I'm Different Than You

Story Info
Why I write my stories, by Susan Jill Parker.
8k words
11.1k
15
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There are no characters under the age of 18-years-old in his story.

As if your vote is my applause, please vote.

*

Why I write my stories, by Susan Jill Parker. Suffice to say, I'm different than you.

No surprise there, just as you're different than me, I'm different than you. We're not nearly the same person. I'm not writing that I'm special or better than you. I'm just different than you. Being that we're different people with different experiences, it's impossible for us to be the same or to think the same.

Not only do we have big differences in appearance, age, culture, tradition, religion, opinions, and beliefs but also, we have subtle differences in our personalities, sense of humors, and how we think about things too. Different good or different bad, what does it matter? Definitely not the same person, we're just different. That's all. Just as I'm not like you, you're not like me.

In as much as we're all basically and equally the same, we're all basically and equally different. Just as you're not like me and I'm not like you, with no one like anyone else, no one is exactly same. Yet, even though we're all different animals, we are all much alike in many regards. Unable to help ourselves, stuck with one another and locked by our natural born genetics, we're all human.

Admittedly, just as you see things differently than me, I see things differently than you. Sometimes, I see the things that you don't see and, because of that, I have a story to show. No doubt, I feel things differently than you do too. I sometimes may feel what you don't feel and, because of that, I have a story to write.

Being that too many people don't take the time to listen, I hear the things that you don't hear, can't hear, don't want to hear, or don't have the time to hear and, because of that, I have a story to share. Being that too many people don't understand or even ask the pertinent questions needed to ask to comprehend the issues, inquisitive by nature, perhaps I may have that advantage over you too. Nevertheless, because of my inquisitiveness, I have yet another story to write. Those are the three senses that continually inspire my stories, sights, sounds, and feelings. Those are the three senses that make me different than you.

Just as I seemingly always have a unique story to write, to tell, to show, and to share, we all have unique stories to write, to tell, to show, and to share. With that truth in mind, tell me. I'm curious. I really want to know. I promise not to tell anyone your story, that is unless you want me to write your story for others to read. What's your story? Think about it. Take your time to reflect. Being that there's no one else like you, even you have a unique story to tell that's different than anyone else's story.

Now that you've taken the time to think about it. I'll ask you again. What's your story? No matter if you believe that you're good or bad, or that you're interesting or boring, tell me, why are you the way that you are? What and/or who made you who you are? Think about it. Your story may surprise you as well as it may interest others.

"So...what's your story?"

What was that one defining moment that changed the direction of your life for the worse or the better? Don't say that there wasn't one defining moment when you know that there were many defining moments that defined you and that made you who you are today. Just as we all have more than a few tricks up our sleeves, we all have at least one defining moment. I've had several and assuredly will have many more before I meet my maker.

* * * * *

"Oh, hello. It's you. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I didn't even know that you even existed and here you are standing before me," said Susan while surprised by who greeted her at her final destination.

Susan feigned a smile when she'd rather just flee.

"As you can see, I do exist, Susan," said the Devil.

Accepting her fate, hoping to cool their relationship instead of heating it up, she hoped to make Satan her friend.

"This is embarrassing," she said pulling her blouse lower to flash the demon more of her long line of sexy cleavage. "I thought my maker was God and not the Prince of Darkness. No wonder I write erotica, especially incest. Now I understand why I slum in the Devil's playground when writing my stories of mother and son incestuous sex. Go figure."

Satan nodded Susan a smile.

"Incest stories are my favorite type of literature, especially mother and son incest," said the Devil. "I'm honored to have you, my favorite author, as one of my guests."

Susan gave Lucifer a curious look.

"Thank you," said Susan. "By the way...just wondering but in the way that Dante Alighieri wrote about the nine levels of Hell in Dante's Inferno and with the ninth level a special Hell reserved for Popes—"

Lucifer gave Susan a heated look.

"Yes? I hate Dante. He was one who got away," interrupted Satan. "Don't waste my time. What's your question? What's your point?"

Afraid to ask her question but needing to know the answer to make her feel better being in Hell, she persevered.

"Do you have a special level of Hell for Catholic Priests who sexually abused children, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, OJ Simpson, and President Trump?"

The Evil One smiled.

"Yes, of course. We've made special arrangements and have appropriate accommodations for them in anticipation of their eternal stay," laughed the Devil.

* * * * *

In the same way that we all have a unique story to tell, we all have a unique, sexual fantasy to share. With no two sexual fantasies quite the same, what's your sexual fantasy? Don't feel shy or be embarrassed. Tell me. I'd really like to know your sexual fantasy. Unless you'd like me to write your sexual fantasies in a story, I promise not to tell anyone what your sexual fantasies are.

Don't be ashamed to admit that you have sexual fantasies. It's quite normal to have dreams, desires, and fantasies, sexual or otherwise. Being that we all have sexual fantasies, we all have secrets. Just as it's quite normal to have dreams, desires, and fantasies, it's quite normal to keep secrets. Tell me. I'd like to know. Unless you want me to write your secrets in a story, I promise not to tell anyone your dreams, desires, sexual fantasies, and/or secrets. So, tell me. What's your secrets?

We all have done things that have made us feel happy, sad, proud, embarrassed, ashamed, and/or even perverted. Looking back now, I can clearly see that what I did in my youth then is no big deal in my adulthood now. What I did while growing up was normal behavior and a rite of passage to becoming an adult. I made lots of mistakes and made plenty of errors in judgments. I wouldn't be who I am today had I not gone through all of that, all of this, and everything else that I'm going through now that I went through in my years of maturation.

Unlike many other writers who force themselves to write in the way that they force themselves to poop when they're constipated, I only write when inspired. Forcing oneself to write without inspiration is much like taking a shit but on paper instead of in a toilet. When writing uninspired thoughts, whatever words written not only have no meaning but also fall flat on the page. They're literally and figuratively shit. Trust me, no one wants to read a shitty story. I know because I've written lots of those shitting stories while competing in the yearlong and now defunct, Literotica's Survivor contest, the writer who writes the most stories in the most categories wins.

"Yet, something I couldn't say before, I can say now. To quote the late, great comedian Flip Wilson, 'The Devil made me do it.' Now every time I write another mother and son incest story, being that mother and son incest stories are the Devil's favorite literature, I can say without reservation that the Devil made me do it."

I won the Survivor contest three times, finished in second place three times, and placed in third three times. No other writer has won, finished, and placed as many times in that contest. Not just by the number of stories posted but also by the number of words written, I'm one of the most prolific writers on the site.

Having written stories under 14 different names for the past ten-years, including writing stories under my real name, Susan Jill Parker as SusanJillParker, I've written more than 2,000 stories and poems of more than 10 million words that have amassed more than 350 million hits. I wish I had a penny for every hit. That's quite a lot of hits by any measure. I've won more than twice the contest money than another other writer on Literotica. Presently, with more than 80,000 writers on the site, I'm the 18th most favored writer.

My story, I Love You, Mommy, written under my WmForrester name, was one of the most read story in all of 2010. Presently, with just under 2 million hits, slipping back from a high of #59, it's now #73 on the all-time 250 most read lists. I had two other stories on the all-time most read list written under BostonFictionWriter, one of my other names, Stripping My Mother-in-law Naked, and Sex with my Sister-in-law Sarah. I deleted them both from the site to publish them as e-Books. Matter of fact, I deleted more than 350 stories from my BostonFictionWriter account because people were stealing my stories to post them as e-Books on Amazon.

I only write when I'm in the mood to write, which is every day. With inspired writing the best writing, it took me years to leave my window of inspiration open more than just a few minutes. Now, I can open it at will and leave it open for as long as I want. Unlike other writers who routinely do, I never stare at a blank page while wondering what to write. Most times, I have the story already written in my head. Sometimes, I have the whole story and can't type fast enough to write it all down in time before I forget some of it and/or before I lose the inspiration to continue writing it with inspired writing.

Whenever I get stuck what to write, which is rare, I take my story to bed with me. Just before I put my head on my pillow and close my eyes, I think of my story. Without consciously thinking about the story, I surrender the story to my subconscious. I allow my brain to percolate my story during the night. Then, when I awaken, with the story fresh and in my mind, I can't type fast enough.

Being that I have the most inspiration early in the morning, I write at the same time every day, from 4:30 am until 11:30 am. I only write in the morning. Too tired and/or too preoccupied by then, I can't write in the afternoons or at night. When I was working full-time, I used to write late at night, 7:00 pm until midnight, but I stopped when I heard voices. Being that I lived in an old house, built in 1884, I thought the house was haunted until I realized that it was my characters talking to me and whispering their thoughts in my ears. I wish I knew then what I know now, I would have been a better writer.

* * * * *

When writing, I sit in a comfortable chair, my favorite chair, a Herman Miller Aeron C chair. I also have a Herman Miller Embody chair but I prefer writing in the Aeron. Neither chair comes with a headrest but the Aeron had an option to buy a headrest that matched the chair from an outside vendor. Now, the Aeron has a huge, adjustable headrest that allows me to lean back and read and reflect on what I've written when not writing. Of course, both chairs have lumbar support and adjustable arms along with a multitude of adjustments to make the chair comfortable for anyone, tall, short, obese, or thin.

My only vice, other than writing every day, I'm addicted to coffee. I can't write without drinking Starbucks, French Roast coffee, black with no sugar. I can't write without sitting across from a window, a room with a view to serve as a distraction to clear my head. I also have an adjustable, rocking foot rest under my desk for increased comfort. Then, there are my gadgets and toys that I keep on my desk that keeps me amused so that I don't get bored. I'm easily bored.

Needing to stretch my legs and clear my head, I take a break every hour or so to use the toilet or to get something to eat, a chunky peanut butter, cinnamon graham cracker and another cup of coffee. Oddly, enough in the walk from my chair to the bathroom, I always think of something more to write that I had forgotten or hadn't considered before. For some reason, whether taking a shower or going to the toilet, the bathroom is my incubator for inspired thoughts.

I have two Dell XPS Special Edition desktop computers. Plenty powerful enough for word processing, they both are 512GB, solid state towers with 16GB ram and a 4.2ghz processing speed. I also have two giant sized monitors on a huge L-shaped desk. I use one computer for answering e-mails and researching my stories on Google and the other computer to write my stories. I never go on the Internet with my story computer for obvious reasons. I use the latest Word, 2016 Office, and, every few minutes, save everything not only to my hard drive but also to my flash drive too.

Compared to the old computers, 286's, 386's, 486's, and Pentiums, these new computers are fast. What used to take several minutes to boot up then, only takes 15 seconds to boot up the computer now. I remember the old days when I was first learning how to use a computer. Thanks mostly to Microsoft, Apple, and Dell, we've come so far in such a short period of time. With everything needing to be saved on a floppy disk, the computer needed to boot up with a floppy disk. Needing to know DOS to instruct the computer with commands to do anything, computing is so much better and is much easier now than it was back then.

I remember the days when I could only write with pen in a composition notebook. From there, I could only write when typing on my Smith Corona typewriter. With it's too light of a touch, I never liked the IBM Selectric typewriter. Besides, with them so very costly, who could afford them other than a Fortune 500 business? I prefer pounding the keys and if they still made them, I would have purchased a manual typewriter instead of an electric one back then. Now, unable to write without my computer, Microsoft Word is a Godsend.

* * * * *

I don't take a day off or take a vacation from writing because I don't feel that writing is a job. To me, writing isn't work but enjoyment. Besides, I feel that I'm running out of time to write all that I want and need to write before I die. It's not that I'm old but I'm realistic.

Giving my life to God, with most things out of my control, my next story may be my last story. Who knows? Here today and gone tomorrow. My next story may be my best story but before I can write that, I have to write so many others. One of the lucky ones, at least I'm finally doing what I love to do. I write stories. Yet, instead of being a short story writer, I'm more of a novelist. I've written more than sixty novel length works.

Because I'm a novelist, I could never write screenplays. I've had a couple of courses in Screenplay writing. I enjoyed the courses and did well in them but writing screenplays are mostly writing 120 pages of dialogue, a page for each minute of the movie, and little else. Yet, whether a writer, a reader, and/or love going to the movies, I recommend taking a course in screenplay writing. It's fun reading the book and then watching the movie while comparing one to the other to see what the director does with what the writer wrote.

What I didn't like about screenwriting is that, once the screenplay is written, the rest of the story is left up to the interpretation of the director and/or the actors. Instead of giving up control of what I've written, I prefer maintaining control of all that I wrote. I prefer writing everything, the plot, the background, the character development, the dialogue, the tension, the description, and the imagery. I prefer writing the whole story, a story that can't be left to anyone's interpretation and changed from the book once written.

Oddly enough the only book that I know that was translated word by word to the movie was the Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton and directed by Martin Scorsese. Interestingly enough, the only book that I know that was written after the movie was The Piano, by Jane Campion, who also directed the movie. Nonetheless, writers and directors must work hand and hand because we wouldn't have one without the other.

Back in the day of Charles Dickens, with him publishing his stories a chapter at a time in the newspaper as a serial series, readers couldn't wait to read his next chapter. In the way that movie stars and pop idols are revered today in the 21st century, Dickens was the closest thing to a pop star back then in the 19th century. More than 150-years later, many of his stories were made into movies while other writers were forgotten.

Examples of movies made from the works of Charles Dickens were The Death of Poor Joe 1901, Scrooge or Marley's Ghost 1901, The Adventures of Mr. Pickwick 1921, Rich Man's Folly 1931, David Copperfield 1935, Great Expectation 1946, Oliver Twist 1948, Scrooge 1951 The Pickwick Papers 1952, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol 1962, Oliver 1968, The Odd Curiosity Shop 1975, The Stingiest Man in Town 1978, An American Christmas Carol 1979, A Tale of Two Cities1980, Mickey's Christmas Carol 1983, Little Dorrit 1987, The Adventures of Oliver Twist 1987, Hard Times 1988, Scrooged 1988, Oliver & Company 1988, The Muppet Christmas Carol 1992, Ms. Scrooge 1997, A Diva's Christmas Carol 2000, The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickelby 2001, Christmas Carol: The Movie 2001, Nicholas Nickleby 2002, Twist 2003, Boy Called Twist 2004, A Christmas Carol 2009, The Mystery of Edwin Drood 2014, and Fitoor 2016.

Thirty-two movies were made from the works of Charles Dickens. The only living writer who had more movies made from his work is Stephen King who had at least 70 movie credits to his name. Just as we wouldn't have movies if we didn't have books, nonetheless the hard, dedicated, and creative work of writers, the directors and actors receive all the credit and the bulk of the money. Unless a writer has creative control in the way of JK Rowling and Stephen King have, writers are ignored, overlooked, unappreciated, and underpaid. We wouldn't have Oscars if it wasn't for writers starting the whole process of writing stories for the silver screen.

I bet you don't know who had the most movies adaptations made from their stories. I'll give you a hint. It wasn't JK Rowling, Charles Dickens, or Stephen King. Give up? The list of the most movie inspired writers is below.

The authors most adapted for the big screen, those given more than 100 IMBd credits on the internet movie database were: William Shakespeare 831, Anton Chekhov 320, Charles Dickens 300, Alexandre Dumas 243, Edgar Allen Poe 240, Robert Louis Stevenson 225, Arthur Conan Doyle 220, Hans Christian Anderson 217, Edgar Wallace 214, The Brothers Grimm 212, Moliere 208, O. Henry 201, Oscar Wilde 181, Fyodor Dostoevsky 177, Leo Tolstoy 154, Victor Hugo 150, Jules Verne 143, Stephen King 127, Agatha Christie 126, L. Frank Baum 124, Mark Twain 121, Somerset Maugham 121, Noel Coward 101, and Miguel de Cervantes 101.

* * * * *

Why do I write? I mostly write for myself and if someone enjoys reading what I write, then that's a bonus. Moreover, I write because I must write. I write because it makes me feel good. I write to clear my mind of my thoughts. I write because I must write to remember all that I shouldn't forget. Writing is cathartic. Writing is therapeutic.

I write because of all the physical, emotional, and sexual abuse I suffered. Being that I'm a survivor of incest, writing is my lifelong therapy. Writing is what I do to heal myself for me to make sense of all the horrific abuse I suffered. Yet, even though I've had years of therapy, as if I'm cursed to write incestuous sex stories, here I am writing erotica on a porn site.