I'll Always Take Care of You Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After their breathing returned to normal Jan finally spoke up saying, "I like option D best."

"Me too," breathed Jen, "but I bet that Davey wins every time."

I chuckled as I said, "You're probably right, but I'm magnanimous in victory."

The twins both giggled and hugged me tightly. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was just after midnight. I kissed them both on the forehead and said to them both, "It's late and I need to get some sleep. I'll see you both in the morning. I love you."

After another round of hugs and an invitation to stay with them overnight, I thanked them as I got up, but said, "I need to sleep in my own bed."

When I walked into my bedroom Ellen and Susan were talking, waiting for me to come in. They looked up at me smiling as Ellen said, "What took you so long?"

"I had to help Jan and Jen develop option D," I said solemnly.

The girls laughed as I climbed into bed. It had been an extremely long day and I was more exhausted than I had been in quite a while. I turned off the light and lay on my back. Ellen snuggled into me and Suzie spooned in behind her. I studied her cheek as she began to relax with her head on my chest. The low light allowed me to see her, but withheld those details that my mind automatically filled in. I watched her cheek rise in a smile as I told her, "Sleep well honey, and remember that I'll always take care of you."

Within moments, her rhythmic breathing told me she was asleep. I was exhausted, but puzzled as to why I was unable to sleep as well. I tried rolling over on my side, but was unable to drift off that way either. I finally got up and went into the bathroom. I grabbed the glass and filled it with water, drained it, and then set it down. I was still trying to decipher why my brain was unable to turn off as I walked out of the bathroom.

I was startled when I discovered that I was standing by my desk staring at my new briefcase. I knew that the reason I was unable to sleep was the contents of the envelope in the briefcase. I had to know what was in the letter dad had left for me before my mind would let me relax. I reached out with trepidation, grabbed and opened the thick padded envelope and pulled out the contents.

I sat down in the executive chair, pulled up to the desk and examined the contents that had spilled out on the desk. There was a high capacity memory stick, several legal documents and a folded letter with several pages stapled together. I ignored everything else and picked up the letter. I unfolded it and began reading.

The more I read, the more lightheaded that I felt. If I hadn't been sitting down, I might have passed out. I had no idea. How could I not have known? Why hadn't dad told me? How had the girls ever kept me from finding out? What did this mean for my future?

I dumped the contents from the envelope into the lockable drawer of my desk, sat back in the chair and let my mind wander. The swirling thoughts finally began to slow down and I decided to try to get some sleep. I had received quite a shock and was still thinking about all the implications as I got back into my bed. I glanced at the alarm clock and saw that it was only a couple of minutes before five. I wondered idly where all the time went as I drifted off and lost consciousness.

****

If you enjoyed the story, or have a suggestion for a plot twist, please send me feedback and vote. Your input is the only form of payment we authors receive from Literotica. Well thought-out, positive feedback is how I motivate myself to continue this hard work. If you include your email address, I'll respond as quickly as I can. If you choose not to include your email address, don't ask any questions, since I can't answer them anyway.

After reading your wonderful comments, I feel it safe to say that my fans are among the brightest at this site. Thank you.