino let out a relieved sigh. "Thank God. I didn't want to hurt her, you know that Nicky."

"I know. I wish I could have said the same about you."

Domino chuckled and came to his feet. "Give me a hand and we'll get out of this room. Dawn's coming soon and I'd rather spend the day somewhere that I'm comfortable with instead of someplace I've never been before." He reached out a hand, helping them both up before going back to the door with Nick.

Nicky took one look at the door then took a step back and kicked. His foot was aimed perfectly and he dented the door where the metal lock was. The first kick didn't bend it enough and he kicked again, feeling the door move. "Yank on it, Dom."

Dom yanked and the door about pulled off its hinges. It banged against the side of the wall, reverberating loudly. But it was open and they were free.

Stepping into the hallway, Dom looked around searching for something to tell them where they were at. The door across from them was closed but there were words on it and Domino cursed. "Braxton Labs. Damn that fucker to hell."

"Well, at least we know where we are."

"Yeah," Arielle said for the first time since the pulsing had stopped. "Right back where we started from."

Nicky hugged her to him. "We'll get home."

"Yeah," Domino added. "All I need is a phone."

"I thought you business types were never without a phone," Nick teased. "I thought you had it surgically implanted from the moment you got your first job in the mail room."

"I was never in the mail room," Domino said with a snort. He shook his head. "Give me a break, I bought my first company when I was eighteen and it's been uphill since then. But you're right, I should have grabbed my phone before we left the house."

"Well, we didn't give you much time," Arielle said softly, smiling cautiously at Domino.

"No, you certainly did not. There has to be a phone somewhere in this place." He started trying to open doors, growling in frustration when they all seemed to be locked. Finally he found one that opened and it turned out to be an office, windows behind the desk led to some kind of laboratory. He hurried to the desk, picking up the phone and sighing when he heard a dial tone.

He dialed the number to the house, smiling when it was picked up at the second ring. "Sal, I need you to bring the limo and come and get us at Braxton Labs." He listened and then interrupted the man. "I'll tell you about it later, right now, dawn is coming and I'm feeling a bit exposed here." He hung up the phone. He'll be here in about fifteen minutes.

They heard footsteps in the hallway and glanced at each other. Arielle gave a small shriek when Taylor Braxton popped into the room. He didn't even notice them as he closed the door and locked it, finally turning when it was secured. "Shit," he hissed.

"Yeah, that's a good word," Nicky growled. He felt his teeth lengthening, coming to rest against his bottom lip and he snarled. "You've stepped in it enough, you smarmy bastard."

"Wait," Braxton said, holding up his hands as all three vampires began to stalk toward him. "You don't understand..."

"Understand what?" Arielle asked. "Understand that you pumped that orange shit into my body. Understand that you left me chained to the ground for some rabid Vampire to feed from? Understand that you've killed hundreds with girls that were innocent of everything but falling for your line? What more do we need to understand?"

Braxton back toward the door that he'd just locked. He didn't really have an answer for Arielle. "I'm sorry for all that. It was a mistake," he hedged, feeling the knob under his hand at his back.

"A mistake?" Nick's voice was full of disbelief. "You left Arielle locked up hoping that I would drain her and kill her, didn't you? She was supposed to be so tempting I wouldn't be able to resist and then I would have even more of that orange goop inside of me. You son of a bitch, I can't believe you're standing here telling us it was all a mistake."

Domino stepped between Nicky and Braxton, holding out his hand to touch his friend's chest. "We should hear him out, shouldn't we Nicky?"

"Hear him out? Dom are you fucking nuts?"

Domino smiled and then reached back for Braxton and thrust him into Nicky's arms. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Don't know what I was thinking..." he smiled as Arielle stepped up next to Nicky, grabbing Braxton's hand. She was about to take a bite herself when she stopped and her head came up.

"How do we know he isn't full of that orange goop himself?"

"Easy," Nick said, grabbing Braxton's throat. And even as the man began to speak, to beg for his life, Nicky ripped his hand away, tearing out his throat. The dark rich essence of life ran from the wound and Braxton choked and gasped for air as his esophagus was filled with blood. "Drink," he said to Arielle and watched as she buried her mouth into the wound, gulping wildly as her thirst was quenched for the first time. His hand cradled her head and he smiled when she glanced up at him, blood smeared around her face.

"It's good," she whispered, then lifted on tip toe to kiss him. Her tongue was wild in his mouth and he felt the blood lust begin in him as he tasted Braxton's blood upon her lips. "It's really good."

"Yes," Nicky gasped, bending his head to drink his share. Braxton's body was limp in his hands and his blood was no longer flowing. Nicky took one last gulp and then pulled Arielle away, handing the body over to Dom with a nod of thanks.

Dom nodded with a big smile and then jerked a thumb toward Arielle. "First kill?"

"Yes," Nicky said softly, gazing down at her and pushing her hair out of her face. She was licking her fingers, scooping up what blood she could off of her face. He didn't even look up as he heard Dom bite into Braxton's flesh. Instead, he took Arielle's hand, putting her fingers in his mouth and suckling gently. She sighed her pleasure then she reached up and scooped blood from his chin, licking her fingers.

Nicky chuckled. His head dropped to touch her forehead and he stared into her eyes. "We don't usually kill, baby. This was a special occasion."

Domino wiped his mouth on the back of his hand and then let Braxton drop to the floor. "Couldn't have been a more satisfying ending. Come on, Sal should be outside waiting for us." He clapped Nicky on the shoulder and then stepped toward the door, opening it and stepping out into the hallway. The limo was at the end of the hall, parked right outside the big double doors. He was just in time as the first purple streaks of morning were coloring the sky.