Iliad Battles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Glancing at the sidelines, he signaled to the young slave boy holding his personal belongings. Then from his money pouch, he took two gold coins. They were to cover the dead man's eyes as a special tribute to the 'Boatman,' to insure the fallen soldier's safe and easy passage over to the other side. And no one would dare steal the coins, it would mean sure death for them and their entire family.

The warrior of legend then lifted his long sword high above his head before plunging the blade through the breastplate of the dead soldier. Then using his short sword, he cut the thong that bound the weapon to his wrist, leaving it protruding from the fallen soldier's torso. Those watching knew he wasn't desecrating the body; he was marking it for special recognition.

The intricately handcrafted beacon sticking from the dead warrior's chest was now an unwritten edict. For no one, not even the Kings themselves, would dare dishonor the sword or defy the will of 'Achilles.'

So even though the fallen soldier hadn't been born a noble, his lifeless body would receive the recognition and honor of a funeral befitting one.

And not to be outdone, the Greek Kings would be compelled to donate a sack of one hundred gold coins each, to be delivered by royal messenger to the fallen hero's village. Where a herald would summon its citizens to a general assembly to hear about the heroic deeds and patriotic sacrifice of their lost 'son.'

At the end of all the pomp and pageantry, the bags of gold would then be handed over to the widow, and now two fatherless sons of Yargos.

************* ************* ************* ************

Please take time to vote. A huge amount of time is devoted to writing a story, good, bad, or indifferent. Your direct feedback, especially direct comments helps writers to become better and more focused, which in turn gives you, the reader, a better product. Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

12