Invisible Girl - An Erotic Romance Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jane smiled timidly and looked down. "Oh, I'm sure."

"And I'm assuming you're not sleeping with anyone else—is that right?"

"Yes."

"Well, then... I guess that's all right."

Doctor Weissman looked down thoughtfully for a moment, then looked up at Jane and said, "You know I was friends with your mother in college?" Jane nodded. "Well, I was with her when she found out she was pregnant. She was very upset. She was already engaged to your father, so that was all right, but it meant she wouldn't be able to finish college. Wouldn't have the career she'd been planning—she wanted to be a journalist, did you know that?"

Jane shook her head slowly, astonished. She'd never thought of her mother as anything but what she was.

Doctor Weissman leaned forward and patted her on the knee. "Your mother loves you very much, and I'm sure she's glad you came along. But I think she's always regretted not finishing college. Not really finding out what she could achieve."

She paused, then said, "I'm not telling you this to make you feel bad. It's just that I know she'd be heartbroken if the same thing happened to you. So I want you to promise me that you'll be very, very careful."

Jane nodded and Doctor Weissman scribbled something on a prescription pad, tore off the page and handed it to Jane, saying, "Here's your prescription..." Then she reached into the pocket of her white lab-coat and handed Jane a card, saying, "...and here's my office number. I want you to call me if you have any questions or if there are any problems, all right? Will you promise me that?"

Jane nodded again, soberly, and said, "Yes. Thank you," as she carefully stored the card and prescription in her purse.

They both stood up and the doctor put an arm around Jane's shoulders as they walked towards the door. "You know, usually when young women come here for birth control I have a little speech I make about not confusing sex with love..." She looked down at Jane with a considering gaze. "But I suspect you already know the difference. Am I right?"

Jane blinked a few times in confusion, never having thought about it, but finally said, "I...think so."

Doctor Weissman gave Jane's shoulders a squeeze and said, "I think so too."

She walked Jane out to the waiting room and handed her over to her mother, saying, "She's all set, Eva." She gave Jane's mother a quick hug, saying, "I can't believe we're old enough for you to have such a grown-up daughter."

"Me either," Jane's mother replied, smiling—a little sadly, Jane thought.

She mused over what Doctor Weissman had told her as she and her mother made their way back to the car.

As they drove out of the parking lot, her mother asked her how she'd liked Dr. Weissman and she replied, "She's nice. I was afraid she was going to be scary but she wasn't."

Her mother nodded. "It's better to have a woman doctor for this kind of thing. I'm so glad she and I kept in touch." She was silent for a moment, remembering, then said, "We had so much fun together in college. We used to double-date: your father and I and she and Gerry Weissman; she was Rachel Goldner then."

"She told me you wanted to be a journalist."

Jane's mother glanced over at her in surprise. "She remembered that? My goodness. I'd almost forgotten it myself." She concentrated on her driving for a while. "We all had such big plans back then. I think Rachel's the only one of us who did what she set out to do."

She was silent after that, and Jane sensed the same sadness in her that she'd noticed earlier.

"Mom? Are you sorry you didn't finish college?"

Her mother didn't reply at first, then said quietly, "Sometimes."

She reached over and took Jane's hand while she drove, saying, "I wouldn't have missed having you for anything, honey, you know that. But sometimes I do wish it had all happened just a little later, that's all."

They rode along in silence for a while, lost in their own thoughts. They stopped at a pharmacy to get Jane's prescription filled, then went on to a restaurant her mother knew.

After they'd ordered, Jane asked, "Do you have to go to college to be a journalist?"

Her mother looked curiously at her. "Well...no, not technically. Why?"

Jane chose her words carefully. "Well, you're going to be writing that book with Dad, and that's kind of like journalism, isn't it?"

"Yes, I suppose."

"Well," said Jane, leaning forward, "Why can't you write about other stuff? Maybe for the Ledger?" The Ridgeton Ledger was the town's daily newspaper.

Her mother was taken aback. "The Ledger? What on earth would I write about?"

Jane shrugged. "I dunno, but it comes out every day and they have to fill it up with something." She shrugged again and sat back. "I just thought it might be fun, if you wanted to do it." She picked up a roll, tore off a large piece and began to butter it.

Her mother stared thoughtfully into space for a while. Then she said, "I'd never thought about it. The Ledger..." Then she shook her head. "No. They have full-time reporters, and I'm..."

Jane cut her off, even though she had a bite of bread in her mouth. "Mom..." She stopped, swallowed and went on, "You could write about stuff that they don't. I mean, they write about politics, but you actually work with the Democrats all the time. You know what's going on with them way before the Ledger does, don't you?"

"Well, that's true..." her mother replied slowly. "I wonder..."

"Do it, Mom. Why don't you write a sample story and send it to them? I'll bet they'd like it."

"Hmm... It's a local paper...they should be interested in local politics. Or even local views on national politics..."

Jane's mother was drumming her fingers thoughtfully on the table, lost in thought. Jane watched her silently, holding very still so as not to distract her. Finally, her mother returned her focus to Jane, shrugged, smiled and said, "Well, it's worth a try. Why not?"

Jane smiled back and said, "Yay."

When they'd finished eating and were on their way out, Jane's mother asked the woman at the register if there was a record store nearby. There was one just a couple of blocks away, so Jane said she'd walk there and meet her mother back at the restaurant in an hour or so. As soon as she'd seen her mother off, however, she hurried back into the restaurant and showed the woman the address she'd copied out of the phone book and asked her how far away it was.

"Well, that's a bit of a walk, sweetie, but you could do it, I guess," she replied. "Or I could call a taxi for you..."

"No, that's all right, I'll walk," Jane replied.

The woman gave her directions: "Go out the door, turn left. Turn left at the corner, go down two blocks and that'll be Commonwealth Ave. Turn right and it should be about six blocks up."

Jane thanked her and hurried out.

The directions were good and soon she found herself, perspiring somewhat heavily after a fast walk on a hot day, outside the place she'd been looking for: Ruffles.

This was definitely the place Chrissy had told her about; there was even a mannequin sporting thigh-highs (and not much else) in the display window, along with a lot of other frilly looking sleepwear and underthings.

Someday, Jane thought, when I have more time, I'm going to come back here...and bring Peter. Oh god, wouldn't he love this!

As it was, though, she had to hurry. She went inside and with the help of a saleswoman quickly found a pair of white stockings similar to the ones Chrissy had worn. And then, on impulse, she also picked up a lacy crimson bra and panties set. The party she and Peter were going to would be too informal for the thigh-highs, but she wanted to wear something special for him.

After paying for her purchases, she hurried back the way she'd come and then on to the record store, where she quickly grabbed the latest Beatles album, paid for it and headed back to the restaurant, slipping the little bag from Ruffles inside the larger bag with the record as she did so.

All this subterfuge wasn't really necessary—her mother knew she was having sex with Peter, after all—but she didn't want to flaunt it.

Her mother arrived a few minutes later and together they went shopping for summer clothes.

Until Peter had come along Jane had never paid much attention to clothing, letting her mother make most of the decisions. But now each item she held up before her in the department store's three-way mirrors was seen at least partially through Peter's eyes. Plus, she would be working this summer and needed to look nice for that.

She was glad her mother was along—she had great clothing sense and was a great help at finding things that were flattering but still within the bounds of good taste.

Next Jane helped her mother find clothes for herself. She had no idea that shopping could be as much fun as this. When her mother took a break to use the restroom, Jane even picked out some more underwear—not as exotic as what she'd purchased earlier, but things for everyday wear that would still look good if anyone happened to take the rest of her clothes off.

Thinking about that possibility, she flushed. Oh god, she couldn't wait for tomorrow night!

When her mother returned they were ready to leave. Jane tried to give her mother the money she had left, but her mother waved it away, saying, "No, honey, that's for buying records and things. I've got this." And Jane gave her a hug and said, "Thanks, Mom."

They were nearly to the main doors when Jane's mother noticed the office-supplies department, said, "Wait one sec," and went in.

Jane saw her pick up something and purchase it, but was too far away to tell what it was. Her mother returned brandishing a tiny little bag. "New typewriter ribbon," she said.

Jane smiled. "Way to go, Mom."

Chapter Twenty-Six

By the time Saturday night came around Jane felt ready to burst with anticipation: It was summer; she was going to a party with her boyfriend—and she could make love to him whenever she wanted to.

She wanted that to be soon.

It was still light out and a perfect June evening when Peter drove up. Jane had been waiting by the screen door since long before he could have been reasonably expected to arrive, and before the car had even come into view—the moment she heard the sound of tires on gravel—she had called out a quick good-bye to her parents and stepped out onto the porch.

And when she judged that Peter had driven close enough to see her clearly, she placed her purse at her feet, then put her hands behind her head and struck her favorite pose. She wanted to be sure he noticed what she was wearing.

It was a red sleeveless cotton dress with white piping around the edges and a row of white buttons down the front, and it fit her closely in all the right places, so that the slim shoulder straps were practically unnecessary.

She held the pose as Peter pulled up and stopped. The setting sun bathed her in golden light so rich and warm that she felt as if she were standing on a brightly-lit stage. Like the one in the Band Room. Oh god...

She dropped her arms back to her sides, grabbed her purse, ran down the steps, yanked open the car door and jumped in beside him, eager for the evening to begin.

They kissed quickly and then Peter drew back to look at her some more. He gave a low whistle and said, "Hel-lo, gorgeous! Wow, you look...wow."

Jane smiled and said, "You look pretty scrumptious yourself."

He was wearing his usual tight jeans and a snug-fitting black polo shirt, and she wanted to run her hands all over them.

They stared at each other hungrily for several seconds. Then Jane said, "We'd better get going."

Peter nodded, tore his eyes away from her and started the car again. He turned the car around and headed back out of the driveway. But he drove slowly, turning often to glance at Jane, his gaze full of desire. She knew exactly what he was feeling, and looked back at him the same way.

It was impossible to wait.

As soon as they were down the hill and out of sight of the house, Jane said, "Stop."

Peter understood immediately and not only stopped but switched off the engine. He barely had time to turn towards her when she leaped at him and covered his mouth with hers.

They kissed with passionate intensity, tongues intertwined, moaning out loud. Jane had Peter pinned against his seat, her breasts pressed against his chest, her left arm around his neck—and his right arm was around her waist pulling her even more tightly against him.

Jane felt possessed. She jerked his shirt loose from his pants and ran her free hand up inside it to feel his coarse hair against her palm. She found his left nipple and pinched it, eliciting an even louder groan. She cried, "Oh Peter!" against his open mouth and reached down to begin rubbing the front of his pants.

She couldn't wait, she couldn't wait! She freed her left arm and began frantically undoing his belt and opening his pants. He helped her by raising his hips and pushing his pants and underwear down to his knees, his fully erect cock springing forth. She quickly encircled it with one hand, stroking and squeezing it as she leaned forward to kiss him again.

Oh god, she wanted him so badly! She wanted nothing more than to tear off her panties and straddle him, right now!

But the one, infinitesimal part of her brain that was still able to think rationally told her to wait: that this was only the beginning, and that they had the whole night to do whatever they wanted with each other...the whole summer!

So instead she tore her mouth away from his and, pressing it to his ear, whispered, "Peter...I want your cock in my mouth!" then turned, scrambled into a kneeling position on the seat beside him, and swooped down to take him into her mouth.

Peter cried out from the sudden sensation of her lips and tongue on him. There was no teasing sensuality this time, no affectionate play—this was an assault.

The tightness of Jane's dress was constricting her movement, so without missing a stroke or even slowing down she reached back and undid the bottom five buttons before returning her hands to his cock. This allowed her to spread her knees apart for better balance, and a good thing, too, because just as she did so she felt Peter's hand begin to stroke her thigh.

She was amazed that he still had the presence of mind to do anything at all, considering what she was doing to him, but was not about to complain. Especially when he reached up and roughly pulled her panties aside and began to stroke her, and then penetrate her with his fingers.

They were both too excited to last long, and they didn't try. There would be time for leisurely lovemaking later. This was an act of release, pure and simple.

Jane came first, a quick, shuddering orgasm that pulled her upright so fast that she bumped her head on the roof of the car.

Then she saw that Peter was practically flopping like a fish in his seat—head back, mouth open, gasping—and she quickly reapplied her lips to his cock until he cried out again and filled her mouth with so much semen that she couldn't swallow it all, and some dripped back onto him.

She licked it off, causing him to moan faintly as she did so, then unfolded her legs from beneath her and fell back against her seat.

After a while she heard Peter murmur, "Did you get the license number?"

Jane, still unable to move or even open her eyes, murmured back, "What? What license number?"

"The truck that hit us. Whew. You wouldn't think there'd be so much traffic on a little road like this."

She smiled at that. Eyes still closed, she heard him stirring and straightening himself up. Then felt him leaning in close to her, followed by a light touch of his lips on hers, and the whisper, "I can't believe how sexy you are. Thank you."

She opened her eyes part way and smiled at him. "You too." They kissed again.

They took a little time to regroup before continuing on to the party.

Jane had had the foresight to bring a packet of tissues in her purse, and she handed some to Peter, telling him he had lipstick on his mouth. While he was cleaning himself she used some tissues to soak up the moisture between her legs and stuffed a few into her panties for good measure before straightening and re-buttoning her dress.

Then she took another and wiped the remaining lipstick from her mouth and used the rearview mirror to look at as she took a lipstick from her purse and reapplied it. She saw Peter watching her in the mirror and made a kiss at him.

Then she pulled a comb from her purse and fixed her hair before leaning over and doing the same for Peter. Then she sat back and said, "Well? Do we look decent enough to be seen in public?"

Peter gave her a warm smile and said, "You certainly do. God, you're pretty."

Jane smiled back happily and he went on, "You're gonna be fighting guys off with a stick." He held up an imaginary cigar and tapped imaginary ashes from its end before adding, as Groucho, "If that's your idea of a good time."

They had never driven anywhere together before, and Jane felt like laughing from the sheer pleasure of it: Peter driving with one hand and holding hers with the other; the sensuousness of the warm, moist air that poured in through the car windows; the way everything around them glowed reddish-gold in the dying light, making it look as though they were driving through a fairyland.

And in a few minutes they would be making their first public appearance as a couple. Jane leaned against Peter's shoulder and sighed with happiness.

It was easy to tell when they were close to Suzy's house as both sides of the street were filled with parked cars and there were lots of young people converging on one brightly lit house, some going in, some hanging around in the yard talking and enjoying the evening air.

Peter cruised by slowly, checking for any overlooked parking places on his side, while Jane checked the other. She recognized several cars belonging to people she knew-including one that made her frown, then slump back against her seat, scowling.

Peter, noticing, said, "What?"

Jane jerked her thumb behind her. "Chrissy's here."

"So?"

"So she thinks my out-of-town 'boyfriend' set up the meeting with Father Brian, remember?"

Peter looked thoughtful and nodded as he continued to drive along the street. Jane went on, "She got kind of weird when she saw us coming into school together that day. If she sees us together again tonight...darn!" She scowled again.

"Well, can't you say you broke up with him?" He turned briefly and smiled at her. "I am pretty irresistible, after all."

Jane had to smile back. "I wouldn't know...I've never tried to resist you." Then she frowned again. "The trouble is, she's already suspicious, I think...and it's all your fault," she added mischievously.

She told him about the blunder she'd made asking about the stockings but made no mention of the fact that she'd already obtained a pair. That was a surprise for another time.

Peter gave up on finding a nearby parking place and turned at the corner. A few houses down on the left there was one with a "For Sale" sign. It was mostly hidden from view by a tall hedge, but when they peered in from the end of the driveway it was dark and appeared to be deserted so Peter pulled in there. He turned off the ignition then turned to Jane and said, "Well? What do we want to do?"

Jane chewed her lip for a moment. "I guess we're going to have to go in separately and pretend we're just friends. Darn. Darn. Darn."

"I love it when you talk dirty."

She slugged him in the shoulder. "I wanted everybody to see us together."

She leaned over and kissed him, saying softly, "I'm really happy that we're together. And I just wanted everyone to know it."