Hunting the Skinwalker

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Krista winced and shook her head. "I'm okay. I just sprained my ankle when I fell," she said.

The lobby of The Elms was quiet as they entered. Dim track lighting lit the beige walls and green carpet. Steven silently followed Krista up the carpeted stairs to the second floor. His heart pounded as she turned the key in the lock to the door numbered twelve. She pushed it open and ushered him inside.

The room was small, with eggshell white wallpaper that was stained from years of cigarette smoke. A window faced the door. A venetian blind was closed over the window, but some stray light shone through the slats. Steven noticed the unmade bed. On it were a pullover and a pair of jeans beside a newspaper. Beside that, just to his right, was a night stand with a light and a clock radio next to a book. The light was turned on, casting a yellowish glow on the bed and floor. Two light blue suitcases were in the opposite corner beside a highback black vinyl chair with a shiny pine frame. To his right he saw a bureau with a laptop computer on it. Beside the laptop were three hardback books piled atop one another. The top drawer of the bureau was open slightly, but not enough to allow Steven to see inside. On the other side of the bureau was a door that was ajar. He assumed it was the bathroom. Over the door was hung a white terrycloth towel. A light shone from inside.

"It's not much, but it's home for the next little while," she said with a sigh, giving him an embarrassed look.

"It's cozy," Steven said.

Krista laughed. "You should be writing descriptions for those advertisements they place in magazines. You can make a dump sound like home sweet home."

"It's not so bad -- better than some other places in town," he said. "How long have you been here?"

"It will be a week tomorrow," she said.

"You spent Christmas here?" Steven felt pity for her.

"Yeah. It was pretty dull, but I got a bottle of wine and made the most of it," she said.

"I wish I had have met you sooner," he said. "I would have invited you over."

Krista shrugged. "I'm sorry, but I don't have anything to offer you," she said. "I should have stopped on the way for some pop or juice." She was standing at the foot of the bed, fumbling with her fingers.

"It's okay," he assured her.

She gave Steven a nervous look, running her eyes down his body. They paused when they met the bulge in his jeans. She wondered if it was bigger now than when it had appeared to be at the restaurant, or if it was just her imagination. Her clit ached and she knew that soon her nipples would be hard enough to poke out at her blouse.

"Do you still have that ring?" she asked.

"Oh... ya..." Steven fished in the pocket of his jeans and produced Gary Marsdon's ring. He handed it to her, his fingers quivering slightly.

"And you're sure this is his ring?" she asked, examining it.

"Positive," he said with a nod. It was then that he noticed blood running down Krista's palm towards her slender wrist. Fear gripped him. Images of her turning into a hellhound like he had seen in Hammer horror movies as a child came to him. "You're bleeding. Did he... did he get you?" he asked, his voice full of worry.

Krista raised her hand and looked at the cut on the heel of it. She shook her head. "No, he never touched me. I cut it when I fell back on the ground," she said.

Steven gave her a relieved smile. "Good," he said. "Not good that you cut yourself, but good that..."

"I know what you mean," she interjected, then smiled.

Steven walked in to the bathroom. He looked around and saw a neatly folded towel hanging from a chrome rod beside the vanity. He pulled the towel from the rod and wet one end of it with warm water, then returned to Krista beside the bed.

"Here, give me your hand." His voice was gentle, like his touch as he wiped the blood from her palm and cleaned her wound.

Krista watched as Steven tended to her, then smiled up at him. It was the first time in a very long while that a man had touched her. And although it was just his hand on hers and certainly not in a romantic context, it still moved her. She felt her tense muscles relax. Now she was growing wet. It surprised her, but she welcomed it.

"Thanks Steven," Krista said, noticing how her voice had grown thick. She gave him a shy glance.

He wiped her hand with the dry end of the towel, then tossed the towel on the bed. He brought her soft hand to his mouth and pressed his lips to her palm, kissing it tenderly. Her fingertips grazed the stubble on his left cheek, then they trailed down towards his pursed lips. She caressed them, smiling. He parted them and sucked at a fingertip like a child nursing.

When Krista stepped away Steven noticed that her cheeks were flushed. His felt the same. He moved his eyes down until they met the distinct outlines of her hard nipples protruding from her rounded breasts, straining the fabric of her blouse. He licked his lips. It was only when he felt her hands sliding along his sides that he looked up.

Krista opened her mouth, as if to speak, then she slowly pressed her full lips to his. They were soft and wet. He parted his to receive her probing tongue. It flicked over his, then she began sucking and tugging at his lower lip. Her breasts were pressed to his chest now. They felt firm and larger than they had seemed to him. When he slid his hand up from her hip and gently cupped her left one she moaned and kissed him harder.

Steven rubbed and pinched at her nipple through her blouse, surprised by it's thickness. Now he wanted more. When he began to unbutton her blouse her eyes caught his. "Is this okay?" he asked.

Krista nodded. She ran her hands under his pullover, caressing his firm stomach and chest. Once Steven had gotten her blouse fully open he stopped to admire her breasts, still held snugly in her light red bra. He tugged his pullover off and let it fall to the floor while she did the same with her blouse and bra.

"You're beautiful," he said as he pulled her to him. He ran his hands over her bare back and bent down to run his tongue around her dusky right nipple and areola.

She moaned and stroked his back and sides. Her hips swayed as he squeezed her breasts and teased her nipples with his mouth and tongue. When he felt her hands working on the button and zipper of his jeans he froze, looking up.

"Time for me to see the rest of you," Krista breathed. She moved him towards the foot of the bed and sat down. Her mouth was in front of his hard cock now. When she finally pulled his underwear and jeans down past his knees it slowly rose to it's full length and thickness. She smiled and cupped his balls in her palm, then ran her fingers along the underside of his shaft.

Steven shivered in pleasure and kicked his shoes off. He tugged at his jeans and underwear until he was free of them, then pushed them aside. Krista had stood up briefly and now her own jeans and panties were on the floor beside her boots.

Krista crawled backwards on the bed, inviting him to join her with her smile. Steven moved between her silky thighs. He bent down over her and kissed her. She ran her hands up and down his back, then guided him lower by tugging on his shoulders.

"I want you in me," she said as she curled her legs around his.

He looked down at the beautiful woman spread out under him and settled between her open thighs. When he felt her hand give his cock a squeeze he moaned. She raised her hips and cried out as the head of his shaft slipped between her wet, pink folds. She gripped him inside her tight walls and began meeting his thrusts.

"Yes... that's it... deeper, Steven..." she said.

Steven began moving his hips faster now, watching her expression change as her passion grew. His hands were under her, cupping her shoulders and he felt her stiff nipples rub against his chest. When he heard her cry out and arch her back he paused.

"Keep going," she urged. "I need to cum again."

He raised up, sliding his hands down until he was holding her by her firm ass. He lifted her from the bed and began working his glistening rod in and out of her tight pussy, harder than before now. Krista moaned and writhed. She began rubbing her breasts and tugged at her right nipple. Her eyes were closed and her moist lips parted slightly. She looked beautiful, rapt in pleasure.

When she came for the second time Steven felt her squeeze his cock harder. She was as tight as a fist and he knew he was going to be overcome with his own orgasm soon.

"I'm close," he panted.

"Cum on me," she said.

Steven needed no more encouragement. He slid from her and gave his throbbing cock a few quick strokes. Cum shot from it in successive blasts, splashing across her quelling stomach and nipples. She ran her fingers through it, painting her sexy body with his seed as she looked up through half-closed eyes, smiling. Once he was spent he fell down beside her on the bed, still breathing hard.

"I knew this was going to happen, ever since this morning in the library." Krista rolled over and rested her head on his chest. She ran her finger through the trail of hair leading down to his spent cock.

"You did?" he asked, lifting his head in surprise.

She shrugged. "Okay, maybe I should have said Ihoped it would..."

Steven smiled. "Me too. Except I couldn't have imagined it being so good."

Krista lifted up, resting on her left elbow. She kissed his cheek. "Me either," she whispered.

The room was silent as the lovers rested on the bed, a tangle of arms and legs. For a while any thoughts of skinwalkers or Gary Marsdon were far from their minds. They were content to relax in their post coital embrace, oblivious to the outside world. After about fifteen minutes Krista said "How about a nice, hot shower?"

Steven turned on his side and kissed her forehead. "That sounds good," he told her.

The spray of the hot water was refreshing as it ran over their bodies. It washed away their mingled juices, as well as the remnants of tension from that afternoon. Steven nibbled at Krista's sensitive neck as he stood behind her, washing her soft back. Soon he felt his cock twitch and begin to rise. When she felt it pressed to her ass she craned her head around to give him a surprised grin.

"Getting ready for some more?" she teased.

"I'm already ready," he told her.

Steven turned her away from the cascading water so she was facing the tiled wall of the bathroom. He held her flared hips and teased her lips with the swollen head of his cock. She braced her palms on the wall and leaned forward. Her wet hair and breasts swayed as she moved. He was more eager than earlier and when she felt his thick shaft enter her she moaned. Her soft voice echoed above the sound of the running water.

"Fuck me hard, Steven," she said, pushing back towards him with her hips.

Steven ran his soapy hands up her smooth body and cupped her pendulous breasts in his hands. He held onto them, gripping them hard as he began moving in and out of her tight pussy. Their moans and cries of pleasure filled the bathroom as he thrust his hips and pinched her nipples.

When Krista came for the first time he knew he was getting close. He slid his hands down to her hips, holding them tight as he watched his shaft piston in and out of her. He was slapping against her firm ass with each thrust and it excited her.

"Shove it in me... harder, Steven..." Krista's thick voice rose above the sound of the shower. Seconds later another orgasm hit her and she let out a throaty moan.

Just before Steven released streams of thick cum, he pulled out of her. His seed splashed against the tub between them and was washed away. Once he had finished, he turned her around. He pulled her to him and they kissed as their fingers explored the now familiar curves and crevices of one another's bodies.

"You're going to wear me out, but I love it," she said, then kissed him again.

They stood under the water until it began to grow cool. Eventually they reluctantly broke their embrace and dried off. A fan whirred above them in the ceiling, but it was the only sound as they came down from their bliss.

"You'll have to be getting home soon."

Krista and Steven were lying on the bed, fully clothed and resting against the headboard when she spoke. Steven glanced at his watch. It was nine-thirty. He frowned, then nodded at her in agreement.

"I'll drive you." Krista slid from his arms. She sat at the edge of the bed and pulled her boots on.

"Thanks," he said. "I wish I didn't have to go though. Maybe tomorrow I can tell Mom and Dad that I'm stying at a friend's. That is... if you want me to." He gave her a nervous look.

Krista was pulling her coat on and fishing her car keys from her purse. "Of course I want you to," she replied, giving him a wide grin.

Krista was driving down Coburg Road when she heard the siren. She looked in her rear-view mirror and saw the flashing lights of a police car.

"Shit," she hissed, looking at her speedometer. She pulled over, waiting for the car from the sheriff's department to stop behind her. When it sailed past, siren blaring, she let out a surprised grunt. "Must be on a doughnut run," she said with a laugh. But soon she heard more sirens.

"Something's going on," Steven said.

They exchanged worried glances, neither wanting to say what they suspected. Krista stayed parked near the sidewalk as another police car, then an ambulance rushed past. Once their lights and sirens faded in the distance she pulled out to the road again.

"I'm going to follow them," she said.

"It's probably just an accident," he replied.

"Maybe, but after everything, don't you want to know?" Krista's hooded eyes met his.

"Of course. Let's go see -- just to be sure," Steven replied.

Krista followed the sounds of the sirens through Putnam Falls. Neither of them exchanged words. When Steven saw Sheriff Baird's cruiser cross Gibson Street and speed up Mason Avenue his stomach turned. "Oh shit," he muttered.

In the distance they saw red and blue lights flashing. When they passed the former home of Mrs. Myra Lawton Steven knew for sure where the activity was. Krista slowed down.

"They're at Brian's," he said dolefully. "He lives half a block away."

The deputies had set up a barricade of yellow saw horses in the road, so Krista pulled over. "Do you want to go up there?" She turned and gave Steven a worried look.

"We have to," he told her.

Steven was out of the car and running up the street before she could answer him. She grabbed her purse and followed behind, breathing hard. Someone from the fire department had stopped Steven, preventing him from going any further. A police officer was standing at the open door to Deputy Gary Marsdon's house. Parked in the driveway was his cruiser with the logo from the sheriff's department on the driver's side door. Behind it was an ambulance, it's lights flashing. A paramedic was looking inside the police cruiser.

As Krista approached Steven she saw him talking with a woman who looked two decades older than her. In her hand was a notebook. Krista thought she might be a reporter. Not wanting to intrude, or make herself seem suspicious, she lagged back, observing their conversation. Rain was beginning to gently fall and she zipped her coat up around her chin.

After what seemed an eternity Steven turned from the woman and began to walk towards Krista. His hands were deep in the pockets of his jeans and his head was lowered. At first she thought she saw raindrops running down his flushed cheeks, but when he was less than a yard from her she realized they were tears.

"Brian's dad shot himself," Steven said, then began to heave and sob.

"What?" she exclaimed in disbelief, giving her head a shake.

"About an hour ago... in his police car." Now Steven's breathing was laboured. "That was someone from The Putnam Falls Telegraph I was talking to; she told me. She said they found what they think are stab wounds on his shoulder, so they're wondering about that but..." Steven's voice halted and he gave Krista an ugly sneer. "Well, I guess you got what you wanted, huh?" he spat out.

Krista never replied. She couldn't even meet his intense gaze.

"Now you can finish your book, since you've got the ending you needed, Krista. I hope it sells a million fuckin' copies and makes you rich. But Brian and his little sister don't have a dad anymore and his mother is a widow." His sobbing had turned to cries of anguish and tears flooded his red cheeks. He folded his arms around himself, as if that was the only thing keeping him from falling apart.

His voice was full of venom and it wounded Krista. She began to plead. "No... Steven, please... you knew the truth... you knew what he was," she said. Krista gently placed her hand on his trembling shoulder. He shook it off and gave her a contemptuous glare. "I know you're upset, Steven, but..."

Before Krista could continue he bolted from her, running through the rain down the street. She watched him turn right at Gibson Street. She considered chasing after him, but didn't think it would do any good. She sighed, feeling warm tears begin to trickle down her cheeks.

###

Steven got up early the next morning. He had not slept the night before. When he had arrived home, still crying and drenched from the rain, his parents were sitting in the kitchen. Someone had called to deliver the sad news to them about Gary Marsdon and they were waiting for Steven.

"I just came from there," was all he said after they finished speaking. "I'm going to bed now. I love you, Mom and Dad."

The horrific events of the past week almost seemed a blur to Steven as he walked down to the kitchen that morning. His mother was at the table, eating breakfast and reading the newspaper.

"I'm going to go for a walk," he told his mother.

Mary Paxton reached out and held her son's hand. Her worried eyes met his. "Are you going to be okay, Honey? Do you want to talk about it?"

Steven shook his head and slipped his hand from his mother's. "I'll be okay, Mom. I just need to go for a walk and think."

Mary gave her son an understanding nod as she watched him pull his jacket on.

Steven was breathless from running when he reached Coburg Road. But when he saw The Elms he sped up. A look of relief swept over his face when he saw Krista's car parked in front. He went inside and dashed up the stairs. When he gently rapped at number twelve his heart was still pounding, but now out of worry. When Krista opened the door and saw him standing there she gasped in surprise, then smiled. She reached out tentatively for his hands and tugged at his fingers.

"I'm sorry," he said meekly, forcing a sheepish smile.

Krista gave her head a slow shake. "No need to be. You were upset; it's understandable."

"Can... can I come in?" he asked.

"Of course."

Krista pulled the door open and Steven followed her inside. He looked around the room. The top of the bureau was bare now and lying on the bed were Krista's two suitcases beside her purse. "I guess you're leaving..." he said.

Krista tightened her lips and nodded. "I've done enough damage around here," she said.

Steven held her by her forearms and drew her closer. He smiled into her eyes. "No... actually, you've probably saved lives by hunting him down. You've definitely changed my life for the better," he assured her.

She let out a modest smile. "Somehow I doubt that," she said.

He pulled her closer. Their lips met with tender familiarity. When she felt his hand cup her breast she began growing wet, but slipped from his embrace.

"We can't start that now..." she said apologetically.

Steven nodded, still holding her right hand.

"Will I ever see you again?" Steven asked. He was sure he knew the answer already, but needed to hear her say it, just to prepare him.